Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Your MVP(s) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:54 pm
SCARY DRAGON
Flash fire only raises fire moves, and most of the time, the fire move will be from another poke, so the boost is almost useless most of the time, unless you manage to kill the other guy AND they don't have something that resists fire or that can kill him before they kill arcanine. Thunder fang has extremely little power and is really only useful for gyarados. Infernape has a powerful STAB move that somewhat supports his fire part at least.

What I'm saying is that it still allows you to switch into any fire move... also, thunder fang can deal decent damage to most water pokemon, although, Arcanine ((and any other fire type)) is probably already dead to those anyways.

Also, Infernape is a piece of crap... the only good item for him is a choice item, or a focus sash. They sacrificed too much durability when trying to make him have both physical and special attack.... unless the infernape is packing Earthquake, Arcanine can 2HKO it with Espeed any day.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:12 pm
Even if he does get the extra power, he will still probably have a harder time taking out the other guy than they will with arcanine.

I don't think infernape is all that great either, anything faster than it will kill it in most cases. Close combat is about as powerful as a super effective earthquake btw. =P

Like I said, fire is really an underpowered type both for recieving attacks and as an attack type. That is my opinion.  

Itakio

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:15 pm
Meh, you're entitled to your opinion... and the day that Arcanine does worse than some other potential physical sweeper on my team, I'll switch him out.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:41 pm
Well, I haven't tried the life orb version yet, it could be different than my experience with the choice band.  

Itakio

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:13 pm
eh....infernape is alright but arcanine pwns  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:13 pm
My Swampert, Swellow, and Espeon. And my Vaporeon right now in XD. (I know, older game, but I just got through beating it. I'll probably transfer the Vaporeon over to Emerald later.)  

miraiyouko

Dapper Bloodsucker

5,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:22 pm
nitnit
Meh, you're entitled to your opinion... and the day that Arcanine does worse than some other potential physical sweeper on my team, I'll switch him out.

I find him to be a better Sp. Sweeper than a Phys.

And it's amusing to see people switch in their Gyarados only to get 2HKO'd.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:19 am
My new favorite is Charizard. xd  

Senfyero

mushill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:37 pm
probly my espeon, lucario, infernape and roserade mrgreen
there awesome!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:58 pm
I don't really have an MVP. Either all of my pokés do well, or none of them do.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Raijin36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:50 pm
Once again my metagross.

He pwns all.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:57 am
For me it was my Roserade because i was fighting the elite four and it was down to a little life and then gave the enemy poison due to poison point and it gave me the win  

cursedfirefox

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:55 pm
Surprisingly, Sableye is my current MVP. I can't begin to tell you how many times both confuse ray and Night Shade has saved me in the battle tower challenges. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:05 pm
Garchomp and Gallade. <3

And my Modest Mespirit whom I love dearly to death. XD I really need to train her though. o_o  

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

Kuja_vessel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:35 pm
Luxray... He's basically my power packed biotch... His name is Chibi. I love him with all my life.

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff