Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Memorable Threads
The Official AFG Chatterbox! 4000 pages of awesomeness! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 ... 4076 4077 4078 4079 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zanzarus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:26 pm
Doomie, if you could find a way over to BC, there's lots of jobs right now. If you have a decent enough resume and are williong to do good work, you'd probably get hired almost anywhere. There's no place you can go right now that doesn't have a HELP WANTED sign other than in residential areas. I'm sure if you /really/ wanted to, I could work something out with my family, and as long as you paid a little rent, you could live in my basement or something...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:27 pm
*Hugs his tigress tightly* ; ;  

OmeTheDragon

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:31 pm
Af Mas
If we could get somewhere up there for you to go to, it'd be a start. I don't know how willing or able your friends up there are, but there's gotta be something. Just never give up hope. Be strong, as hard as that may be, and whenever you get pissed off, b***h like crazy if you have to. Anything to make you feel better is a measure worth taking, within limits of course. We all know there are some things that aren't allowed

Edit: And if it's any consolation, Siatea has offered to do some art for you. It ain't much, but just more people out there looking out for you

Concerning my friends up here, I can probably get a ride out to a train station as starting help or the like, but I won't be able to get them to get me far, as they have their own problems to deal with.

As for venting, that's why I go absent for so long. I tend to just pour out my blind rage out on videogames, and god save those who are against me on online games. If I were to make myself mildly auditively noticeable in any way IRL, I'd get the plug pulled out for a while. D:

as per the art, tell Siatea to ignore me and continue with her commissions or personal projects if she has any. In all honesty I'm well past the pointof feeling better with gifts right now, and art of any sort would most liekly just tear me up even more because of how bad I feel that I can't draw right now. No offense, I usually love her art, but now's just a bad time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:33 pm
DoomNeko
Af Mas
If we could get somewhere up there for you to go to, it'd be a start. I don't know how willing or able your friends up there are, but there's gotta be something. Just never give up hope. Be strong, as hard as that may be, and whenever you get pissed off, b***h like crazy if you have to. Anything to make you feel better is a measure worth taking, within limits of course. We all know there are some things that aren't allowed

Edit: And if it's any consolation, Siatea has offered to do some art for you. It ain't much, but just more people out there looking out for you

Concerning my friends up here, I can probably get a ride out to a train station as starting help or the like, but I won't be able to get them to get me far, as they have their own problems to deal with.

As for venting, that's why I go absent for so long. I tend to just pour out my blind rage out on videogames, and god save those who are against me on online games. If I were to make myself mildly auditively noticeable in any way IRL, I'd get the plug pulled out for a while. D:

as per the art, tell Siatea to ignore me and continue with her commissions or personal projects if she has any. In all honesty I'm well past the pointof feeling better with gifts right now, and art of any sort would most liekly just tear me up even more because of how bad I feel that I can't draw right now. No offense, I usually love her art, but now's just a bad time.

Alright then. I was afraid of that honestly, but figured I'd just let you know  

Af Mas

Lloxie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:34 pm

Merf. Hey, on the bright side, think about this... at least you don't have to put up with the evil government in the USA right now. =P

Seriously though. *cuddles the tigress s'more* Don't give up. Keep looking for a job, and really let 'em know you want a job. Sooner or later they'll give you one. Heck, one thing that might help is doing some volunteer work. Or for example, if you go to a grocery store and see a bunch of carts in the parking lot, take them in, even if you don't work there. Give them a really good impression. Then they'll almost have to give you a job. =3

But the point is, when life bites, you gotta bite back. If they get mean, get mean right back. *kisses her nose and scritches her chin* You'll survive, Doomie. You'll pull through all this and then some, knowing you. You may not feel your usual, spunky, cheerful self, but its still inside you. Everyone has a slump now and then. But for every down there's an up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:40 pm
I really need to head to bed. I have to get up early tomorrow to drive back to Eau Claire and then work 8 hours.

Doomie, seriously, if you ever need anything, just ask, I'll do what I can. You're one of the few people I'm still willing to listen to, because you're that close to me and you really need it. If I can't do anything else I can at least do that, if you need it of course

Anyway, night all  

Af Mas

Vashyyk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:40 pm
well I walked into a rather large discussion  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:41 pm
OmegaDragon

*hugs tight* ;_;

Audi Kitty
Doomie, if you could find a way over to BC, there's lots of jobs right now. If you have a decent enough resume and are williong to do good work, you'd probably get hired almost anywhere. There's no place you can go right now that doesn't have a HELP WANTED sign other than in residential areas. I'm sure if you /really/ wanted to, I could work something out with my family, and as long as you paid a little rent, you could live in my basement or something...

I guess it's an option. Possibly even an enviable one because getting myself out of french Canada kills one barrier between me and my loves. But that'd be getting ahead of myself... right now I more than anything need a place where I can relax for two weeks or so, so I can pick myself out of the nervous emotional wreck I am. As is I'm completely broke, save maybe 10$... enough for two weeks for of pasta at most, so I wouldn't really be able to pay any rent. X:

Lloxie

Merf. Hey, on the bright side, think about this... at least you don't have to put up with the evil government in the USA right now. =P

Seriously though. *cuddles the tigress s'more* Don't give up. Keep looking for a job, and really let 'em know you want a job. Sooner or later they'll give you one. Heck, one thing that might help is doing some volunteer work. Or for example, if you go to a grocery store and see a bunch of carts in the parking lot, take them in, even if you don't work there. Give them a really good impression. Then they'll almost have to give you a job. =3

But the point is, when life bites, you gotta bite back. If they get mean, get mean right back. *kisses her nose and scritches her chin* You'll survive, Doomie. You'll pull through all this and then some, knowing you. You may not feel your usual, spunky, cheerful self, but its still inside you. Everyone has a slump now and then. But for every down there's an up.

I tried that already, as I tend to do that at any store I go to. The problem is that I live in a town where there's about 60 people for every job offer possible, which is why it's so hard for me to get a job. In 4 years, the only job I was EVER able to get here was at the videostore I had been a member at for 15 years, and they only took me because they needed someone who knew the videogames market better than them, but they find a substitute for me, so I'm jobless again. X:

I've actively had resume's sent out to EVERY place in town, even the local junkyard, for 7 months now. Nothing's turned up before summer, during summer, and even now that the students are goign back to school there's nobody hiring me.

Sidenote : Canada is now ruled by Dubya's best friend, and while I can bite my dad for temporary pain, he can pull the plug on my comp and internet for as long as he wants afterwards if I so much as whisper in a way that doesn't suit him.

Sonya Khatsworth

Eddily

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:42 pm
Af Mas
I really need to head to bed. I have to get up early tomorrow to drive back to Eau Claire and then work 8 hours.

Doomie, seriously, if you ever need anything, just ask, I'll do what I can. You're one of the few people I'm still willing to listen to, because you're that close to me and you really need it. If I can't do anything else I can at least do that, if you need it of course

Anyway, night all

Night hun. *hugs*  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:44 pm
Af Mas

Anyway, night all

Thanks Affy.
*hugs tight*
Sleep well ~

Sonya Khatsworth

Zanzarus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:48 pm
DoomNeko
OmegaDragon

*hugs tight* ;_;

Audi Kitty

I guess it's an option. Possibly even an enviable one because getting myself out of french Canada kills one barrier between me and my loves. But that'd be getting ahead of myself... right now I more than anything need a place where I can relax for two weeks or so, so I can pick myself out of the nervous emotional wreck I am. As is I'm completely broke, save maybe 10$... enough for two weeks for of pasta at most, so I wouldn't really be able to pay any rent. X:

Lloxie

I tried that already, as I tend to do that at any store I go to. The problem is that I live in a town where there's about 60 people for every job offer possible, which is why it's so hard for me to get a job. In 4 years, the only job I was EVER able to get here was at the videostore I had been a member at for 15 years, and they only took me because they needed someone who knew the videogames market better than them, but they find a substitute for me, so I'm jobless again. X:

I've actively had resume's sent out to EVERY place in town, even the local junkyard, for 7 months now. Nothing's turned up before summer, during summer, and even now that the students are goign back to school there's nobody hiring me.

Sidenote : Canada is now ruled by Dubya's best friend, and while I can bite my dad for temporary pain, he can pull the plug on my comp and internet for as long as he wants afterwards if I so much as whisper in a way that doesn't suit him.

I meant after you got a job, you silly goose... They wouldn't mind for two weeks... I hope. It would be like having an exchange student, I just wouldn't have to go anywhere, and the program woul dbe relatively free.
Plus, if they did want rent, I would pay it for you untill we found something that worked out. Sigh, I'm ust trying to think... You'd want to get a full-time position and such, and contruction is really only the real route you could go untill you saved enough money to get a good place to rent...

Sigh. Maybe phoe wouldn't mind moving out and you guys could share a place or something. I dunno. But If you did come here, things would work themselves out eventually...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:53 pm
Sounds like a good deal sis.

I should be going too, it's late. Night all.  

Eddily

Zanzarus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:54 pm
I dunno, anyways, I should get to bed. If you want to, PM me about it or something, and I can talk to my parents and such. I've mentioned ou comming to stay before and they were kind of wtf? But they never said no... Since you're 18 and all and you can do whataver the hell you want pretty much now, it wouldn't be abainst the law for us to house you here... Yeah... Anyways. Just keep this in mind, I'm sure I can make it a valid option is I press enough about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:58 pm

Merf... well, I kinna know how you feel, to some extent anyway, Doomie. In years previous, I've gone through stages in life where my dad would threaten to pull the plug on everything that makes my life worth living for even the slightest thing. I still have to worry about it sometimes, though not nearly as much. Like I keep saying, hang in there. *snuggles s'more and strokes her back gently*

Lloxie

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:03 am
Audi Kitty
I dunno, anyways, I should get to bed. If you want to, PM me about it or something, and I can talk to my parents and such. I've mentioned ou comming to stay before and they were kind of wtf? But they never said no... Since you're 18 and all and you can do whataver the hell you want pretty much now, it wouldn't be abainst the law for us to house you here... Yeah... Anyways. Just keep this in mind, I'm sure I can make it a valid option is I press enough about it.

Thanks Audi.
If you can, try talking about it with the 'rents and Phoe.
Not as a certain thing that WILL happen, but maybe just ask if they think it'd be possible, I'm open to about any option right now.

As a last resort, Ome can possibly help me get a train ticket and I can ride out there, though at most I'll have a binder of games, two sets of clothes, a pad and some pocketchange.
Then again I guess that's what it's always been like for me. sweatdrop

Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 ... 4076 4077 4078 4079 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games