Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
What kinda Wiccan be ye? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I am:
  Traditional
  Neo/Eclectic
  Witch
  Pagan
  Agnostic
  Atheist
  Other...Judaic based
  Other...Non-Christian based
View Results

Ijivirus

Sparkly Hunter

5,800 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:45 am
Dragoness Arleeana
O_o - IXI - o_O
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully...

Celtic/Faery Wicca

...as when they do it from religious conviction.

I have a book on faerie wicca, also called Evolutionary magic by many? The book I have makes it seem like it focuses on something much like a Chii and the flow of energies.

It does, and it is what led me to study up on other Wiccan traditions such as Shakti Wicca and things of that nature. I like to get a good understanding of everyone's point of view, and Shakti Wicca involves a lot of Chakra and Chi (or what they call Prana) as does Faery Wicca. Seeing as how I haven't been practicing for long, I'm still trying to find my path. Wicca is my foundation, but I would really like to build off of that because I found more of the Hindu gods to be of interest to me. I do not deny the existence of other gods, but I do not revere them as highly as I revere the Hindu pantheon. Until I actually put Hindu and Wicca into google I didn't know that there were other Wiccan's that worshipped within the Hindu pantheon. Most of the Wiccans I have met think that it is taboo and not truly Wiccan to worship outside of the "traditional" gods, which I assume are the celtic/norse/or greek gods? (only because that's what seems to be predominant) I began as Celtic/Fae Wicca because that is what was introduced to me and I found it to be a good starting point to learn more about the beliefs and philosophies of Wicca.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:14 am
I'm eclectic. Definitly.  

Siegfried Kiefter

x-Akki-Hime-x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:03 am

What about those who practice the Old Religion of Wicca, not the popularized one by Gardner? The roots of Wicca are what I'm interested in @@;

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:51 pm
x-Akki-Hime-x

What about those who practice the Old Religion of Wicca, not the popularized one by Gardner? The roots of Wicca are what I'm interested in @@;

stressed
once again, wicca is NOT an old religion.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

x-Akki-Hime-x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:15 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
x-Akki-Hime-x

stressed

Did I say that? No. I said I practice what Wicca evolved from - there IS an older version of Wicca, NOT the popularized version by Gardner.

Refrain from attacking me in the future. And read it fully next time. "The roots of Wicca are what I'm interested in @@;" I probably should have said "OLDER" religion "BEFORE" Wicca.

Sorry. Next time don't bite my head off.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:15 pm
x-Akki-Hime-x
xXx kitsy xXx
x-Akki-Hime-x

stressed

Did I say that? No. I said I practice what Wicca evolved from - there IS an older version of Wicca, NOT the popularized version by Gardner.

Refrain from attacking me in the future. And read it fully next time. "The roots of Wicca are what I'm interested in @@;" I probably should have said "OLDER" religion "BEFORE" Wicca.

Sorry. Next time don't bite my head off.

wouldnt that be paganism then?  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

x-Akki-Hime-x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:06 pm
No, not exactly. Both Wicca and Paga branch off from it, I have several books of it if anyone wants me to post some more background information on it. o-o  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:05 pm
x-Akki-Hime-x
No, not exactly. Both Wicca and Paga branch off from it, I have several books of it if anyone wants me to post some more background information on it. o-o

you lost me.
what books?  

The Demon Taco

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:44 pm
The Demon Taco
x-Akki-Hime-x

you lost me.
what books?

yah im curious too what is it called and paga? paganism is not one set belief it is a group of beliefs classified as anything pre-christian i believe.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:54 pm

It is simply called the Craft. This dates back to 800 B.C.E.

One of the books I have nearby right now is The Witches' Craft by Raven Grimassi. =/ It goes to explain the roots of Wicca, everything behind it - pre-pagan rites... Etc.

x-Akki-Hime-x

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:50 pm
Truth be told, I don't like to label myself "eclectic" or "tradional" or anything. I'm just a witch. I follow the Wiccan Rede and all that, but when I do a spell, I don't wait for star signs or for the phase of the moon. I learned that from Scott Cunningham, or, at least, it made so much sense to me--and because it's been my own personal experience--that you don't always need the extra boost from the moon phase for the spell to be successful, though I try to stick to the moon phases a bit. For the important things, anyway, not just the standard "bring me luck" or cleansing baths.

I am me. "Me" is called Clair, is a witch, and follows what she feels. (Go me! (??))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:16 pm
Kuriyaki
Truth be told, I don't like to label myself "eclectic" or "tradional" or anything. I'm just a witch. I follow the Wiccan Rede and all that, but when I do a spell, I don't wait for star signs or for the phase of the moon. I learned that from Scott Cunningham, or, at least, it made so much sense to me--and because it's been my own personal experience--that you don't always need the extra boost from the moon phase for the spell to be successful, though I try to stick to the moon phases a bit. For the important things, anyway, not just the standard "bring me luck" or cleansing baths.

I am me. "Me" is called Clair, is a witch, and follows what she feels. (Go me! (??))

whee that is eclectic though  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Rowan MacGregor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:27 am
Well, it terms of witchcraft I suppose I'd be eclectic. I mostly practice ADF druidry now though, so that would be none of the above.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:12 am
I belong to a sect called Amour de la Terra (French for Love of the Earth), which worships the Earth specifically.  

Playgunny

Rainbow Holocaust

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:48 pm
It's hard to define what I am, in all reality.
I guess I've been on a journey to find my spiritual self for quite some time,
and my friends and I are circling in closer and closer
to a specific set of beliefs, many of which would be able
to consider us Wiccans. It would be along the Eclectic lines,
though we have a traditional way of going about things.

So I really don't know what to say at this point in time.
I personally don't wish to rush finding myself, though, because
that would be cheating myself out of the truth, wouldn't it?

Sorry for the long spam-like post sweatdrop

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games