Weapons for the Zombie Invasion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:12 am
Old Lord Brocktree
If you have trouble with the MP5's sights then you must be a blind retard. They, along with the G3, are my favorite sights.
Ecessive weight? If you make a gun out of paper(Skoprion) the accuracy is bad because the recoil will throw the gun around. The weight of the MP5 is almost perfect.

Have you ever actually fired one? It feels natural and lines itself up when you bring it to your shoulder. You can hit almost anything at a reasonable distance in single shot mode. I've never fired it in full auto simply because I don't want to.

Also: The .22 may be prominent in the US because we are the most gun friendly country in the world, but almost every other country in the world has a regulated system of control. So the only weaponry in most of those is coming straight out of the army or police forces, and as such they are functioning calibers. The .22 is a range gun, any other use is a waste, short of small game.

And if you want to be specific on most common caliber, then more than likely the AK calibers have been the most produced, because there are like, 70 million rifles, each can fire around 600 rounds per minute, and you have to have enough ammo to sustain an army, and almost any country that can make ammo makes it for the AK since many countries still use an AK clone.

Another thing. Some MP5s may be as long as a collapsed M4, but big ******** deal. Quit bitching about that. They make them with collapsable stocks, folding stocks, some even without stocks. Size isn;t that major.

There are plenty of tiny SMGs, Skorpion, BMP15, MAS49

Note: I don't include south america to almost anything I say, because each individual country is so small, and all are almost constantly at war with each other it's next to impossible to keep track, kind of like Africa, but no one cares about Africa.

Weight and size matter. Weight matters, not when you're firing it, but when you're carrying the damned thing for days on end. Size matters because a pistol caliber in something the length of a rifle is inane. A sub gun the length of a rifle defeats the purpose. A SMG is meant to be a compact, lightweight weapon to have more firepower than a handgun without the clumsiness of a rifle.

Look at the evolution of the SMG. With the exception of the MP5, they've gotten smaller and lighter so as to better serve their purpose(more firepower than a handgun but not as awkward to use in close quarters as a rifle). The Vz 61(Skorpion) is almost ideal. It's light, small, reliable and cheap to produce(and no, it's not made from paper. In fact, it's pretty overbuilt if you've ever seen one). That is everything the MP-5 is not. It's expensive to produce, breaks easy, heavy and long. The MAT-49 is also close to ideal. As are some modern ones(the Uzi, although heavy, makes up for it with supreme reliability and accuracy). There is no modern SMG more accurate than an Uzi(the MAS 38 beats it out slightly, but isn't modern)). With a submachine gun, size is all important.

The MP5 is a step backwards(actually, three steps as it's very similar to the generation I guns like the MP1 cool .

As for the .22 being "useless". It is easily suppressed, cheap, plentiful(just about every nation that allows firearms allows .22's) and can kill someone very well with a headshot(it can't penetrate both sides, so it bounces around inside the skull). It's also churned out in greater quantity than any other round in existence.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:07 am
Spoken like a tree armchair patton.

If you're carrying the gun, you're gonna be firing it. And like I said, the recoiulw ill throw it around.

By your logic, we should have tanks the size of Prias, planes the size of a motor cycles.

The MP5 is a good gun, you're just too thick headed to realize it because you've got some prejudice to it. You've lost this arguement, and you're gonna continue to lose it.

The MP5 is longer than other SMGs because it's better out to a longer distance. I've held a real one, and they're not that heavy. You seem to think they're a brick with a magazine.

If you can;t take a joke, then you need to leave this guild. The Skorpion is so small that when fire in more than a burst, it can be so uncontrollable that some soldiers have actually dropped it.

Also, it doesn;t break easy. It's well built, set on a good design.

The MP5 is nothing like the MP18. Sure, it has a stock, and fires, but that's about the end of it.

And the .22 may be good for small game, but sometimes when a bullet hits bone, you know, IT SHATTERS. Not every country allows the .22, because most countries, as I already said in my earlier post, only allows military weaponry.

Wow, you didn't even read my entire post, did you? Because it doesn't seem to get into your head.  

Old Lord Brocktree

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:53 am
Old Lord Brocktree
Spoken like a tree armchair patton.

If you're carrying the gun, you're gonna be firing it. And like I said, the recoiulw ill throw it around.

By your logic, we should have tanks the size of Prias, planes the size of a motor cycles.

The MP5 is a good gun, you're just too thick headed to realize it because you've got some prejudice to it. You've lost this arguement, and you're gonna continue to lose it.

The MP5 is longer than other SMGs because it's better out to a longer distance. I've held a real one, and they're not that heavy. You seem to think they're a brick with a magazine.

If you can;t take a joke, then you need to leave this guild. The Skorpion is so small that when fire in more than a burst, it can be so uncontrollable that some soldiers have actually dropped it.

Also, it doesn;t break easy. It's well built, set on a good design.

The MP5 is nothing like the MP18. Sure, it has a stock, and fires, but that's about the end of it.

And the .22 may be good for small game, but sometimes when a bullet hits bone, you know, IT SHATTERS. Not every country allows the .22, because most countries, as I already said in my earlier post, only allows military weaponry.

Wow, you didn't even read my entire post, did you? Because it doesn't seem to get into your head.

You don't seem to even have the remotest idea of the use or concept of what a submachine gun is for. I'm done with this thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:33 pm
... I still like the UMP-45 more so than the Mp5.
It has the look of Kickass.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now why would an SMG be a bad show against Zombies? Personally I wouldn't fire full-auto I would do single, and aim my shots.

heart
Is it wrong to love an inanimate object?  

OberFeldwebel

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:44 pm
OberFeldwebel

Now why would an SMG be a bad show against Zombies? Personally I wouldn't fire full-auto I would do single, and aim my shots.

heart

You mean, like this?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:15 pm
OberFeldwebel

heart

Not at all! I fell in love with the UMP when I saw one of the Twins in Matrix Reloaded firing four or five-hundred rounds out of a single magazine in the chase with Morpheus and Trinity.

But the MP-5 is great, too.

As for SMGs in a zombie roll, I wouldn't use one. But they have their use. If you aim shots and keep off auto they're a good idea, using the full power of pistol cartridges and sending bullets out more accurately.

Still, I would sooner pick a civilian variant of an assault rifle equipped with a folding stock. I wouldn't want to be limited to medium-range.  

ArmasTermin

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:02 pm
OberFeldwebel

heart

Most SMG're are pretty good for zombie apocalypse shooting, but H&K makes crap that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. It's too long and heavy to bother with. If you had a UMP-45, you might as well have an AR-15 or AKM and have more power and range.

The idea of a sub gun is to have a compact weapon with full auto for close range. Using it semi-auto only gives you a heavy, awkward carbine.

There are .45ACP carbines and 9mm carbines. They're lighter, more accurate and in some cases more compact.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:00 pm
lazycommie
OberFeldwebel

heart

Most SMG're are pretty good for zombie apocalypse shooting, but H&K makes crap that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. It's too long and heavy to bother with. If you had a UMP-45, you might as well have an AR-15 or AKM and have more power and range.

The idea of a sub gun is to have a compact weapon with full auto for close range. Using it semi-auto only gives you a heavy, awkward carbine.

There are .45ACP carbines and 9mm carbines. They're lighter, more accurate and in some cases more compact.

Oops, I forgot to add the UMP to my list....fixed.
As for you commie b*****d, you know nothing. I never said the gun was light, I said the pistol ammo is smaller and lighter than rifle ammo, therefore you would be able to carry more. You don't need a bullet with a ******** AP capability against zombies, because most would be civilians. HK makes the best guns in the world; the MP5 is the best SMG in the world. They are worth the $10,000 USD price tag.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:06 pm
lazycommie
but H&K makes crap that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

I'm sorry, what?

Please tell me I read that wrong.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:31 pm
ArmasTermin
lazycommie

I'm sorry, what?

Should we hide him from Lord Plate?

Thdark

OO23OO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:51 pm
Thdark
ArmasTermin
lazycommie

I'm sorry, what?

No.
She should rip him limb from limb for that statement.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:08 pm
OO23OO
Thdark
ArmasTermin
lazycommie

I'm sorry, what?

No.
She should rip him limb from limb for that statement.
I suppose you are right. There is no "First Offense" in this form of crime.

Thdark

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:43 pm
ArmasTermin
lazycommie

I'm sorry, what?

It's overhyped crap that breaks easy and is almost impossible to get parts for.

The only thing that isn't worthless is the G3 and it's derivative MBRs(PTR-91), because it wasn't designed by those idiots(it started out as a Mauser design built in Spain by CETME in the years following WWII, then H&K copied it almost to the letter, most parts will even interchange).

Other than that, it's nothing but junk. It gets a good reputation due to marketing, but other than that it's just overpriced and poorly designed.

A SMG that is basically a G3 in 9mm? The design doesn't work very well with the 9mm round

A rifle made of plastic that melts and has easy to damage optics and no backup optics, let alone the fact that it jams more than any other modern military weapon? It's a piece of s**t

A rifle exactly like the one above, but with more plastic that is easily melted or broken and is supposed to be "modular". Asking for trouble, I'm glad to see it got canned.

A handgun that relies on a little bit of rubber for proper locking? That's just plain stupid.

And it appears I've made a few enemies by calling out a shitty company with awful customer service, inferior products and that exists solely because of marketing.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:45 pm
Such heresy should not go unpunished. However I don't know the laws of the Ban-Hammer.  

Freak_090
Captain

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:59 pm
lazycommie

It's overhyped crap that breaks easy and is almost impossible to get parts for.

The only thing that isn't worthless is the G3, because it wasn't designed by those idiots(it started out as a Mauser design built in Spain by CETME in the years following WWII).

Other than that, it's nothing but junk. It gets a good reputation due to marketing, but other than that it's just overpriced and poorly designed.

A SMG that is basically a G3 in 9mm? The design doesn't work very well with the 9mm round

A rifle made of plastic that melts and has easy to damage optics and no backup optics, let alone the fact that it jams more than any other modern military weapon? It's a piece of s**t

A rifle exactly like the one above, but with more plastic that is easily melted or broken and is supposed to be "modular". Asking for trouble, I'm glad to see it got canned.

A handgun that relies on a little bit of rubber for proper locking? That's just plain stupid.

And it appears I've made a few enemies by calling out a shitty company with awful customer service, inferior products and that exists solely because of marketing.

1) H&K does LITTLE marketing in the US

2)H&K make very well designed and very reliable weapons.

3)The UMP45 was designed for close quarters combat not the rugged-out doors. Therefore, no need for "Super strong" sights.

4) There is a reason H&K use the basic G3 layout for most of their rifles, Proven reliability.

5) Unless you put a ridiculous amount of ammo that would never be feasible for combat situations the plastic won't melt.

6)Can you really blame them for lack customer service? Most of their business is Military related, and they are base in a country that has strict gun laws, because of this they have a tiny civilian market.

7) Do you know of any weapons that have "Back-up" sights, with the exeption of those wich have mounted optics?  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff