Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Journals [OOC]
[J] Maybe I'm a Lion - Sheepsie's SoAs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:38 am

User Image
User Image
Don't try to live so wise
Don't cry 'cause you're so right
Don't dry with fakes or fears
'Cause you will hate yourself in the end

Name: Chirpa
Meaning: named after Chief Chirpa XD
Father: Da
Mother: Sedna
Siblings: +5
Mate: None
Offspring: None
Brief Personality: A bright, adventurous little bird; fascinated with the world around her; likes to investigate things; will often follow creatures around to try and learn more about them; doesn't seem to understand caution though perhaps she will before she gets eaten; brave (or stupid, either works)
Image Song: Naruto - Wind

RP

Adventures in Fluffy - [Lazarus] Link *

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:24 am

User Image
User Image

I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation
You're living in the past it's a new generation
A girl can do what she wants to do and that's
What I'm gonna do
An' I don't give a damn ' bout my bad reputation

Name: Chafua
Meaning: rough seas
Father: Unknown
Mother: Unknown
Siblings: None

Pride: Rogue
Position in Pride: -
Personality: Chafua is a hyena that lives up to her name entirely. There is very little about this large, hulking blue female that isn't rough. It is not surprising that she spent most of her childhood and teenage years getting into scuffles with other hyenas who got in her way. She was large even then, and had no problems using her size to her advantage. Fights, both in play and the real ones, became somewhat of a sport for her, and she enjoys whatever physical battle she can get herself into. She is proud of every single scar she had received, and even more proud of the scars she has left on her opponents. Let them remember the great fighter for as long as they lived.

Quarrels, however, are not something she regularly takes part in. Despite her great size, she is not a very smart hyena. Things are always just as they seem with her. She doesn't have the mental capacity to go about lying or tricking others. If she says something you can take it at face value. Chafua has nothing to hide from anyone, nor could she effectively conceal the truth even if she wanted to. Words just aren't her thing. She's the rough and tough sort, and has since attached herself to Lawahka as some sort of personal body guard. Lawahka looks out for all her intellectual needs, while Chafua makes sure that her friend doesn't get into any trouble she can't get out of. It's been a good relationship for the both of them.

Image Song: Bad Reputation - Joan Jett

Scarred version

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:26 am

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Title - [Character) Link

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:07 pm

User Image

User Image

May it be the shadows call
Will fly away
May it be you journey on
To light the day
When the night is overcome
You may rise to find the sun

Name: Ukweli
Meaning: Truth
Bonded: Viza, female lanner falcon

Pride: Aka'mleli
Position in Pride: Seer
Personality: Ukweli has been around the pride since pretty much any of the current members can remember. And as far as they can remember, he has always been the same age: very old. Probably over 100 in lion years, such age comes with its own little perks. Having had to put up with endless numbers of cubs wanting to play with mane, tug on his ears and bat at his tail, the old seer has a kind of world-weary patience that applies to everything. He would rather be watchful and patient than rash. Rashness clouds judgement, and as one of the Three Seers, he has to remain calm at all times. This ability to remain calm even in a crisis is something that he has had to learn over the years, but it came easy enough what with having to sit through visions of untimely deaths. His original bird coached him through most of his earlier visions, allowing him to become familiar with seeing things outside the normal world. Thus, by the time the current pride met him, Ukweli was the ever patient, ever calm old man that they would come to know.

Aside from being patient, he is also incredibly well-mannered. His mother taught him well, and made sure that he grew up to be a lion of good elocution, at the very least. She told him that he must always be polite and courteous when dealing with others, whether or not they deserve it. You can only be responsible for your own manners, she would say. Ukweli did his best to live up to his mother's standards, and has kept up his polite and even temperament even when she died. To the interlopers he was always calm and considerate even when they did not warrant such behaviour. He treats all members of the pride equally and fairly, never favouring one member over the other. Favouritism would also sway his judgement, and thus he cannot allow himself to be partial to anyone. That is part of the reason he never took a mate. It would have made it hard for him to be fair in judging her should it come to that. Still, it would be safe to say that he loved all members of the pride equally and did not hold any past problems against them.

He was a kind and forgiving lion, with a sort of quiet nobility that shone through in his last hour. May he be remembered well. <3

Image Song: Enya - May It Be, Enya - Once You Had Gold
Notes: Is older than the current king Ubawa (watched him grow up), old friends with Hifadhi, was part of a three-seer group comprised of himself, Busara (‘Skill’), and Aminisha (‘Confidence’)

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:08 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

A Feeling of Unease - [Hifadhi + Ngao] Link *
A Morning Stroll Gone Wrong - [Kitisho + Ngao] Link *
Fly on the Wall - [Nyonda + Haja] Link *
Trusting in the Future - [Ngao] Link *
I'll Have My Way - [Msiba + Machafuko + Unyevu + Peke] Link *
Acta est fibula - [Self] Link *
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:54 pm

User Image
User Image

There's so much left to learn
And no one left to fight
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain
Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough

Name: Viza
Meaning: Curse
Bonded: Ukweli
Brief Personality: Very intelligent; was the daughter of the falcon who was Ukweli's first bonded; knowledgeable about seers and how best to care for them when they are 'seeing'; straight-forward; honest; loves freely; does not believe in hiding things; just; caring; has kept to herself after the death of her bonded, but will eventually return to the pride in the hopes of schooling the other seers
Image Song: Seether/Evanescence - Broken

RPs

Dawn Brings a New Day - [Ngware] Link *

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:34 pm

User Image
User Image

How can I decide what's right
When you're clouding up my mind?
I can't win your losing fight all the time
But you won't take away my pride.
No, not this time.

Name: Naamini
Meaning: I believe; I trust
Father: Msiba
Mother: Hisia
Siblings: Kamau
Bonded: Waza, female Egyptian Vulture

Pride: Aka'mleli
Position in Pride: Youth
Personality: Naamini, like her mother, is easily ruled by her emotions. Impulsive and bold, she very rarely stops to think about her actions or her words, too caught up in her emotions to care. Nothing in her life is inconsequential, and she is required to react to everything, especially when someone challenges her honour. Notoriously prideful, she lashes out at anyone who tries to shame her, determined to make them pay for even thinking that they could bring her down to their level. Shame is taken very seriously by Naamini, and she will not stand for any attempts to "take her down a notch." All attempts are punishable by her temper, something that most would try and avoid. Quick to anger, she skips irritation completely and moves straight to rage, her temper getting the better of her rational judgement on multiple occasions. Even afterwards, she shows little remorse for what she did while under the influence of her emotions. People should know better than to provoke her.

Beneath her rashness and her rather explosive exterior, Naamini is a very serious cub. Her situation has made her aware of the fact that things aren't always as they seem. The world is a very strange place, and she has taken an almost cynical view of it. Good people always seem to suffer at the hands of their manipulators, and yet they would turn around and defend their masters without even a second thought. It's like one giant ant colony. The workers work constantly for a queen who does nothing, but instead of complain they are totally devoted to her and would die for her at an instant's notice. Because of this, Naamini is a strong believer in being her own leader. She refuses to follow in her father's footsteps and become a manipulator of others. Even the mention of any resemblance to her father sets her off, as she denies any likeness to him. Still, she is curious about him, having heard so many different view points from the various pride members who remember what he has done. That is partially the reason she allows Waza to become her bonded, as the vulture promises to be a well of information about her mysterious father.

Image Song: Paramore - Decode

Stages:

User Image User Image User Image User Image
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:36 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP
* denotes abandoned RP

The Dynamic Duo - [Kamau] Link *
The Serious Twin - [Hisia] Link *
So You're a Healer, huh? - [Ashiki] Link *
Super Secret Pact! - [Kamau] Link
History Will Repeat Itself - [Waza] Link *
Shadows of the Past - [Chozi] Link
Title coming soon - [Jahina] Link

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:37 pm

User Image
User Image
You better join us
Before you get lost in the shuffle
You gotta rise against
The demons that are gonna try and hold you down
Does it run in your blood, to betray the ones you love?

Name: Waza
Meaning: Assume
Bonded: Naamini
Brief Personality: A little bit of a quirky vulture; very interested in the lioness she has bonded to; knew the vultures who worked for Naamini's father and is curious to see what his daughter will turn out to be; devoted; intelligent; quiet; honest; lets bygones be bygones; lets others choose their own fate and accepts her own
Image Song: Papa Roach - Blood

RPs:

History Will Repeat Itself - [Naamini] Link *
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:16 pm

User Image
User Image

Black and orange stray cat sittin' on a fence
Ain't got enough dough to pay the rent
I'm flat broke but I don't care
I strut right by with my tail in the air

Name: Wembembe
Meaning: wild bee
Father: Uhamisho
Mother: Mtima'safi
Siblings: Suramuni, Dalila'abadi, Mneme, Tredici Fidia, Hadassa

Pride: Gods
Position in Pride: God of Teaching
Personality: Wembembe is a pretty little god, and boy does he know it. It appears some of his mother's vanity has rubbed off on him, though not so much to the point that he thinks he's better than everyone else. He just thinks he's better than most creatures, especially mortals. As he grows up, this will probably progress until he becomes less self-centred and more self-assured. Becoming an adult and maturing a little will, no doubt, be good for him, but he spends most of his cub days making sure he is looking his best. He can often be found turning up his nose a little at any activity that would ruin his amazing mane, but cub curiousity and an itch to play in the end get the better of him.

Mortals, currently, are a near endless source of amusement for the young god. They're all so very full of themselves, thinking they're so talented and each one believes he's more special than the next. He enjoys watching them from afar, unknowingly picking up many of their skills as he does so. Seeing as he is still currently at the point in his life where he thinks he's better than them – or at least better at most things than them – he rarely associates with them. Instead, he enjoys comparing notes with his siblings, always enjoying a good story. Despite their wide range in domains, he has no ill-feelings directed towards any of his family, and as one of the only brothers, feels that it's somewhat of his duty to keep an eye out for them.

Temporary Powers:
- Well of Knowledge: Innate knowledge of unique skill sets and teachable skills. Skills cannot be added or subtracted from his repertoire. He is not skilled in them but he is able to teach them. Activated only when using Impart Skill.

- Inspire/Indoctrinate: Ability to influence individuals in his presence to believe a certain way of thinking, doctrine, or in a god. Temporary power. Will last for up to one RP after the individual has been inspired by Wembembe.

- Dunce Cap – Ability to make an individual believe him or herself to be stupid and un-teachable. Individual will be marked with a sign of shame, and will be unable to be taught any new skills by any individual. Temporary power. Will last for up to one RP after the individual has been cursed by Wembembe.

Permanent Power:
- Impart Skill: - Impart Skill: Wembembe can teach any mortal to become adept in any one of the skill sets he possesses. Limit to one skill per mortal. Any further skills taught to the individual by him will not be able to be mastered by the 'student'.

Image Song: Stray Cat Strut - Stray Cats

Stages:

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:17 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Quite the Family Reunion - [Wahabu + Shani] Link *
Why do I need to be taught? - [Burilda] Link
2B or not 2B - [Suramuni] Link

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:21 am

User Image

User Image

Mmer-hymm a rhee-a ka-n
Mmer-hymm a vl-a lu-ua
E-a hymm llay hey
A rhee o mmay

Name: Jinda
Meaning: precious
Father: N/A
Mother: N/A

Pride: None
Position in Pride: N/A
Personality: A lioness in the tail end of her prime, Jinda was once the shaman of a pride that lived near a forest oasis. Because of a large underground river, trees and plants were able to flourish there as they could not in the open savannah. Her pride dubbed this the Sacred Place, blessed by the Goddess of the Earth and given as a gift to the pride to care for. It was the job of the shamans to plant a tree for every new member of the pride, and to ensure that the old trees were well maintained. It was believed that the spirits of the elders could return to the living world in their trees to give advice and wisdom to the remaining pride members. If a tree fell, it was a sign that the pride member had passed over into the other world and would no longer return.

Jinda had been a shaman there for all of her life, dabbling into plant medicine in her spare time. It is also her believe that the trees can speak to those who are willing to listen, and has learned to interpret a great many things from the way in which the wind blows through the leaves. She has minor knowledge of fortune telling, and would have blessed cubs that were born in her home. Unfortunately, a fire burned down the Sacred Place and she was forced to leave. Jinda stumbled upon the Afia'Mti Sanctuary completely by accident, but has decided that the place suits her needs. She is a gentle, patient lioness who lives to care for others. Fighting is not her way, but she would not hesitate to defend her home or those in her care should they be threatened.

Image Song: Enya - The River Sings

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:22 am

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Flowers from Ashes - [Self] Link *
Shaman of the Trees - [Sikiakwa Moyo] Link *

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:23 am

User Image

User Image

I can feel a longing hiding right behind closed eyes
Ready to wake up, the time for sleeping bids good-bye
More than any lucky charm that sparkles far away
I'd rather have one thing all mine than fortune any day

Name: Themba (TEHM-bah)
Meaning: Trusted
Father: N/A
Mother: N/A
Mate: Mebsuta
Offspring: Bialuri, Penda'dafina, Shika'hodari, Kaa'ota

Pride: Rogue
Position in Pride: N/A
Personality: Growing up, Themba was an energetic if not spunky young cheetah with a passion for exploring. No rock was left unturned in her pursuit of knowledge, and no creature could stand in her way. She wanted to know the how's and why's of everything, loving stories of travel and adventure. As a child she often pretended she was a lion or a leopard, trying to play in the trees or stalk zebra in the grasses. More than once she ended up in a very sticky situation, but Themba always seemed to make it out virtually unscathed. She was already independent by the time she hit adolescence, dreaming of running across all of Africa. First she would visit the mountains, then the deserts, then stop by at the jungle, and then finally speed across the open plains. After all of that was done, maybe she would settle down with a mate and possibly have children. That was, if she could find someone she loved. Themba was not a creature who would do anything if she did not like it first.

Though many may criticise her for her choice in mate, the cheetah sees no reason why love cannot transcend species. Mebsuta is a wonderful lion, and it is no surprise that she fell head over heels in love with him. Like all things, Themba put her heart and soul into their relationship, which was a great success. It came as a surprise to both of them when she found out that she was pregnant, not knowing that lions and cheetahs could produce offspring at all. Still, it is not an unwelcome surprise, and Themba eagerly awaited the arrival of her cubs. She is a stout, passionate cheetah who believes very strongly in the truth. While she knows it is not a good idea to let her children wander too far, she does encourage them to seek out what they are passionate about and to live their life with no one telling them what they should or shouldn't do.

Image Song: Yu Yu Hakusho - Daydream Generation

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:24 am

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Growing up so fast - [Mebsuta] Link *

[OOC] Journals [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash