Submit

Is this a good idea?
  NO
  YES!
View Results

tree-hugging pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:48 pm
[[are we still running/flying?]]

Acacia stopped gliding and began to slowly hover about a foot off the ground, her wings gently and warily flapping. Eh, well...what about me, precisely? My mom's a harpy and my dad's a fallen angel... she began, not exactly sure what he wanted to know and not exactly sure what she would be willing to tell him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:52 pm
((I'm up in a tree.))

Interesting... a harpy, you say? Tell me about your mother. If you want to, of course.  

Groucho and Karl

Fanatical Cultist

tree-hugging pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:36 pm
Acacia hovered up to a branch across from but slightly below the tree Fenrick sat on, one leg scrunched on the branch to keep her balance, one dangling off. Acacia shrugged before she thought. I don't know...just a normal harpy, I guess. Harpies are pretty much in charge of transporting the souls of the dead. They're pessimistic, mourn over the dead before they're taken...and, yeah I'll pretty much take over my mom's job when she dies...which means she'll be my first job... she kept that last part as quiet as possible as she studied a leaf on the ground. I look like my dad, though, Acacia added, locking eyes with Fenrick.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:20 am
Did you ever see your mother? I met one once, she was a great help to me. She had bright green eyes.

I forgot to tell you, that I am one of the last Nyxites. A rare sort of demon, but now that I am of the last, I have full control of the darkness realm.

Fenrick splayed his hand and Demon fire, purple and black fire, collected in his palm.  

Groucho and Karl

Fanatical Cultist

tree-hugging pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:25 pm
Yeah. Yeah, I grew up with my mom, Acacia thought, nodding, entranced by the flame flickering in the demon's palm. I just ran away to find other people like me, she shook her head. It was stupid. I was perfectly fine with the family I had there, perfectly fine with the life I had... Acacia shook her head again, looking from the flame to Fenrick's eyes set on hers. I guess the grass is always greener, even when it's brown. To her, the thing she had just said made perfect sense. If it didn't she knew Fenrick could figure it out.

Acacia wrapped one arm around the leg that was on the branch and looked out into the forest. It was beginning to rain again. She looked up to the sky, welcoming the mist that was now coming down. What about you? Any more secrets? she asked, still focused on the misty rain.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:34 pm
Fenrick extinguished the fire by making a fist.

Your mother's name, what was it?  

Groucho and Karl

Fanatical Cultist

tree-hugging pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:15 pm
Kassandra, Acacia answered, puzzled. Why do you ask?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:25 pm
Beacause I am pretty sure your mother helped me defeat one of the nastiest pieces of work i have ever seen.

Small world, huh?  

Groucho and Karl

Fanatical Cultist

tree-hugging pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:57 pm
Acacia raised an eyebrow. My mother? What did she help you defeat? she wasn't usually one for much nostalgia, but this was the closest to a bedtime story Acacia had ever gotten and probably would ever get.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:12 pm
It's name was Versantion, he hated Nyxites. Your mother was passing through when him and I were fighting, he had me pinned under a claw when she gave a pretty nasty scratch on his hand. When I got up we double teamed him and defeated him easily.  

Groucho and Karl

Fanatical Cultist

tree-hugging pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:17 pm
Acacia stared listlessly at the texture of the trunk of a tree next to him. How long ago was this? she mentally half-whispered.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:19 pm
A year or so. Maybe two.

Fenrick splayed his hand and demon fire collected in it again. He was playing with it like a tennis ball.  

Groucho and Karl

Fanatical Cultist

tree-hugging pacifist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:45 pm
Acacia thought for a moment. Yes. A year sounds right. That's about when I left... she looked up suddenly before a sheepish look came into her eye. Eh...she didn't say anything concerning me, did she?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:48 pm
She did say something about a search.  

Groucho and Karl

Fanatical Cultist

tree-hugging pacifist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:34 pm
Ah, she thought, her mental voice cracking. Suddenly she slipped, doing a perfect nose-dive and expertly catching herself an inch from the ground, uprighting herself. She didn't exactly know why she did that, but she felt she needed to. In a very human way, she sat on the damp dirt and let the soft rain fall on her head and drip off her wings. We shouldn't have to hide like this...this is all my fault, this...my having to hide. All I wanted was for people to accept me...and I keep digging that hole deeper...human territory now...what a brilliant idea. She looked up at Fenrick at the end of this monologue. Wouldn't you agree? Acacia stood up. We shouldn't have to hide--we're twice as powerful as the humans could ever be, she hovered up to his eye level. If I did it, would you? Not hide, I mean.  
13: Rp Forest

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff