Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
gay marriage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:54 pm
I remember hearing something of it over NPR (National Public Radio) on the way to school once, but that was (oh, gods...) seven years ago?
(My, I feel so very old...)
b  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:07 pm
I was here...

Bellabie

I don't mean to stifle you, but the gold, tiny text was a bit hard to read (for me) as a block...
heart
b

Ergh, yeah. For some reason, Firefox got messed up and lost my "Viva la evolucion!" format which was easier to read. And I can't make it stop autoformatting to the gold one >.<

I'll figure it out eventually sweatdrop Goddamn firefox toolbars.... User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...and then I was gone.

Anochaa
Crew

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:13 pm
Oh!
I was wondering how you managed to format it every time. Hee hee, heart
b  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:45 pm
Personally, I'm wondering how Ano-chan has access to more emoticons than we do...  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:45 pm
Anochaa has no more than we.
You'll notice, those emoticons are linked images hosted elsewhere.
b  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:15 pm
I was here...

Yep ^^ They're a pack that come with the Gaiarch toolbar. There are like 200 of them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...and then I was gone.

Anochaa
Crew

Bellabie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:20 pm
There was some silly show (I do not remember which) that talked about republicanism and gay rights. There were a group of gay men that wished to be accepted as republicans and hey did make a valid point.
Very. Very. Low. Abortion. Rate.
xp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:13 am
Bellabie
There was some silly show (I do not remember which) that talked about republicanism and gay rights. There were a group of gay men that wished to be accepted as republicans and hey did make a valid point.
Very. Very. Low. Abortion. Rate.
xp

*laughs* ha! i bet!  

scintillio

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:39 pm
Quote:
And as far as whether or not something is theoretical or not, that shouldn't really matter. Everything in science is a theory since nothing can really be proved indefinitely. Even gravity is a theory and I'd like to see anyone try to argue with the fact that we aren't floating around in space so there must be something holding us down.

You apparently misunderstand the definition of a theory in scientific terms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory#Science

Quote:
A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena. It originates from or is supported by experimental evidence. In this sense, a theory is a systematic and formalized expression of all previous observations which is predictive, logical and testable.

Gravity is a fact (ever heard of the "Law of Gravity?") The mechanics of gravity, how it does what it does, is the "theory" part of it. Same with evolution.

And If everything in science is nothing but a theory, then why are there scientific laws?

Just wanted to clear some things up.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:48 pm
People used to dub things as laws because they made the assumption that they had proved and knew all there was to know pertaining to a subject.
Quote:
Modern physics describes gravitation using the general theory of relativity, but the much simpler Newton's law of universal gravitation provides an excellent approximation in most cases.

-- Gravitation, Wikipedia.org

Well, sir, I believe you are incorrect. Do tell me if I am wrong, but Laws are not all law at all. Newton's "Laws" are not what I had meant when referring to gravity which is, in fact, still based very much on theory.
b  

Bellabie

Anochaa
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:08 pm
I was here...

Yeah. And after reading ANY philosophy, you realize that nothing can ever be proven. Ever. Doesn't matter what it is, it still can't be sufficiently proven since all knowledge is based on perception and perception is subjective and therefore can be altered.

Read some Kant. Or pretty much anyone else. Hell, even if you just think about it, that slowly becomes apparent.

Philosophy hurts my brain.

...and then I was gone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:32 pm
Does it, dear?
It fascinates me.
I love how there are so many ideas of how to live or be happy or, even, find the missing side of a triangle. It reminds me of the many paths in life and how, it seems, yet, there is no "right way" to fulfillment.
sweatdrop
(I do, though have to present a Philosopher for a class...)
Suggestions? (Some are "taken" already, so more than one recommendation would be appreciated.
b  

Bellabie

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:13 pm
Life is like trying to assemble a puzzle without being able to see the picture on the box. And this is no child's puzzle, mind you; 'tis the ultmate jigsaw, with a number of pieces far greater than most savants and mathematicians can count to.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:15 pm
I'm going to be really technical here.... Gay Marriage is basically and oxymoron. Why you mas ask, well, you see, the definition of the word marriage is the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc. And well, if it is a Gay wedding.... then it isn't a man AND a woman. So I am against Gay Marriage but for Gay Union, basically the same thing, just technically correct. I'm a stickler for details, I know.  

peridot1

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces