Submit

Yes?
  no
  yes
  maybe
View Results

ObsessionIsSuchAnUglyWord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:52 pm
Ok, I do know what xbookxwormx means, I have all these posers I know, and they piss me off, but is this really nessary? People are getting mad at each for this, I agree with you, but isn't this a little ridiculous? All of my friends have read the book, and one even started a website for it, I was the first one that read Twilight, but I'm not mad at my friends for reading it, but the whole "posers that only read the first two pages" thing I totally agree with.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:14 pm
Anyways, I'm going back to my life now of homework and trying to finish my independant novel. razz I'll keep my opinions to myself more then if no one cares to here them.

Oh, and I have a friend who is a shallow Twilight fan. She's always talking about Edward and how hot he is; I'm just the quiet book geek who has read it. Plus, she wanted me to roleplay with her on the series, and she was terrible at it. I was shocked... she's on the third book too...

Mmm... I'm going to get myself some Vampire Knight mangas one of these days.

Twilight.  

Twilight Scribe

Riceycake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:16 pm
I sort of agree with you but well... sure, the book's become popular at my school - especially among the seventh-grader (girls). really, I have seen some familiar red/black books among them... they carry it between periods and lunch... some of the eighth-grader us have read it. Don't worry, it's only occasional. (:

so when these girls started to really get into Twilight, I was like "o_O omg rly. twilight's become so popular!" Yeshyesh, Eclipse beat poor HP .__. which proves that it is steadily becoming popular.

I was never the first reader or the first or "number 1" fan, but I like the series - I don't want to bash it; the only problems that I can see with it is terrible grammar at the beginning and some Gary-Stuness of Ed. I'm not much of the fan - but maybe that will change when I get my hands on New Moon and Eclipse from thet library that has 300 holds on each (:

As for the "posers read two pages" thing, I. completely. agree. They're not the true fans *rolls eyes*

conclusion? Twilight's just starting to attract some fans [or is on the way of collecting fans].

[/rant]  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:25 am
Well, at first I was pretty excited that more people were going to read it, but then I realized that it wasn't a good thing.
A girl in my class read it, and ALL she talks about is how much she loves Edward...
She writes it on peoples binders! People who haven't even read the book!
He's getting completely lost as a character, and is just seen as 'a hot vampire'.
I felt like cutting her fingers off with a pair of safety scissors and yelling "STOPPIT! NO MORE WRITING ON PEOPLE'S BINDERS!"
That, or just strangling her.
Heh, I actually wrote down all the ways I'm like a vampire...completely for fun, of course. I don't claim to be one...
Then I get PM's from random people saying "OMG TWILIGHT IS THE BEST BOOK EVA!"
It ticks me off...
And when people read it who can't understand it, then they pretend to be the Twilight expert.
I was one of the first people in my school to read it, and now almost all the girls in my class read it!
I miss being the creepy girl who read about vampires...
I agree with almost all the points previously expressed in this thread.
Sad, is it not?

PiiKA x chu

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:00 pm
Eternal_Snow_19
Well, at first I was pretty excited that more people were going to read it, but then I realized that it wasn't a good thing.
A girl in my class read it, and ALL she talks about is how much she loves Edward...
He's getting completely lost as a character, and is just seen as 'a hot vampire'.
I felt like cutting her fingers off with a pair of safety scissors and yelling "STOPPIT! NO MORE WRITING ON PEOPLE'S BINDERS!"
Heh, I actually wrote down all the ways I'm like a vampire...completely for fun, of course. I don't claim to be one...
It ticks me off...
And when people read it who can't understand it, then they pretend to be the Twilight expert.
I was one of the first people in my school to read it, and now almost all the girls in my class read it!
Sad, is it not?
no
ugh i know what you mean
i mean i love edward too, but i don't obess about him
i'll just obsess about the actor that plays him
and jacob
haha
but anyway, some people are just too stupid to read it..  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:14 am
Ah yes, I have met the type. *cough*Christen*cough* And I just can't stand them; I don't mind discussions about the actual character, but just talking about their hotness and such takes away from it. So I tend to just phase it out; I don't really talk about it with my friends... *shrugs* Maybe I could get my English teacher too, I bet she'd enjoy it.

I've always been the geeky girl who reads too much.

And I like Jasper more then Edward. Jasper has more depth to him (in my opinion). wink

Twilight.  

Twilight Scribe

PurpleViolinist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:58 am
Eternal_Snow_19
It ticks me off...
Sad, is it not?

Ha, maybe it's the size of my school, but I am the only one in my class who is freakishly obsessed with Edward/the Twilight universe. Everybody else is weirded out by my Twilight obsession. sweatdrop This one girl even *temporarily I hope* stole my Twilight book so I couldn't read it again. Everyone in my class is like "Dear god... what is so special about those BOOKS? You don't READ for FUN! Blah blah BLAH!!"

^.^'  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:20 pm
I hear ya, but I still love it as much as I did smile  

alexisneo

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:00 pm
To quote my mom "Who cares; if you like it, you like it." And it's as simple as that. Why should you care if something is popular?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:33 am
I'm just worried that the movie will totally ruin the book series. Seriously my friends and I read the preview and it already had stuff mixed up. I really did cry, because I don't want it to be a crappy movie. The preview said that the Cullens arch enemies (AKA Laurent & James) came to hunt Bella down and kill her! I mean come on! All three of James' coven came and only because they were curious about the Cullens. Also the werewolves are the vampires arch enemies. Ugh...I really need some candy now.

Also about Twilight becoming too popular, I 100% agree with you. There is this really dorky 7th grade girl who tried to convince the band director at school to read the books. And what ticks me off the most is that she didn't even start on the first book...i think she said that she started on New Moon. I mean come on, if you're going to read a book series you should at least start at the beginning. But that's just my opinion. Also I decided to read some fan fiction, and some dork wrote a story about Rosalie and Bella getting pregnant. It's like people don't even read the books. I guess that's it, because for me to pick up on a lot of the details I had to re read the books 3 times.  

Rosalie L Hale

Fifii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:47 am
totally  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:10 pm
It's starting to get a bit old, yeah... but, I'm a new fan, so the craze will stay with me for awhile.

As for the noobie discussion on the first page, they should keep their mouths shut until they actually read the whole book! I mean, seriously. -_- People obviously think, "Oh, this is popular! I want to be more popular by talking about it even though I don't want to be involved with it!" scream If you want to get into a series, don't get into it just cuz it's popular and you want to be popular. Sure, me getting into Twilight did make me more popular a bit, but I really wanted to read Twilight. I just never got my hands onto it until a few months ago (I had no other choice; the freshman class has to read it at my school). I was actually getting irriatated because all my friends were always talking about Twilight, and I just wanted to jump in and join them.

What's worse is when you have to defend the book when a noobie begins rambling about s**t that never happened in the books, etc. And then they say, "No, we're right. You're wrong." and then you have to say, "Read the book! This happened and that didn't!" and they STILL call you an idiot. >.< (I'm sensitive to that, cuz the same thing happened to me about Marilyn Manson)

...But, yeah. Twilight is getting a bit too popular, because now EVERYONE wants to be involved. If you're interested, read it, cuz it's awesome! If you just want to be popular, then don't even bother. That's what I say.  

xXx Dawn in the Dusk xXx

3,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

IceDollSayaka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:44 am
Twilight Scribe
To quote my mom "Who cares; if you like it, you like it." And it's as simple as that. Why should you care if something is popular?

^I agree with your mom. I bought the book simply because I like it ^^ and I enjoy talking about it with my others who love the book too.
it does bother me when some people want to read only to make them popular. i have this friend that talk about twilight so much, like it's a really great book, and she's such a huge fan and all, but the thing is, she hasn't even read much of the book it yet.. -_-  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:30 pm
Twilight Scribe

I really agree with your mom. I don't think the popularity should determine how much enjoyment you get from the series.

Though my school is way less obsessed with it then some of the ones you guys posted about. All of my friends ended up reading it becase they all found it on bookshelves. And when we found out that everybody in our group had read it, it was pretty funny. But no one at my school is buying yellow contacts or anything.

And yeah, people who try to look smart and popular are annoying. But try to ignore them. The more you argue with the type, the more it fuels them. Plus listening to their halfbrained ideas of what happens in the books can be a little off putting. ((I'm just waiting for the "Mrs. Edward Cullen" and "Mrs. Jacob Black" purses, and then I'll get creeped out, just like when the ones for Orlando Bloom and Justin Timberlake ones were floating around. I mean that level of obsessing is scary to me. But hopefully that won't happen and it'll just remain a nightmare. Sorry for the off topic ness.))  

The Flesh Failure

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:31 pm
The Flesh Failure
Twilight Scribe

I really agree with your mom. I don't think the popularity should determine how much enjoyment you get from the series.

Though my school is way less obsessed with it then some of the ones you guys posted about. All of my friends ended up reading it becase they all found it on bookshelves. And when we found out that everybody in our group had read it, it was pretty funny. But no one at my school is buying yellow contacts or anything.

And yeah, people who try to look smart and popular are annoying. But try to ignore them. The more you argue with the type, the more it fuels them. Plus listening to their halfbrained ideas of what happens in the books can be a little off putting. ((I'm just waiting for the "Mrs. Edward Cullen" and "Mrs. Jacob Black" purses, and then I'll get creeped out, just like when the ones for Orlando Bloom and Justin Timberlake ones were floating around. I mean that level of obsessing is scary to me. But hopefully that won't happen and it'll just remain a nightmare. Sorry for the off topic ness.))
You're right
maybe they should just be ignored
then they'll realize how idiotic they are
you're smart 3nodding  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items