Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
The AFG Official Monthly Collectible's Thread! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 108 109 110 111 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:09 pm

LilKitty115
FogSage
What I want to know is why Sealeds are being sold so at so high a price, when their contents are always sold 6-8k cheaper? It's the same thing! There is no inherent difference between a donation item and a donation letter, besides the fact that the letter CONTAINS said donation item. Is it merely because the letters are sealed that they're so valuable? If so, why? What makes sealed's so expensive?
It's the novelty of picking what you want rather than buying the item from someone else. That's my logic.

Well, that's logic for letters, not for sealeds. Once they become unsealed, the price of both letter and items go down. Sealeds are always around 16k, and then they drop once opened. WHY?!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:35 pm

FogSage
LilKitty115
FogSage
What I want to know is why Sealeds are being sold so at so high a price, when their contents are always sold 6-8k cheaper? It's the same thing! There is no inherent difference between a donation item and a donation letter, besides the fact that the letter CONTAINS said donation item. Is it merely because the letters are sealed that they're so valuable? If so, why? What makes sealed's so expensive?
It's the novelty of picking what you want rather than buying the item from someone else. That's my logic.

Well, that's logic for letters, not for sealeds. Once they become unsealed, the price of both letter and items go down. Sealeds are always around 16k, and then they drop once opened. WHY?!
My theory is that people like the element of surprise: The don't know what they're getting in a Sealed yet. But once it's revealed, a lot of people may or may not decide that they like them, and then try to get rid of them. With so many to get rid of, prices drop. It's like a clearance sale. XD

Manda_Tifa

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:57 pm

Manda_Tifa
FogSage
Sealeds are always around 16k, and then they drop once opened. WHY?!

My theory is that people like the element of surprise: The don't know what they're getting in a Sealed yet. But once it's revealed, a lot of people may or may not decide that they like them, and then try to get rid of them. With so many to get rid of, prices drop. It's like a clearance sale. XD

Makes sense to me. whee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:45 pm

Manda_Tifa

That is basically what I wanted to say cause that is pretty much the reason why, I just couldn't really put it to words. xd

Selene Aries

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Diana Vulpes
Manda_Tifa

That is basically what I wanted to say cause that is pretty much the reason why, I just couldn't really put it to words. xd
Fear my power over the English language!!! domokun

4laugh
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:38 am

Manda_Tifa
Diana Vulpes
Manda_Tifa

Fear my power over the English language!!! domokun

4laugh

*phears* eek

It seems to me that whenever the letters open, the drop in price is immediate. Even with popular items it's the same way. I remember when the Coco came out.....they were being sold for 8-11k almost immediately after the letters opened.

FogSage

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:54 am

FogSage

*phears* eek

It seems to me that whenever the letters open, the drop in price is immediate. Even with popular items it's the same way. I remember when the Coco came out.....they were being sold for 8-11k almost immediately after the letters opened.

But its price went back up pretty fast.

It really does boil down to supply and demand, it always does. There are simply more people selling letters and the individual collectables after they become usealed. With the market temperally flooded like that the prices go down.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:48 am

Prices probably drop after revealing what's in the letter because a lot of people like me wait until it's opened to buy them. And since we now have half a month as opposed to a week more people can buy outright with USD, which leaves those selling for gold in a rut since people are buying their own with cash...so the prices drop. Once the month is over, the chance is gone, and they can climb again.

Manda_Tifa

FogSage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:13 pm

Hints for the new items.

* What's the best possible thing a person can get on Valentine's Day? (Hey! Keep your mind out of the gutter!)

* What's a verb that could describe the act of eating a dozen cheeseburgers in a single sitting? (Don't worry... this one has nothing to do with Valentine's Day.)

* What do Beck, Suede, the Grateful Dead and Crosby Stills & Nash have in common (aside from the obvious)?

* What's something that's all around you, even though you usually think of it as being above you?

* What kind of a person is so cool that even Vanilla Ice couldn't diminish their awesomeness?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:17 pm

1. Too broad a question to give a good answer to. Could be anything.....probably has something to do with love.....

2. Gluttonous? (Fog, you idiot, that's an ADJECTIVE, not a VERB.)

3. No idea.

4. Air, the sky? I don't know.....

5. A person with headphones to block out his hideous music?

FogSage

LilKitty115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:43 pm

Tricky questions indeed.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:16 pm

I was thinking engagement ring for the first one, or perhaps love in general...

Eddily

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:22 pm

Squee, I'm so hopeful that maybe number two points to another scarf. You know, scarf down the food. whee
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:27 pm

Krissim Klaw
Squee, I'm so hopeful that maybe number two points to another scarf. You know, scarf down the food. whee

Could well be. What the hell was I thinking? Gluttonous is an adjective, not a verb. *slaps forehead* rolleyes

FogSage

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:36 pm

I hate hints...I was never good with crosswords..... sweatdrop
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 108 109 110 111 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games