Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Ravenclaw Common Room
Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get the riddle right?
Yes, it was really easy!
56%
 56%  [ 45 ]
No, I got locked out D:
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
I guessed and I got in O.o
30%
 30%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 79

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:48 am
User Image
𝔼𝕔𝕙𝕠 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // dating Kasdeja de Assispace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish in the Common Roomspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Focusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I'm definitely getting more by this author...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Can I pose a question? How do you kill what is dead?
I just shoot from the hip, and I aim for the head.
♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho laughed a bit. "Not expecting, exactly. Just, you're a lot... calmer, when you sneak up on me, than... certain other people," the brunette replied, smirking a bit, knowing Kas would know exactly who he was referring to. The Gryffindor girl wasn't known for her subtlety, after all. The kiss, as always, made Echo's cheeks flush, barely noticeable, but he was sure that Kas would see it. He always did. After a moment, Echo adjusted his position so that there was room in the chair for two; it was a rather nice-sized chair for precisely that... which may have contributed to why Echo's fondness for it had grown exponentially over the last year. It'd always been his favorite, but that title was thoroughly cemented by the fact that he could cuddle up to Kas in it. "Hanging over the back of the chair doesn't look particularly comfortable, you know," he said, a clear indication that his boyfriend should sit, in case the change in position hadn't been enough of a hint. As it was, one of them would likely have to throw their legs over the other's lap... oh, the horror, he thought sarcastically.

spaceHe shrugged a bit, smiling at Kas' question over the book. "Sort of... less secret ops, more thieves guild. But, hush hush, yeah, definitely." At his own words, he recalled which game the book had reminded his father's friend of; Thief. The simplistic connection made him feel a bit silly for forgetting. He'd never played the game before, though, so he chalked it up to that. He wasn't very good at stealth games... he was more of a puzzle gamer, really. He and his father did agree on one thing very strongly, and that was that Portal 2 was the best video game in existence. His dad liked it for the challenge... Echo liked it because GladOS was a snarky b***h. And also for the challenge. But mostly because GladOS. The writing was really pretty brilliant. For a puzzle game, it was unusually highly story-driven. The combination made Echo a big fan.

spaceThe brunette frowned a bit when Kas said that he'd been lazy and unproductive. What, exactly, did he mean by that? "Like, sleeping lazy, or sitting around doing nothing? Or, distracting yourself with nonsense to avoid doing homework?" he asked, eyes narrowing a bit, his tone mild. He was trying... and failing... to scold Kas, but a bit of his amusement had leaked through, both in his voice and his eyes. He gave up as soon as the redhead said it was why he'd come to the Common Room... generally, that meant he wanted a distraction. Which, of course, Echo was more than happy to provide. Although, he did wonder if perhaps they should relocate. Not that anything untoward was going to happen, but Echo still didn't quite like kissing Kas out in the open. Not because he was ashamed or anything, just... it felt awkward. People looked at them. He didn't like it when people looked at him... except Kas. "Well, I'm sure there's something more enjoyable you can distract yourself with, in any case," he said, a light smirk playing on his lips, cheeks flushing. The contrast of the cocky grin and shy blush was an odd expression, but one Echo often wore with Kas. He was comfortable with them... but it was still strange. New. He hadn't quite gotten used to it yet. But, there was only one way to fix that, after all... feeling impulsive, his hand cupped Kas' cheek and he pressed his lips against the redhead's, the kiss a bit more involved than the peck he'd received moments ago. When he pulled back, the blush had deepened, but he didn't move beyond that, eyes bright... relocating might not be a bad idea. But, then, the chair was big enough for two, and didn't everyone have better things to do than watch the two of them snog? It wasn't like Tanya and Elsie could pop in and coo over it (an exaggeration, to be sure... but only a slight one). The worst they'd suffer is some prefect telling them to knock it off. Or his sister showing up and teasing. But, then, even that didn't bother him overmuch. Not really.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ He used to be your friend; that was another life.
                                                          With a single bullet, we're gonna blow his mind
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Grespeciatto

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 am
User Image
User Image
YOU AND I XXXXX WE WERE XXXXX YOU AND I XXXXX BORN TO DIE XXXXX YOU AND I XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
! ! !x ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ xxx oh . . choose . . your xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x ❛ █▌║█▌║█▌║█▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
: : L A S T ▣ W O R D S xx this x ↘↘↘↘↘↘↘↘ x is - - xxx
thelasttime thelasttime thelasttime thelasttime thelasttime
thelasttime thelasttime thelasttime thelasttime thelasttime thelasttime
because YOU AND I ! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
chooseyourlastwords chooseyourlastwords xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
YOU AND I ! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thisisthelasttime thisisthelasttime thisisthelasttimexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxWE WERE BORN TO DIE

Kas laughed. "Dearest Tanya," the redhead grinned, the peppy girl surfacing in his thoughts fondly. He had her to thank as well━ very much so. After all, it was the Gryffindor who had pushed them together from the very beginning along with the willow of a Hufflepuff they called friends. "She is very lively," he admitted, recalling more than a few instances of said sneak-attacks on both their persons. "But that's what we all love about her," he grinned with a light shrug, not missing the flush that spread across the other's cheeks. Jebus, could he be anymore adorable? At the following reply, the redhead laughed, affecting a coy smile at the invitation in the string of words. It wasn't too bad, leaning over like so━ at least the back supported him somewhat so he could just. . . lean on it, or something, without too much effort, but who was he to deny something like that?

"I don't know, I'm quite comfortable, and that seat looks awfully small," he teased, though the teen was halfway to said destination as he spoke. Settling into the small space━ Kas had never been more glad for his skinny frame than he had when they'd discovered this certain joy━ it took a little shifting from his part, but he eventually positioned well enough, placing his jean-clad legs over Echo's so they'd fit and have enough room. It was a little of a squeeze, but definitely the good kind. He certainly wasn't complaining. "Thieves? Hmm, secret missions and whatnot, yeah? Lend me the book when you're done?" Guilds were always a good thing━ Kas had read a few a while back, though he'd forgotten the name of the series. It was a good one, too, a little darker than most books in its genre, with about a shittonne of betrayal and illicit undergoings. He was pulled out of his thoughts, however at the question shot at his person, looking up with a sheepish expression into blue eyes.

"D, all of the above," he admitted with a laugh and a slight blush. Okay, it was a little embarrassing, getting found out about his general laziness. It was obvious, yeah, but most usually were of the opinion that he wasn't as much of a layabout as he could be on occasion. That, and Echo had hit the nails right on the head. "One of those at some point, though I had good reason. Charms wasn't being very kind," he grimaced at the memory. Who knew? There was just so much theory on it, and about a million speculations. At least transfiguration had a set of laws to abide by, this particular branch of Charms was a more on all the aspects of the outcome and what elicited the outcome━ Kas had not appreciated it. It sort of, might have bitten at his pride a bit, since he was used to being able to just average things out and be done with it. Apparently not━ or at least, not with this part of Charms. Echo's next words had him smiling, surprised at the bluntness in the suggestion. Still, he didn't have much time to think pleasantly on it, since Echo's lips were on his and they were kissing the next moment━ not at all like the first few pecks, definitely getting a little deeper.

It broke off a little too soon━ for the redhead, anyway━ for his liking, but the nice sight in front of him made for an almost acceptable compensation for the dire lack of liplock between him and his boyfriend. Green eyes darted down to the mouth he'd been kissing not a moment ago before quickly coming back to meet the eyes, a coy grin forming at the sight. "That was very forward," Kas remarked, the pink on his cheekbones still not faded.

❛❛ Keep calm and carry on. ❞

______|_|_|______

Mood :: Glad || Location and Action :: Ravenclaw Common Room, You Tell Me || Company :: Echo

Outfit :: Kiss A Boy In London Town || Currently With :: Echo Lovette

OOC :: LIVE WITH MY CRAP I'M SORRY Q ^ Q

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

542e17
7b6d4a
b69f6a

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:41 pm
User Image
𝔼𝕔𝕙𝕠 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // dating Kasdeja de Assispace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish in the Common Roomspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Focusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I'm definitely getting more by this author...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Can I pose a question? How do you kill what is dead?
I just shoot from the hip, and I aim for the head.
♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho snorted. There were a lot of words he'd use to describe Tanya, 'dear' wasn't one of them. Dear called to mind the picture of some elegant, sophisticated socialite, or a doting wife. Tanya was neither. She was more like a hurricane. Lively, indeed. He didn't think he'd ever heard such an understatement. "Is that it? Hm. I was certain she was slipping us all a potion to make us like her. I'll have to rethink my taste in friends, then," he said, though of course he didn't mean it. He might think she was a bit exasperating at times, but he did love Tanya, after all. She was a good friend, and fun to be around. Just... she wore him out. Her mere presence could be exhausting, just because she was being herself. Not in a bad way, it was the good kind of tiring, really, but he only had so much energy he could spare in the name of her insanity.

spaceThe Ravenclaw frowned when Kas argued with him. He knew it was a tease, of course, hard not to, since Kas was even now moving around the chair to join him, but still. He felt like he should pout, try to act coy, something, but he wasn't exactly good at that. It wasn't really his forte... Kas was far better at it than he was. Well, whatever. He was content to be the sweet, innocent one. "You're awful," he said, but his eyes were playful and he had a smile on his face. "And sure... I'll probably be able to give it to you by tomorrow morning, to be honest." His expression grew sheepish. Well, it was true. He was a fast reader, after all, and he was completely up to date with his studies, his homework, he had nothing better to do... except... well.

spaceEcho gave a sympathetic sort of murmur. "Charms? Do you need help?" he asked, because really, he was more than happy to help. Especially if it meant that his boyfriend would both receive a passing grade and have less time spent worrying about the lesson and more to sit in his lap... he really was quite fond of this chair.

spaceThis kiss wasn't like most of the others they'd had. It was... just, more. More what, he didn't know, but more. It wasn't different in terms of the action itself, not really, but there was certainly an undercurrent of something that was deeper. When it ended, he found he was a bit breathless. The hand on Kas' cheek stayed in place, his eyes wide, something bright lurking in their depths. He swallowed lightly, heart pounding. "Sorry?" The apology was genuine, if only because, well, it had been rather forward. Typically he didn't care... but typically when they kissed, there weren't eyes on them. Not that anyone was looking now (or if they were, he hadn't noticed), but still, the potential for it was there. It wasn't proper. Not that he really cared much about propriety, he supposed. More than his sister, sure, but he wasn't a slave to it. PDA wasn't an issue for him because he thought there was something wrong with it. He just liked having something secret. Private. Special. But... he also rather liked that everyone knew he had a boyfriend, which was uncharacteristically vain of him, he knew, but he supposed he could be forgiven that one instance. It wasn't as though he was obnoxious, right?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ He used to be your friend; that was another life.
                                                          With a single bullet, we're gonna blow his mind
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Grespeciatto

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Iñigo Lazarus Albion-Alexandré~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ravenclaw<||>Second Year<||>Seer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stay strong...I know it is hard to understand why these things happen, but they do"

Iñigo smiled as she nestled into his arm, completely ruling out her chance of going to bed a little earlier. He found himself chuckling a a bit, keeping his eyes on her. When she said to get used to her, all he could do was laugh, mainly because he was already used to her being there. "I wouldn't have it any other way, he said to her, letting her lay on him even more. He was glad to have her to comfort him. At this moment, she meant a deal to him and he honestly could never be more glad to have met someone like her. She then started to talk about a slightly more depressing story about how her and her family. He felt bad for her quite a bit but he definitely had never felt what she was feeling. His family had always been so tight-knit that he never found that to be a problem

"That's too bad...maybe you could ask them to go one day. Maybe they'll do something with you if you ask. I don't know. Hey, but you can come with me to Spain if you want to camp. I constantly do it when I'm there. I'd have to ask my father but the offer is on the table, he said to her, completely sure that his father would be fine with her going. He knew his family would be fine with it. They were the friendliest wizards one would ever come across. His Grandfather was still alive and he had to be the nicest person alive. And his other uncle was as well. Not to mention all of his cousins and others. Either way, his family loved to meet new people.

"How many siblings do you have?" he asked her, only recalling two of them, but he could have some older ones. Her parents didn't seem that old though but they could've had children early. He wasn't going to be the one to ask that question though.

"Trust me, we are going to change our lives for the better"

Arkendrai

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:54 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxif you have to ask, you'll never know. if you know, you need only ask.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

Iñigo asked her if she could ask her parents, and Lexine sucked in a cheek. "I couldn't...my family, we're not exactly the type of family to go out and do things together. After all, my sister is home schooled, and my brother will be as well when he's old enough..." Lexine sighed. She never realised how much time she spent with her family before she was sent off to Hogwarts. That was why everyone simply stayed away from one another in the summer time, they spent all their time near each other during the autumn, winter and spring, so they couldn't stand one another in the summer. Well, that was how Lexine saw it, she didn't really understand it to be honest...

Then Iñigo said that she could go to Spain with him. Lexine smiled and looked up at him.
                                                "That would be lovely! But...I don't know Spanish...and I'm not quite sure my parents would allow it. I could always ask, of course. Although I have my doubts..." She said, frowning a bit. She then shrugged "I suppose I can't give up until I actually try, eh?" Lexine shrugged, smiling a bit. "But I would love to! I bet it's a lot of fun!" Lexine smiled brightly and looked up at Iñigo.

Then Iñigo asked about siblings. Lexine thought it was obvious, but guessed that he very well could've thought that there was someone older, although Lexine was the oldest of her siblings.
                                                "Two; Sybil and Evan. Sybil's a little brat, but Evan's a cute kid. I love them both, though, I really do...even if I won't admit it to them..." Lexine said. She really did love them, but sometimes they were just pains...

clothing x ooc :: ---

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:40 pm

"Stay strong...I know it is hard to understand why these things happen, but they do"

Iñigo listened to her speak about her family, a frown beginning to make its way onto his face. He felt bad for her. He couldn't imagine how deep of a hole he would be in right now if not for his whole family. After his mother died, when he was visiting, his grandmother turned to him and told him in Spanish that she was his mother now and to never be afraid to ask her anything. And ever since then, he had been extremely close to everyone in his family. They kept him grounded when they were together. They also kept him extremely happy. Basically...what they did for him was the same effect Lexine had on him as well. "I'm...sorry. I guess I shouldn't have said that," he said, looking back down into the fire. He hoped he had not upset her at all, but any idea that he had upset her went out the door as soon as her eyes lit up when she realized he was inviting her to Spain.

"You don't have to worry about not knowing Spanish. A lot of mi famila know some form of English because they were taught it in school. And they are not Muggles so you won't have to worry about concealing everything. It is great fun. Alicante is a beautiful place. Make sure you write me though. When you ask your parents so I know if you can go or not of course." he said to her, a smile finally making its way back onto his face. He was glad she would at least ask.

Then there was brief hiatus before she was answering his third question. He felt a little dumb when she answered, but he just assumed she probably had older siblings. But he should've figured that was not the case based on how young her parents looked. "Sorry, that may or may not have been a dumb question," he said to her, shrugging his shoulders and laughing. "I always wished I could have had a brother but it is too late now. Don't ever take it for granted because it's actually kind of weird being an only child. I always would want to talk to someone and of course, no one but my dreadfully boring father was there when I live in Escocia. My father is really boring. Monotonous as can be ever since my mother passed away," he admitted, removing his arm from below her and setting it across the top of the couch, she would be laying more against the side of his chest now, which to be honest was much more comfortable for him. But he didn't truly know how the girl would react to his arm moving positions.

Arkendrai

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:53 am
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxif you have to ask, you'll never know. if you know, you need only ask.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

Lexine shook her head. Iñigo felt bad about asking, but he shouldn't have. "No, it's fine, Iñigo. Honestly, my family has never been very close. It's just how my family is, and there's no changing it. Might-as-well accept it." She shrugged gently. "There's no reason not to ask." She finished. Lexine didn't mind the questions, it was just a bit upsetting knowing that she'd never be very close to anyone in her family -- of course she still had yet to learn if that's the case with her little brother.

"That makes things easier, especially the whole 'they aren't Muggles' thing." Lexine smiled. She had never been outside of Scotland, other than going to Hogwarts, of course, so it would be exciting to go somewhere else. Especially Spain, after all it probably wouldn't rain every other day there, and would be a lot more fun then hanging around two siblings that never really talked to her, and parents that were too busy with managing the house and their own lives. It would be nice...different, but a good different. "I will, trust me...as long as I remember," Lexine laughed. "Sometimes I wonder why I was placed in Ravenclaw...this just happens to be one of them..."

"It's not stupid,"
                                                Lexine said, hitting Iñigo gently, "I could have older siblings," Lexine said, shrugging. She understood it, after all. Lexine nodded, "Don't worry, I never will. I love my siblings, honest, they're just not the best to talk to at any point...well, Sybil's not, Evan's only five, so..." Lexine smiled. She was rather surprised when Iñigo moved his arm. She hadn't realised how uncomfortable he may have been with his arm squished against his side, but was rather surprised as she fell closer to his chest. Lexine blushed brightly, although it wasn't really that visible in the firelight. She pushed herself back up so she was more on the side of his upper chest instead of almost near his stomach. "Sorry, laying on your arm like that must've been uncomfortable," she said quietly, her face still burning.

clothing x ooc :: - - -

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:34 pm

Iñigo listened to her speak, happy to hear that she had not taken anything to offense. In fact, she shrugged it off, which really told him that's how she has always lived her life. It was a shame that she didn't do anything with her family. Doing things with the family can sometimes be one of the most rewarding experiences one can go through. "I hope things get a little bit better for you in that respect though," he admitted to her, showing a little sympathy. He didn't want to show too much, mainly because a lot of people took pity to offense for some reason. Maybe that was a pride thing.

"But yes, I'm glad you want to go. I definitely would love to have you there," he said to her, smiling down at her, where she was now laying at the top of his chest. The move of his arm obviously caught her by surprise, because she shifted almost as soon as he moved, but it wasn't a pull away, but probably an attempt to make herself a little more comfortable. And when she did, all he did was chuckle. "Actually, I don't think memory has anything to do with your placing. You're obviously intelligent though...awesome too," he added, smiling. But the more he thought about what he just said, the more idiotic it started sounding.

"And I'm not going to lie, it was a little uncomfortable," he said, to her, before finishing his sentence, "But I could've managed," he added to it. This night may have started with the stressful action of telling her what he was, but he was starting to enjoy more, more, and more with each passing second. It was all because of her though...to be honest.

Arkendrai

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:22 am
x
x
x
x

User Image

x

Lexine found it rather strange that Iñigo hoped that she would get to spend more time with her parents. After all, most children their ages hate time around parents and family. Some kids may believe that Lexine's situation was amazing, however she guessed it meant a lot more to Iñigo than most others. She didn't want to simply make assumptions, but it made sense why Iñigo liked being around his. He had lost his mother, and because of it he would want to be closer to his parents. She wasn't going to say anything about that, however, it was simply something that popped into her mind while this conversation continued. She smiled gently, then shook her head a bit. "Trust me, I would love it if maybe my situation did get a bit better, but whatever. I mean, soon enough I won't even want to hang out around my family. It's simply a matter of time before I stop wishing I did..." Lexine said shrugging as much as she could considering her position against Iñigo.

Lexine then smiled.
                                                "I'd love to be there with you..." She then listened as Iñigo claimed she was intelligent, and apparently 'awesome'. Lexine smiled and rolled her eyes, trying her best not to chuckle at that last bit. "I believe that memory has quite a bit to do with intellect." She pointed out, looking up at Iñigo. "And, just because I may do well in classes, doesn't mean I'm smart. That simply means I understand how to take directions." She finished. Lexine always seemed to put herself down when talking about...well, just about anything. She never exactly liked pulling herself up, it tended to simply be something she did. Nothing she could change just yet... She didn't believe she was actually intelligent whatsoever, simply lucky that she landed in Ravenclaw house. "And, if anyone's awesome, it's you," Lexine smiled. Sure, it was silly, but why'd it matter? They were friends, after all.

"Well, why be uncomfortable?" Lexine asked, looking up at Iñigo. "After all, things aren't enjoyable if you're uncomfortable."

clothing x ooc :: - - -

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:22 am

Iñigo, whose thoughts were racing at the moment, kept his thoughts at bay long enough to hear the girl speak. He felt like he was saying all of the wrong things to be honest, but the past is the past. He couldn't take back what he said, no matter how idiotic it might have been. He really didn't know what else to say on the whole family subject. Iñigo and Lexine actually had very different lifestyles when it came to familial interactions. It almost surprised him, but he really honestly started to see what she was talking about when he remembered her visit to his home. She seemed constantly annoyed with her sister, no matter what she did. But then again, Iñigo might not understand that at all because he was an only child.

That's when they got on the subject of intelligence and she thought memory was linked with intelligence. "I mean, I've seen people who have god awful memory, but still might be the most intelligent people I've met. I don't think memory capacity is largely linked to intelligence, because I've seen the flip side of the coin too...where a person has great memory, but wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed," he said, laughing a bit. "It could be somewhat linked to it though," he finished, now going quiet. He didn't want to argue with her at all...which is why he did not push that subject any further. But then she decided to be down on herself again. She had to be her own worst enemy...all the time. She never took compliments at all and always argued them as if she didn't think she was intelligent...awesome...at all. But then again, she probably didn't think she was either of those two.

"You might not think you are intelligent now, but soon enough you will. I don't think the Sorting Hat takes in account just the personality, but also the potential. Now me...I personally think your smart, but that's just me," he said, hoping she would at least take his compliment instead of putting it down with more unconfident banter. "Of course, I'm awesome...I'm me...and of course, what I just said was a complete joke," he said to her, laughing, taking a couple seconds between pauses, just to give it more effect.

"Only thing exciting about me is the whole seer thing honestly," he said to her, shrugging his shoulders. "And I'm not uncomfortable now so I mean, we don't have to really worry about that."

Arkendrai

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:17 am
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

Wandering into the Ravenclaw common room, Lexine dropped her bag down then plopped down heavily onto the couch. Closing her eyes, she leaned her head back and let out a long groan; today had been surprisingly busy for her. She had to run back and forth between classes and study halls having Cursebreaking, Advanced Flying, Study of Ancient Runes, and then Ancient Studies. She'd just dragged herself out of Ancient Studies. She was lucky that she didn't have to lug all of her things too far, the Ancient Studies room was just upstairs. There just happened to be too much learning today, and Lexine was rather worn out by Flying as well, Quidditch always wore her out. Sure, not as much as a game would, but considering she hadn't really slept last night, her body was aching.

Sleep had stopped coming easily to her, she'd spends nights tossing and turning as she tried to calm her thoughts. Anxieties and paranoid thoughts filling her head and keeping her from rest. This time she'd fallen asleep at around 5 AM, a new record. Of course, she had to wake up two hours later to eat and get ready for classes, and those two hours didn't really help her much. Lexine started to notice some changes as she went days with little-to-no sleep. The skin below her eyes began to darken, giving the slight appearance of bags, and her eyelids drooped just a bit more than usual. She didn't know if anyone else had noticed these small things and hoped that no one did, but she saw them She didn't know if anyone else had noticed these small things and hoped that no one did, but she saw them and hated them.

She propped a few pillows up and leaned over on them, eyes still wide open.
                                                Maybe I'll get a few hours of sleep before dinner... She thought to herself, knowing that it wasn't going to happen. Either way, she leaned over on a few pillows and sat silently for a while before she got bored and snatched a book out of her bag and began reading.

uniform x ooc :: btw, the first parts are to just explain a little on why Lexine's been so jumpy I guess.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:11 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

Iñigo walked into the common room, pure boredom on his face, and worst of all, not a clue what he was to do before dinner. But as he walked in, he saw Lexine sitting and looking towards the fire, probably reading a book, but he couldn't tell from the angle he was looking. But he approached her silently, not realizing just how silent he was being. He didn't mean for it to be like that, but he did gently put his hands on her shoulder. "Hey Lexine," he said to her, a small smile on his face. He hoped she didn't take his presence by surprise, but he would roll with it either way.

"May I sit with you? Or are you busy?" he asked her, hoping she would say yes. This whole year, he started to think about Lexine more and more...even when he wasn't around her. In most times where his thoughts of would be fixated on the memory, were actually now fixated on her, and he didn't know why that was either. Was there something wrong with him for it? Was that not what he was supposed to be thinking about? Was he getting over his mother's death? He didn't know, but he would surely ask his family about it. Not his father, rather his Spanish side, which would give him an answer without forcing their will upon him.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

Arkendrai

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:43 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

It didn't take Lexine much time to begin to doze off as she sat there, trying her best to pay attention to what she was attempting to read. That wasn't working, however. Her eyes closed gently, book still in hand, if you just glanced at her it would've appeared that she was reading. Of course, these few moments didn't last long as she felt a hand on her shoulder. Immediately Lexine jumped in her seat, spinning around to see who was touching her, shrugging the hands away from her. A wave of relief fell over her, relaxing as she realised it was Iñigo. "Merlin's beard, Iñigo, don't do that!" She sighed, propping her head up with her hand again. "Nearly scared me to death..." Lexine's other hand reached up to her chest, placing a hand atop her heart, feeling it beat quickly under the skin. Closing her eyes for a minute and taking a deep breath, Lexine nodded as she looked up at him. "Yeah, you can. I'm not really doing much." Lexine mustered up, smiling over at her friend. Her hand dropped into her lap as she kicked off her boots and pulled her legs up beside her. "Sorry, I've...I've just been a bit jumpy today, I guess..." She shrugged. Lexine hadn't a doubt that it was from her lack of sleep, the circles around her eyes were enough proof of that. She silently prayed that the dim lighting of the common room hid the circles from Iñigo's sight; he worried far too much over her for whatever reason. She was rather flattered by it, but she knew that it was of little use, it simply put more on his plate, which Iñigo certainly didn't need.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:03 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

He gave her a wide smile when she had jumped and turned around, realizing that he had been a tad too sneaky about it, or she was asleep and he couldn't tell. It was still funny to say the least. "I'm sorry. Didn't know you were so in to that story. I said your name like five times and you didn't answer," he said, lying completely to see what she did, but he decided it wasn't best to lie to her like that. "I'm just kidding. I didn't say anything. Probably should have though," he said, taking a seat next to her and looking over at what she was reading. He had no idea what it was and he probably wouldn't ask about it either.

"Why are you so jumpy then?" he said to her, putting his bag down on the floor and taking a seat next to her. He looked over to her, but the darkness really clouded her face a bit. He did like what she looked like over the small illumination of the fire and the rays of the sunset which broke through the stain glass windows, causing there to be a slight variety of colors around the room. Truly a nice sight to behold. "Not to be nosy or anything." He chuckled at the thought of himself being nosy, hoping that he wasn't being that way.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

Arkendrai

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:37 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x

Rolling her eyes, Lexine shook her head. "Nooo, you didn't," She shifted a bit in her seat before She noticed how Iñigo held his gaze at her book for a moment. She looked down at the pages, strange symbols covering the pages, something she just barely understood. Lexine closed her book and showed him the cover. "'Ancient Runes Made Easy'. Not exactly the most interesting read, but I'm trying to figure out how to read these runes." Lexine sighed, looking down at her book and clasping her hands over it.

Lexine tried her best to stop herself from looking up at Iñigo when he asked why she was jumpy. Sure, it was stupid that she was so nervous to tell him anything about her issues with sleeping, but she felt terrible for making him worry. Either way, she wanted to tell someone, and Iñigo did care about her... Finally bringing herself to look up at him, Lexine frowned a bit. It didn't help all that much that her thoughts of him kept her up as she tried to figure out what exactly she was feeling.
                                                "Just sleep issues is all..." She answered as vaguely as possible, not really wanting to elaborate. She felt kinda weird about even attempting to talk about it. "Doesn't really matter, though..." She said a bit too quickly, trying to push the subject away.

She shifted a bit more so she was facing Iñigo and propped her head up with her arm.
                                                "Wanna play twenty questions?" She asked, smoothing her skirt over her legs, simply wanting to get off the topic of her sleeping patterns and anxieties. Sure, Iñigo didn't really get much information out of her about it, however she didn't care, she didn't want to think about it. "We switch back and fourth between answering and asking questions about ourselves? Something to do, isn't it?" She asked. She didn't think that the sudden change of topic would catch Iñigo off guard, after all he knew her for three years now and she did it all the time, of course it was extremely abrupt, a little more than her usual topic changes. She just wanted something to keep her mind off sleep and worries, she knew that Iñigo would help with that. She waited quietly for an answer, analysing his features in the light of the fire as it flickered in front of them. She let a small, genuine smile play at her lips as she searched his face, making sure to avoid his eyes. She'd noticed that every time she searched inside those pools of blue, she just got lost, and she had a feeling that she may never find her way out the more she looked at them. Mentally she slapped herself as she thought about it, not understanding the thought, nor wanting to really think about why she was feeling this way. She tried her best to avoid the thoughts, being that she was beginning to realise what exactly she was feeling.

uniform x ooc :: ugh, sorry for the jump. i don't know how to write ><

RedEagleEye007

Ravenclaw Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces