Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
"Amy Lee" vs Rellik San... UPDATED! see first page. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:27 am
Satan on Speed
Wow. To be perfectly honest, this is last guild i'd expect Amy Lee bashing from. Then again, the only people who consider themselves "goths" here are the ones who either turn around and act ashamed of their obsessions around anyone popular or are the kind who use the makeup that you can only get around halloween who would worship the toilet she pisses in. Little hick town. I seriously need to get out more, I suppose.

What are you on about? We don't like Amy Lee so we're all poseurs?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:11 am
Satan on Speed
Wow. To be perfectly honest, this is last guild i'd expect Amy Lee bashing from. Then again, the only people who consider themselves "goths" here are the ones who either turn around and act ashamed of their obsessions around anyone popular or are the kind who use the makeup that you can only get around halloween who would worship the toilet she pisses in. Little hick town. I seriously need to get out more, I suppose.
Which is all fair enough, but I'm not a goth... I'm a metal head and to be honest, why would you expect this to be the last place to bash Amy Lee? if anything, I'd expect it to be the first for all the self proclaimed 'goffs' who think Marilyn Manson is the best thing since sliced bread and the general elitist attitude of those same kids.  

Rellik San
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:58 am
Satan on Speed
Wow. To be perfectly honest, this is last guild i'd expect Amy Lee bashing from.

It's not all too suprising to see in a goth forum.

Amy Lee has long been an outspoken critic of the goth culture, and she has regularly voiced her seperation and distaste for it. The fact that her image is heavily goth influenced leads some to consider her a hypocrite, and leads others to believe she's nothing but a shallow pop star.

Many goths (that I've talked to, at least) list her as one of their least favorite celebrities, alongside Marilyn Manson and Jhonen Vasquez.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:41 am
Satan on Speed
Did you ever think that it could just be about personal taste,not trying to "turn around and act ashamed of their obsessions around anyone popular"?
And honestly do you have the right to judge people in this guild that you DON'T know? sad  

Awesome Akwardness

Myollnir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:58 am
Heh. I don't know much about Amy Lee, but after seeing her in one or two interviews, she sounds like a decent person, and I'm not sure that I want to blame her for all the misconceptions about the goth culture and all the whiny, horrible fans that seem to follow her band. I don't think it's fair; when you're in the public eye, especially when you're so young, you can't really necessarely evaluate (or take the full responsability for) the consequences of your actions, your effect on the media and on the general public all at once... even if it is your own choice in career.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:41 pm
Myollnir
Heh. I don't know much about Amy Lee, but after seeing her in one or two interviews, she sounds like a decent person, and I'm not sure that I want to blame her for all the misconceptions about the goth culture and all the whiny, horrible fans that seem to follow her band. I don't think it's fair; when you're in the public eye, especially when you're so young, you can't really necessarely evaluate (or take the full responsability for) the consequences of your actions, your effect on the media and on the general public all at once... even if it is your own choice in career.
Iron Maiden managed it, Ozzy managed it, Lemmy managed it... loads of people manage it, the problem isn't so much blaming her, its the fans I'm blaming and not even so much fans of the band, but its the people that are exclusively Amy Lee fans that spoil it for the rest.  

Rellik San
Crew

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:31 pm
spooky_sez
Satan on Speed

No, no, no. I'm being neutral as to liking or disliking her. All i'm trying to say is that the people who consider themselves goths here behave in the said ways. I'm not saying anything about anyone here.
Blackrose Kaire
Did you ever think that it could just be about personal taste,not trying to "turn around and act ashamed of their obsessions around anyone popular"?
And honestly do you have the right to judge people in this guild that you DON'T know?

You've got me all wrong, dear. I'm not trying to really judge at all. The only thing that i'm saying is that for me, Amy Lee bashing here was a suprise. That's all. I suppose I see it that way because of where I live. I'm not judging anyone.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:33 pm
Satan on Speed
spooky_sez
Satan on Speed

No, no, no. I'm being neutral as to liking or disliking her. All i'm trying to say is that the people who consider themselves goths here behave in the said ways. I'm not saying anything about anyone here.
Blackrose Kaire
And honestly do you have the right to judge people in this guild that you DON'T know?

You've got me all wrong, dear. I'm not trying to really judge at all. The only thing that i'm saying is that for me, Amy Lee bashing here was a suprise. That's all. I suppose I see it that way because of where I live. I'm not judging anyone.
I'm sorry that's just the way I took it sweatdrop  

Awesome Akwardness

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:49 pm
Blackrose Kaire
Satan on Speed
spooky_sez
Satan on Speed

Blackrose Kaire

I'm sorry that's just the way I took it sweatdrop

No need to appologize, the internet sadly leaves far too much room for misconceptions. No harm done. =3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:22 pm
Rellik San
Myollnir
Iron Maiden managed it, Ozzy managed it, Lemmy managed it... loads of people manage it, the problem isn't so much blaming her, its the fans I'm blaming and not even so much fans of the band, but its the people that are exclusively Amy Lee fans that spoil it for the rest.

heh heh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FeAT7KgVG4

My favorite part is when he pours the orange juice.  

GilAskan
Crew

Free the immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:42 pm
GilAskan
Rellik San
Myollnir

heh heh...

awsome vid  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:16 am
stark espada1
GilAskan
Rellik San
Myollnir

heh heh...

awsome vid

He was wasted what do you expect. razz  

Rellik San
Crew

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:01 am
So what famous person shall you be taking on next? smile  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash