• Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:34 pm
User Image

I've got my ticket for the long way 'round
The one with the prettiest of views
It's got mountains, it's got rivers
It's got sights to make you shiver
But it sure would be prettier with you...

Quote:
.:: Shakizah - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: Rogue
Pride Rank: n/a
Mate: n/a - seeking
Flings: Maybe
Personality: Very whimsical. Shakizah's life is her music and always has been, aside from family. She'd often sing for them simply because it made her happy, and put smiles on their faces. She and her siblings lost their mother when they were fairly young to illness. She began to wander the continent as an adolescent while still trying to cope with the loss. She found that there is a song in everything nature has to offer, and believes that she can still hear her mother's voice in the rising and the setting of the sun. She now believes that nature's melody, particularly moments like those, are the symphony of the souls that have departed. It might sound a bit morbid to others but she takes comfort in that thought.

With this she's found peace of her own making, and has learned to take life very much in stride. What will happen will happen, and eventually everyone will join the chorus of life's cycle.

She's actually a rather friendly and cheery individual. Though she's not particularly energetic or outgoing she will happily make conversation with just about anyone. There's nearly always a content expression on her face, and she has a fluid way of moving. She can often be found singing to the sun and moon, or just out loud to herself as she walks.

Looking for: I know it might be asking a little bit much, but I'm looking for a mate who Shakizah can be a sort of muse for. I think that it would be a lot of fun to play that out and Shakizah is just the right SOA for that part. To be clear I'm looking for a romance where Shakizah's musical inclining would be appreciated, a male who will sort of indulge and/or humor her whimsical manners (sudden detours or side trips in the middle of a walk, stopping to chat with and possibly help out random strangers, randomly picking up a song out of the silence, and not being annoyed or put off if she asks them for help in the middle of composing a song). She is a creature of whim and indulgence and seems to have both few and many habits at the same time. Her mate will need to be not only OKAY with that, but I'd really rather it be something that they really like about her. I don't want her to simply be tolerated because of her good looks- you know?

Otherwise personality is 100% flexible. They can be serious, they can be her opposite in some ways, they can be her match in many ways, or all ways, or they could be someone troubled. We can work out details as I think Shakizah is really a very easy fit, herself. I've just got my own specific wants.

Shakizah is one of my favorite SOA, look wise, but her coat is very plain. For that reason I'd like to find a potential mate with very nice markings to contrast that. The markings don't have to be either super complicated or simple (but they can be), as long as they're distinct.

I'm not all that picky about colors, all I ask is no eye-seering colors (especially not in combination) unless they're natural or somehow counterbalanced. They can be glowy, naturals, brights, darks, etc. but looks will play a big role for me since she's one of the SOA I'd eventually like to breed.

Note: Her edits can be passed on at colorist discretion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:31 am
User Image

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you...

Quote:
.:: Adiva'Bat-Sheva - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: n/a; formerly Ukucha'Wafalame
Pride Rank: n/a; formerly Beybanu
Mate: n/a; formerly Ameer
Flings: No
Personality: At a very young age Adiva was delivered to the Ukuchu'Wafalame in order to honor a promise that her mother, the goddess of Sacrifice once made. She was born to the Dawnwalkers originally, had a sister, and was the daughter of the high priest. Her entire world revolved around her family then, though her memories of them used to be faint. Once her powers began to awaken she was able to use her visions to rediscover and maintain contact with her sister, who is also a seeress.

She is an incredibly dedicated female, and was raised and groomed by sultan Ali's harem to become Ameer's beybanu one day. She's got a sweet nature and is a skilled huntress. Though she's lacking a little in confidence from lack of experience she's very sure of her moral upbringing and what she wants- or she thinks she is. Beyond that she can seem a little timid and needs a bit of fleshing out.

She's still at the moment incredibly loyal to him and the ways of the U'W, meaning that she believes females and males each have their respective places. Though she loves her birth family dearly and respects them their ways are not and have never truly been her own. She will argue the point politely if challenged- until she's really challenged about it.

Looking for: OOC'ly it seems like the U'W are drifting apart, and I don't want to see this girl collecting dust. I'd like to find a mate for her who has similar ideals to the U'W, though I'd also settle for other plot ideas if they're good. I'm also still sorting out the HOW of her no longer being with the U'W.

Adiva isn't going to make it easy, either. She's still holding onto the idea that the U'W aren't done for, that she'll find her way back to them, and is warring between the hope that Ameer will take her back and the fear that she's become worthless and unworthy to be at his side as beybanu, or even a banu. She still loves him and whoever is offered will either have to be patient and work to get her over that, or we could try to plot something that's a lot more stretched out over a long journey and is mutual/accidental. Maybe someone to offer to help her find her way back, and they have that accidental romance along the way?

Just know that she absolutely will not go for a male who can't stand up for the two of them (if he wants to) and has to be babied. Whether or not he wants her to stand up for herself is a different matter entirely, that's fine, she can do that! She doesn't HAVE to be treated like glass, but please don't offer any childish characters for her. She is not the dominant type.

Note:

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:32 am
User Image

So what?
We don't look, we don't act, we don't walk, we don't talk like you do
So what if we hang just to hang, ain't no shame
We're gonna do what we want to cause
We come from everywhere, searching for one to care
Somehow we found it here, we found us a home...

Quote:
.:: Matifu (II)- About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: n/a; formerly Dawnwalkers » bound for Pridelands
Pride Rank: n/a; formerly Guardian
Mate: n/a; seeking
Personality: Matifu is really only like her name sake in a few aspects. Friendly, easy going, and extremely dedicated and loyal to her pride. These days her pride is not only a literal pride, but her group of friends (Maa-nefer, Kinyago, Jian Xue, and Amavasi) as well. Though they have age differences they're an extremely close-knit bunch and somehow found their way together back in the Dawnwalkers a few years ago. They've been inseparable since.

Matifu is always one of the ones laughing the loudest, talking the most, and pursuing challenges first- not because she's a reckless loud mouth but in terms of quality of life. She's a vivacious spirit and prefers to be out there enjoying things with her friends.

She's confident, and more of a tomboy than anything. She had the opportunity to follow in her father's and grandfather's footsteps as a huntress for the Dawnwalker, was even expected to as the eldest of her litter, but she wanted other things and convinced them to allow her to become a guardian instead- the first in their family line. She worked hard to make them both proud, and succeeded, but was devastated later when her grandfather passed on.

She would follow her friends anywhere, and when Maa-nefer expressed a desire to see the rest of the world it was immediately put to a vote within the group. Matifu would have gone no matter what, because she and Maa-nefer are sisters in all but blood and if she went then Matifu was going. They took it to their friends, though, and it was decided that they would see what other lands had to offer and make their way towards the Pridelands along the way since Kinyago and Amavasi hadn't been "home" in ages. Jian Xue and Matifu also had business there as she knew of at least some family members that needed to know of her grandfather's passing, and Jian wanted to try to find out what had become of his aunt, Nukta's mother and Amavasi's great-great grandmother.

Looking for: General RP, MORE FRIENDS! Also a mate plot would be really great, to be honest, but I don't really know what I'd be looking for with her. She comes from an upbringing that taught her marriage before cubs, so even though they don't marry in the Pridelands whoever it is would need to be okay with being life-mated at least.

Again, I'm not entirely sure what would work for her personality-wise so I'm open to ideas. I do want to find someone with complimentary colors if possible, though (and I'm not interested in doing throwbacks or randoms for that reason).

Note: Pending acceptance; rolled - not a seer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:33 am
User Image

And I'll be gone, gone tonight
The ground beneath my feet is open wide
The way that I've been holding on too tight
With nothing in between...

Quote:
.:: Amali-Rajua - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: n/a; formerly Dawnwalkers
Pride Rank: n/a; formerly training to be Vizier
Mate: n/a; seeking (widowed)
Flings: Yes
Personality: Amali is the sort of lion that others would look to as a leader, not because he possessed any spectacular leadership qualities, but because he's dependable. While he was a member of prides in the past others would seek him out for advice and favors on a regular basis, knowing that they wouldn't be turned out in the cold. Even if he wasn't able to fulfill the request itself he could often point them in the right direction.

When he was a young male just barely on the cusp of his prime he had a full life. He had a pride that he was a respected member of, he had his parents, a twin brother, and a beautiful mate and daughter (Amirah). Sadly, like many others have experienced that was nearly all taken from him by a stroke of plague. The king and his parents were among many of the first to fall and as the queen and many of the remaining pride members continued to sucumb to the illness the surviving pride members were forced to try to relocate. They thought at first that they were unaffected, but months after leaving the lands, their daughter having barely just made it into her juvenile months Amali's mate passed. He was grief stricken but still had Amirah to look after, and the surviving pride members to think of- including his twin brother.

He convinced the remaining members to not risk contaminating other prides until they were certain that they were cured, and when a few months had passed they began to finally drift their separate ways. The family of three continued on until Amirah reached adulthood, at which point she also chose to seek out a life of her own. Amali has not seen her since. He worries, but he trusts that if they're meant to meet again that one day they will.

Until that time his life had been entirely dedicated to Amirah and his twin. Now that he's on his own he's simply wandering. He's a very easy going lion with a relaxed personality. As his past should indicate he's also very dedicated and loyal, and would make for a very loving and attentive mate and father.

He also has a playful side, and is very, very affectionate to those closest to him.

Looking for: Friends, possibly a pride, other possible survivors, and a mate!!! Personality and appearance are equally important here. I'd like to find someone that's a good match for Amali. He doesn't need someone to compliment him so much as someone to be his equal in compassion and loyalty and love. Because he's already done the single father bit I'd ask for someone more mature rather than a childish personality type.

Note:

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:34 am
User Image

All my life I've been good but now
Oh, I'm thinking "What the hell!"
All I want is to mess around
And I don't really care about
If you love me, if you hate me
You can save me baby, baby
All my life I've been good, but now
Oh, what the hell...!

Quote:
.:: Gumu'wosia - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: Tianxia; North House
Pride Rank: Duchess
Personality: Gumu has always been the odd one out in her family. The only reason she behaves at all is fear of her parents anger. It's not that they're abusive, rather that from a young age it was made apparent that rank and appearance was very important to their mother. She was highly competitive with her sisters to gain a high station of power and respect, and having cubs that misbehaved and carried on like pig children was not in the plan.

And then along came Gumu, one of a fairly sized litter, and unfortunately she was anything but her mother's idea of an ideal daughter. She tries to behave like a lady to please her parents, her mother specifically, because she can't stand the thought of disappointing them- children are supposed to have a good relationship with their parents, right? Especially young ones. It was very important to Gumu growing up and she never really outgrew the innate desire to please and to not bring dishonor on her family (I promise any likeness to Disney's Mulan is purely accidental. No running off to war to save her retired father!).

These days she's become rather disenchanted with her life as a duchess, but she has no real conceivable way out without being disowned (ooc: She won't be leaving the pride! She was won in a contest and that's one of the stipulations I agreed to, so please don't ask!). As much as she hates having to pretend to be something that she's not she can't bear the thought of losing her family, either. They might not be the perfect fit for her, but they ARE her family, after all, and she cares for them deeply.

Usually you'll see Gumu executing the proper walk and talk as she's been taught. She'll say her pleases and thank you's, demonstrate the proper poise and can act demure enough for a time, but she carries a great deal of frustration from having to keep up the act in public all the time.

She's the princess stuck between wanting to be herself and wanting to please her parents.

Despite her efforts, though, she had a lot of moments of slipping up as she grew, making silly faces in public, allowing herself to get dirty because she was rough housing when she shouldn't have been, and at every turn her mother was there with a disapproving look. As Gumu grew older she became better about behaving- or rather she became better about not getting caught, but now she's well, well past the age where she's expected to have married and had cubs of her own.

Looking for: A group of friends who are only interested in her friendship for her rank, and/or friends who would turn their nose up at her true colors. "Friends", I should say instead, I guess, bu I would absolutely love to play out such a dynamic!

A mate, a mate, a mate! Someone from within the pride or willing to join who she can be herself around who won't judge her for it, who will put on the act with her but isn't afraid to indulge her now and then- someone that her parents would approve of on the outside (someone strong and someone refined) but secretly is exactly like Gumu, gets her, and just in general can make life in the pride much more bearable for her.

I'm also game for the exact opposite- someone with rigid and unmoving expectations who expects her to be on her best behavior at all times. In that case I'd be interested in finding the former (the male like Gumu) who she could possibly be courting with on the side. Or it could just be the stuffy mate/husband and Gumu could remain miserable but maybe have her fun with the cubs. Personally I really like the very first idea best, so those offers will get priority, but if the plot and RP are good I could be swayed otherwise.

I don't suppose there are any other nobles that fit that description she could have an arranged marriage with? Age isn't an issue.

Note: Not a seer; Not leaving the pride.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:47 pm
User Image

You are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down
Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground
We are the jack-o-lanterns in July
Setting fire to the sky
Here it comes, this rising tide...

Quote:
.:: Chen-li - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: n/a; formerly Dawnwalkers
Mate: n/a; tentatively seeking
Flings: Yes
Personality: A few years ago Chen-li had a very clear idea of who he was - part of a match set. He had a twin sister and the two balanced one another. Where she was calm and patient he was brash and impetuous, but they balanced one another, or so he thought. When she left to return to the Firekin to be with Azarax Chen-li was unable to follow due to his blue coloring. With his anchor gone he was unable to contain his frustration, loss, and confusion, and so he left the pride to try to find himself.

He did not succeed in doing anything aside from reinforcing how incomplete he was without his sister. He returned with his tail between his legs but was still not content to simply remain. Though he tried his hand at putting his energy into guarding the pride it doesn't seem to have done any good, and so he's on the roam again looking for someone that can give him balance.

For those that encounter Chen-li they'll probably see a fairly sized lion with a somewhat foul disposition. He doesn't really go for sugar coating things and he says exactly what he's thinking when he feels like it- and that's IF you can get him to speak to you. He's not exactly rude but his temper has grown increasingly foul over the years, to the point that he'd sooner ignore a stranger than engage in mindless conversation. He scowls a lot, growls a lot, and is extremely sarcastic and snappy when pushed. If given something- someone to focus on who can help him expel his negative energy, though, Chen-li is a natural protector. He has his mother's impatience for beating around the bush and unfortunately they both feel as if most encounters are exactly that- a waste of time. Neither of them can stand injustices happening right in front of them and are inclined to sometimes talking bigger than they can actually back up, but are too stubborn to back down. While he would never endanger another with that behavior he can be a bit reckless on his own.

Looking for: A mate and a pride. I plan to have him run into two distant relatives of his mother's soon but he probably won't stay with them (though they may end up in one of the prides where he's going to wind up). I'd either like to send him along to the revive of the U'W (where he'll be reunited with at least one sibling, Huang, and meet his nieces and nephew) or the Pridelands (where he'll be reunited with a lot more family than he knew he had)- both peaceful prides where he could put himself to use being a protector. I have no personal preference on which one, so if you do let me know.

Someone that can either get this idiot to think twice before blurting out whatever he feels like or someone that can shoot it right back at him and keep pace. They can either be quiet/shy/demure or outspoken/just as brash/cocky. He's pretty flexible.

Complimentary markings for a mate, please, or someone plain! Colors are negotiable.

Note: Bound for either the new Ushirkino Watembezaji or the Pridelands; Rolled - not a seer

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:23 am
User Image

Quote:
.:: NAME - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition:
Pride Rank:
Mate:
Flings:
Personality:

Looking for:

Note:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:12 pm
User Image

Quote:
.:: NAME - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition:
Pride Rank:
Mate:
Flings:
Personality:

Looking for:

Note:

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:13 pm
User Image
Quote:
.:: Tunu-hazina - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: Pridelands; need joining rp
Personality: Tunu-hazina is Isuzu's rather sheltered younger sister. She was born and raised to a single mother in a litter of three. Their mother was a wanderer, however, and never intended to make the den in the rogue lands her permanent home. When the girls came of age they were each sent off in turn, but Tunu-hazina would not go for fear of the unknown. Her mother left last and Tunu remained behind, convincing herself that they'd return someday soon and they'd be a family again- even if just her sisters. Family's stick together, after all, right? Since then she hasn't dared to try to leave, and protects the family den as if her life depends on it.

She actually did long to get out and see more of the world but she was terrified of making the journey alone almost as much as she was of leaving the den in case her family returned. She was fortunate enough to run into a group bound for the Pridelands, though. A brash lioness named Kiamba who hailed from the mountains, a male who had been born there named Kamikiel, and a lioness who was infatuated with him, named Shumbi. Though they all see Tunu-hazina as the quirky one in their group they have also accepted her as one of their own. The girls in particular are all drastic opposites of one another, but Tunu looks to them as her older sisters and they in turn are quite protective in their own ways.

Tunu is a bright-eyed girl who strives to get along with those she meets. She has a genet companion named Pascal who she'd found and nursed back to health near the border of her family's land. He stuck around out of some form of pity and gradually the two became more than simple neighbors, but friends.

She's also fond of jokes and has opened up a great deal since leaving home. Though she's basically one big dork she is a capable huntress as well.

Looking for: Joining RP, general RP with pride-members, gods, goddesses, other species, etc.!

I'm looking for a mate for Tunu, and I'd like someone that's "street wise" and quick on their paws. Tunu isn't an official cosplay but she was based a bit on Rapunzel, and I'd like to find her that easy going not-prince to sweep her off her paws.

Note: Younger sister/litter mate of Isuzu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:17 pm
User Image
Quote:
.:: Korofi-uzulu - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: Firekin
Pride Rank: Guard
Personality: Korofi was born to two ex-slaves. Her father is Azarax, a lion who was born with a coat the color of the desert and a blazing mane of red, but also color blind. Due to this Korofi has an even more fierce admiration for her father than she might have already. He had turned his "handicap" into a strength, overcome rank and circumstance, and maintains a crucial part of their pride. She grew up admiring her mother, Yin-li, as well, for finding new ways to aide the pride and becoming the first water-seeker. In addition, though Yin-li lacks the size and brute strength of the Firekin, as an ex-slave, she makes up for it by being both clever and swift.

While on one side there are her brother and sister who have become hunters, on the other there is her brother, Atesh, who has chosen to become a soldier, her sister Vesta who has chosen to follow in their mother's pawsteps and become a water seeker, and then there's her, who decided early on that she wanted to work with the guards, testing the mettle of outsiders seeking to join their ranks, meeting new lions, driving off the unworthy, and acting as a first line of defense to alert the pride to danger.

But mostly she just wants to duel with hopeful outsiders.

Korofi was, as a cub, very energetic and talkative. She hasn't really lost her energy or social nature, which made apprenticing as a guard actually rather difficult since it does entail knowing when to shut up and be quiet, but all the same she managed. Since then she's grown well into the role and takes pride in her rank.

She will talk your ears off, if you let her. When she's not on duty she can usually be seen hunting with her mother, hanging out with her father, Ursa, or Uuo, looking for anyone that will humor her for a sparring match or game, or goofing off at the watering hole.

Looking for: Duel-RP's, a mate, PLOT! I'd still really like for Koro to get out into the world with someone else- I don't want her to go it alone. Ideally I'd love to find a companion who she can grow close to, and eventually decide to lifemate with. I'd settle for someone that she can have guard or soldier adventures with, though, if they're unwilling to leave the pride.

Note:

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:04 am
User Image

Everything is wonderful
Everything is great
Free as a bird singing outside my window pane
Got a fresh new start
It's a brand new day
And I got lots of love to give away ...

Quote:
.:: Maa-nefer- About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: Tengoku no kurēdoru; formerly Dawnwalkers
Pride Rank: Sennin (queen); Kaze
Mate: Sion Astal
Personality: Maa-nefer was born somewhere in the middle of a very, very, VERY big litter of thirteen. She had a normal childhood typical for a princess of the Tuait-tekem (extra lessons, primarily).

During her life with the Dawnwalkers she was best friends with Dafina, her sister Sher, and cousin Matifu. Since leaving she is still friends with them all, but of the three only Matifu opted to go along on the journey to the Pridelands.

As one of the cubs born to the royal pair, just like her siblings she's had extra lessons, more education, and training than the other cubs in the pride, because if something should happen to her brother, the crown prince, there's a chance that one of the other children will be selected to become heir instead, even if that's a very big selection to pick from. As a result she's quite well versed in pride traditions.

Maa-nefer is really friendly and outgoing. Her name means to see beauty, and incidentally she's quite the optimist so she's really pretty damn good at it. She comes from a huge, loving family with doting (if not busy) parents who are always there for their kids, she loves pride life, and she's very tactile amongst those she's familiar with (She uses her older sisters and sometimes litter mates too for pillows, she likes to touch to show affection but will not do so with any "strange" males, males she's not related to, and it's always innocent. Above all else as a princess she understands that she's expected to lead by example, and has been taught not to let there be any question about her intention or chastity.).

Don't expect Maa-nefer to slow down or mellow out much with age, at most I can see her talking slower, pausing more, but other than that she'll probably stay energetic and outgoing until the day she dies.

Looking for: Prideland member interactions, friendly encounters, unfriendly encounters, meetings with more gods

Note: Princess of the Dawnwalkers, large plot in progress

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:32 pm
User Image

And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would have followed you
And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love and I'm saying goodbye...

Quote:
.:: Ursa - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: n/a; formerly Firekin (Simo)
Pride Rank: n/a; formerly storyteller
Flings: Maybe
Personality: A serpentine acquaintance of Azar's and Ursa's once said that Ursa's fire was contained to her eyes. Her black coat isn't completely uncommon, but she's one of the least colorful members of the pride. More to the point is the fact that her Firekin spirit is expressed in unconventional ways just as her coloring is. She's quite calm and doesn't seem to be very hot blooded at first glance, but she has a fierce temper once pushed too far, and a protective streak a mile wide towards any perceived threat to her children and her family. Not even her former mate and best friend, Azar, is safe from that temper. They had a litter together but eventually split apart when Ursa ended the relationship due to irreconcilable differences. Largely in part was his treatment of one of their sons, who he bullied quite a bit.

Since going their separate ways Ursa has quietly resumed her duties as a storyteller for the pride, looking after cubs and teaching the history of the pride. She has no current apprentices and is open for that, but in truth she's growing weary of life in the desert. She feels as though she's stuck in a rut and is constantly faced with reminders of losses as she sees most of her children and Azar on an almost daily basis.

For a bit of backstory leading up to that, read on.

Ursa and her siblings were conceived from a confusing tryst between Kadogo'moto of the Simo, and Azula of the Safi. At the time the pride was still split, and it was decided in secret that it would be better for the cubs to be raised by their father in the more accepting Simo. All but one of her siblings was taken to the rebels, the youngest son, who left the Firekin all together when their mother took him with her and Ursa has not seen him since being delivered into her father's paws.

Growing up, her youngest brother was particularly demanding of Ursa's time and affections, but his pushiness was not well received. They had an argument, which is her last memory of him, before he was taken and killed by vultures. This event would go on to haunt her for a long time, and to this day she hasn't come fully to terms with her guilt, merely pushed it down and aside.

She was very close with one of her other brothers, however, Iroh. The two were very affectionate with one another and she always views him fondly. The two shared a den together for a good while after deciding it was time to strike out and give their parents (father and adoptive mother) space for the new litter.

When Kadogo and Ilahle finally made up the dark lioness became another important part of Ursa's life. She looks to her as naturally as she would her own birth mother.

She had a brief fling with her crush's brother, then with Azar himself. The latter resulted in her becoming pregnant, and this ripped the two friends apart for a long time though they do not know for certain which lion fathered the cubs. Because of the cubs markings it is (rightly) assumed that Azar is the father. Ursa and Azar, after mending their friendship following his being a suspect in the murder incident finally got their act together and became a mated pair for a time.

Other lions that Ursa has a close bond with or a deep rooted affection for include her aunt Kenna, family friend and her father's former "slave" (A ruse, for the sake of keeping the children safe.), Yin-li. She once had a one sided rivalry with the Captain of the Guard, Uuo, because of Azar'bijan's also one sided feelings towards the captain.

She is not at all fond of her grandmother, Azula (Of the Simo) and the two do not communicate often because of Azula's antagonistic relationship with Kadogo'moto.

Looking for: A mate, possibly a plot to find a new pride if no one is available in the Firekin. She needs something new in her life. She's not even quite into the prime years of her adulthood yet, but she's finding herself stuck in a rut and I'd like to get her back out of it by almost whatever means necessary.

Note: n/a

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:17 pm
User Image

And I take the first step of a million more
And I'll make mistakes I've never made before
But at least I'm moving forward
At least I'm moving forward...

Quote:
.:: Han - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: Unity Walkers
Pride Rank: Hunter
Personality: Han has always been a laid back sort of guy, almost to the point of laziness. It's not that he's against lifting a paw to do a thing, it's just that his coalition's lifestyle allotted the luxury of having little better to do than socialize, hunt, and patrol. They lived in a paradise. They were founded not for the sake of tradition, but safety and acceptance, in a time when hybrids were just becoming widely known and not many were accepting of them. He was born into the only life the group had ever known- a peaceful one.

With the restructuring and relocation Han found himself stepping up to help, leaving behind his laid back lifestyle in favor of helping the two groups recover. Once the two prides do manage to fully settle he'll no doubt return to his relaxed way of living, but the right girl might be able to get him on his toes and keep him there.

Looking for: A mate that can bring out Han's more energetic side somehow. I'd love it if she were the type to be shamelessly flirtatious and might play hard to get, to keep things interesting.

Note:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:34 pm
User Image

If I could see beyond the here and now
If you could hear me calling you somehow
If I could know that love is reaching out
To find you with me tonight

Then hope could make these promises come true
Beyond what I could say, what love can do
With every moment leading me to you tonight ...

Quote:
.:: Ndimi-Nyima - About ::.

Pack/Pride/Coalition: Unity Walkers
Pride Rank: n/a; undecided
Personality: All of Ndimi's life she's been the odd one out. Among her litter mates she is the only one to receive the markings of their father's wings. In her family she is the only one who not only does not take after either parent's personality but is actually their exact opposite. Where Icarus and her mother are both indulgent individuals, and her siblings no different, Ndimi has always shown restraint. Her mother chose this name for her almost as a joke when she was born because she didn't cry as much as her siblings. She didn't do much of anything like her siblings, always allowing them to have their way over her own desires. None of them have ever known why.

She's never been bothered by the fact that she's so different. Her family didn't mistreat her, she actually got along very well with her mother and siblings, but still...

Her visions led her to the surviving unified tribe at that time being led by the three seers. She doesn't know why yet, but she is the first half of a puzzle. Unknown to all but Haki and the council, though, they're still missing the other piece.

Looking for: This one is going to be tricky. I'm going to be very choosey about Ndimi's mate since he'll also POSSIBLY become the co-ruler of the Unity Walkers with her, her king, should I decide to have her fill the role. Since Ndimi is a seeress I also have a very specific love story in mind. The purpose isn't just to find a mate but to help Ndimi grow as a character, and to learn that indulging her own desires now and then is just as important as refraining for the sakes of others.

I'd like finding her mate to involve her visions. As you'll see by reading on below her visions are impacted by her emotions. The stronger she feels something the more confusing her dreams and visions become. Imagine what first time love would do to her, given that she's never really been a part of anything like it.

I'd like for her mate to be a non-seer, a mortal, a lion, with colors that cound be interpreted as earthy (to contrast her sky theme (wings and breezy markings) and initially assigned to be one of the guards. He'd be oblivious of Ndimi but she will have been seeing visions of him since her powers first became prominent.

Eventually I'd like him to make his way to the Unity Walkers where the usually very composed lioness (and now young queen) will be completely thrown off guard, get absolutely flustered, and lose her cool. She'd end up making a bit of an idiot of herself at first and try very hard NOT to be as obvious as she inevitably will. In short I'd like for their first meeting and consequent encounters after to be awkward and embarrassing for Ndimi, resulting in the male either thinking she's a colossal dork or completely immature.

Naturally, since she isn't the sort to indulge in her own wishes (despite her father's domain) she won't breathe a word of her feelings to him (but friends to lend an ear would be more than welcome) about it, and that will cause some trouble later.

I'd like it to culminate with her having a jumbled vision that leads to some sort of mess that needs to be resolved by the two of them together.

How things develop from there would be completely up in the air, but maybe some sort of incident or crisis could come up where they have to work as a team, maybe something that spans a few days.

Note: Daughter of Icarus; seeress - the stronger her emotions run the more jumbled her visions, keeping a level head keeps her visions and dreams clear enough for her to understand

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
[OOC] Journals [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers