Its was ok
  It was inaccurate or stupid (comment)
View Results

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:46 am
Tokensyo
I Love Vampirefreaks Is The Best Goth Culture In The Web:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's really not.

Proof:

http://vampirefreaks.com/bands.php?search=Bauhaus
http://vampirefreaks.com/bands.php?search=Joy+Division
http://vampirefreaks.com/bands.php?search=The+Cure
http://vampirefreaks.com/bands.php?search=Sisters+of+Mercy
http://vampirefreaks.com/bands.php?search=Siouxsie

Et' cetera, et' cetera.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:24 pm

One would think they would have those bands on there. Guess not.  

NekoYasha09er

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:31 am
NekoYasha09er

I'm not all too suprised by it.

While Vampire Freaks does have a small goth-culture overlap, it mostly appeals to the "neo-goth" oontz-oontz clubbers, as well as more than a few mallgoths.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:26 pm
GilAskan
NekoYasha09er

While Vampire Freaks does have a small goth-culture overlap, it mostly appeals to the "neo-goth" oontz-oontz clubbers, as well as more than a few mallgoths.

Ah I see.  

NekoYasha09er

Melainis

Thirteenth Codger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:11 pm

Isn't that sad?

Anyhow, I thought that the illustrations on the Goth Stereotypes site were adorable. Some of the subcategories weren't entirely accurate, though. -shrugs-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:52 pm
GilAskan
NekoYasha09er

It's all gone to the Emos.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:25 pm
spooky_sez
GilAskan
NekoYasha09er

Them and others....look at the name of the place. "Vampire Freaks." Who do you think will be going there, aside from a few genuine goths? neutral

No Bauhaus??? "That's a crime against goth culture, we'll have to detain you for the next 48 hours sir."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:19 am
that was cute! *u*  

[hated_monster]

Deadly Destroyer

21,100 Points
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle Hardened 150

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:51 pm

I love her artwork it's different and cute.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:14 pm
Rellik San

But on the other hand, the two groups do have enough similarities (particularly in a tendency to wear black and a love of things dark and spooky)

That's pretty much where the confusion comes from. They both share a similar dress code, although with a few sweeping differences. There's more subdivision in the Goth culture to cater to more tastes, whereas metal has only a handful of sub-metalheads, like black metallers and such, who are pretty distinct.

Quote:
Last time I checked, us metalheads weren't about the spooky, more about the BRUTAL, EPIC, and POWAH!

But I see what you mean, it tries to resolve the issue, but instead just leaves it ambiguous, one of the main differences included should be;
"The key difference is in attitude, metal heads tend to react in a more aggressive manner, rather then the considered passive manner in which goths (except rivet heads and baby bats) will react.

I.e. If someone was to insult a metal head the typical response would be:
"Come here, so I can rip your arm off and beat you to death with the soggy end."

Where as the goth my respond, often with a clever witticism or such."

That's part of it too. I've been to one Ozfest and two Downloads and while metal is for me, most of the crowd isn't. I mean I can handle a day of SICK MOSH BRAAA once or twice a year, but I know people who live through that lens.

Mainly though I think its about music. If you're a metalhead you mainly listen to metal, you can be as timid and dress in pink all you like providing you're into metal. Goth is more or less the same, just switch 'metal' or any of the Goth related genres like darkwave or Goth rock.

Quote:
Also is it slightly wrong I can put each member of my family into the appropriate category on that site?

Lol! Pics!  

xStephanx

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:29 pm
XWraith_LordX
spooky_sez
GilAskan
NekoYasha09er

Them and others....look at the name of the place. "Vampire Freaks." Who do you think will be going there, aside from a few genuine goths? neutral

No Bauhaus??? "That's a crime against goth culture, we'll have to detain you for the next 48 hours sir."

It's not really vampirefreaks' fault, though. The reason those bands don't have pages is because they haven't created any, not because of vampirefreaks.
Also, I think you should really look into vampirefreaks' popularity before making a comment like that. A lot of popular gothic bands have only recently became users versus a popular site like myspace who has many of our favorite bands on it most likely because more bands know about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:52 pm
Ya right now i would be considered a little bit of the baby bat which is because i have these awesome pants that would be considered that but the make me feel pretty so whatever >.< i just dont have money enough to buy many of the Victorian clothes and stuff that i like  

haine13

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:08 am
haine13
Ya right now i would be considered a little bit of the baby bat which is because i have these awesome pants that would be considered that but the make me feel pretty so whatever >.< i just dont have money enough to buy many of the Victorian clothes and stuff that i like

It's not all about clothes, you know. Pants does not a Goth make.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:09 am
XWraith_LordX
spooky_sez
GilAskan
NekoYasha09er

Haha! Yeah, I agree.

I recently deleted my VF account. I'm so sick of that place.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:26 am
spooky_sez
XWraith_LordX
spooky_sez
GilAskan
NekoYasha09er

Haha! Yeah, I agree.

I recently deleted my VF account. I'm so sick of that place.

Its why I just stick with the basics of Myspace and Facebook.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff