Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Otulissa's Debate of Books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Salutations, Readers!
  Hello, Captain!
View Results

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:11 pm
Wow..I don't know who those people are. xD But I guess that's supposed to be...uh...sad? XD;  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:10 pm
rawr.

don't tell us!

Just in case of the one in a million chance I actually finish the series, I want it to be a surprise,
xD

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Furyal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:41 pm
Ninth book There's gonna be one more.
Alder, Patrick, Kasha, and all the other Travelers that died are back!
-Woot! Uncle Press!- All of them. Every. Single. One. Came to a hidden, wasteland territory, and in the last book I assume there gonna whip Saint Dane's butt!

(Don't ask about the references 'Traveler', 'territory, 'Saint Dane.')  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:27 pm
My favourite series is probably "The Forgotten Realms" series. The authors who write all of those are awesomely talented, and have fashioned an entire WORLD (and more, but I'm not debating that).

I'm currently re-reading through "The War of the Spider Queen" and "Lady Penitent" series so that I remember wtf is going on before I go grab the 3rd book in the Lady Penitent series. I have to be done by next month, and I can't finish before because then I'd have little to read.

Before I began that quest, though, I was reading the Triskelia series, (WRITTEN BY CANADIAN CARRIE MAC.) Total win =D  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:40 am
Wow...those are all books that I've never heard of, nevermind read. XD;; I should add those to my list of 'future reads.'  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:06 am
Woot! A Canadian author.
Haven't heard of those, though.  

Furyal

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:05 am
Canada is an awesome place! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:05 pm
And live in Canada! (Whoot.)
Did you know that the population in New York is higher then all of Canada?
Anyways, a book I'm reading right now is 'The Rangers Apprentice.'
Pretty interesting.  

Furyal

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:59 pm
Wow...I didn't know that. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:17 pm
oh I read that!
idk when, but a long time ago,
I didn't read the sequals though.
my friend she got the name for something out of there.

I forgot what it was, but the name was really odd.
It was the name of a monster or some animal or something.
hmmm, now I have to go find my copy.

EDIT: I think it was Kalkara or something.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Furyal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:42 am
Yup. Thats it.
I'm on the second book.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:04 pm
How many books are there?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:05 pm
BloodiMoonlite
My Favorite author is Darren Shan. He's a children's horror/adventure author, and his book series are The Saga of Darren Shan (Cirque Du Freak in America) and Demonata. I absolutely LOVE Cirque Du Freak, it's full of action and suspense and amazing plot twists. His books are what intrested me in writing and I'm pretty sure a novelist is my true calling now.

You just guessed my weakness. Darren Shan is the bomb. I read his Darren Shan saga religiously, and I’m getting through his Demonata series now. I simply love his style, and his fearlessness with his books.

Furyal
Personally, I like the Pendragon series. I'm reading book eight. =D. D.J. MacHale really knows how to make books. Heck, My friends are fighting over who gets to read the series when I'm finished reading them. I'll give you the back cover of the first book:

Denduron.

Bobby Pendragon is a seemingly normal fourteen-year-old boy. He has a family, a home, and even Marley, his beloved dog. But there is something very special about Bobby.

He is going to save the world.

And not just Earth as we know it. Bobby is slowly starting to realize that life in the cosmos isn't quite what he thought it was. And before he can object, he is swept off to an alternate dimension known as Denduron, a territory inhabited by strange beings, ruled by a magical tyrant, and plagued by dangerous revolution.

If Bobby wants to see his family again, he's going to have to accept his role as savior, and accept it wholeheartedly. Because, as he is about to discover, Denduron is only the beginning....

Wow. I love Bobby Pendragon. I have been reading those books, and I’ve absolutely LOVED them. Though you’ve put quite a few spoilers about the book right out where I accidentally read them. crying Please don’t do that.

Blood_ Covered_Pheonix
My personal favorite is the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson, its a great series about six mutant human bird hybrid kids that range from ages 5 to 14, its a great series my feeble vocabulary can not find words to describe its greatness!

Heheh, gotta love Max. She’s uber kick-@**. Though I must say, the most recent book was a bit of a let down. [Maximum Ride spoiler here ---->]
Though global warming is a good cause to advocate against, I thought ‘The Final Warning’ was gonna be something more… villainous. So yeah. Bit of a let down, if you ask me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:38 pm

This would have to be the hardest question ever. I have SO many books that I asbolutely adore. Hm... My favorites, however, are as listed below.

Riddle-Master
Age of Fire
Wayfarer Redemption [All six books/ Both trilogies]
Maximum Ride
His Dark Materials
Artemis Fowl
Cirque du Freak
Pendragon
Bartimaeus
Sword of Truth
Pit Dragon
Fire Bringer
Dragon Quartet
Inheritance Cycle [Eragon, Eldest, etc.]

As of right now, though, I would have have to say that my favorite author is probably... Hm... Jonathan Stroud, though my favorite books as of right now are the Age of Fire books. Though the rest of the books in that list are nearly tied with The Age of Fire when it comes to my favorites... sweatdrop

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:55 pm
Icarii Enchanter WolfStar

This would have to be the hardest question ever. I have SO many books that I asbolutely adore. Hm... My favorites, however, are as listed below.

Riddle-Master
Age of Fire
Wayfarer Redemption [All six books/ Both trilogies]
Maximum Ride
His Dark Materials
Artemis Fowl
Cirque du Freak
Pendragon
Bartimaeus
Sword of Truth
Pit Dragon
Fire Bringer
Dragon Quartet
Inheritance Cycle [Eragon, Eldest, etc.]

As of right now, though, I would have have to say that my favorite author is probably... Hm... Jonathan Stroud, though my favorite books as of right now are the Age of Fire books. Though the rest of the books in that list are nearly tied with The Age of Fire when it comes to my favorites... sweatdrop

*hi-fives* I love, love, love Artemis Fowl! And the Inheritance. XD;; I started Artemis Fowl wayyyyy back. XD;; And, oh, His Dark Materials is good! No spoilers; I haven't read all of them hehe.  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff