The standard... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OO23OO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:55 pm
boogiemonster

Books: Dune (All of them, new and old.), I am Legend, Wheel of time, All quite on the Western front, Most of R.A. Salvatore's stuff, many random SciFi/Horror that I can't remember.
What did you think of the I Am Legend movie?
I feel like one of my favorite novels of all time was raped, but that might be just me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:19 am
OO23OO
boogiemonster

Books: Dune (All of them, new and old.), I am Legend, Wheel of time, All quite on the Western front, Most of R.A. Salvatore's stuff, many random SciFi/Horror that I can't remember.
What did you think of the I Am Legend movie?
I feel like one of my favorite novels of all time was raped, but that might be just me.

I think it could have been better, and adhered to the book a little more, but it wasn't as bad as some book-to-movies such as Eragon.

I think they should have kept the deaths of the family and the dog as it was in the book. And the "guns do not affect them" part, too.  

lance vahari

+Gloria Domini+

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:17 am
Name: Aaron

Occupation: Wal-Mart, instock team (currently on a sort of "vacation," if you really need to know, just ask.)

Movies: Anchorman,
Boondock Saints,
Gangs of New York,
The Lord of the Rings
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Airplane!,
Blazing Saddles,
Dogma,
and many others that I don't own, and so can't be bothered to remember.

Music: I'll just stick to my most listened to stuff.
Rush
Metallica
Rammstein
Peter Gabriel
Hammerfall
Freedom Call

Books: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (I have the omnibus edition, with all 6 books)
Lord of the Rings, including the Hobbit and the Silmarillion,
Finnegans Wake
The Great Gatsby
All Quiet on the Western Front
White Fang
The Call of the Wild
Fahrenheit 451

Hobbies: The internet,
practicing swordplay with close friends,
and playing video games  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:28 am
+Gloria Domini+

Occupation: Wal-Mart, instock team (currently on a sort of "vacation," if you really need to know, just ask.)
Another Wal*Mart employee.

I hate that place so ******** much.  

OO23OO

+Gloria Domini+

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:24 am
OO23OO
+Gloria Domini+

I used to hate it, but after I started actually applying myself, and getting the recognition I deserve, it's not so bad. I still got fired because of my absences, but at least management did what they could to try to keep me. Basically, after the two weeks it takes for me to be eligible for rehire, they told me to reapply, and then give them a call and they'd get me back in ASAP. I'll even get to go first shift, when I was second shift before, and couldn't move because both shifts were shorthanded.

I still dislike Wal-mart as a company, but the people at this one are good, for the most part.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:29 am
+Gloria Domini+
OO23OO
+Gloria Domini+

I used to hate it, but after I started actually applying myself, and getting the recognition I deserve, it's not so bad. I still got fired because of my absences, but at least management did what they could to try to keep me. Basically, after the two weeks it takes for me to be eligible for rehire, they told me to reapply, and then give them a call and they'd get me back in ASAP. I'll even get to go first shift, when I was second shift before, and couldn't move because both shifts were shorthanded.

I still dislike Wal-mart as a company, but the people at this one are good, for the most part.
I've busted my balls there for ten months and I still don't get so much as a thank you.

As a company it's an abortion and the people that get an position higher than department manager are usually total douche bags.  

OO23OO

+Gloria Domini+

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:58 am
OO23OO
+Gloria Domini+
OO23OO
+Gloria Domini+

I've busted my balls there for ten months and I still don't get so much as a thank you.

As a company it's an abortion and the people that get an position higher than department manager are usually total douche bags.

I feel you, I didn't get any real recognition for over a year.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:25 pm
How much do ya'll get paid at Wal-Mart?

(I needs a yob.)  

Freak_090
Captain

Captain Bamf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:01 pm
What up? Just found Gaia Online a couple days ago, so far... pretty cool. I thought at first it was just another little kid thing like "Habbo Hotel", no offense to anyone's age. Quick background on me.
I'm from Tennessee, the "Volunteer state of shootin s**t!" I am currently unemployed. I just recently, and by that I mean, it has not even been a week yet, got out of a four year term in the Marine Corps. I was by MOS an Aviation Ordnance Technician. A 6531. I worked with the AV8B Harrier II ground support attack jet. I dealt mainly with the 25mm gun, AIM-9 missles, 500lb, 1000lb free fall bombs like the mk-45's, JDAM, AGM-65 Maverick's. Stuff like that. I did that for about a year and a half. I did about 7 or 8 months in Iraq as base security for Al Asad, I manned ECP-2 (Entry Control Point). Basically stopped, prevented illegal action, scanned/searched personnel and vehicles, prevent enemy action, stuff like that. There are some odd months in there I did various things, but not gonna mention all of them. Uh... yea well I'm back in TN now. I love guns, obviously. They are my hobby and my passion. Feel free to check out my stock in the other thread, should be up before anyone even reads this. Sure I like movies. I say I like reading books but I can only think of one I read. I like shooting. I like hunting, which happens to involve shooting... weird. I like drinking. muy mucho. I have four tattoos and plan on getting many more. I love video games like a crack-head loves the powder. As far as weapons I have used before, here's a quick list: many 12gauge shotguns including a tactical Benelli, .357 magnum revolver, Ruger M77 .243 bolt action rifle, AR-15 assault rifle, M-16 assault rifle, a couple 4-10 shotguns,1911 GI .45 pistol, M249 SAW 5.56mm machine gun, M240 7.62mm machine gun, .50 cal machine gun, AT-4 light armor rocket, MK-19 40mm auto-grenade launcher, M203 breach load 40mm grenade launcher, Savage .308 bolt action rifle. There's probably more but that's off the top of my head. Uh... ok I'm outa stuff to say, whatever... if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, I drank a bunch of Jack tonight, so I might ramble a bit. Glad to be here and hope to talk to some of you soon. I'm out  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:10 pm
Name: Afrocat will do just fine. The internet allows me to have an alias, thank you very much.

Movies:

2046, Akira, American Gangster, Appleseed, A Tale of Two Sisters, Audition, Baise-Moi, Battle Royale (series), Barbarella, Blade Runner, Blood Diamond, Blow, City of God, Children of Men, Cleopatra Jones, A Clockwork Orange, Coffy, Curse of the Golden Flower, The Darjeeling Limited, Domino, Do the Right Thing, Dumplings, Electroma, Evolution, Factory Girl, Fight Club, Foxxy Brown, Ghost in the Shell (series), Gozu, Goldmember, La Haine, Hancock, The Happiness of the Katakuris, Harry Potter (series), Helter Skelter, Infernal Affairs (series), Jackie Brown, Juno, Kidulthood, Kill Bill (series), Lady Vengeance, The Last King of Scotland, Lord of War, The Machinist, Machuca, Malcom X, The Matrix (series), Monster's Ball, The Motorcycle Diaries, A Night at the Roxbury, Oldboy, The Proposition, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Ringu, Rushmore, Slacker, Star Wars (original trilogy), Sunshine, Super Bad, Super Fly, St. Trinian's, Starship Troopers, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Taxidermia, Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Trainspotting, Tsotsi, Twelve Monkeys, The Warriors, Waynes World (series).

I love blaxploitation and world cinema...

Music: Funk, Electro and Dance, plus politically informed rap.

Books: Are a load of crap? Or Lolita, The Wind-up Bird Chronicle and Paradise Lost.

Hobbies: Mainly films and drinking. An interest of mine that I couldn't call a hobby is charity work.

loIitoads

Sgt_Sandwich1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:58 pm
De Internets gives me the soverign right to allow anonymous, therefore I shall remain (partially).

Name: Ginger

Occupation: Unemployed (applying at Albertson's, McDonald's, and Wendy's).

Movies: All of the Star Wars movies and the LOTR Trilogy.

Music: Disturbed, Metallica, 3 Day's Grace, 3 Doors Down, Nickelback.

Books: Enter the Past Tense, the Eragon cycle, the LOTR Trilogy, any Star Wars book.

Hobbies, Modding nerf guns, swordfighting, researching and firing guns (although I don't get to fire that much), writing.
ninja stare  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:30 am
Panzerfaust99
Name- Andrew
Age- 22
Occupation- Police Officer
Interested in- WW2 reenacting, History, war, guns.
The car I drive- 2007 Dodge Charger
Movies- All the Dirty Harry movies, A bridge too far, the Great Escape, Stalingrad, Das Boot, the Eagle has landed, All the Die Hards, James Bond, can name them all.
Music- WW2 German military marches, music form the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's.

Woot blaugh x]  

Dr Efficiency

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:33 am
Im the God Complex
Panzerfaust99
Name- Andrew
Age- 22
Movies- All the Dirty Harry movies, A bridge too far, the Great Escape, Stalingrad, Das Boot, the Eagle has landed, All the Die Hards, James Bond, can name them all.
Music- WW2 German military marches, music form the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's.

Woot blaugh x]

Moot.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:46 am
OberFeldwebel
Im the God Complex
Panzerfaust99
Name- Andrew
Age- 22

Woot blaugh x]

Moot.

Soot?

Name - Mike.
Age - 14
Occupation - Student. Going into Grade Nine to be exact.
Movies/Music - Metal for music (Disturbed, System of a Down etc.) Movies: The new Dawn of the Dead, Star Wars, stuff like that.
Hobbies - Writing, the internets, reading, Knives and such.
Dream job(s) - Not quite sure, thinking of leaning towards SWAT.
Favorite firearm type - Sniper Rifles.
Favorite desert - Pie  

Dr Efficiency

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:00 pm
Im the God Complex
Favorite desert - Pie
The Pie Desert? Sounds like a sweet place to live. xd  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]