Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
We STILL don't have a bloody banner!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:38 pm
Not So Common Cold
00NINE-1
It's not that dead. When I check the join requests list, there always usually 1 or 2 people applying. Outside of posting in one or two threads, they don't come back. Or if they do come back, they lurk.
Well, it's defiantly slower then when I first joined... maybe I'm a guild killer?

It's probably pick up again when the OVA comes out then die down again. I'm pretty sure most guilds experience this, there be tons of threads and posts at the beginning then gradually slow down.

Na, you're not the 'guild killer.' If anyone would be labeled as the 'guild killer,' it probably be me. I hate to see my name on the majority of threads as the last poster so I always end up lurking. lol

It only takes a couple of people to have fun. If you want to make some banners to advertise, that's cool. You can never have too much advertising!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:06 pm
00NINE-1
Not So Common Cold
00NINE-1
It's not that dead. When I check the join requests list, there always usually 1 or 2 people applying. Outside of posting in one or two threads, they don't come back. Or if they do come back, they lurk.
Well, it's defiantly slower then when I first joined... maybe I'm a guild killer?

It's probably pick up again when the OVA comes out then die down again. I'm pretty sure most guilds experience this, there be tons of threads and posts at the beginning then gradually slow down.

Na, you're not the 'guild killer.' If anyone would be labeled as the 'guild killer,' it probably be me. I hate to see my name on the majority of threads as the last poster so I always end up lurking. lol

It only takes a couple of people to have fun. If you want to make some banners to advertise, that's cool. You can never have too much advertising!

I don't think anyone's really a guild killer. If we had to name someone, it would probably be every single one of us that was active before the sudden drop in activity.

I've been trying to stir up activity within the guild, although it only really works for those who are really new and post lots in one day. Although today and yesterday gave good yields in terms of posts. If only we could get more to talk about...

The same thing's happening in the official thread. Everything's been discussed to death: the anime's been completely worn out, the manga's finished its run, the figures have already had their days, even the dub's been amply discussed. The games are the one thing that we haven't really touched on, and that's because none of us can really play them, so technically we've already discussed them as much as we can. Any sort of projects or contests or activities of some sort related to Lucky Star have either been done or won't be worth trying. I can see why the guild's dead.

Haha, way to be totally off topic, TGH. Anyways, I think this topic is now somewhat obsolete since we already have a good amount of signatures, banners, and the like, although I'd welcome advertisements. I wonder how we'd advertise, though.  

The_Great_Hero

kokolao

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:16 pm
ah?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:26 pm
kokolao
ah?

Lol, it seems like you haven't been here in a while, although I think it's just me not paying attention. Are you going tl;dr right now?  

The_Great_Hero

Ivory Cream Puff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:31 pm
I see O: I guess I should've figured that out razz

I might still make some banners though, just 'cuz I'm bored.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:01 pm
I can't think of anything to talk about. It's kind of like being best friends with someone and you know each other so well that you'll usually sit on the phone with an awkward silence. Yeah, you could ask them about their day but it probably be summed up in just one sentence and the awkward silence continues.

him: hows your day, man?
me: doing alright, u?
him: so-so
me: anything exciting happened?
him: na, u?
me: nope
*awkward silence for like 15 minutes*
me: soooo.
him: well, i gotta go dude.
me: alright.

Me and my best friend.

Anyways, the only way I know how to advertise is making a banner and sticking it in signature.  

00NINE-1
Crew

The_Great_Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:04 am
00NINE-1
I can't think of anything to talk about. It's kind of like being best friends with someone and you know each other so well that you'll usually sit on the phone with an awkward silence. Yeah, you could ask them about their day but it probably be summed up in just one sentence and the awkward silence continues.

Me and my best friend.

Anyways, the only way I know how to advertise is making a banner and sticking it in signature.

Lol, I guess me and my friends have more exciting lives and more to talk about than you do. XD

Are there any forum rules concerning guild advertising? I'd wager that there'd be some place where we can advertise our guild using something more prominent than a banner in our signatures. I've been using my signature for quite a while, and I don't think people click on it. Sure, I don't have anything that shows that clicking on the banner directs you to the guild, but I do have something.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:11 pm
yes yes bloody mary is a good drink, but i dont like that sweatdrop  

kokolao

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:48 pm
The_Great_Hero
00NINE-1

Me and my best friend.

Lol, I guess me and my friends have more exciting lives and more to talk about than you do. XD

Are there any forum rules concerning guild advertising? I'd wager that there'd be some place where we can advertise our guild using something more prominent than a banner in our signatures. I've been using my signature for quite a while, and I don't think people click on it. Sure, I don't have anything that shows that clicking on the banner directs you to the guild, but I do have something.

My life isn't exciting but his is since he goes partying and stuff.

I don't know if we got any advertising rules. We might have one, maybe. Or not  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:50 pm
Well, you could go around advertising in the CB, and I'm sure you can put a banner in a post style, but I think that's about it.  

Ivory Cream Puff

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:19 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Well, now that the Official Thread is as good as dead, the guild may or may not pick up in posts again.

Yes, all the Lucky Star fans are showing themselves after the "glorious all powerful" Streamjumper moved the thread.

To the A/M/C Mods, CBing a thread is the same as throwing it in the bin. That's where they shove everything they don't like.

They also have a tendency to move threads belonging in the A/M/C to other parts of the site when they shouldn't of done so.
...at least you have influence.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:41 pm
Onicept
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Well, now that the Official Thread is as good as dead, the guild may or may not pick up in posts again.

Yes, all the Lucky Star fans are showing themselves after the "glorious all powerful" Streamjumper moved the thread.

To the A/M/C Mods, CBing a thread is the same as throwing it in the bin. That's where they shove everything they don't like.

They also have a tendency to move threads belonging in the A/M/C to other parts of the site when they shouldn't of done so.

Way to give up hope.

Also, the Official Thread doesn't matter. We need advertisements elsewhere. The majority of our advertisements appeared in the Official Thread, and obviously we aren't getting much out of that. I've noticed that outside advertisement actually has a higher chance of giving us more members, so we should focus on that.

To be perfectly honest, I think we shouldn't talk about the Official Thread in the guild. What happens in the Official Thread stays in the Official Thread. It's better that way.

I might take a look at the forum rules to check for anything on guild advertisements. There probably is a tidbit about advertising, but maybe we can somehow create a sneaky thread that brings people in. Preferably with promises of cute lolis and funny dialogue. XD  

The_Great_Hero

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:18 am
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Way to give up hope.

Also, the Official Thread doesn't matter. We need advertisements elsewhere. The majority of our advertisements appeared in the Official Thread, and obviously we aren't getting much out of that. I've noticed that outside advertisement actually has a higher chance of giving us more members, so we should focus on that.

To be perfectly honest, I think we shouldn't talk about the Official Thread in the guild. What happens in the Official Thread stays in the Official Thread. It's better that way.

I might take a look at the forum rules to check for anything on guild advertisements. There probably is a tidbit about advertising, but maybe we can somehow create a sneaky thread that brings people in. Preferably with promises of cute lolis and funny dialogue. XD
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

I didn't give up hope. I just faced reality. >.>

The fate of the thread is dead set now, and this Guild was created because of the Official Thread.

I also attract people to the Guild, because I advertise everytime I post. At least 1 image in my signature always links here as well.

I also get PMs from newer users who do not yet know how to sign up to Guilds.

Because if Gaia had paid any attention to guilds, it might be a bit easier.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:31 pm
Onicept
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Way to give up hope.

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

The fate of the thread is dead set now, and this Guild was created because of the Official Thread.

I also attract people to the Guild, because I advertise everytime I post. At least 1 image in my signature always links here as well.

Well, I reject your reality and substitute my own. XD I always wanted to say that.

Everyone that advertises and links to the guild contributes to the guild. That's you, me, and a few others. Since I'm not in any sort of considerable position in any guilds, I guess I can't expect to receive PMs from people, so you got me there.

The only thing that Gaia really needs to do for guilds is make it easy for us to advertise and for members to find guilds of interest. Everything else pretty much lies with the guild, so I honestly don't think that Gaia really needs to pay much attention to guilds. More attention would have helped, though.  

The_Great_Hero

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:35 am
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Way to give up hope.

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Well, I reject your reality and substitute my own. XD I always wanted to say that.

Everyone that advertises and links to the guild contributes to the guild. That's you, me, and a few others. Since I'm not in any sort of considerable position in any guilds, I guess I can't expect to receive PMs from people, so you got me there.

The only thing that Gaia really needs to do for guilds is make it easy for us to advertise and for members to find guilds of interest. Everything else pretty much lies with the guild, so I honestly don't think that Gaia really needs to pay much attention to guilds. More attention would have helped, though.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

The whole "Guild" system needs a huge update. I mean, the main page for the Guild system is so very old.

I mean, everything on the pages are so inconsistent (I mean, there is a floating blue bar that says "Post a Reply" that is not connected to anything), things just appear in locations they aren't and the such.

I think it does need an update.

~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas