Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Witch. Do YOU find that word offensive? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

choose.
  Wiccan.
  Witch.
View Results

Demetrius Plateau

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:37 pm
Dragoness, why do you brag about your abilities & learnings then shortly afterwards try to cover your a**?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:02 pm
Dragoness Arleeana
My SPELLING!? EXCUSE ME!? I hate to break it to you, but you had typos and errors in that very statement. My spelling is far better than most people's here, and you're is no better in the least. If you want to stoop so low as to attacking my spelling, then by all means, let me pull out some of my third grade insults! Intelligence now? I completed four college courses before graduating highschool, three of them were english courses, another was a programming class. My keyboard is a little old, the keys stick, I don't always catch things. Also, and Phoenix can attest to this (as she commented on my typing speed while on the phone with me a few nights ago) that my typing speed is extremely fast and sometimes spelling errors happen. I took typing courses, I also trained to be a secretary, thus, I try more on getting things down rather than spelling. Also, it hasn't been that bad, you'rs has been worse by the looks of it. Would you LIKE for me to go through and edit your previous few posts? The fact that you used the number two instead of typing it out doesn't say much for your case.

I never said you had to take me as a valid source, but that maybe you should do a bit of research and read some books that ARE valid. Also, you STILL havn't provided us with any of your "sources" yet. You said you would, but you have yet to do so, which yet again, makes you look like a liar.

Okay first of all, you're not better than anyone else here. So step off of your pedestal.

Second, why do you always have to argue back? Can't you just be the better person and let it go? Someone insulted you over the internet, because they knew it would get to you. Really, you're just making it worse by responding.

If you two have a problem with each other, take it outside of the guild. That's what PMs are for.  

dark_angel_32189

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:30 pm
dragoness just likes feeling superior to everyone by putting herself up on a pedistal, i mean do you hear any of us boasting about our education or anything?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:40 pm
WitchyBoy
dragoness just likes feeling superior to everyone by putting herself up on a pedistal, i mean do you hear any of us boasting about our education or anything?
Duly noted.

-high five-

Demetrius Plateau

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:45 pm
SINCE WHEN DID DEBATES BECOME ARGUMENTS???

dammit, this is horrible. if you disagree, agree to disagree. don't launch yourself into a rant that will do nothing but make people go "daaaaamn... she really lost it there"
sorry, dragoness, but yes i'm referring to you.
and everyone else in this guild who may start that up.
and people, spelling is spelling. no one's perfect, no matter how much they claim to be. people make typos. not everyone has spell-checker.

CALM DOWN  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:35 pm
Dragoness here.

Thought I'd drop one last post.

I wanted to apologize for coming off so strong. I believe everyone can practice what they want and believe what they want, I never said you couldn't in this thread. I didn't attack Ixi's beliefs once. Were were discussing Gardnerian Wicca and she came into the middle of the conversation. Rather than reading everything through before replying she misunderstood us and thought we were talking about Wicca in general or specifically about her path (for whatever reason). We were NOT talking about her path though, and so what I said did not apply to her, yet she thought I was saying it did. I was pissed because she started insulting me and telling me my sources were wrong, because HER sources said differently (though she never provided these sources and we wern't even talking about her path). The post that she decided to attack was made three, if not more, months before I ever made the statement that you have to be initiated into Gardnerian Wicca.

The fact that she started insulting my intelligence directly pissed me off. I wasn't trying to boast or put myself on a pedestal. She said I was unintelligent and didn't know how to spell. So I stated that I couldn't be nearly as stupid as she thinks because I obviously have to have some sort of a brain if I had completed four college courses before college. (during college it wouldn't mean anything). Also that three of them were english, which directly pertained to her insults on my spelling. I stated that I'm a fast typer because well...like dark_angel said, many people type faster than they can catch errors. Training to be a secretary, as I said, wasn't a boast either, it just showed why I don't go back and check spelling as much. I didn't say or even imply that I was better than anyone else. The closest I got to that was saying that my spelling was better than most peoples here. Look around gaia, most people "tlk lyk ths". She wants to get onto me about my atrocious spelling when her's isn't any better and there are people who you can't even comprehend what they're trying to get out.

You say that I argue back, yet, if someone where to attack YOuR intelligence would you just let it go when you know if you do nothing will be done and that person will continue to think it's ok to do so and continue to do it? No, you wouldn't. I have quite a lot of pride in my intelligence and when someone insults it I get pissed. I'm human, it happens.

WitchyBoy, that is a completely rude and uncalled for statement. I was NOT trying to put myself up on a pedestal. She called my unintelligent and said that my spelling was bad. I explained WHY my spelling would be off and HOW I'm not as stupid as she says I am. And actually, yes, there ARE people boasting here. Ixi did it when she mentioned caring for herself since she was 14. Also, Phoenix did as well when mentioning her college days and taking history courses. It's not really boasting because it's explaining how you know this stuff and whatnot. I hate to tell you, but making comments like that is about the same as putting yourself on a pedestal. If you and Demetrius wants to stand around talking about how inferior everyone else is and giving each other high-fives, then by all means, don't let me stand in your way.  

deaf-to-destiny

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:46 am
alright given, i would defend myself but i wouldnt unload five pages of text telling them that im right your wrong and im better, defending yourself is one thing feeding the fire is all together different.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:47 am
Witch is just a word for magician, therefore I am not offended by it. However, the word witch carries a lot of superstition and misconceptions. Therefore I refer to myself as a wiccan. However, when people refer to me as a witch (or a wizard, some people think male wiccans are wizards) I am not bothered by it at all.  

Siegfried Kiefter

Siegfried Kiefter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:53 am
Okay
Some of you guys are pissed at Dragonesse
What she said pissed me off, too
However, I forgive her. We all make mistakes, and they should be forgiven.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:41 am
so i guess this was unlocked?
eh, anyways... if someone decides to argue instead of debate, it never turns out well.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:57 pm
witch i have no problem with, wizard kinda erks me(to much holywood crap), warlock pisses me off, magician ive no real issues with.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:57 pm
I only find it offensive, if someone is using it in a bad context.
example: one day 2 girls in my class where fighting, and they kept calling each other bad words and one of them called the other a witch.
It just ticks me off when they use it like that evil scream stressed mad burning_eyes  

Faerth

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:18 pm
BearPrincess96
I only find it offensive, if someone is using it in a bad context.
example: one day 2 girls in my class where fighting, and they kept calling each other bad words and one of them called the other a witch.
It just ticks me off when they use it like that evil scream stressed mad burning_eyes

i know what you mean.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:27 pm
Hmm a Witch is something Completely different from a Wiccan (Wiccans are Good by nature, Witches can go both ways) And therefore I do mind being called one, because i am truly pure good, not some half half.  

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games