Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Captain Olimar (rant about Brawl characters) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:16 pm
actually, if they did put him i nthe game they would do one of two things:

1) they would make his moves heavy and more powerful than fox's since wolf is a wolf, and we all know that wolves are bigger than foxes.

2)they would just get rid of falco. Making wolf's attacks stronger than fox's, since wolves are still bigger than foxes...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:08 pm
That, plus give wolf an attack that act's a little or completely differently than fox's.

In anycase, Olimar looks like a fun character to play. Unorthodox and unexpected maybe, but still fun. 3nodding  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:17 pm
does he pull pikmin out of the ground with his down move, or how does he get the pikmin?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:29 pm
He has to pull them out of the ground, like peach does with her turnips. The only difference there is the kind of ground affects the color of the pikmin.  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:25 am
Thats actually a pretty good idea on their behalf, but that means anyone who plays as olimar would have to familiarize themselves with the areas they battle in.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:33 am
Fireyblaze000
Deathguiser
actually, that would be kind of dumb since well fox is a fox and wolf is a wolf. I think he should just be a character. I mean they made young link, and he IS the same as link, only younger. I hate assist trophies, but I guess its better than no wolf at all.

Young link, Ganondorf, Roy, and Falco piss me off. What's the point of making a clone of another with slightly different moves and movement/power? Im not saying that he should not be in the game but I he would pretty much be the new Falco.

Exactly. If you want variety, clones is definitely not the way to go.  

Shigeru the Hero

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:22 am
Deathguiser
actually, if they did put him i nthe game they would do one of two things:

1) they would make his moves heavy and more powerful than fox's since wolf is a wolf, and we all know that wolves are bigger than foxes.

2)they would just get rid of falco. Making wolf's attacks stronger than fox's, since wolves are still bigger than foxes...

I rather have Jigglypuff than Wolf. I've only seen him on one game and he did not play a big role. The best thing would be if he was a assist trophy. Comes in his Wolfen and shoots bombs or drop health. If you hate assist trophy, you should also hate pokeballs from melee too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:33 am
Deathguiser
does he pull pikmin out of the ground with his down move, or how does he get the pikmin?
He uses his normal special move. The down move gathers all Pikmin that have separated from Olimar back to him.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:44 am
They announced that they are taking out all clones or changing their moves to make them original a while ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:45 am
Jonnnn
They announced that they are taking out all clones or changing their moves to make them original a while ago.

Ok, that makes it better.  

Harrison Richardson

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:53 am
Jonnnn

I thought that was a speculation, but that's nice to hear.

Also,
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Is crying "I am a perfect Assist Trophy"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:20 pm
Shigeru K
Jonnnn

Also,
Custom Robo FTW.  

Raike99

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:23 pm
Raike99
Shigeru K
Jonnnn

Also,
Custom Robo FTW.

I second this "FTW!" xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:35 pm
Ray MK II would be a great assist trophy.....I think he would come on stage and fly around and shoot people or dash at them  

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100

Honto-E-Lawl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:32 pm
Jonnnn

thats actually only a rumor...but its very likely.....  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff