Magickal Tattoos Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:34 pm
I'm not a fan of pain, either. It was just something that happened, I guess, and not something I'd like to repeat through those means.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:51 pm
I have one tattoo, and it really wasn't as bad as most people, including myself, made it seem. I thought it was gonna hurt like hell, but I came to realize, afterwards, that I had really exaggerated the whole thing only because I didn't know what to expect. Just like when I got my nose peirced, lol. It took me a whole 30 minutes to gain up the courage to let the lady stick me, but it felt like absolutely nothing had happened afterwards. But it is true that different people react differently to pain, but I believe it's mostly in your head.

Anywho, my tattoo is on my wrist, it's a triquetra
whee  

Witken

ketrovin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:21 am
In my experiance, a tatoo with a certian pattern, can bind you tothings or bind thgings to you, so it seesm a dangerous idea to get a tatoo, say, over your heart, in some cases.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:07 pm
I think (personally) that would probably exceptionally heart, as well, for the skin and muscle layer isn't very thick there. xp  

Jameta
Captain

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:28 am
Well, unless it was representitive of a shield or similar. That way it's sole purpose would be protection of self. 3nodding Tattoos are quite spiritual in cultures across the globe, especially in more, *ahem...LOL* shamanistic cultures. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:54 am
blukattt
Tattoos are quite spiritual in cultures across the globe, especially in more, *ahem...LOL* shamanistic cultures. wink

That was one of the many things I thought of when I was considering my tattoo. I've also used some temp. tattoo in magickal workings before. Mainly a magic marker drawing some runes on my forearm before an exam to help the recollection of information.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:40 am
I know the feeling. Say a rune in pen might be a better choice than a tattoo for a while. You can decide whether or not you like it, and renew it whenver you want.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:34 pm
That's how I used to study kanji, lol- just drew it on my arm so that I saw it every day, and by the time it had faded I was able to recognize it on sight.^_^ I also liked to think that they functioned in an amuletic manner.  

WebenBanu

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:49 pm
WebenBanu
That's how I used to study kanji, lol- just drew it on my arm so that I saw it every day, and by the time it had faded I was able to recognize it on sight.^_^ I also liked to think that they functioned in an amuletic manner.
3nodding That's a good idea!

I only have the one tattoo right now>(^_^)< on the back of my neck. I prefer more iconic tats, as opposed to picturesque ones.

The only exception; my next tattoo will be the blue cat you see in my siggy, right between my shoulder blades. A good friend of mine drew it for me for Yule last year. whee heart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:26 pm
Does anyone have any pictures of really creative pentagrams? Im getting one on the top of my left breast, and im getting a bleeding heart, my name, and a barbwire across my arm somewhere else  

QueenCrystal

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:32 pm
Hmm, I don't have any that would be decent for tattoos. That's one thing to keep in mind in your search; not all images are tattoo-friendly. Find a decent tattoo artist with a good reputation, and ask them about it. Chances are, if they've been doing it for awhile they will have some to choose from, or they can network with their peers about it.

I would try Googling for the pentacles as well. As far as the bleeding heart et al., I've seen a lot of "flash" (a style of tattoos, already drawn, all tat shops have them) that include much of what you had described. Check them out first, or once again, google "tattoo flash".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:50 pm
blukattt
Hmm, I don't have any that would be decent for tattoos. That's one thing to keep in mind in your search; not all images are tattoo-friendly. Find a decent tattoo artist with a good reputation, and ask them about it. Chances are, if they've been doing it for awhile they will have some to choose from, or they can network with their peers about it.

I would try Googling for the pentacles as well. As far as the bleeding heart et al., I've seen a lot of "flash" (a style of tattoos, already drawn, all tat shops have them) that include much of what you had described. Check them out first, or once again, google "tattoo flash".
Thanks, good advice. BTW, do you have any tats? I just really want a good pentagram, Cause....I love my boobies, and I love Wicca, so why now mix the two XD!

I know alot of tattoo artists, which is why I have so many piercings ( Eyebrow pierced, Lip pierced, ears pierced 6 times )

QueenCrystal

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:36 am
blukattt
I only have the one tattoo right now>(^_^)< on the back of my neck. I prefer more iconic tats, as opposed to picturesque ones.

The only exception; my next tattoo will be the blue cat you see in my siggy, right between my shoulder blades. A good friend of mine drew it for me for Yule last year. whee heart
^ blu's tats. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:03 am
Jameta
blukattt

^ blu's tats. whee
Heck yeah! To me, "blu kattt" isn't just a clever screen name, it's my "real" name. 3nodding In fact, I hope to someday change it legally.  

blukattt
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:56 am
blukattt
Jameta
blukattt

^ blu's tats. whee
Heck yeah! To me, "blu kattt" isn't just a clever screen name, it's my "real" name. 3nodding In fact, I hope to someday change it legally.
I can just see the face on the judge presiding over that.

neutral  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces