Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Boathouse Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:06 pm
User Image
User Image

ℐirst 𝒴ear ❶ ℳuggleborn ❶ 𝒰nsorted

Still in disbelief, Alex stood quietly, listening to the hum of conversation around him. He couldn't make out any specific words, he just heard white noise of people talking. His eyes wandered around, taking in the faces of the other first years. His eyes fell on Alex-the-girl and he smiled. He gave a little wave and almost gestured for her to join him, just as footsteps sounded from outside and an emerald-clad blonde man appeared. Alex's stomach churned when the man introduced himself as the deputy headmaster. He made a mental note to not get on the man's bad side, especially since he was also a professor- a professor of what, Alex wondered. Brewing potions? Casting spells? Flying around on broomsticks? The boy's creative imagination kicked in as he began to follow the professor up the stairs toward the looming castle. He kept his head down and his eyes open wide, taking in the sight as if it were his last chance to see it. Hopefully it wasn't. Something changed within the boy as he began to enjoy the new experience, embracing the open possibilities. Soon he would be sorted into one house or another, and then he would be eating delicious foods, but for now he was happy with just walking up the slope toward an unknown future.

❶ OOC: ❶
Exit to The Antechamber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:34 pm
I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -Kas's eyes widened.

Looking over at them, he bolted, sprinting off to join the swarm of first years gathering and following the professor. Reaching into his pocket, he curled his fingers around the vial, finger pressed against the stopper, ready to unpop it, the wax around it scraped off a long time ago. Trying to sufficiently blend in was difficult, Kas frowned, when one was pale, slightly dizzy and- - - he was certain- - - more than a bit drunk on something. That was how he felt, anyway.

By some chance, he did manage to take the brew, bringing the vial up to his lips and quickly drinking its contents down- - - hopefully before anyone else saw. Walking as he did so, the vial was slipped into his pocket. Tucking it safely in, he continued to walk along with his fellow peers, decidedly less miserable and altogether feeling much better now that he had taken it. Now he just had to wait for a bit before it began to work. Clenching and unclenching his hands, the redhead blew into them absently, as he followed along.

- - - exit to antechamber

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Piera Touko

Sukoshi Doku

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:40 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: school uniform in plain black

And sorting approaches.

David, realizing the others didn't need help out of the boat turned to Kas when the professor came calling them together. The students quickly gathered, Kas among them, getting out of their boats and heading to follow him. His eyes followed the auburn haired boy in the crowd and what looked to be a glint of glass that he took a deep swallow from. He frowned and his dark eyes narrowed in concern as he wondered if he saw what he had thought.

He looked for Catharine in the crowd, knowing her to be observant, hoping for some sort of confirmation and found her dark hair, olive skin, and met her silver eyes and raised a brow as if to say 'did you just see what I did'. He joined the others, concerned about his friend, Kas, and waited for a response from Catharine. He figured he could meet up with her in the antechamber or even after the sorting if all else failed.

StudiousDemoness
Greycast
Sukoshi Doku
Piera Touko

{Next post is the antechamber}  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:50 pm
User Image

Catharine had little trouble extricating herself from her boat. Once her companions had gotten out, she had followed at a slower pace. She was eager to get inside, the trip over had been chilly and without a friendly cloak she had ended up huddled in her corner of the boat. Sighing, she moved her hands along the sleeves of her robe trying to rub herself warm. Then she remember Kas's advice.

She instead focused on her chest. Placing her hands between her elbows and her rib cage. Done she risked take a look around for Kas and David. They were the only ones she felt comfortable with. Glancing around she spotted Kas, first. He was ahead, already with the mass of others. He seemed tense and his hands were doing something in the pocket of his robe. Watching, she saw him pull out a some sort of glass things...possible a vial of something and then quickly bring it up to his face. Her eyes widen and she froze.

Had that just been a trick of the light? Or maybe? Maybe he had taken something, she thought and then glanced around for David. She had to know if he had noticed or maybe if Kas had said something to him when she gotten out. She couldn't believe that Kas would do anything to get in trouble so soon, but others might have seen or worst make assumptions. Looking she spotted David and their eyes met, his carrying the same question as her own. She gave a brief nod of confirmation since she was too far away from both of them. They'd just have to have a talk, hopefully before the sorting. Which suddenly didn't quite as interesting or worrisome.

[{exit to antechamber}]

mc2
Little Grey Sparrows

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200

Delete-Now-I-Quit

Tipsy Autobiographer

4,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:01 pm
╔══════════════╗
◀◁Ӎαχɨлϵ Ңɑɖʅϵɣ ϢɑʅҜϵɾ▶▷
╚══════════════╝
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I Hit the Ground Running
◆Didn't Make Sense
Not to Live for Fun
▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿
Anxiously Maxine waited, along with the other first years, in the boathouse, hoping to depart soon, to be sorted soon. While the strange confidence she had gained on the ride over was still there, it wasn't true to say she wasn't just as nervous. Quite frankly she was getting tired of the extreme fluctuation in her emotions. It was to be expected, she supposed, but it didn't make her any less aggravated.

When the Headmaster she stood up a bit straighter, listening attentively to what he was saying. When he finished, she started pushing herself forward, trailing behind the group. Her eyes never left the castle on the way there.

▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵
And All that Glitters is Gold
Only Shooting Stars ◆
Break the Mold

House: Unsorted Year: 1st Blood Status:Muggle Born

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:15 pm
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————υиѕσятє∂
    ————————♡ ♡you're rightнαℓf-вℓσσ∂
    User Image
    .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

oooPiera spent most of the journey on the lake looking around at the inky water as the moon shone on its surface. She knew that it must be freezing now but perhaps during the daytime or when it warmed up a bit more, it would be okay to swim in.

But soon her focus was drawn upward as she heard a few gasps of wonder from other boats and she too gasped in astonishment upon seeing the castle before her. It seemed like every window was lit and the place looked huge! She'd never even seen a real castle in person...unless the one in Disneyland counted. It was just so...magical! By this point, the pigtailed girl was grinning from ear to ear and fidgeting in excitement.

When their boats finally docked and David offered help to people getting out of their boat, she hesitated before carefully standing and taking him up on his offer. She had no wish to take a swim yet after all.
                          "Thank you." She said as she was helped up onto the dock. By now, all the others were buzzing with excitement and conversation, though they quieted when a blonde man rose his voice and introduced himself as Professor Lukas Brighton, the Deputy Headmaster. It made Piera wonder if that was like a Vice Principal. The young witch hurriedly, pausing only to glance behind her at David and Kas to make sure that they were coming.

σut σf crαck?!ooCastle~

ωhεɾε Black Lake shore. ooooo ωσи∂єяιиg I wonder if there's a preferred house. ooooo ωเtђ First Year Group.

StudiousDemoness

mc2

Sukoshi Doku

Greycast

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
    • Forum Regular 100
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Friendly 100

kiska166
    Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:49 pm
    User Image
    User Image

Alexandria practically jumped off the boat when it docked. More waiting? she thought, becoming more and more annoyed. Looking around at the students, she noticed one blonde girl who looked as though she had been crying. Her eyes locked onto her for a moment before scanning the others. A dark haired boy seemed extremely excited. Alex would be lying if she said she wasn't excited, but there was no way she would show her energetic, overly excited self to the world. The girl knew how to keep her composure. Next to him was another blonde girl who also seemed to like to talk a lot. Just like Jason, she thought, making a connection between the two. Idly, she wondered if they would be in the same house. Alexandria didn't have any time to study the other students since another professor arrived and gave the students an instruction to follow him. The girl followed close behind Alexander as they made their way towards the Antechamber.

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: Next post at the Antechamber))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:55 pm
    I tried to be p.e.r.f.e.c.t
    But nothing was worth it
    I don't believe it makes me
    real
    I thought it'd be easy
    But no one believes me
    I meant all the things I said
    This place is so empty
    My thoughts are so tempting
    I don't know how it got so
    bad
    Sometimes it's so crazy
    But
    nothing can save me
    But it's the only thing that I have

User Image

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
    𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
    Sixth Year Vice-Captain, 𝔅eater

Dominic sighed; he was slumped underneath a stray tree in the middle of Hogwarts grounds. It’s branches stretched wide and far and provided shade from the harsh sun up above, even if the chilling breeze stirred because of how quickly winter was dawning. He would have much rather been at the quidditch field, practicing, but he couldn’t, not with a bloody broken arm. Well, it wasn’t so much broken as it’d shattered from his fall during the festival, and his brother had tried to heal it because he swore up and down by his extensive knowledge as a nerd that he’d read all of mothers books. And that, ‘he’d get it right the first time for sure.’ Well, no, because his mother was forced to give him skele-grow and now he had to wait it out for the painful endeavor to ensue. For now, his arm felt like rubber and it itched and burned, that’s why his mother had set it in a cast, to keep him from scratching at his arms like a heathen and end up ripping the flesh off (he’d done it as a child once, his mother never let him forget that.) So when he sighed, it was miserably so, and it was loudly done.

Damien was with Marina, go figure (or so he supposed anyway.) Other than that, he really hadn’t much else to do with himself during the days. Grace was likely asleep, and there was nothing he could do to try and sneak in the Ravenclaw dorms no matter how hard he tried. Pft, a riddle? Might as well lock and chain the door, melt it shut, and barricade it with a dragon! He was never getting in there! Even if he could steal a pair of Ravenclaw robes because it would never occur to him that he might possibly be able to enchant his own robes with the colour change charm, never. He had a book out and open in front of him and he stared down at it lazily, wishing the words would disappear, or better yet, jump and dance on the page for him, or maybe turn into a picture of a quidditch game.

╔═══════════════════╗
    Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 163lbs ☣ Age: 16
    Among the Boathouse Grounds
    Daydreaming under a tree
    ╚═══════════════════╝

I tried to be perfect it just wasn't worth it…............ ............. ................... ...................... .................................... ........... ........
    Nothing could ever be so wrong…............... ................... ..............
    It's hard to believe me, it never gets easy
    …...................... ............... .................... ................ ....I guess I knew that all along
    ................................................... ....... .... .............. .............................................…That I’m better off on my own

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja
    Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
    • Dramatic Shipping 25
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Tipsy 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:18 pm
    User Image
    Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
    CURRENTLY // Looking Autumnal at the Boathousespace
    CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Chrisspaces
    CURRENTLY WITH // Dominicspacesp
    CURRENTLY FEELING // Surprisedspacespa
    CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, wow, way to go, genius...' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ "Is this the last of our haunting?"
    She says as she floats like an angel.
    ❀ ❀ ❀
    ═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Adalaide watched from her perch up in the branches when a dark-headed Slytherin came to sit below her. She giggled a bit. Apparently, the leaves were still thick enough that he hadn't seen her up here. Although, really, who bothered to look up for people hiding in trees? She wasn't really hiding, of course, she just liked sitting in trees. It wasn't weird... at least, that's what she told herself. She smiled, shifting on the branch so that her legs were on the same side, and dropped, so that she was hanging from it, her head a few feet above the boy, just in front of him. "Hey Dami- oh! Dominic! Sorry!" She flushed a bit, although given that she was presently upside-down and her face was flushing from the blood rushing to it, chances were it would go unnoticed. She smiled at Dominic, a bit flustered. "Sorry! All I saw was a head of dark hair and Slytherin robes." She pulled herself up so that her hands caught the branch, then rolled so that she was under it, hanging by her hands, and dropped gently in front of him. She turned, smiling as she brushed a few leaves from her clothes. "Ouch! What happened to your arm?" she asked, her eyes going wide as she caught sight of the sling. There hadn't been a Quidditch game yet, so what on Earth had he done to himself?

❀ ❀ ❀ You will never know until you let me go;
                                                            I'm hoping this will never end.
                                                            ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:42 pm
    But nothing was worth it
    real
    I thought it'd be easy
    But no one believes me
    This place is so empty
    bad
    Sometimes it's so crazy
    But
    nothing can save me

User Image

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
    𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡

The softest, barest hum began to drift past his lips as his vision glazed over with a glossy sheen and he drifted to a world far, far away from here. Thoughts travelled to candy cane trees and streams of chocolate, Merlin, he was hungry. He blinked and glanced around, all of his belonging were strewn along in the grass beside him and after tossing his book around, he finally found his pack of sugar quills. He cracked it open and popped the strawberry quill in his mouth and then Adalaide swung down from a tree and greeted him. ”AAH!” He screamed, loud and blunt, strawberry quill fallen to his lap and eyes wide with surprise and with the smallest flicker of fear. He jumped and reached for his wand, but amidst all of the mess, his fingers accidentally grabbed a blue sugar quill and flung it forward like in his haste. ”Flipendo!” Dominic shouted, and when he realized it hadn’t worked, he finally realized who it was that had fallen in front of him. ”Ada?” He blinked, that’s when he looked down and realized what he was holding: a sugar quill.

”Well son of, no wonder that didn’t work. Dammit, Ada! What the hell! I could’a clobbered you or somethin, mate! Merlin!” He tossed a heavy sigh with relief, his casted hand over his heart to calm it down somehow (or whatever other reason the blasted impulse to do so came from.) And then chomped on the blueberry quill to calm him down, they are delicious, after all.

A second later, he paused and tossed a curious glance at Ada, his features twisted up into a bemused smile as he tried to ignore the flush of embarrassment from his charade and tried his damndest to just, ignore it.”Oh, this?” He shook his head, trying not to roll his eyes at the thought of his brother, Gabriel. ”My brother had the bright idea to try and heal me after I fell off my broom,” he paused, deciding the deeper details were unnecessary to revel in, if anything, he’d learned to compartmentalize all those horrible events and lock them away. How else could he stay so sane? Maybe that was why he panicked? ”Mum had to use skelegrow, and she wanted to make sure it set right, and…. Yeaaahhh…” Dominic paused again, deciding that, no, maybe he shouldn’t share that precious childhood memory that explained his cast.

”And anyway, what the hell are you doing up in the tree? I mean…. You nearly gave me a heart attack! Is that what this is? A ploy to get me off the quidditch team for the season, huh, Blythe? I thought you were better than that,” he smirked, obviously teasing her. It wasn’t as if he’d ever believe that she, of all people, would do that.

╔═══════════════════╗
    Sugar Quilled, and armed
    ╚═══════════════════╝

I tried to be perfect it just wasn't worth it…............ ............. ................... ...................... .................................... ........... ........
    Nothing could ever be so wrong…............... ................... ..............
    …...................... ............... .................... ................ ....I guess I knew that all along
    ................................................... ....... .... .............. .............................................…That I’m better off on my own

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja
    Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
    • Dramatic Shipping 25
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Tipsy 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:13 pm
    User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

Adalaide burst out laughing when she realized that Dominic was brandishing a sugar quill at her. She supposed it was a good thing that he apparently didn't do wandless magic, or she'd have been flying back and likely would have crashed into another tree. She clamped a hand over her mouth to try and douse the laughter, but it took a second. "Well, I thought you were Damien! He's not so quick on the draw as you are!" She giggled a bit. ''Sides, I don't typically consider myself all that frightening. Melin, Dominic, I'm not even five feet tall!" She laughed at him, dropping down to sit cross-legged in front of him. Not that her height meant she wasn't a threat to another person, should she want to be, but people typically assumed as much. Small, tiny Hufflepuff apparently equated to defenseless in most people's eyes.

When he told her about falling off his broom, her brows knit in confusion. His mum was a school nurse, after all.
                                                            "Why on Earth did your brother try and heal it in the first place? I mean, normally I'd understand, but.. well, it's sort of your mum's job. Literally." Ada couldn't imagine letting someone so inexperienced heal her, even if it was her brother... especially if her mum was trained to do it. She wondered how Dom's brother had talked him into it.

When he accused her of trying to take him out, her expression became distressed, and her hands came up, waving erratically.
                                                            "What? No, no, I would never-" Then, the look on his face registered, and she realized he was joking. She stopped, and flushed. "Oh. Right. Well, I mean, I'd hardly have a reason to, if you're going to fall of your own broom." She laughed. She couldn't imagine falling off of her broom. Hitting the ground had to hurt... probably more than getting hit with a bludger, even. She couldn't say for sure, though. She'd taken to flying like a bird. Although, sometimes even birds fell, she supposed.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:02 pm
    But nothing was worth it
    real
    I thought it'd be easy
    But no one believes me
    This place is so empty
    bad
    Sometimes it's so crazy
    But
    nothing can save me

User Image

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
    𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡

Exasperated, he rolled his eyes as she trolled through her laughter, and it was hard enough to fight that grin that was begging to be shown, and his own laughter that tickled at his lips until it finally slipped through (just a little bit.) Sheepishly, he squirmed in place, shifting his weight from one side to the next and curling his legs under him to try and get comfortable, or at least feel a little normal. But it was hard, his flesh was hot, and he could feel the burn in his cheeks as the blood surged and swelled his face with a cherry red color. ”Not-so-quick-on-the-draw-see-if-I-don’t-bludgeon-your-face—“ Dominic mumbled under his breath, scratching the back of his head all so very awkwardly as he tried to get used to the idea of this “humility.” It wasn’t something he was fond of.

”Five feet tall or not, you shouldn’t go sneaking up on people, tch, and especially if you thought I was Damien. He probably would’ve actually tried something, and get it right, too,” he mentioned with the shake of his head. His friend had become too paranoid lately, he’d noticed it but he turned a blind eye to it all last year. However, that quickly became an impossible feat considering the mayhem of the very first night back, and the portrait that was there to mock them. ”And anyway, you just count your lucky stars it was a quill, pssshhhh, or you woulda been done for.” He smirked triumphantly, but in reality, he didn’t want Ada to call him out on his earlier statement. If anyone would’ve noticed the oddity in his words, it would have been her, because they both knew Damien wasn’t exactly the type to ‘shoot first, and ask questions later’, but, that probably won’t last too much longer, with the way things were going.

He shrugged and snatched up his lost strawberry sugar quill, and popped it in his mouth to finish chewing it after he blew on it, to get rid of any dust or lint. It didn’t fall on the dirt! Just his pants! That doesn’t count as dirty… right?

”…..hrmm…. well,” Dominic shrugged, when he glanced back down at his cast, her impending stare made it hard to try and ignore her earlier questions. ”I couldn’t find her, it was just Gabriel…. It was at the Fall Festival, so… things were kinda… hectic.” He explained slowly, but could she blame him? It wasn’t easy starting to think that the castle, and everyone who step foot in it, was cursed in some way or another. And as much as he’d have initially wanted to retort against her ridicule, he didn’t have the heart. What did it matter, anyway? Quidditch was just a game; at least it was for everyone else. It was his life, it’s his dream, but it paled in comparison to the realities of the world. Something else sinister was brewing, someone is out to get his friends, and another someone’s tried to attack the school once, and who’s to say it won’t happen again? And again? "Y'know, you sure do ask a lot of questions for someone who totally almost coulda just been cursed to rubbish," he smirked again. Well-! Dominic had to try and reinsert his dominance somehow!

╔═══════════════════╗
    Sugar Quilled, and armed
    ╚═══════════════════╝

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja
    Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
    • Dramatic Shipping 25
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Tipsy 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:21 pm
    User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

Adalaide didn't quite catch whatever it was Dom had mumbled under his breath, but she supposed it didn't really matter. When he mentioned Damien 'trying something,' she blinked. There was something in Dom's eyes... Typically Damien was really calm, and wouldn't have even dreamed of just brandishing his wand at someone. But lately... "You noticed it, too? Damien, I mean? He's not... not himself lately. All edgy. It's freaking me out, actually." It wasn't a big change, but Ada knew Damien well, and she'd spotted it immediately. A light in his eyes, a strange sense of paranoia. She had no idea what was going on, and he wasn't telling. Then again, there were things she wasn't telling him, so she supposed they were even. And she wasn't nosy, anyway. She sighed. Him telling her to be grateful he's tried to curse her with a sugar quill made her chuckle, though. "Yeah, no kidding. By the way, you gonna share or not? You're being awfully rude," she teased. Or, half-teased. She did sort of want one. After all, they were candy, and she had a sweet tooth.

Dominic's mention of the Festival made her wince. Ada'd heard what had happened. How could she not have? She just thanked her lucky stars that she'd gotten out before everything had happened. She and Chris had been off a ways, in a restaurant, having a perfectly lovely dinner. It'd been an actual, honest-to-God date, and no one had died! Except people had, at the festival.
                                                            "I... I wasn't there. Chris and I cut out early. I'm glad we did. After the Masquerade and all... I don't think I could've handled it. I heard it was awful..." Ada sighed. She was just glad she and Chris had left. Partially because she didn't want to watch people dying, but mostly because she didn't want Chris to have to both protect her and not chow down on some poor bleeding person. Not that she thought he would ever lose control and do it, but still. Just because she had faith in his powers of self-control didn't mean that she wanted him to be forced to test his limits.

That thought made her eyebrows shoot up. She gave Dom a concerned look.
                                                            "Were you there with Gracie? Did she... was she alright?" Ada hadn't even thought of that, but she was pretty sure Gracie had gone to the festival, too. How had the girl fared? She tried to remember if Chris was older or younger than the Ravenclaw, but couldn't recall. But, she didn't want to outright ask Dominic if Gracie had struggled with the scent of blood. She knew that they both knew, of course, but one never knew when there were people listening who didn't need to be. She didn't want it to be her fault if the rumors of Grace's vampirism were confirmed. When Dom teased her about asking questions, she stuck her tongue out like a child. She could ask questions if she wanted to. And besides... he'd epically failed at cursing her.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:23 pm
    And I feel something so wrong
    By doing the right thing
    I could lie, could lie, could lie
    Everything that
    kills me makes me feel alive
    Lately I been, I been losing sleep
    Dreaming about the things that we could be
    But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard

We’ll be counting
    We'll be counting stars

User Image

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
    𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡

Dominic seemed taken aback, not from surprise, but hesitance. ”I dunno,” he shrugged. Vibrant blues held her gaze, if only for the moment, just to look back down at the mess he’d made. Calloused fingers tousled through leaflets of parchment scattered, some scribbled with unfinished notes and others painted black from the hurried sketches strewn about the pages, several more packets of sugar quills crinkled in their plastic as he moved through them; he didn’t know what he was looking for, other than an excuse, to not have to answer her question. He never was a good liar, not with things like these, the simple, elementary, ‘I’m sigh,’ and cough cough was simple, even the pointless white lies for chuckles and giggles, but not important things like these… He was only lucky he didn’t start bursting into random laughter, a bad habit he’d had as a child to avoid sticky situations (like that time at the church, which definitely didn’t bode over well with the priest.) He blinked; her expectant stare and fleeting last words had only barely registered in his mind. ”Huh? Oh, yeah, sure,” he was surprised as he tossed over a unopened pack to her, he could admit that. It wasn’t very often he had people actually say something as bluntly as that to his face—unless it was Grace—but his girlfriend didn’t count, did she? She could say whatever she wanted, and he would never protest it.

His eyes only darted back up once the mention of the festival struck the air with a bitter discord. ”You were the lucky ones then…” He mused quietly, eyes darting to the far left where the reflection of the sun bounced off the lakes choppy waters. Death, he hated to even hear the word. He lost a puppy as a child, and couldn’t understand why, and even now, more than ten years later, he still can’t bear to understand it. Adalaide’s own hesitance had his attention gyrate back towards her. ”She…” He blinked. Did she know? Did everyone know? The rumors were hard to ignore, from the mouth of babes to the jest of the portrait in conversation with the suit of armor—it was everywhere. ”She was there…” Dominic nodded. ”…And she was fine.” But he hadn’t been.

He contented himself in silence as he chewed on his quill, crushing the sugary sweet in his teeth. She had stuck out her tongue, and he narrowed his eyes pointedly in theatrics. If she was going to be stubborn, so could he! And that’s he cocked his head to the side and raised a curious brow on his forehead. ”Wait a minute…. Who’s Chris? Is that the person everyone says you’ve been sneaking off to go see after hours?” His small smile burst into a huge grin. ”It is, isn’t it? Awww, c’mon, you can tell me Blythe!”

╔═══════════════════╗
    Sugar Quilled, and armed
    ╚═══════════════════╝

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja
    Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
    • Dramatic Shipping 25
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Tipsy 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:06 pm
    User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

Adalaide's eyes narrowed at Dom's evasiveness, but she kept quiet. The only reason not to share would be that he was sworn to secrecy, which she could respect... Damien, however, would be telling her. It might not be Dom's secret to tell, but it was most certainly his. And she had a right to know what was going on with him. She took the pack of sugar quills, blowing the thoughts of Damien off and smiling. She rummaged around for a second, until she found a strawberry-flavored quill, and handed the pack back to him. "I'd say I was only teasing, bit it'd be a lie. I just ate the last of the chocolate frogs dad sent me and my sweet tooth is being impatient." She smirked playfully.

The Hufflepuff let out a sigh of relief when he said that Gracie was alright, but she couldn't help but notice that Dominic didn't look like he was. She could relate; she'd gotten out of the Masquerade last term without a scratch, and she'd still fainted on Chris once they were reasonably safe. It just... freaked her out. To think that there were people... of course, at the Festival, it'd been vampires, or so she'd heard. Which only made her more happy that Chris and she had left before it started. He was barely coming off of thinking he was some sort of monster, he didn't need an excuse to draw parallels between himself and a real one.
                                                            "I'm glad she was alright... are you?" It was a simple question, nosy, perhaps, but Adalaide felt like it needed to be asked. People so rarely bothered to ask... it was all about the physical wounds, never the emotional. No one ever came up to someone who'd suffered through an event like this and asked 'how do you feel?' And even fewer people bothered to ask the guys... which was sad. And stupid.

She blinked when he asked who Chris was. Really, he hadn't heard? She knew that the rumor mill had pretty much stopped at their late-night meeting (which had happened TWICE, not the dozens that the rumors seemed to imply), but Dominic, while not her fried per say (this was, after all, the first time they'd spoken in... ever, possibly), was certainly in her social circles. She'd told both Damien and Marina at the train station about Chris. And Dom was dating Grace, who Chris considered a sister. Did Dominic really not know? She flushed.
                                                            "Yes, he's the person everyone says I've been sneaking off to go see. And I only did it once if you don't count the time I was still on school grounds. Twice if you do... Well, and the night we met, but that doesn't count. I just fell asleep. And I wouldn't have to sneak out after hours to see him but I mean I would like to get to see him sometimes and he's basically dead during the day so-" She froze. Dammit, had she really just said that? Wonderful. Chris was going to kill her... or maybe not? Dominic was dating Grace, after all. She cursed under her breath. As if she needed more rumors about her not-so-secret boyfriend. She glared at Dominic. It wasn't his fault, really it wasn't, but...dammit! She'd been having a perfectly normal conversation for once and then she went and did that? Really? She considered trying to lie and say he had to work late at night and early morning hours and slept during the afternoon and early evening, but given how horribly it'd gone last time she'd lied about Chris, she thought it might be best to just swear Dom to secrecy. "I did not just say that, you got it? You didn't hear it. Did not happen." She sucked on the end of her sugar quill, attempting to stare the Slytherin down and look menacing... but she was fairly certain she was just coming off as a petulant child. Ah, well. At least Dom wasn't the sort to spread rumors... at least, not anymore.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff
    Gaia's Games
    Mini-Games