Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
HI, I'm new here. Poll; Favorite type of Magic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite type of Magic;
  Elemental
  Animal spirit totems
  Animal familiars
  Sex magic
  Spirit chanelling
  Meditation/ Astral projection
  Divination
  Other, please add a post about it.
View Results

Dumpy Dango

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:39 pm
Aryain Flames
Ive got an eclectic taste. i dont really have a favorite.

Pretty much sums me up  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:51 pm
All the world's a stage
And the men and women merely players

Because my practices tend to be Eastern oriented, I'd say meditation, astral work, and Bhakti yoga are the most central to my practice. I've been doing more animal totem work lately, but I'd lump that into the catagory of astral, since I usually communicate with my guardian on another plane. I've been getting a little more into crystals lately as well.

User Image

Vanya Karamazov

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:18 am
well im more into just about most kinds of magick but elemental magick is mostly what i do and i do a lot with earth and fire and light and stuff like that. i also do a lot of mind magick with intellect and energy.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:53 pm
I have to say, I work with the weather and elements alot, and also with totems, familiars(if i have owned that pet for a long time[i mean literal familiars]) and astral projection/meditation as well..

i also make thing like teas, powders and such.

so i guess i do quite a few types... 0_0  

surukio

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm Practicing all forms of magic I can get into.
I have no real Favorite but I'm mostly interested in Divination and Forms of Meditation.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:47 pm
See, I don't consider meditation magic. Or divination either really, depending on the method.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Aislin Artiers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:02 pm
My favorite type of magic would be spirit channeling. I am aware that it can be dangerous, but for me that's just part of the thrill.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:55 pm
Aislin Artiers
My favorite type of magic would be spirit channeling. I am aware that it can be dangerous, but for me that's just part of the thrill.

Sort of like Sanguina...I don't see this as magic.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:58 pm
to morg and san:

what category would you lump divination into then and why, if not magic?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:27 pm
whiporwill-o
to morg and san:

It is a category It doesn't need to be lumped into another one xp  

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:40 pm
My fav is elemental,energy working, spirit channeling, and light magick. (I don't like using the word white. It's hard to explain)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:02 pm
whiporwill-o
to morg and san:

Divination is its' own category. It isn't an act of will and intent on the Universe to produce an effect - so I don't consider it magic.

Likewise, meditation is a practice and a skill that doesn't qualify as magic. Spirit channelling is similar - a practice, a skill, but not magic inherently.

Magic can involve any or all of these things, but that doesn't make them magic in and of themselves.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Kid_kun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 am
In my country, such book and knowledge of magick is very rare and very restricted. and the only magic usually can be seen is the 'Malay Magic', mostly using the spirit to do their favor.

i think my fav would be the herbal magick. ever since my dad passed away, my mom make sure that i dont socialized with other people (she's being paranoid). so since child i've been talking to the plants only cuz it seems that other people thinks i'm a weird one.

But to me i dont think the herbal magick is enough to me. according to my family members, i was able to talk to the spirit when i was young. then since i get ill too often, my parents sent me to a witch to cure me and that's where my skills are taken (my parents said so but i remember nothing about it).

i need to learn spirit channeling too. i know its dangerous. my ba*tard of an aunt keep using her power cursing my family, sending a lot of spirits to break my mother. i need to learn them to protect my family.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:48 pm
Esselean
It is a category It doesn't need to be lumped into another one xp

Morgandria
Divination is its' own category. It isn't an act of will and intent on the Universe to produce an effect - so I don't consider it magic.

Likewise, meditation is a practice and a skill that doesn't qualify as magic. Spirit channelling is similar - a practice, a skill, but not magic inherently.

Magic can involve any or all of these things, but that doesn't make them magic in and of themselves.

derp *facepalm*

wow,ask a stupid question... if that is not having a 'moment' then i don't know what is! xd xd  

whiporwill-o

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:59 pm
Mmmmmm htats a hard subject actually, well for anyone really.
To pick just one takes alot of thought. I love to balance out all the forms of magic I practice on my path.
I suppose I am a drama queen so I have always loved ritualistic magic. I love the dramtic half of ritual is the theatre behind it ( masks, clothes, candles, chants, rhythmic wording ). But I also love healing spells for other people and leading group healing circles.
Hmmm I suppose it would, if I really must pick just one type, it has to be candle magick. It is so simplistic yet has higher levels of magick right along with it. I also love its diversity. To be honest I know it's a realatively basic form of spellcraft but ever since I was little I've enjoyed it. Perhaps because I recall my grandmother teaching me.

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games