Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
Crazy Dreams Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyMarcy

6,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:43 pm
Once, during the day I:

-watched all of Hitchcock's The Birds except the last two minutes
-was in the middle of Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrell
-was halfway through Coraline by Neil Gaiman

The combination of all those eerie unfinished things created a nightmare that freaked me out. I still remember it with creepyness.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:26 pm
I havn't had a nightmare for a long time, and I'm very glad. The only time I have, is after watching a scary movie. Needless to say, I havn't seen another since then.

A dream last night! I'm in my itty bitty math class and a passport is floating around. I walk out the door, I think I'm looking for someone, and step into this empty hall. I walk down the hall and the surroundings morph into my old highschool, which was ginourmouse. It is all deserted. Then, I see a preppy girl I know, my friend's crush, a girl called Maya whome I've never seen, and two other girls. We all skip, arm in arm, up this vast staircase. Once we get to the top, it is this wooden, varnished mansion interrionr. Somehow, me and the guy get seperated from the others and we walk back toward math class.
Nearly this whole time I've been dreaming in first person, which is rare for me. But now I jump into third person, and I see my hair (which is really long) get all braided. Like, dreadlocks style, but braids. And my friend's cruch braided it!
So today I asked him if he could braid. He said yes.  

Lady Whispers

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:44 am
Last night I had a REALLY wierd dream. Darth Vador was starting an Empire, and he kept on zapping people from our community onto thas huge flying empire he had created. So a few people from my neighborhood started searching for people he had taken. Then he zapped us up, and we were in a big room with everyone else who had been zapped. Then Darth Vador came and told us that he would asign us jobs, and eveyone around me (which included people I know and several book characters) told me that this place was really amazing. My old best friend told me she had been assigned to be the goddess of the forest. I got a job I really liked (I forget it now) and everyone was really happy. We did random jobs, including a dragon, and the Man vs. Wild guy. I also remember something about a stampeade in the Highschool. The jobs went on forever, but were enjoyable somehow.
It's so puzzling. I really don't like Sar Wars, so there should be NO reason I should dream about him. I hate most everyone in my neighborhood, so it was wierd when I started trampling in their backards, looking for an empire that I knew was in the sky.
Oh well. It was a good dream nevertheless. I'm just confuzzled. confused sad  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:05 am
I was chased around a mansion by a giant plant that had rapidly growing vines. It eventually caught me, I was dragged to a basement and stuffed into a dark whole where I was... about to be devoured by a carnivorous plant. But as always, I woke up a split second before dying. I can't remember the last time I didn't have nightmare cry  

GhostYYZ

gemela_dos

Heroic Gekko

15,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:38 pm
GhostYYZ
I was chased around a mansion by a giant plant that had rapidly growing vines. It eventually caught me, I was dragged to a basement and stuffed into a dark whole where I was... about to be devoured by a carnivorous plant. But as always, I woke up a split second before dying. I can't remember the last time I didn't have nightmare cry

I would feel bad for you, if only you didn't kill me off in almost everyone of your dreams!! How could you drown your own friend...even if they were going to kill you wink .

UnderestimatedAngel, I also had a weird dream with a Star Wars theme. It started in this weird classroom with this really annoying teacher who absolutely hated me. We were working on something that had to do with Star Wars, and I was suddenly in the thing that I had been reading, and I was Princess Laya, and me, C3PO, Luke, and Han all got captured. And these two guys separated me from the rest of the group and led me to an elevator. They cornered me and one guy took a needle and injected someing in the front of my neck. Then they laid me on a table in this big room to do expiriments on me (I'm now in third person, looking at my body), and the Emperor started to speak through me. Then he started killing almost everybody in this huge building I was in. I don't know how, but eveyone's necks were bleeding, even the people who didn't get killed. Then the dream got way too complicated for me to type out. I don't think I have ever had a Star Wars dream, and i hadn't even seen it or been thinking about it recently. Weird.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:10 am
gemela_dos
GhostYYZ

I would feel bad for you, if only you didn't kill me off in almost everyone of your dreams!! How could you drown your own friend...even if they were going to kill you wink .

UnderestimatedAngel, I also had a weird dream with a Star Wars theme. It started in this weird classroom with this really annoying teacher who absolutely hated me. We were working on something that had to do with Star Wars, and I was suddenly in the thing that I had been reading, and I was Princess Laya, and me, C3PO, Luke, and Han all got captured. And these two guys separated me from the rest of the group and led me to an elevator. They cornered me and one guy took a needle and injected someing in the front of my neck. Then they laid me on a table in this big room to do expiriments on me (I'm now in third person, looking at my body), and the Emperor started to speak through me. Then he started killing almost everybody in this huge building I was in. I don't know how, but eveyone's necks were bleeding, even the people who didn't get killed. Then the dream got way too complicated for me to type out. I don't think I have ever had a Star Wars dream, and i hadn't even seen it or been thinking about it recently. Weird.

That... is... bizarre. xd  

Lhia Dunwaith

Lady Whispers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:28 pm
extremely. I don't hink I'v had a Star Wars dream ever. and I liuke stare wards  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:31 pm
gemela_dos
GhostYYZ

Sounds like you had a sore throat smile

Underestimated_Angel
Last night I had a REALLY wierd dream. Darth Vador was starting an Empire, and he kept on zapping people from our community onto thas huge flying empire he had created. So a few people from my neighborhood started searching for people he had taken. Then he zapped us up, and we were in a big room with everyone else who had been zapped. Then Darth Vador came and told us that he would asign us jobs, and eveyone around me (which included people I know and several book characters) told me that this place was really amazing. My old best friend told me she had been assigned to be the goddess of the forest. I got a job I really liked (I forget it now) and everyone was really happy. We did random jobs, including a dragon, and the Man vs. Wild guy. I also remember something about a stampeade in the Highschool. The jobs went on forever, but were enjoyable somehow.
It's so puzzling. I really don't like Sar Wars, so there should be NO reason I should dream about him. I hate most everyone in my neighborhood, so it was wierd when I started trampling in their backards, looking for an empire that I knew was in the sky.
Oh well. It was a good dream nevertheless. I'm just confuzzled. confused sad

xd ROFL rofl  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Gilly_Van_Rost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:44 am
The weirdest thing happened the other day. It was a bit like deja vu, except it wasn't o_0

I was asleep, having a dream, as you do, and in the dream this person called a teacher mum.
And I remembered dreaming it. It was one of the things I remembered when I woke up, but forgot again later

That very day in my media class, someone called the teacher mum, and we all laughed hysterically, but it reminded me of what I'd dreamed.
It was very strange o_0

The first dream I can remember;

I'm in my room (this is my first house, and in that house my room was on the top floor. You went up the stairs, and there was a door directly at the top of them that went into my room.)
So yeah, I'm in my room, doing a puzzle with someone who I know in the dream but don't know in real life, and the door is open, and Preston from Wallace and Gromit turns up the last three stairs (which curved round) and is looking through the door.

It's a really vivid memory, but it's quite obviously not real. (Btw, it's third person, so the me that I'm watching doing the puzzle is between my POV and the door.)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:25 pm
Does anyone think it's a bad thing if nobody but me is alive by the end of my dream? Because either there's nobody in my dream... or they all die. AND NO I DON'T KILL EVERYONE like gemela_dos likes to imply. I've actually saved her life before... depending on how you look at it, I have...Anyways, I just survived the nuclear warfare of WWIII in my dream last night. But let me tell you, it's really lonely being the last person on earth. So glad it was only a dream... nightmare... thing.  

GhostYYZ

Lady Whispers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:25 pm
That stinks, Why are your guys' dreams so much more violent then mine? And, now I tell you my most recent dream, which is contradictory to the above statment. I remember it was long, but it faded quickly so all I can remember was that in the fourth book of Twilight, Bella ends up throwing herself in the way of a car or something, and dieing. Yeah... I don't think I killed her, but I am pretty sure I took Edward and Jacob. Or mabey they killed themselves... No wiat! Jacob ended up Imprinting on Jessica or Angela!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:28 am
icechild21
That stinks, Why are your guys' dreams so much more violent then mine? And, now I tell you my most recent dream, which is contradictory to the above statment. I remember it was long, but it faded quickly so all I can remember was that in the fourth book of Twilight, Bella ends up throwing herself in the way of a car or something, and dieing. Yeah... I don't think I killed her, but I am pretty sure I took Edward and Jacob. Or mabey they killed themselves... No wiat! Jacob ended up Imprinting on Jessica or Angela!

Well, you don't know GhostYYZ like I do. He has these dreams every night. rolleyes  

Lhia Dunwaith

Lady Whispers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:39 am
Lhia_Dunwaith
icechild21

Well, you don't know GhostYYZ like I do. He has these dreams every night. rolleyes

Oh. I feel so lonely! You guys all know each other in real life. Well, some. And I know none.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:41 pm
I have some pretty crazy dreams too... I'm trying to keep a dream journal of the ones that REALLY throw me off. I haven't had too many ones from books lately, but I do remember that I had one where I was Lyra and my crush Kyle was the other kid from His Dark Materials (brain freeze, this is gonna bug me to no end until I remember his name... Sam? No, wait, that's not it...). It was the romance scene from the end of The Subtle Knife, and it was really sweet, and romantic and then I woke up. sad Life seems so unbearably unfair, sometimes.
GhostYYZ, I can defintely sympathize with the nightmares, I get about one a week. But mine generaly aren't that violent, but more... how do I put it... playing with my mind? Like they make me feel guilty about myself, or mind-numbingly sad about things I find joy in when I'm awake, or just terrified. I had one like that about flesh-eating mermaids in what I imagine Venice to be like. *shivers* The waters were so cold...
Does anyone else actually feel things in dreams? People tell me all the time that I'm completely weird for it, but I feel everything from amputation to kisses in dreams. Am I alone?

maidentears

Gilly_Van_Rost

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:35 am
Wow, I had a really vivid, and incredibly fiction-influenced dream last night.

Have you played Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on the PC? Well, I was in that game, and seemed to be on cheat mode, as I was walking through walls. Anyway, I found a new secret area in a hedge, and went through it with Ron.
We then went through a wall and found a huge stone block, which we pushed into Dumbledore, and it turned out we had pushed it lots of times
(sort of relating to the insanity test in Weebls-Stuff's Prawn to be Wild 9. But you wouldn't get it if you haven't played the game and haven't had my dream, so I won't bother explaining).
Then I was looking on my bookshelf, and saw all the many Series of Unfortunate Events books, which I opened, and was in Harry Potter Game land, where the SoUE was happening (not very accurately, it was a completely different story XD), but with Robin Hood people from the BBC series.
Then we had to get on a train (rather like the one in Spirited Away, as it was on water and the stops were similar) but it was open-top.
There was me and Ron from Harry Potter, Robin, Will, Gisborne and Djaq (who were from SoUE, so weren't actually called those names, but looked like them),and some unnamed people on this train, and it turned out there was no driver, and it crashed.

I seem to vaguely remember thinking 'Why isn't there a driver?' when the train was crashing in the film Anastasia (which I haven't seen for about six years, so I may have my facts wrong.)

So, that gives us influences from;
Harry Potter
Prawn to be Wild (hilarious game, go play it ;D)
Series of Unfortunate Events
Robin Hood (BBC)
Spirited Away
(possibly) Anastasia

D'you know what? I haven't played on my Harry Potter game for months, I don't like SoUE, and haven't looked at one of those books for about two years (and I despise the film.) I haven't seen Spirited Away for a couple of years, and I've already mentioned I haven't seen Anastasia for about six years.

(Yes, I played PtbW and watched Robin Hood yesterday) but my point is, what kind of crazy junk is in my brain?

And blimey, I've typed a rather long ramble.  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff