Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Rant and Rave Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jewel_14

Skilled Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:05 am
...........(is debating whether to RANT or RAVE)

....hm....this is hard.....

Im really kinda torn actually. I mean i havent read anything in awhile cuz i've run out of good stuff to read and the last thing was Twilight...which is both RANT and RAVE.

Ok Being blunt. (cuz thats me in a nutshell) the BOOKS were decent, the MOVIE.....(Muderous Aura) <---- Nuff said.

(sorry for crappy Rant&Rave but not in the Rant&Rave Mood..i know your all going "...Then why the heck did she post in here?" O.o)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:08 pm
@Jewel: I'm sort of opposite. XD

I HATE, HATE, HATE the books. Can NOT stand them. *shudders* I only read Twilight, the first book, and it nearly drove me into severe depression. I might be over-reacting...but I was personally offended by the book.

I cried for the sake of literature. emo

Anyways, before I get attacked by Twilight fans, I'll halt my chatter... xd The movies were not as painful only because me and some of my friends enjoyed laughing at stuff. And we got glares from Twilight-fans watching the movie.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:21 pm

I've gotta agree with Otu-chan.
I read the first and second, the first wasn't so bad, (but it wasn't good either), it just felt really generic, like I'd read it before. The second one I just wanted to shake Bella until she was silly, I didn't like it.

I loved the movie though, it was the book, with all the boring parts cut out, (:

Oh well, to each their own, I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:55 pm
Eh......i'd have to agree, like i said i only believe them decent. After re reading and going over....yeah....(blech)  

jewel_14

Skilled Citizen

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:26 am
Irishroseh

I've gotta agree with Otu-chan.
I read the first and second, the first wasn't so bad, (but it wasn't good either), it just felt really generic, like I'd read it before. The second one I just wanted to shake Bella until she was silly, I didn't like it.

I loved the movie though, it was the book, with all the boring parts cut out, (:

Oh well, to each their own, I suppose.
Yeah, I thought the movie was a lot better because they didn't have all those boring parts.

I liked the part when Edward was like, "I SPARKLE" and I saw NO SPARKLES at all. My friends and I just burst out laughing so hard, and the whole theater just turned to stare at us. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:56 pm
If we're on the subject of Twilight, let me tell you this: I can write essays on how bad it is, as a piece of literature. And really, the only thing keeping me from burning them is the fact it actually got kids to read. (Like what the hell a** balls? Sorry.)

I could rant on for hours on how it has to be the worst piece of garbage I've ever read, and probably bore you guys to death with stuff you guys already know, or really care not too.

Just so you know. razz  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:04 am

What really gets me angry is when people compare it to Harry Potter.

There is NO comparison.

Meyers is not even close to touching Rowling's league with a ten foot pole.
Sorry Meyes fans, but her behaviour is outright appaling.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:45 am
Otulissa
@Jewel: I'm sort of opposite. XD

I HATE, HATE, HATE the books. Can NOT stand them. *shudders* I only read Twilight, the first book, and it nearly drove me into severe depression. I might be over-reacting...but I was personally offended by the book.

I cried for the sake of literature. emo

Anyways, before I get attacked by Twilight fans, I'll halt my chatter... xd The movies were not as painful only because me and some of my friends enjoyed laughing at stuff. And we got glares from Twilight-fans watching the movie.

To say the truth I am a Twilight fan but I laughed at the moive to.
By my own opinion I find the books better then the moive.
Yes I found a few mistakes that Stephanie Meyer made but it was still good. biggrin
In a way she changed the way people look at vampire. lol I find it wierd but the books I found .. entertaining, but none the less I liked them
<3 Ava

Ava850

Friendly Informer

6,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:04 pm
@Eikre : Don't even get me started. XD I've written essays for fun about why Twilight is horrible, a bad influence, and so many other negative qualities. I've emailed my friends rants... and yeah... XD;;

@Irishroseh : I used to HATE Harry Potter, but after reading Twilight, I have a whole new respect for it. Now I can't say I hate it. I think it's okay. But...ugh.... Twilight is just... I don't even have a word to convey how much I hate it...

@Ava : I respect your opinion.

And...

Did anyone notice how Twilight sort of talks down girls ? Edward and Bella is sort of like Adam and Eve... and isn't it annoying how Stephanie Meyer tries to make it look like Bella is "smart" but then has her go off and do stupid stuff? Oh, and has anyone noticed how FLAT some of the characters are? And how the plot is so cliche? Because I've read other stories almost identical to Twilight. And frankly, the other stories were better written...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:47 am
How, and how she butchers her references to "Great literature"?

If she had even bothered to read Romeo and Juliet as she quoted it, she'd realize that she and Edward are pretty much Romeo and Juliet where they meet and "OMGIWUVYOU".

Guess what happens to Romeo and Juliet? The same thing that SHOULD happen to Bella and Edward.

Semi-unrelated note: Vampires don't procreate. Two reasons: Vampire bodies are WAAAAY below the temperate for sperm to work, and that's even taking into consideration getting a vampire boy to have an erection, due to NO BLOOD FLOW. razz  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 pm
Virgil Lifeson
How, and how she butchers her references to "Great literature"?

If she had even bothered to read Romeo and Juliet as she quoted it, she'd realize that she and Edward are pretty much Romeo and Juliet where they meet and "OMGIWUVYOU".

Guess what happens to Romeo and Juliet? The same thing that SHOULD happen to Bella and Edward.

Semi-unrelated note: Vampires don't procreate. Two reasons: Vampire bodies are WAAAAY below the temperate for sperm to work, and that's even taking into consideration getting a vampire boy to have an erection, due to NO BLOOD FLOW. razz

Yeah, I don't like Romeo and Juliet together for the love-at-first-sight reason. And same goes for Bella and Edward *hi-fives* Bella and Edward should just die off together, LOL. XD

And ... about the note... that's an awkward thing to talk about. sweatdrop But true...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Haahhaha that's the same thing I told my friend when she was like "OMGOMG THEY HAD A BABY."

Me: o.0

I think perhaps Bella strayed. xD

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:19 pm
LOL! xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:28 am
Great minds think alike?

Also, we already knew Bella's a whore. I think it's Jacob's kid, which explains his ***** attraction to 'ikkle Nessie.  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:13 am
Don't know who 'ikkle Nessie is... xD
I've only read book 1 Twilight.  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff