Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Can you be Wiccan or a Witch and still go to church? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do you stand?
  Yes...can be Wiccan and still go to church
  Yes...can be a Witch and still go to church
  No...you cannot do both
  Don't care
View Results

TheUltimateToastOverlord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:55 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
TheUltimateToastOverlord
personally I dont really ggive a s**t because I can make my own relligion just like pagans and christians do.

Great; good for you.
Just give it an original name and don't call it "Christan-Wicca" or some irrelevent s**t.
What do you give a s**t about then in creating your own religion? Does the nature of the deitiy matter? Does cultural or historical context matter at all?
Or do you just want warm divine fuzzies?
Quote:
and to Sanguina Cruenta- I can have my own god and personally I dont really care if shes not a goddess, aphrodite wasnt a goddess till she was made one, I can have my own goddess a new one a better one

So now you're about making your own religion....and now you're being terribly disrespectful of one of the figures you want to hold up as a god? Does it ever sink in that maybe Mary doesn't want to be a goddess and is not meant to be worshiped as a goddess? That according to that faith, there can and will be no other deities? That was one of the Abrahamic god's biggest rules, to have no other gods before him.
Why does your "I WANT A GODDESS AND I WANT HER NOW!" trump the person/divine figure you're trying to misappropriate? It is frustrating when someone is trying to make a faith and they feel that they can just ignore the things that they don't like which are still integral parts of what they like and are using.
And who do you think you are saying that you can "make one better"? confused If you feel you need to make a divine being "better" then you should probably leave them alone and go find a deity that measures up to your standards. It is terribly rude to take a deity and then try to tell him/her or make him/her "better."

Quote:
my hybrid faith is know called chragatian. or Chu-rag- a- tion

How did you come up with this name, out of curiosity?

It is a mix of Christian and Pagan  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:57 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
TheUltimateToastOverlord
I can have my own god and personally I dont really care if shes not a goddess, aphrodite wasnt a goddess till she was made one, I can have my own goddess a new one a better one

Aphrodite has always been a goddess. Show me a myth where she started as a mortal.

Show me any Christian text that respects Mary as a deity.
She's a mortal. If you love and honour her, why the hell would you pretend she's something that she's not? Wanting Mary to be a goddess won't make her a goddess any more thank wanting your great grandmother to be a goddess will make her a goddess.

Well @ least I have proof that Jesus God and The Holy Spirit do exist and I have a real religion  

TheUltimateToastOverlord

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:11 pm
TheUltimateToastOverlord
Sanguina Cruenta
TheUltimateToastOverlord
I can have my own god and personally I dont really care if shes not a goddess, aphrodite wasnt a goddess till she was made one, I can have my own goddess a new one a better one

Aphrodite has always been a goddess. Show me a myth where she started as a mortal.

She's a mortal. If you love and honour her, why the hell would you pretend she's something that she's not? Wanting Mary to be a goddess won't make her a goddess any more thank wanting your great grandmother to be a goddess will make her a goddess.

Well @ least I have proof that Jesus God and The Holy Spirit do exist and I have a real religion

Please provide your proof that the Holy Spirit is real.
Ready, go.

And methinks you lack the creativity to make a proper effigy and the focus to make it actually mean anything. We won't even get into your disgusting attitude towards people who have given input in an effort to help you out rolleyes . I can see that you don't really wish to learn or grow, you just want to be teh soopr speshul chozen 1 sno flayk. May your god treat you in kind for your attitude.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:25 pm
i have a friend thats like ''im christian,wiccan,and spirit medium.'' i was all out on her.
i told her that is sort of rude of her to say shes wiccan when she doesnt know a thing about it and that spirit medium isnt a religion. [she started the whole medium thing after playing this video game. she even got the symbol from the game. its like a half yin yang.]
then she told me shes learning to be wiccan. i was totally wanting to slap her. she knows nothing of it. she thinks its just spells and symbols.

ugghh. sorry to rant. continue. smile <3  

Bad Quality Serena

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:20 pm
I think you can be a witch and go to church but, There are some that are still stuck in the past so, No matter where you go you will always run into that problem but, thats just my thoughts  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:31 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
TheUltimateToastOverlord
Sanguina Cruenta
TheUltimateToastOverlord

Ready, go.

And methinks you lack the creativity to make a proper effigy and the focus to make it actually mean anything. We won't even get into your disgusting attitude towards people who have given input in an effort to help you out rolleyes . I can see that you don't really wish to learn or grow, you just want to be teh soopr speshul chozen 1 sno flayk. May your god treat you in kind for your attitude.

Ok here i go at a pathtic attempt to make sense at something that shouldnt be able to made sense of. If a spirit is like a god or goddess how can you prove that it real at all you just go by what you heart says and feels thous your heart tells your mind that it is real so when you belive something is real it is because your heart says it is if your heart says it not then it will never be real no matter what people say its the same with all stuff that scienece cant explain it is in your heart not your mind.  

Furrie Princess Nala

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:01 pm
child of fire1982
Violet Song jat Shariff
TheUltimateToastOverlord
Sanguina Cruenta
TheUltimateToastOverlord

Ready, go.

Ok here i go at a pathtic attempt to make sense at something that shouldnt be able to made sense of. If a spirit is like a god or goddess how can you prove that it real at all you just go by what you heart says and feels thous your heart tells your mind that it is real so when you belive something is real it is because your heart says it is if your heart says it not then it will never be real no matter what people say its the same with all stuff that scienece cant explain it is in your heart not your mind.

She said she had proof for the Holy Spirit.
If she's going to brag about having "proof" then she had better be ready to provide it. I have bolded that part of her statement.
I mean, if I come up to you and say "Hey I have a 14k gold pentacle with a 2 carat diamond in the middle." one of the first things you're going to say is "Oh cool let me see."
You really don't need to explain what UPG is and how it works to me wink  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:00 pm
witch, yes because witchcraft is not a religion, its a craft.

wiccan, technically you can, seeing that a church is merely a building, but wiccans do not follow a christian path and do not recognize the christian deities (whether good or bad), so there's really no point for a wiccan to participate in the christian church. unless, of course, its purely for educational reasons, 'cause knowledge is power.  

whiporwill-o

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:07 pm
whiporwill-o
but wiccans do not follow a christian path and do not recognize the christian deities (whether good or bad)

I'm not so sure about this.
I'm sure quite a few Wiccans believe in the Abrahamic god(s). They just don't honor them wink .  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:42 pm
I tend to acknowledge that he exists, but other than a general respect that I would show towards any God, he's not someone that I worship. In theory though, I would say all Trad Wiccans acknowledge him on some level, otherwise the oaths that they swear wouldn't mean all that much. If you didn't believe, then the "curse of the Goddess" wouldn't really hold all that much weight.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:42 pm
I've always interpreted "the hell of the Christians" to be "the undesirable company of unpleasant Christians" xd or possibly "damned to being a Christian in the next life".

I've kinda always thought Gerald was being a bit facetious there. But that might just be me.

Now YHWH I can only really understand as a Jewish god. I get him as the god of the Jews. They're his people, his chosen. I don't understand him as the god of anyone else, and I've always sorta interpreted him as an old man in a white robe driven to absolute distraction by far more worshippers than he ever expected to have. But that's just my silly little idea ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:06 pm
Sanguina Cruenta

I've always sorta interpreted him as an old man in a white robe driven to absolute distraction by far more worshippers than he ever expected to have. But that's just my silly little idea ^_^

i never really thought about it that way xd  

whiporwill-o

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:04 pm
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX
i have a friend thats like ''im christian,wiccan,and spirit medium.'' i was all out on her.
i told her that is sort of rude of her to say shes wiccan when she doesnt know a thing about it and that spirit medium isnt a religion. [she started the whole medium thing after playing this video game. she even got the symbol from the game. its like a half yin yang.]
then she told me shes learning to be wiccan. i was totally wanting to slap her. she knows nothing of it. she thinks its just spells and symbols.

omgs I had an exboyfriend like that. The difference is that he's also a wannabe-vampire who claims he has powers off of shows and movies like "Charmed", "The Craft" and "Practical Magic"...and when I got up in his face and told him every reason why he has no right to call himself a Wiccan, he decided he wasn't Wiccan anymore and created his own religion called "The Religion of Ricky" which is basically exactly like Wicca, except he's the god and there are no ethics =_=
I personally believe that you cannot be a Christian Wiccan, but you can be a Christian Witch. My reasoning behind this is the fact that Wicca is a whole religion with much different beliefs than Christians (though some beliefs are quite similar) that don't fit well with the Christian beliefs. Besides that, not everyone can be Wiccan because Wicca is extremely self-demanding, which Christianity is most definitly not, at least not these days. But Witchcraft in and of itself is not based in any specific religion or tradition, though it is used in Wicca. And so, Witchcraft can be practiced by a Christian, though the Christian religion certainly doesn't exactly condone it.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games