Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:04 pm
We have gopher snakes, ring necked snakes, king snakes and rattlers. Used to have more, but now that the houses have been built behind us, we don't get many rattlers anymore or kingsnakes. I find the ring-necked and gopher snakes are still around.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Just thought I would update on how I am doing. 3nodding

My stomach pain has definently lessened, and I feel much stronger and I am no longer bleeding. I actualy took a mini vacation from all my worries (my boyfriend definently help me with it by getting me a book called the tao of pooh and the te of piglet), and started to eat better.  

Otterish

Shinigami Whistle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:05 pm
Ah, I'm really excited. The weekend I go home next month to visit my family and go to the dentist and eye doctor, my mother and I are also planing to go to this since one of the locations isn't that far from where she lives. Ah, I'm so excited, they look amazingly awsome <3 <3 <3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:17 pm
Shinigami Whistle
Ah, I'm really excited. The weekend I go home next month to visit my family and go to the dentist and eye doctor, my mother and I are also planing to go to this since one of the locations isn't that far from where she lives. Ah, I'm so excited, they look amazingly awsome <3 <3 <3
*shivers* Not for me, thanks.....I was never a fan of horror movies...... sweatdrop  

Manda_Tifa

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:45 pm
Really, only 10% of snakes are venomous. thats hardly any. The only press on snakes is bad press. So, alot of people fear them. I hate that, really, and no one should fear snakes, they should RESPECT them. Sigh. :/  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:27 am
UglyCoyoteNG
Then I went to go look in on Anry. e_e and I am terribly sad. I am dissapointed in myself for beliving it would be this easy, and dissapointed that it isn't that easy. The reason he wouldn't feed? The reason he was so docile? He was shedding. while removing the shed from his cage he struck at me several times. e_e

Awe sorry to hear that. Maybe he will re-calm down a bit in a few days. Perhaps he is just stressed because he did just finish shedding. I hope things turn out all right between you two. =(  

Krissim Klaw

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:27 am
Krissim Klaw
UglyCoyoteNG
Then I went to go look in on Anry. e_e and I am terribly sad. I am dissapointed in myself for beliving it would be this easy, and dissapointed that it isn't that easy. The reason he wouldn't feed? The reason he was so docile? He was shedding. while removing the shed from his cage he struck at me several times. e_e

Awe sorry to hear that. Maybe he will re-calm down a bit in a few days. Perhaps he is just stressed because he did just finish shedding. I hope things turn out all right between you two. =(
XD I misted him a few hours ago, he struck at me several times and if I had a layer more of skin he would have gotten me. I can't blame him; its his nature. Man, ow. this is going to hurt, and he's not going to do it just once. crying I know the nature of these snakes; bite. If that dosen't work, bite harder and hang on longer. >>;;  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:43 am
UglyCoyoteNG
Krissim Klaw
UglyCoyoteNG

XD I misted him a few hours ago, he struck at me several times and if I had a layer more of skin he would have gotten me. I can't blame him; its his nature. Man, ow. this is going to hurt, and he's not going to do it just once. crying I know the nature of these snakes; bite. If that dosen't work, bite harder and hang on longer. >>;;

But if I understand correctly, most venomous snakes have to "chew" their victim to get the venom in, correct? So if he bites at you and actually does puncture the skin, the wound would be pretty clean cut, right? Since he doesn't have venom, he won't have large fangs, am I correct?

This is getting weird....I'm actually remembering parts of my high-school zoology class........oO"  

FogSage

Darien_Thread

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:48 pm
Crenn asked me to post this

"Oh goody, my father has done it again. He hasn't paid the internet bill. And the sad thing is we don't have enough to pay it since the idiot in Sydney takes so long. I have no idea when I'll be back online. But I'll be on my mobile every now and again."

And Rain, He sais that he loves you vary much ^-^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:46 pm
FogSage

But if I understand correctly, most venomous snakes have to "chew" their victim to get the venom in, correct? So if he bites at you and actually does puncture the skin, the wound would be pretty clean cut, right? Since he doesn't have venom, he won't have large fangs, am I correct?

This is getting weird....I'm actually remembering parts of my high-school zoology class........oO"
It depends on the snake. They have speed for a reason, to be honest. in the time of one real strike, a gaboon viper can actually bite several times. How an envenomation works, is simple.

A snake's fangs are hallow. With spitters, there is a hole on the front, with biters, its on the back, and farther down the fang.

The sack that produces venom is behind the eye, and is surounded by muscles. The venom sacks give the head a more triangular shape.

The sack is conected Via a tube-like vein in the mouth to the fang, and to envenomate, they contract the venom gland, which shoves poision threw the tube, and into the fang, and out.

It was recently discovered that they can actualy regulate how much venom they inject.

Of course, as far as venom goes, the farther the fang from the gland, the more likely it will be a lesser bite. There are snakes with "front fangs" where the fangs are where our canines would be. Then there are snakes with rear fangs, where the fang is aproximetly just under the eye. There are short fangs, long fangs, all sorts.

Anyway, as far as pythons go, they don't really have fangs. The constrictors (Boas, Pythons, some colubrids) have rear facing teeth. they curve backwards so that the snake can bite and keep its prey there. Its not ment to let go once its got somthing. sweatdrop Because the jaws work diffrently then ours, his jaw is like a hinge. Where the top and bottom jaw connect, theres an extra bone there that makes there jaw hinge. The lower jaw disconects in the middle, and is kept together by ligaments. This is the way it is with all snakes. To eat, a snake walks its bottom jaws foreward,hooking and pulling the prey in.

There are a few types of bites; a warning bite. A quick "n**" where only a few teeth hook the skin, and tear it when the snake recoils. Then there is an aggiated bite is a bite where they bite and then let go; a full on bite. Teeth meet skin, and then the snake 'walks' its jaws backwards to let go. Which makes some jagged marks. Then, an agressive bite. They bite, they walk they're teeth foreward, they bite, hold, and dont let go! Eventualy they will, but they make sure when they do let go, its very painful.

What happens after the bite, is plain. Theres bacteria in they're mouths from what they eat. So an infection is likely. You must clean a wound at least twice a day, more, if youy'e got a bad imune system.

So, while it would be a clean cut at first, an agitated bite would be painful. It would also rip the skin, too, in an attempt to recoil. With how small Anry is, I have to be careful that im not restraining him when he bites me; it could very well kill him from the recoil. He's a very fragile at this age, weighing less then 24grams! I have to be careful or else they might hurt me.

--

Anyway. I feel strange. There is a small black spider that has been living in my bathroom for the last few days. Normaly it would freak me out to have it around while i'm showering, yet, strangly, I feel comforted. I know that spiders come in the house to die, but I feel sad when I think about him not being there. I enjoy the fact he is there, and I feel a little safe. I wish that I could work up nerve and feed him, keep him alive. I feel... very strangley about it. Sig

--

Art block sucks. All commishs on hold til its over.  

UglyCoyoteNG

FogSage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:22 pm
I didn't spend the night at my dad's apartment. In the end, there was nothing to do, I was bored and hot, and the lack of privacy was slightly unnerving. I drove back home and here I am. He's coming out here tomorrow to put the cover on our pool and to look at my busted ceiling fan, which, while it still works, doesn't go as fast at it used to. So I figure the motor is fried, and I'll need to have a new one put in. I get to go pick it out with him! <3 While I was with my dad, I got two pairs of black jeans, a pair of snazzy camouflage boxershorts, and found a CYUTEASHELL fox figurine at this surplus store out there. All in all, one of my better shopping days. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:53 pm
I'm back online again. My father found a way to pay the bill and all is ok for now. It's kind of strange..... we seem to NEED internet.... for work, assignments etc. But anyway, I'm back.

Thanks Darren for posting that for me.  

Crenn

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:43 pm
Welcome back, Crenn....and amazing how important the internet has become over the years......I think I'd go absolutely stark-raving mad without it.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:46 pm
The only way I could live without the internet... is if I was with my love. redface  

Crenn

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:12 am
Crenn
The only way I could live without the internet... is if I was with my love. redface
heart Sweet heart

On another note. I'm finally free....hehe. Had a "friend" visit this weekend and before, I've never been able to talk to him on the phone or the internet for a couple of minutes before I get annoyed. Kind of wonder how the visit went. Badly. Did ok Friday night, but he's one of those that doesn't listen to the first NO. Then this morning, I picked him up and we were ok for the first hour, but then...again..he told me some things that I really didn't want to hear so then he went into sulk mode. Since I didn't want to have to baby-sit his feelings, I did what I always do and plaster on a smile and go through it as if everything is ok.

It finally got to the point where when we got to my house, I got so mad at him that I went into my room and locked the door and stayed in there for 2 hours. I feltsorry for my sister because she was stuck out there with him.

And then I was ok for another hour. THEN...he started nit-picking me. He'd like lean back and study me and then lean forward and poke my face, saying things like "there's a spot here" "your skin is a different color here" "what's with all those scabs?"
And the worst one was when we were eating, we went out for Thai food. I was eating and he just looked me up and down and said, "You shouldn't eat that, you're too fat already."

So yes...not the best weekend I've had. Probablu the worst in a long while  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games