I'm in a bad mood. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:56 pm
IMO;
For coffee to get it's flavor, it must be that damn hot.
Same with Tea.

What I usually do is put my mouth on the glass as to take a sip and bring the drink ever so closely to the edge and if my sensitive lip is feeling hot before the drink even comes in contact I stop.

If I'm in a hurry I drop an ice cube or two in it.

Or you could drop a spoon in, wait a few seconds then pull out the spoon and feel it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 pm
OberFeldwebel
IMO;
For coffee to get it's flavor, it must be that damn hot.
Same with Tea.

What I usually do is put my mouth on the glass as to take a sip and bring the drink ever so closely to the edge and if my sensitive lip is feeling hot before the drink even comes in contact I stop.

If I'm in a hurry I drop an ice cube or two in it.

Or you could drop a spoon in, wait a few seconds then pull out the spoon and feel it.
You're a strange one, mister Grinch. razz

Every time I do that and it's too hot, I seize and splash more into my mouth. Not fun.

Honestly, I've put four or five ice cubes in before and it's had little effect.

I had that bright idea once. Worked pretty well, but I've never remembered to do it again.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:14 pm
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Anima_Raptor
Fresnel
Personally, I get pissed that when I order hot chocolate at a restaurant, I can't drink it for 30 minutes because it's served at that same near-boiling, in a ceramic cup, with an insulating layer of whipped cream, AND I have a sensitive mouth.

Amen to that.

And you're constantly plagued with the question, "Is it ready yet?"
And the only way to find out is to take the plunge and risk second degree burns in your mouth.
I did that once. I was at a Chinese restaurant. I was drinking the tea which was insanely hot. I knew it was insanely hot. I don't know why, but I suddenly forgot that little detail and tried to gulp my tea down. At least I knew it was my own fault when it burned like hell.
I can't say I've ever done that. The problem in my eyes is that once you wait fifteen minutes, you ask yourself 'is it cool enough to drink yet?' and the only way to tell is to take a sip.

The answer is always no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3M-XotQkQ  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:38 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Anima_Raptor
Fresnel
Personally, I get pissed that when I order hot chocolate at a restaurant, I can't drink it for 30 minutes because it's served at that same near-boiling, in a ceramic cup, with an insulating layer of whipped cream, AND I have a sensitive mouth.

Amen to that.

And you're constantly plagued with the question, "Is it ready yet?"
And the only way to find out is to take the plunge and risk second degree burns in your mouth.
I did that once. I was at a Chinese restaurant. I was drinking the tea which was insanely hot. I knew it was insanely hot. I don't know why, but I suddenly forgot that little detail and tried to gulp my tea down. At least I knew it was my own fault when it burned like hell.
I can't say I've ever done that. The problem in my eyes is that once you wait fifteen minutes, you ask yourself 'is it cool enough to drink yet?' and the only way to tell is to take a sip.

The answer is always no.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3M-XotQkQ
Less snow, more swearing.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

The Drildo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:00 am
"Hello Clarice."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:17 pm
That Super Scot
"Hello Clarice."