Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
So, for the first time in a long time... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:35 pm
TheBasementDweller
nitnit
Please use some spacing in your arguments, it makes it a little more readable wink

That aside, sure, if something like that occurs then the person with the higher IVs will win. However, it is as likely to get a 29 in your IV stat as it is to get a 31. ((lower numbers are not more probable since it's random. With selective breeding, you can get an infernape with a 31 in attack and speed with a day's work))

Is it easier to plug in some numbers into pokesav then spend a day? Of course it is. All I'm saying is that you can't stop people from using pokesav, so if you want to play the game seriously, either get pokesav yourself, or be prepared to spend hours on end.

All I'm saying is cheating is cheating regardless of how you trivialize it. rolleyes If you want to play the game seriously you wouldn't be hacking since that's not technically playing the game.

This is precisely why I never care for these games that are so easily abused by hackers and thus why I will be ditching it in favor of Brawl if the Wi-fi is good.

neutral

Brawl will be much worse. People play pokemon as a strategy game and cheat to save time. People who cheat in games like Halo and Brawl use cheats to make themselves invincible, auto-ko's, etc etc. It will be much worse than pokemon.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:38 pm
We're talking about the actual competitive battle, that's the game that we're playing. We're not playing the "run around while ditto and infernape have sex in the day care center".

We're playing "Figure out if that salamence is a specsmence or a DDmence, if I don't choose right it will set up or kill my wall thus leaving me open to an attack, although I could send in my gyarados who can absorb the hit then ice fang, but if it is a specsmence, then blissey can come in and use ice beam"

Also, Brawl will be even worse with hackers. At least in pokemon there's such thing as "legit" hacking or "legal" hacking as some call it. Unless brawl actually has active mods, or built in safeguards that work ((unlikely for nintendo)), people can give themselves infinite health, auto 1HKOs with any attacks, all sorts of crap. For a prime example of this, see Metroid Prime Hunters.  

nitnit
Captain

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:43 pm
nitnit
We're talking about the actual competitive battle, that's the game that we're playing. We're not playing the "run around while ditto and infernape have sex in the day care center".

We're playing "Figure out if that salamence is a specsmence or a DDmence, if I don't choose right it will set up or kill my wall thus leaving me open to an attack, although I could send in my gyarados who can absorb the hit then ice fang, but if it is a specsmence, then blissey can come in and use ice beam"

Also, Brawl will be even worse with hackers. At least in pokemon there's such thing as "legit" hacking or "legal" hacking as some call it. Unless brawl actually has active mods, or built in safeguards that work ((unlikely for nintendo)), people can give themselves infinite health, auto 1HKOs with any attacks, all sorts of crap. For a prime example of this, see Metroid Prime Hunters.

Yeah, the hacks will be worse, but they are blaringly obvious. Just disconnect and don't play them move on to the next rinse and repeat, besides Wi-fi is just practice for the TGC tournies to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:44 pm
Also, just another quick note since Dweller is contentiously trying to put down my logic here's a couple points:

He talks about tournys banning them:

When I went to my gamestop tourney, I told the guy straight up that I use an action replay, and he didn't care because the stats were legit, and he'd know I'd win with strategy.

He also mentions leading a wifi team and Princess Nayru ((another player he is in love with or something)), how are either of those points related at all?  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:46 pm
TheBasementDweller
nitnit

Yeah, the hacks will be worse, but they are blaringly obvious. Just disconnect and don't play them move on to the next rinse and repeat, besides Wi-fi is just practice for the TGC tournies to me.

Anyways, as I've said before, welcome to the real world of competitive pokemon battling. You can either:

- Spend hours on end
- Get pokesav
- Play shoddy
- Quit

Have a nice day biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:49 pm
nitnit
TheBasementDweller
nitnit

Anyways, as I've said before, welcome to the real world of competitive pokemon battling. You can either:

- Spend hours on end
- Get pokesav
- Play shoddy
- Quit

Have a nice day biggrin

Competitive? Yeah whatever you say when anyone can just hack thier way to the top I hardly call that competitive, but whatever.  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 pm
Note that most of our activity comes from E-Drama and arguements surprised
Why can't we all be friends guys?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:52 pm
I'll make you a deal. Send me a list of up to 10 pokemon you want, any legal movesets, IVs, EVs, natures etc. all that jazz, and I'll make it for you on pokesav, and trade it back to you.

Unless you're much better than I think you are, I'm about 90% sure that barring luck, I'll beat you.

In fact, if the whole "well you've seen my team" thing is a problem ((part of why I offered to make you 10)), we can both show each other our teams before the battle via trade.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:54 pm
people seem to think seeing your team makes you easy to beat all of a sudden. thats like me saying I have seen the best pokemon battler's team once, and now I can easily beat him because I have devised some stupid strategy. If your team is good enough, the same person could see it five thousand times, heck you could post everying about it on the team rate, and you will still be able to win.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:55 pm
confused Why have you yet to understand that strategy rules at the end of the day? Thats the point we are all trying to make.  

Jonnnn

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:56 pm
nitnit
I'll make you a deal. Send me a list of up to 10 pokemon you want, any legal movesets, IVs, EVs, natures etc. all that jazz, and I'll make it for you on pokesav, and trade it back to you.

Unless you're much better than I think you are, I'm about 90% sure that barring luck, I'll beat you.

In fact, if the whole "well you've seen my team" thing is a problem ((part of why I offered to make you 10)), we can both show each other our teams before the battle via trade.

No. People are too generous to me. I want to do thing on my own. I respect you for offering, although I will have to decline.
Plus, I know that you can easily beat me anyday rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:57 pm
Pheonix - I was talking to Dweller, sorry not you xD

Jonnnn
confused Why have you yet to understand that strategy rules at the end of the day? Thats the point we are all trying to make.

Probably because Dweller most likely has close to 0 actual battling experience.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:58 pm
biggrin
PhoenixBlade983
nitnit

No. People are too generous to me. I want to do thing on my own. I respect you for offering, although I will have to decline.

I think he is talking to Dweller  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:59 pm
nitnit
Pheonix - I was talking to Dweller, sorry not you xD

Jonnnn

Probably because Dweller most likely has close to 0 actual battling experience.

Umm..I was kidding?
No sorry for some reason I always think that people are always referring to me sweatdrop Doesn't make a difference anyways confused  

PhoenixBlade983

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:00 pm
Jonnnn
biggrin
PhoenixBlade983
nitnit

I think he is talking to Dweller

I noticed that sweatdrop I always get confused in huge convos like these.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff