Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Spring Anime Season 2008 [posts possible spoilers alert] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:58 pm
About Soul Eater, yes, I'll give you that. Haruhi was Aya Hirano's break out role, as well with pretty much the rest of the seiyuus of the SOS-Brigade, save for Yuuko Goto who pretty much got the least recognition for the role, though, she's been playing bigger parts recently. Not as much as Minorin or Daisuke can't remember the last part 3nodding

Tomokazu Sugita was already popular enough at the time 3nodding

Maka hasn't sang yet I don't thinks. If she sings, and sings well, this would probably be a breakout role for her to get into the big roles 3nodding

About A&L, yeah. Though, I'd probably be afraid of going after a girl like that *is a useless nerd*

About KnMG, Hah. I was right. x3

About InK, Yeah. It's sad. She died before it could finish.
And I'm...not sure really sweatdrop

About KKN, Dang. Am I the only one? o-o;;
She's totally someone that Hirano Aya would play don't you think?

Nah. Jellyfish talks ninja

About G13, Meh. I like to think. ninja

Not a complex plot? ninja
I don't think it's that standard ;o

Gonna watch Crystal Blaze and Amatsuki. Half way through Crystal Blaze, and I;m bored o-o;;
----
It does D;
----
True, true. Kanon was a dating sim too, and that was done almost perfectly ;o
Though, it did have a better plot than a lot of the dating sims I've seen >.>

Gah, I wanna see it D:
lol...lucky crying

Nah, that would ruin it possibly. I couldn't see him doing a television anime. His works are too precise on the bare details, the extra minutes would just bring it down.

Hah. Who doesn't? xD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:08 pm
Soul Eater
Take a good look at her while you can. A thousand otaku of the Japanese nation will desend upon you. Their hands will blot out the sun. ninja

Allison and Lillia
I'm a nerd too but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Kyouran Kazouku Nikki
Yeah, I can now definitely see Aya doing it. Even so Ayumi is doing a good job as Kyoka. She's also VAing Raimi of Nabari no Ou. biggrin

TTGL
TL biggrin R

I skimmed through it and thought "How the hell did he come up with that much to say about TTGL?" I must be a simple person because I sure as hell didn't come up with that while watching TTGL. he might be over-analyzing it. I could probably do the same thing with Nanoha.

The plot was simple to me, it was "the group gotta kick the spirals' asses." sweatdrop

-------------
Next week I'm going to be swamp with last assignments so I probably end up not watching anything for a week. sucks

-------------
I wouldn't say that Kanon is a dating sim.

No, I didn't say make a television anime. Redo the OVA with updated art especially on the characters. Like pump a lot of money into just the visuals so when we watch it, our eyes would explode from the beauty. biggrin

--------------
I'm going to watch Himitsu and Monochrome Factor. I hope the stuff I ordered didn't get delivered to the wrong house.  

00NINE-1
Crew

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:03 pm
About SE, wait wah? o-o;;
Take a good look at who? sweatdrop

About A&L, heh...I wish I could sweatdrop

About KKN, Finally. I saw it the first second I saw her. And yeah, Ayumi is doing great. I could totally believe the character x3

About TTGL;
If you actually read through the whole thing, you'd know why I call the plot fabulous. The "good guys beating the crap out of the bad guys" is just a simpler plot for most people to understand, and the whole symbolism on everything is used to serve people who would rather have a more complex plot to follow.
And I saw the spiral motif EVERYWHERE in the series. Hell, even the sunglasses are a motif. Almost everything slightly relevant is some sort of symbolism in the series, and that's what I love about it.
To be frank, it ain't over-analyzation when this is GAINAX we're talking about. All their works have a huge deeper meaning to them. Like for instance FLCL is a coming of age story where even the sour drinks serve as a symbolism for something. 3nodding
As you can tell, TTGL is probably one of my favorite animes sweatdrop
-----
Hah, sucks for you. Though, I feel the same way @_@
-----
Kanon is a dating sim. It was a visual novel where the main guy would go around and try and attract the various girls. Pretty much the definition of a dating sim don't cha think? o-o;;

I can't imagine Voices to be any better than it is now. I can't remember if it used CGI or not, and in my opinion, CGI shouldn't be used if conventional means can be used unless the CGI flows perfectly with the environment. ;o
Like in Shakugan no Shana~
--------
Isn't Himitsu Yaoi? sweatdrop
Coming from a guy like you, I thought you'd be turned off by that kind of stuff sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:51 pm
Take a look at Chiaki. biggrin

I forgot about FLCL. I somehow got the FLCL's symbolisms. Maybe it was because I was actually paying attention.

I can see some of the stuff the author talked about.

I watched Himitsu. I don't know what to think.
The art looked rather old. I thought Maki was a girl at first, but he turned out to be a man. Is he wearing lipstick? -sigh-

Anyways, I actually like the premise. The whole idea of retrieving a murdered person's memory to solve a case is nice. It reminded me of Minority Report somewhat. Of course, Minority Report have precog to get the murderer before he/she murders and Himitsu is get the murderer by getting the victim's memory.

As long as it doesn't go yaoi on me then it'll be an enjoyable series.

I watched Monochrome Factor. I don't like.
Shounen-ai alert. Alert.

The Shirogane guy is wearing lipstick. The little schoolboy and the Shirogane guy is gay. Did Akira, male main protagonist, just blush when the Shirogane guy said he was cute? -sigh- They also kissed. Akira then turns into dual-wielding knife dude. Akira, stop blushing. Please stop blushing.

On the bright side, Aya is cute. I'm going to stick around for another episode for Aya.

I watched Nijuu Mensou Musume. NICE
I really like it. I got the whole James-Bond vibe coming from it. Art is top-notch as expected from Bones. The OP was very nice. The ED was excellent because of the cute girls in it. I especially like the girl with the brown and reddish hair in the ED. I hope she'll be introduced in the next episode.

Not too much stuff happened in the first episode. I found myself saying "Is that it?" I want moreee.

Chizuko is cute. I couldn't even tell that Aya Hirano was VAing her. Much more serious role than Konata or Haruhi.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next episode.

---------
It's alright. Good thing I only have one final exam to take. hehe

---------
I was thinking about something entirety different. sorry

I can imagine Voices being better. The story may not get any better but the visual can.  

00NINE-1
Crew

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:30 pm
Ahh, I'm not too sure what to say to that. Chiaki has room to improve, like a lot of other seiyuus out there domokun

Hah, I was still really small when I watched that anime, so I didn't exactly understand it back then. After rewatching it when I was older, I was in love xD

Good domokun

About Monochrome Factor, I was slightly dissapointed to find out it was a shounen-ai and Aya wouldn't be paired up with the main guy. I am moe for her @_@

Yeah, I'd probably only keep watching for her. I could do without the shounen-ai though x.X

And I'm seriously wondering is Daisuke Ono is bi or something. He's played a lot of gay guys x.X

About NMM, I loved the first ep. I couldn't tell AT ALL it was Hirano Aya. Just goes to show how awesome of a seiyuu she is. xP

I also absolutely love the Edogawa Ranpo/Edgar Allen Poe plot too. Poe just has to be one of my favorite writers x3
----
May Haruhi be with you 3nodding
----
Ahh, that's ok.

*shrugs* for it's time, it was a masterpiece. Hell, it's still one today x.X

Have you seen the movie "The Girl who Leapt Through Time?" It probably has to be one of my favorite anime movies x3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:11 am
Monochrome Factor
I love how they make the most interesting character, Aya, to be just a support character. She could get a series all to herself.

I think Daisuke Ono is straight.

NMM
I don't got a favorite author. T.T

I watched Real Drive. I don't know.
It's certainly is interesting but I want to talk about something else, the design of the various females in the anime. They're all rather "heavy." I can't seem to think of the correct term. I don't think I ever seen this before in an anime. No, they're not fat. They just got some thighs and butt. They're attractive but it was surprising to see this for the first time. I know the term I'm looking for now, voluptuous. They're voluptuous. There were also some fanservice which was weird since I don't remember any Production I.G anime having fanservice. Can't say I didn't like it though.

There's also some gore. That was some sick gore. biggrin

Anyways let's talk about the story. I was confused. There are many questions that I would like answered.

Art and stuff are topnotch as expected from Production I.G

Overall, I'm going to keep watching.

-------
Thanks
-------
I love She and Her Cat. It's only 5 minutes long but it's the best 5 minutes spent. I also love how Shinkai narrated it too.

Yeah, I seen it. Yeah, it's good. Bandai licensed it so I'm hoping to get it. Have you seen Stranger of the Sword? It's not a romance and drama anime that's for sure. It's a fairly recent film by BONES. It got the best swordfights to date and a lot of gore to boot.

-------  

00NINE-1
Crew

kokolao

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:04 pm
soul eater its really cool!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:42 pm
Sorry for responding late, been busy this week >.<

About MF, She feels like a character straight out of Seto no Hanayome, a favorite of mine ;o

Just like Mawari, except not as loli ;o
I was moe for Mawari x3

About NMM, hah. You should. x3

And I am in love with Soul Eater. Death the Kid is like, my hero now. I want to make an AMV or fanfic with him and Chiri from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and get them together. Perfection FTW? o-o;;

I just realized, Nabari no O's fight choreography sucks. Though, it's not as bad as the extendo-legs in Special A >.<

----
She and Her Cat was great. Probably one of the best short stories I've seen ;o

I'll be looking forward to it. *is a dub supporter* 3nodding
Ahh no. Has it been subbed? Are the sword fights as good as Seirei no Moribeito (I think that's what It's called x.X)

And..err...I don't deel with gore too well. Blood shed, torn limbs, those are fine with me. It's just the hardcore "OMG I can see your pancreas! Let's continue!" type gore that makes me sick to my stomach. @_@

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:06 pm
I'm surprised that I'm not busy as I thought I should have been. Oh well.. GTA IV hits next Tuesday so I'm almost positive that me being here will hit zero for a week or two. Oh daddy.. GTA! GTA!

Yeah, she does kind of remind me like Mawari. Luna reminds me of Akira and vice-versa.

Sadly I'm not a Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei fan at all. Death the Kid is cool but I think Maka is more cool. I always wanted to make an AMV but I'm too lazy...

No, the fight sequences doesn't suck. It's just average.

I did watch Special A and the legs were hilarious. The show was pretty good overall. I don't like the whole "dense girl" stuff although it was refreshing to not see the "dense guy" as a main protagonist.

I also watched episode 1 of Penguin Musume Heart. If you haven't heard, it's a 22 ONA series. It was funny. 14 minutes of hilarity. Sakura reminds me of Konata. I also think Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh also made an appearance or a lookalike.

-------------
Yeah, it's subbed. Seirei no Moribito, I don't know. I think they are both on par. Technically Seirei no Moribito doesn't have sword fights, more like spear fights. Anyways, Seirei no Moribito only got a couple of fight sequences and Stranger of the Sword got more fight sequences.

There are definitely crap load of appendages being cut off. It's not like guro guro.

edit:

I just watched Library Wars. Me like. Me like. The dialogue is kind of cheesy especially around the 10:00 minute mark. I don't got any problems with it though. I love the bold lines on close-ups. Iku is so moe. Atsushi heart Iku

Atsushi and Iku will end up together. Mark my words. I can already feel the love. I love the glaring light at the end and Atsushi's face coming into view. He's such a badass.

I'm sad that there will only be 12 episodes? I would like Seven Seas or Yen Press to translate the novels. Wishful thinking  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:37 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

After I finish "They Are My Noble Master" (a 2007-2008 winter Anime), I'm gonna watch...

Kanokon (MUST WATCH!)

Itazura na Kiss

Kure-nai

Kyōran Kazoku Nikki

Special A

ToLove-Ru

Wagaya no Oinarisama

and, of course, cause I am a Lolicon:

Naisho no Tsubomi

...at least you have influence.

Onicept
Captain

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:18 pm
Just a heads up, Kanokon and Special A are horrible anime x3

They turned Kanokon, a good light novel/manga with a decent plot to a senseless anime about ecchi x.x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:57 am
I'm sorry but I'm thoroughly enjoying Kanokon.  

00NINE-1
Crew

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:56 pm
Seriously? I found it extremely tedious and boring o-o;;

I'm liking the magna and the light novel though ;o

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:47 am
Yes, something about a horny fox and wolf deity make me have a silly grin. I guess episode 3 made it skyrocket into my favorites list. Especially at the end where Chizuru wanted Kouta to spank her for being bad, she takes off her panties, and Kouta just spanking away. WIN  

00NINE-1
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:53 pm
SirBaka
Just a heads up, Kanokon and Special A are horrible anime x3

They turned Kanokon, a good light novel/manga with a decent plot to a senseless anime about ecchi x.x
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Some of us here actually like Ecchi.

Thank you very much.

...at least you have influence.

~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items