Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
Robert Pattinson officially cast as Edward Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think he'll do a good job
  Yes!! Cedric love <3
  Yeah..I guess..whatever
  He can act the part, but doesn't look it
  He looks the part but can't act it
  NO!UGH, this sucks!!
View Results

Angel Bixxa

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:13 am
I don't think hes a good choice.
Its not that he is a bad actor - i actually really like him. But hes just not Edward.

Of course no one perfect to play Edward...coughgaspardcough  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:24 am
I wasn't too thrilled. =/ Like most people I had an image of perfection already in my mind or didn't want to see him at all because I couldn't imagine something so beautiful.

But I'm even more thrilled about the movie. I'm sure he'll do an amazing job and I'll be captivated just to see the words that made me so happy on the big screen.  

kittiko

x-Caz-x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:25 am
NOOOOOOOOOO IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!! I thought it was bettween Gaspard and someone else!~ Oh man... this is going to be another one of those Eragon films... ((by the way~ in that film... they are wearing JEANS... how the hell is that possible!!))  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:33 am
I think the directors made a BAD choice!! when i saw the post that he would be the Edward i cried!! he is not the right person for the part .. he is sooooo UGLY and Edward is aSEXY GOD! so i am really confuzed why they chose him to play the part.. kay now i really think that they ruined it!!  

TRAGEDY-hits

xxcelestialstarxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:06 am
We can't say that it is ruined until we actually see the movie. Remember that he'll probably look better and more like Edward with the right makeup and stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:39 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
He'll look better, yeah, but make up can only do so much. If we think he's ugly naturally then he won't look THAT much better once the movie comes out.

And like I said in another thread..or maybe it was another guild..
We're all pretty much basing our opinions of Robert Pattinson on his performance as Cedric Diggory, who is also supposed to be a charming good looking character.
If we don't think he was good looking as Cedric, oru opinions probably aren't gonna be much different as Edward.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

KiraLight
Crew

broadwayluvr4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:29 pm
he sucks and he really doesn't fit the part!!!!! he's not rediculously hot enough!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:46 pm
OMG!! i hate this guy!! (hi ppl! i just joined not to long ago)
i think he looks like a fricken perv!  

QueenTwi

Rejected_Artist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:01 pm
He wouldn't be my first choice of Edward, but I am just curious to see how well he plays the part.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:04 pm
Well, i personally think that there is no human alive who is possibly hot enough to play Edward, and unless a vampire steps up and wants to take his place I suppose he's livable... cry  

the_queen_of_the_fairies

Ayllin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:58 pm
I'm seeing a lot of disappointment, but honestly, I'd be disappointed with anyone they chose, cuz nobody can live up to Edward's perfection. But I think that Robert can and will do a good job. It wasn't the best picture on her site, but I've seen some pics of him where he is quite good looking- in my opinion. That's another problem, one person's Edward won't be anothers- there's no way that everyone would have ended up happy. He's not perfect, but I'll give him the benifit of the doubt on his ability of acting out Edwards role. Edward's perfection isn't all about his good looks, and I believe Robert's a good actor- all in all, that what'll come down to. biggrin

User Image
User Image
User Image

I just think he needs to wax his eyebrows just a little bit. But that's just my opinion. Something about guys with out-of-control, hairy eyebrows just bugs me. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Ayllin
Edward's perfection isn't all about his good looks

What are you talking about, Edward's perfection is all about his good looks! rolleyes
When it comes down to it, Edward is a little bit of a jerk, I'm sorry to say.

But yeah..a little work on the eyebrows and a good shave would probably help. But I still dont' think he looks that great. Acting ability he's definately going to a do a good job but no amount of make up can change that scary and extremely unattractive facial expression he always seems to have...

KiraLight
Crew

Mizuko Aquarian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:55 am
I'm going to wait till I see the movie to finally judge him. There is no human who can really pull off Edward. Thankfully, there is hollywood make-up artists for that.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:00 pm
Sorry, but he does not look like what i picture Edward to be.
Why did they even choose him?  

Chocol8Chips

QueenTwi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:34 pm
mugglegirl713
Well, i personally think that there is no human alive who is possibly hot enough to play Edward, and unless a vampire steps up and wants to take his place I suppose he's livable... cry

I totally agree with ya!!  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces