Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:51 pm
another boring wannabe magician....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:01 am
I just played around with a deck of cards.

I'm still wearing clothes.

Something's wrong here...  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:05 am
Nelowulf
another boring wannabe magician....

I think he's pretty cool  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:11 am
Meh, it's too staged to be entertaining. No skill from slight of hand or persauasion, just camera tricks...

@ DA: *fires phaser set to 'disrobe'* Happier?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:13 am
Nelowulf
Meh, it's too staged to be entertaining. No skill from slight of hand or persauasion, just camera tricks...

@ DA: *fires phaser set to 'disrobe'* Happier?

how is it camera tricks?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:20 am
Take for example piano girl. The Girl knew how to play from the beginning.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:23 am
Nelowulf

Yes but he made her forget that she knew how to play, he made her belive she never played before when in fact she has been playing all her life.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:32 am
Missing nin Itachi
Nelowulf

Yes but he made her forget that she knew how to play, he made her belive she never played before when in fact she has been playing all her life.

Or did he? It's not hard to lie about what you do know. I mean, naturally we can assume that Sylvester stallone is a weapons expert because he fires big guns in a movie, or that he's an expert boxer too. It's called 'acting'.

The first rule of magic: The bigger the stunt you do, the less the audience and participates can be really kept in the dark.

For example, if you were to make a dump truck disappear, surrounded by a curtain and a 'ring' of people, all you need to do is have 1 camera sit down and not move. While the camera focuses on one point in the curtain, the truck can be moved where the curtain does not hide it. Or you can cut the film and move the truck, and then return the people back and go ahead and make it 'disappear'.

the point is, though, that it's not skill, not even attempting to use distraction or deciet in your motions to amaze you with a false sense of wonder. It's just paid people who are told exactly what they are going to do, and a camera taking shots of what exactly is needed to make the scene believable.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:33 am
No good. My lingerie shields are up and set to max.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:35 am
Nelowulf
Missing nin Itachi
Nelowulf

Or did he? It's not hard to lie about what you do know. I mean, naturally we can assume that Sylvester stallone is a weapons expert because he fires big guns in a movie, or that he's an expert boxer too. It's called 'acting'.

The first rule of magic: The bigger the stunt you do, the less the audience and participates can be really kept in the dark.

For example, if you were to make a dump truck disappear, surrounded by a curtain and a 'ring' of people, all you need to do is have 1 camera sit down and not move. While the camera focuses on one point in the curtain, the truck can be moved where the curtain does not hide it. Or you can cut the film and move the truck, and then return the people back and go ahead and make it 'disappear'.

the point is, though, that it's not skill, not even attempting to use distraction or deciet in your motions to amaze you with a false sense of wonder. It's just paid people who are told exactly what they are going to do, and a camera taking shots of what exactly is needed to make the scene believable.

*Sigh* I guess your just too cynical for this sort of thing.  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:40 am
@ DA: Damn. *throws down royal flush* I fold.

@ Missing: Perhaps, but then again, I know most of the secrets of any magic trick known. And honestly, there's also the respect for those who actually have finesse. There's more to magic than simply getting a result. There is the prestige as much as the turn.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:46 am
Nelowulf
@ DA: Damn. *throws down royal flush* I fold.

@ Missing: Perhaps, but then again, I know most of the secrets of any magic trick known. And honestly, there's also the respect for those who actually have finesse. There's more to magic than simply getting a result. There is the prestige as much as the turn.

Well this is more hypnotysm but if you want to call it magic go ahead.  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:56 am
How can you call something hypnotism if you're tyring to hypnotize a person to do something they already can do on a whim? That's like him giving me the ol' one two and suddenly, I become a star wars nerd.

I'm not trying to bash you on this, but even you have to admit it's completely fake. If it diverts your attention adn you find it fun, that's okay. But to be gullible enough to be taken in by this as something real? that's how a person gets scammed, and I'd be worried about your future if you can be so easily manipulated.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:01 am
Hypnosis is a fraud virtually 90% of the time anyways. It doesn't work on even slightest resistance. This includes post-hypnotic suggestions you wouldn't do normally.

For example, even if you were willing to be hypnotised, you couldn't be made to do something you're normally against.

It's kinda like Force Persuasion, only with a much stricter function.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:02 am
well maybe I just chose a bad clip...
here's another one using reverse psycology and negetive reinforcement.
and paper money.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games