Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
The Great Vampires vs Werewolves Debate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Vampire (werewolves next!)
Dracula
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Eric Northman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Edward Cullen
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Sanguini from Harry Potter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:02 pm
So I’m sorry that I’m not a perfect romance
Do me one favor and save me the last dance
Do me a favor and save the last dance for me

I don’t want to be a werewolf on Valentines Day
It’s so lonely being a werewolf on Valentines Day
I don’t want to be alone on Valentines Day...

*sniff* poor Lupin...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:08 pm
Sita Carew

*sniff* poor Lupin...

Did you read the last book in the Harry Potter Series? Lupin does find love. Tonks and him fall in love and get married. Lupin, even though is a werewolf, wont be alone for Valentines Day. So stop saying that all werewolfs are lonely because they arent  

Gallivespian

Erynion Leafblade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:27 am
To be truthful there is not much difference in my eyes between them. They both can act like animals when feeding and can both be noble when they wish to be.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:13 pm
Erynion Leafblade
To be truthful there is not much difference in my eyes between them. They both can act like animals when feeding and can both be noble when they wish to be.

true that true that  

Gallivespian

Sanome Princess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:15 pm
heart Vampires are pretty much what I read about 3nodding
"werewolves have fleas and beg for their food"(some deviant story I read ago).  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:49 am
Vampires do seem to be an atraction for the female gender; and I can see their reasons. Vampires can often choose whether or not they want to be evil so they may not kill their victims, only bite to survive. They do tend to be described as beautiful men or women which enhances their popularity. Vampires can often side with the main protaganists in the stories, often taking the role of the reluctent hero, which I like a lot. They also have a wider sense of mystery to them, where as werewolves are known to turn evil at the full moon.

In Harry Potter Lupin was probably my 5th favourite character (not down grading him thier, but 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th had character who I just preferred to Lupin) becuase he was a werewold but otherwise a normal perosn. I find with werewolves that thye are either mad people who enjoy the full moon or normal people who can't help their curse. Vampires tend ot be either aristocrats or normal people who have had thier feelings changed to adapt to their new monstorus curse. Werewolves have no choice but lividly carry on attacking when the full moon where as a vampire has the choice on whether it wants to stop. So vampires can be seen as more decent in that they have thie own feelings at all times, but more often than not a werewolf can't help it's inner emotions. But all in all, I prefer vampires, mostly because their night time wandering is awesome.

Although.... what about a vampire that is also a werewolf........  

Renos-fangirl247

Gallivespian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:45 am
Renos-fangirl247
Vampires do seem to be an atraction for the female gender; and I can see their reasons. Vampires can often choose whether or not they want to be evil so they may not kill their victims, only bite to survive. They do tend to be described as beautiful men or women which enhances their popularity. Vampires can often side with the main protaganists in the stories, often taking the role of the reluctent hero, which I like a lot. They also have a wider sense of mystery to them, where as werewolves are known to turn evil at the full moon.

In Harry Potter Lupin was probably my 5th favourite character (not down grading him thier, but 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th had character who I just preferred to Lupin) becuase he was a werewold but otherwise a normal perosn. I find with werewolves that thye are either mad people who enjoy the full moon or normal people who can't help their curse. Vampires tend ot be either aristocrats or normal people who have had thier feelings changed to adapt to their new monstorus curse. Werewolves have no choice but lividly carry on attacking when the full moon where as a vampire has the choice on whether it wants to stop. So vampires can be seen as more decent in that they have thie own feelings at all times, but more often than not a werewolf can't help it's inner emotions. But all in all, I prefer vampires, mostly because their night time wandering is awesome.

Although.... what about a vampire that is also a werewolf........

A vampire that is also a werewolf.... hmm. Actually that is a very interesting concept. Imagine reading a story with a main character that is both a vampire and a werewolf. Personally, I think that would be a very interesting book. Like, it was majestic and noble (the vampire) while it was strong and daring (the werewolf) I am surprise they havent made a book like that, or atleast one that I havent heard of yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:32 pm
Well, again, in Underworld there's a character who's both a vampire and a werewolf (Underworld seems to have everything, doesn't it? Hahaha). He turns blue o_O

As for the debate, I have to go with vampire, but that's probably because in "popular culture" today vampires are usually (usually) portrayed as the better of the two. For instance, the movie Cursed, about werewolves, does werewolves no justice whatsoever. They were kind of like incubi/succubi close to the full moon, though, which was pretty interesting.

I love Remus Lupin, don't get me wrong. But JKR makes him seem... weak. Really, no offense. It's not like he could help it sweatdrop If-and this seems extremely corny- werewolves could "become one" with their wolf, I think that would be absolutely amazing. They'd definitely be a force to behold.

But, my side's been taken. Vampires all the way ^_^ Mostly for the reasons everyone's listed. Now, if only Gaia could have our avatar's look like vampires with our regular eye color... stare  

DarknessApproaches39

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:25 am
Gallivespian
Sita Carew

*sniff* poor Lupin...

Did you read the last book in the Harry Potter Series? Lupin does find love. Tonks and him fall in love and get married. Lupin, even though is a werewolf, wont be alone for Valentines Day. So stop saying that all werewolfs are lonely because they arent

Gallivespian
A vampire that is also a werewolf.... hmm. Actually that is a very interesting concept. Imagine reading a story with a main character that is both a vampire and a werewolf.

Ever seen Underworld?

And that was a HARRY POTTER SEVEN SPOILER earlier! And exactly WHERE did I say all werewolves were sad? I could've sworn all I did was quote a song and talk about Lupin... I really like the band The Remus Lupins.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:44 pm
Sita Carew
Gallivespian
Sita Carew

*sniff* poor Lupin...

Gallivespian
A vampire that is also a werewolf.... hmm. Actually that is a very interesting concept. Imagine reading a story with a main character that is both a vampire and a werewolf.

Ever seen Underworld?

And that was a HARRY POTTER SEVEN SPOILER earlier! And exactly WHERE did I say all werewolves were sad? I could've sworn all I did was quote a song and talk about Lupin... I really like the band The Remus Lupins.

I'm sure that there are some very happy werewolves in literature. Remus is definetly one of them. biggrin  

Lhia Dunwaith

kanani_star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:11 pm
Sita Carew

You implied it with that poem. Oh and if you haven't read the seventh book by now you should have it spoiled. It's been eight months. If you haven't read it to bad.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:03 pm
kanani_star
Sita Carew

You implied it with that poem. Oh and if you haven't read the seventh book by now you should have it spoiled. It's been eight months. If you haven't read it to bad.

Not everyone is as big a Harry Potter fan as you or I. You have no right to spoil it because YOU think you have a right to.

As for the song lyrics, I'm sorry if they were taken as a werewolf slight. They were a fanfiction about Remus at school. And I I feel like I must have been responding to someone else's post about sad werewolves.  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Gallivespian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:11 pm
Sita Carew
kanani_star
Sita Carew

Not everyone is as big a Harry Potter fan as you or I. You have no right to spoil it because YOU think you have a right to.

As for the song lyrics, I'm sorry if they were taken as a werewolf slight. They were a fanfiction about Remus at school. And I I feel like I must have been responding to someone else's post about sad werewolves.

Hey I am just saying, sorry for the spoiler but like seriously, i htought u knew!!! i mean with a poem like that? Whatever sorry  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:21 pm
Gallivespian
Sita Carew
kanani_star
Sita Carew

Hey I am just saying, sorry for the spoiler but like seriously, i htought u knew!!! i mean with a poem like that? Whatever sorry
I finished it thirteen hours after it was released. My friend hasn't even read book six.  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Gallivespian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:21 pm
Sita Carew
Gallivespian
Sita Carew
kanani_star
Sita Carew

I finished it thirteen hours after it was released. My friend hasn't even read book six.

beats my record *claps for you* anyway but that is like the smae with all my friends, they havent even read like book 3!  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff