Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:03 pm
Cale Darksun
Ah. Whats below privates then?

Nothing. The bottom o' the barrel.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:06 pm
Recruit... grunt...

Then private, corporal, seargent (depending on how far up you want to go...)  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:18 pm
*Is back*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:30 pm
Imperial Sergant Alcon
Company D
2nd squad

Requesting Endor be burnt to the ground because those damn ewoks made us look like fools.  

Lord-Alcon

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:43 pm
Er...okay?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:55 pm
Given the upcoming battle of Abregado-Rae, I suggest we make use of this underused forum for further discussion of tactical planning, battle layout and RP Development inregards to said engagement.

This frees up the RPG Help desk for people who actually have questions about the RP not pertaining to the Art of War.  

Sol Walker
Crew

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:42 pm
Hmmm...anyone have any suggestions as to how I mount my defense?

My current plan involves a great deal of slowing the Imperial Advance...what are the rest of your guys' suggestions...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:47 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
Hmmm...anyone have any suggestions as to how I mount my defense?

My current plan involves a great deal of slowing the Imperial Advance...what are the rest of your guys' suggestions...

Synchronize your plan with your design.

Your plan is to slow our advance while you retreat. If it wasn't already established, I'd suggest making a base that is built for such a duty.

However, since that's too late, my suggestion is hope to hell that the ground forces coming in are blocked by significant forces. Since the trenches don't provide any decent defense against the ground assault, you're going to have to rely on tunnel warfare; but more specifically, knowing where to divert troops. You can't blow every tunnel in the mountain. Otherwise you risk killing yourself.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:48 pm
Slow how?
Its hard slowing an Imperial Advance. Just ask the Rebels. (Oh wait...they're all dead.)
If theres anything that the Imps are good at, its engaging an enemy.
Most likely they will establish Orbital and air superiority, forcing you to keep your shield up so they can deploy ground forces.
They wil probably move inside your shield perimeter with walkers and treaded carriers, then deploy repulsortanks and Predators under the shield to swat down any airspeeders you deploy to engage their march to your base.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:53 pm
Well they have to march for a long distance in the valley without any way out, under the Artillery of my base... I have all manner of unpleasant traps prepared

The Trenches are way the hell up there heightwase, at least the ones on the valley walls...they are cut into the mountain sides along the valley.

The only trenches you could effectively get int are the ones outside the base, and you have to get to those under a shitload of overlapping fire...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:58 pm
You're under the assumption that they will actually fight the battle according to your rules.
Thats a dangerous assesment.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:59 pm
I love that aspect: you think artillery are meant to slow down the imps.

Its nice to know that you're going to have to scuttle your defenses the first sign of an enemy getting close. You invested so much time, effort, and resources building this fortress of solitude, that you're just going to have to abandon and blow up.

Artillery... that still cracks me up. I find that with at least 2 force masters, air support, artillery, and forifications, you thought that it could still evacuate.

Let's see here, I wonder how stellar is going to attack this. Perhaps one force from one direction, another approaching from the opposite side.. Not including the third direction you could assault this place.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:01 pm
The only other direction than from Down the Valley is the air, which is made likely impossible by the preponderance of AA turrets dotting the base...

The only other way in is from the valley...you can't do a ground movement from anywhere in any timely fashion...

And I have Artillery, As well as the Turrets Cale designed...(There are a lot o those)

But yes, there is only one real direction you can assault from...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:04 pm
Theres always another direction.
No battleplan is foolproof.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:05 pm
Last time i checked, there's more than one side to a mountain. Especially since you're in a mountain range, you dont' expect them to attack only the front side of the mountain and let all that back side exposed, now do you?

Both sides of your mountain will be attacked, with focus more on one side.

This isn't empire at war, where there are map boundaries and you're stuck in the corner of the map. If anything, you've got more of a job defending because muliple sides will catch bombardment.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games