Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply --○Lake of Dormancy○--
The Ruins of Serathlia [Intermediate/Beginner Fantasy] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a poll-whore looking for money?
  Why....yes I am!
  Nu-uh!
View Results

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:01 am
Faye continued walking, and felt the wind jostle her skirts and her long sleeves. Then, the wind tossed her long, black hair about, and luckily, it was neatly tied up into a ponytail. Still, the wind was quite annoying. Faye followed Eikre straight behind.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:46 am
Rinor started to follow after Lan, she hadn't noticed when Eikre and Fayette had started walking because she was caught in her own musings. Lan's sudden movement brought her back to the outside world. 'Some ninja I am.' She thought as she walked behind Lan, keeping her eyes on the streets and windows since she saw Lan had her eyes on the roofs, she had one hand resting on her kodachi hilt, so she could unshealth it quickly. The wind blew her short hair around but not enough to bother her.  

Blood_Covered_Pheonix

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:24 pm
After awhile of walking along silently, Lan got slightly annoyed. Sure she didn't want distractions, but her companions were so silent. It was quite unlike the night before, of that she was sure. She was never good at starting conversations that didn't end in brawls, so she kept her lips tightly pressed together, but after a while, even a fight sounded nice. 'Seriously,' she thought, 'I thought this was supposed to be a great adventure! I guess they never really talk about the boring traveling parts in all the ballads and tavern songs.' And then she very delicately sighed.

[Seriously, we need some actionnn ! ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:28 pm
Faye was not bored, like her comrade Lan obviously was. Fayette heard Lan's delicate sigh, and Faye just smiled to herself. She herself knew already that the travels may be long, tedious, and devoid of action, but it would all be worth it. Or, at least, Faye liked to hope it would. But, nonetheless, she couldn't help but ask, "When will we get there?"  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Blood_Covered_Pheonix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:02 pm
Rinor wore a small, almost nonexistant smile, she was happy to be moving, normally when she was this far into an adventure, which she was always a hired bodyguard, until now that is, the adventures would either die, or give up and go home. Now it was peaceful, more like a walk with a bunch of strangers rather than an adventure. Lan's sigh interupted her thoughts. She rolled her eyes, Lan seemed to be more of a hyperactive child with weapons training and a love for the tavern than an adult. Once again a voice interupted her thoughts, this time it was Fayette.
"Who knows? I'd say if we're lucky and don't run into much trouble, a few maurders, maybe a few jungles full of animals, with a couple other dangers like a dessert, or a hostile town, one year to a year and a half. Or if we're not lucky we won't make it, and if we do get there, and want to come back who knows it that will ever happen." She said to answer the question.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:16 pm
"Uh... Okay?" Fayette's "okay" was more of a question for someone to confirum Rinor's words than anything else. She wondered if it would really take that long. The journey would probably take most of the time, anyhow. But, Fayette hoped that no one would die, though it was actually rather likely.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:32 pm
Eikre barely listened to more of Rinor's musings, and said with a rather big smile, "We're not got gonna die. Probably come close to it, and closer to it as the full moon gets high in the sky, but that's about the size of it."

Still, she had a point. To pass the time, Eikre pulled out his lyre, and began to do a basic warm up, fingers playing gently over the strings in a few rudimentary conditioning songs the he himself came up with. He spoke over it in a semi-sing-song voice, "We will get there when we get there. We could take anywhere from two months of relative quiet, or six of great excitement pounding away at us to condition us for the great has-been city."

Actually, the one thing he didn't plan for was, of course, how to keep up spirits while they were traveling to Serathlia. Yet another thing I get to learn early. he thought to himself as switched his playing to an actual song, fingers flying over the strings, and his footfalls providing a drum's beat, twisted by a slight, whispered magic-chant to actually sound like drums.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:57 pm
"You actually have a lyre with you...?" Fayette was surprised. But, her question was so soft, no one could hear her. She was more saying it to herself than to anyone else. Nonetheless, Faye had to admit that Eikre was really good at playing the lyre. He was definitely musically talented.

I was never a big fan of music, but Eikre's good! I actually like the soothing sounds of the lyre...  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Blood_Covered_Pheonix

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:07 pm
Rinor let her left hand rest in her left pocket, while her right hand brushed her hair behind her ears. As Eikre began to play she let her mind wander, letting the dance of the mingling notes guide her thoughts, to the past, future and then to the present. Her eyes took in every detail it saw as though to fill her brain in on what it missed while she was thinking.  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:55 am
Lan privately thought that hostile towns and six [months/weeks?] of great excitment sounded perfect. They at least presented a challenge, something she hadn't had much of lately. For Lan really was 'more of a hyperactive child with weapons training and a love for the tavern than an adult.' Rinor had it spot on, even though the thoughts had never been voiced. Eventually, Lan forgot about adventure and treasure, instead listened to the music, while still keeping alert. She thought she knew the song, was wasn't quite sure. Without even noticing, she began to hum along.  

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:10 am
Fayette did not walk slowly, dragging her feet in boredom, but she did not walk quickly, hyper and eager for the future, either. She walked at an average pace, one foot after another, step by step, just walking forward. That's all she needed to do for now. She was in a pretty pleasant mood, and she started to hum along with Lan. Faye shot a little smile over at Lan, and hummed a bit louder.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:57 pm
Hearing the some of the girls humming to his music. Heh, and I'm not even trying to entrance anybody here. Least I know they have a good taste of music, if not rhythm. He thought to himself as he looked around. They were still within eyesight with of their town, but he still kept an eye out for other figures moving with murderous intent.

It wouldn't help to get ambushed on the first day out, would it?

Looking like he was trying to initiate or imitate some sort of dance, he jumped around in a half-circle, and began to sway in a sort of beat pattern. His eyes darted every which way, and of course the "dance" was so he could get a 360 view. With every bit of grace his race was known for, he lightly kept moving his feet in a sort of light-hearted dance to match his song. He kept moving forward on the path, and hoped his cohorts wouldn't stop by being entranced by his movements.  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Blood_Covered_Pheonix

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:19 pm
Rinor sighed softly, now Eikre was starting to dance. ' Well if we run out of money at least he came perform in the streets for money.' She sped up her pace and came up beside Eikre. "Can I go ahead a little, to keep an eye out for anything suspisous?" She asked in a whisper, almost under her breath.

Her instincts were kicking in, always have a scout ahead, one person watching east and another watching west, while some one else watches your back. It was how things had always been done in her village, and it made a lot of sense to her.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:28 pm
As Rinor moved forwards, Lan moved back, out of force of habit. The corners of her mouth had turned up a little at Eikre's antics, and her eyes sparkled with mirth for the first time in awhile. Here, away from the city and the alcohol, fresh clean air, not tainted with firesmoke or the sounds and scents of the city--well, it was peaceful. So much so that Lan began to wonder why she didn't venture beyond the walls more often.

The back of her neck prickled a bit, and she rubbed it, taking the time to do a three-sixty and survey her surroundings thoroughly. She seriously doubted she'd be good in a fight, so if anyone did ambush, all she'd be good for is alarming the rest and maybe a bit of hand to hand combat. Now traps... those were her specialty. She jerked her thoughts back to the job at hand, and returned to her gaze to the area to the left and right, and every so often, behind her. With her body facing the backs of her companions, she continued to hum.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:16 pm
Eikre, slowing his dance down enough so that Rinor could talk to him. Can I go ahead a little, to keep an eye out for anything suspisous?" she asked. He nodded. Everybody seemed to be getting anxious already, though they may or may not be trying to show it. "Go for it," He answered Rinor, "Take point, and scout all you want."

He nodded up the path. The path, if I haven't described it already, was one of those "less traveled" paths you could tell weren't main routes for anything. The packed down dirt revealed it self to say 'hey, I was important once too.' but it was hard when grass that reached up almost to your knees surrounded ya. At least it was all relative grassland with a few trees here and there.  
--○Lake of Dormancy○--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff