Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
Kristen Stewart officially cast as Bella Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you happy --- or at least content --- with Bella's casting?
  Yes, I'm happy.
  Yes...I'm content.
  They could've done better, but there *are* far worse choices...
  NO.
  I'm not saying anything until I've seen the movie.
View Results

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Fushigipinay JUST said that it's her personal taste. Meyer doesn't have any say in the casting so Summit Entertainment could have casted someone who was 30 years old if they really wanted to.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:49 pm
Thank you, Kira...

@vampirekizzez430: I have "read the whole thing" before, thanks. I wasn't planning on reading it again, but if you insist...

Quote:
***July 7, 2007 Update***

I am very excited to announce that Twilight has been optioned by Summit Entertainment (http://www.summit-ent.com/). The deal with MTV Film (and friends) lapsed in April, and since that time my agents and I have been negotiating with Summit on a great contract that I think will really protect the story. The people at Summit seem quite enthusiastic about doing Twilight the right way, and I'm looking forward to working with them. The story will be optioned for the next fifteen months, when Summit will have the opportunity to buy the property. I will keep you updated on any developments as soon as I find out about them.

Meanwhile, years have passed, my actors have aged, and I think the time has come to recast the Twilight Movie. (For fun, of course! I still have no say in who gets hired.)

The most disappointing thing for me is losing my perfect Edward. Henry Cavill is now twenty-four-years-old. Let us have a moment of quiet in which to mourn…
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Okay, moving on. I'm not willing to relinquish Henry completely; since I hear that Charlie Hunnam refuses to consider scripts which include vampires, I propose that Henry play Carlisle! (Would Henry dare to find out if blondes DO have more fun??

Then who will play Edward? I don't have the perfect answer. I've seen some nice suggestions, but keep in mind a few reality checks: I'm not considering anyone over 21 (sorry Gaspard Ulliel fans!), or anyone who isn't a real actor (which is terribly sad, considering the beauty of models like Kevin Flamme, Jeremy Dufour, and Thomas Beaudoin; this counts out all the lead singers, too, Gerard Way lovers.).

Realistic options include actors like Tom Sturridge.

And keep a close eye on the rising generation of actors (remember, even best case scenario it will be quite a while before any filming begins)—boys like Logan Lerman who have a lot of pretty potential.

Or, for Jacob, Tyler Posey.

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

vampirekizzez430

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:28 pm
i must have misread it. my apologies

they have cast an edward.
i don't know if im happy or unhappy with the choice... i think if his eyebrows get tweezed a bit, he will be good.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:28 pm
I'll edit it for you...

But oh man..those are such unattrative pictures, I'm sorry to say
Is it just me, or are his eyes different sizes? confused

KiraLight
Crew

vampirekizzez430

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:59 am
I still don't know if I'm happy or not =/

But no, I think its just the way he is smiling? maybe...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:22 am
Is it? Because it seems that in every picture his right eye is bigger than his left...

KiraLight
Crew

Zirumi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:55 pm
KiraLight
Is it? Because it seems that in every picture his right eye is bigger than his left...
Lawlz!! And I wanted Gaspard to be Edward I am so disappointed *huff*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:39 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
OpalGirl
I liked the other one better, the one from Lemony Snicket's.
I forgot her name, though.

Emily Browning.

She was also my first choice.
But I think Kristen is a good choice too.
Plus Emily was a bit too pretty to be Bella in a way *shrugs*
I like 'em both.

Emily was my first choice also, i think she'll do an ok job. Maybe i'm not pleased because she looks nothing like "my Bella"*Shrugs*.  

Alice Cullen1713

kiyamasho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:05 pm
well so far i like the choice for bella alot more than edward but thanks for sharing those pics vampirekizzez430. he looks a lot cuter there than in this other picture i just saw but...what is this!?

Quote:
Their unorthodox romance puts her in physical danger when Edward’s nemesis comes to town and sets his sights on Bella.

there was no nemesis! gah they've already started the changing of the story line crying crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:09 pm
Quote:
Their unorthodox romance puts her in physical danger when Edward’s nemesis comes to town and sets his sights on Bella.

Quote:

there was no nemesis! gah they've already started the changing of the story line crying crying
User ImageI glimpsed a bat with butterfly wings...

em, sorry, but just following the book plotline would be BORINGGGG. Honestly! We ALL have imaginations...let's not ruin them with the stupid movie. Not only that, but...we'd all know what was going to happen! Let the movie be surprising! Quit BITCHING for the love of god. So what if they change the plot just a bit-- there will still be an edward and bella, he will still be hot, and you will get your godforsaken romance.

oh, what marvelous things.

-DiseaseFish-

LiM3 TAFFY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:41 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
;;Live like a r o c k s t a r &&<---

Dorkfishy, you're so my hero.

---&&& Rock my w o r l d;;User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:27 pm
KiraLight
Yeah, but Emily Browning can do a really good American accent. I do agree about her looking Chinese...

I loved her in the Land of Women as well! Even though I didn't like the movie itself, Stewart was amazing

I don't know if this is off subject or anything..., but there really isn't an 'American accent'. I mean, the people on the west coast pronounce everything very... well, how it's read, but people on the East coast have a very different accent. Boston for isnstance, typically pronounces Harvard as Hahvahd (no r's), so if she can do an East coast accent (in which their are many) than it really does no good. Also, I think that this Kristen Stewart will do a fine job, considering even Sephanie Meyer aproves.  

Alayna_blind_angel

kiyamasho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:11 pm
Dorkfishy
Quote:

Quote:

User ImageI glimpsed a bat with butterfly wings...

em, sorry, but just following the book plotline would be BORINGGGG. Honestly! We ALL have imaginations...let's not ruin them with the stupid movie. Not only that, but...we'd all know what was going to happen! Let the movie be surprising! Quit BITCHING for the love of god. So what if they change the plot just a bit-- there will still be an edward and bella, he will still be hot, and you will get your godforsaken romance.

oh, what marvelous things.

i'm not bitching as you so kindly put it.

of course they don't follow they exact storyline of a book when they create movies and they add/change stuff. so perhaps my earlier statement was wrong. what i meant to say was that i hope the don't ruin the story line. i've seen some of my favorite books turned into movies and they have butchered them. i just hope it doesnt happen here  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff