Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Hijab Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You wear hijab?
I am a male!
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
I wear it, and i like to wear it!
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
I wear it, and i hate to waer it!
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
I don't wear it!
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:35 pm
Wearing hijab is prescribed for all Muslim women.

Those who do not will suffer grave consequences and punishments in the day of judgment.

Your aurat is something that is mutually exclusive between you and your family.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:21 pm
Wearing hijab is prescribed for all Muslim women.

Those who do not will suffer grave consequences and punishments in the day of judgment.

Your aurat is somethig that is mutually exclusive between you and your family.

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

mmm...the guys don't seem to have a problem with that....why aren't they all covered ? 'specially here in the USA? there are pretty guys that would spark lust among women too!
what did God just make women to be such amazing sexual beings that they must cover themselves all up because the men have no control?
...this boggles my mind too....I can see it as a personal choice...and that's how I've been taught back home....
...so confused...

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:47 am
it's a matter of protecting the women.

men are more sexually active than the women and are more prone to committing sexual abuses on the opposite sex.

their production level of their testosterone is very high which also enables them to do heavy works.

women aren't born that way and they don't have testosterone.

that's one way of distinguishing man and a woman. don't tell me it's being unfair cause you're being senseless if you do. biggrin

from which do you think is crime against women higher? in places where women wear hijab or in those places where women don't?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:32 am

men are more sexually active than the women and are more prone to committing sexual abuses on the opposite sex.

their production level of their testosterone is very high which also enables them to do heavy works.

that's one way of distinguishing man and a woman. don't tell me it's being unfair cause you're being senseless if you do. biggrin

from which do you think is crime against women higher? in places where women wear hijab or in those places where women don't?

i see your point.
stare stupid guys still chase after me even I'm covered up...

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:42 am
Ratri_Cat

i see your point.
stare stupid guys still chase after me even I'm covered up...

that's perversion i think. rare case in Muslim communities.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:33 pm
Look... all muslims know your suppose to wear a hijab as a women... and of course why you have to wear it... if not its cause you just dont want to wear one (thats your choice) so stop discussing "why do women have to wear a hijab?".

In this day in age even a christian should know why muslim women have to wear a hijab, if not shame on you!

BOTTOM LINE, IF YOU DONT WANT TO WEAR A HIJAB THATS YOUR CHOICE... STOP DISCUSSING THE SUBJECT AND TRYING TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THERE'S NO REASON FOR WEARING IT... OK!  

Lily Da Bangali Rani

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:13 pm
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Look... all muslims know your suppose to wear a hijab as a women... and of course why you have to wear it... if not its cause you just dont want to wear one (thats your choice) so stop discussing "why do women have to wear a hijab?".

In this day in age even a christian should know why muslim women have to wear a hijab, if not shame on you!

BOTTOM LINE, IF YOU DONT WANT TO WEAR A HIJAB THATS YOUR CHOICE... STOP DISCUSSING THE SUBJECT AND TRYING TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THERE'S NO REASON FOR WEARING IT... OK!

i beg your pardon, but I never learned the point of wearing a hijab in my religious studies. I've been going to Catholic school, taken a couple of world religion courses, and never learned anything about it. All I knew is that it was required. I don't know what Christians you're talking about, but most Christians I know are EXTREMELY ignorant of Muslim customs and law. Most would probably say that Islam is an oppressor of females. I would like to think otherwise.

I'm asking about the reasoning behind the rule. Is there something wrong with that? Why should you just accept things at face value? Is it wrong to question the logic behind the rules? After all, if a rule is unjust, shouldn't it be changed? Like something that might have worked in ancient times, but simply cannot coexist today? I'm not denouncing the rules of wearing a hijab, but trying to figure out what the point of it is.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:18 am
Lily Da Bangali Rani

you should be sorry for raising such lousy arguments, you know.

i could hardly understand your premise with the kind of English you have.

anyway, your main point here is that it's a matter of choice, that wearing hijab need not to be scrutinized and must be left on the choice of the women and that by doing so we conform to the "present norms" that you try to refer to.

yeah sure... it's as if choice is something absolute. it's as if choice is something that results only to benefits. it's as if women have that PERFECT and GOOD WILL...

well excuse me... choice is subjective not OBJECTIVE... duh...

we have our own FREE WILL not that kind that yields only to benefits.

what if it's the choice of these women to use prohibited drugs?

is that alright because it's their choice? for you, it's yes. because you have wrongly characterized CHOICE...

what if it's their choice to kill? you'll say that that's good?

Allahu Akbar...

i don't know how come you're arriving at such kind of ideas...

people created this thread to discuss on the very background of hijab itself as a custom or law among the Muslims. they did not create this thread to scrutinize people who do not wear hijab.

it's disseminating the information, miss. not protesting against those who do not wear hijab.

further, you tell us here that the custom on hijab should be known to everyone including each Christian... and that if they don't they're sure to be ashamed of themselves...

shame should not be on them but on you...

why would you try to arrive on such thought?

it's as if you're suffering from schizophrenia. you're DELUSIONAL. you try not to live on the status quo, miss.

if you have time please try to visit the real world, ok?

there are non-Muslims who categorize the wearing of hijab as something that curtails the right of the women. and believe me many have been thinking this way. there are even some campaigns in the West that protest against the wearing of hijab. better not argue on this one.

i'm a student in a Catholic school, though I'm a Muslim. and believe me, too many Christians do not know why Muslim women wear hijab. i experienced it firsthand. and you say shame on them? shame on you...

do you think with this given condition every Christian knows the reason behind the hijab?

do you think there's no need for disseminating the information to everyone about the hijab? stop living in your own world, miss.

i'm being objective with this one, ok? i'm not taking things personally. mark that one. biggrin

now, let me see your rebuttals on this one.  

Lily Da Bangali Rani

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Ok what im saying is if you care to read through the recent posts on this forum you will get your answers...

So my question now is why are still asking if muslim women have to wear a hijab?

The answers are all in this forum... and yeah im not shocked christians hate us... they always have thats why the crusade was put in justice... and still exists till this day...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:01 pm
Lily Da Bangali Rani

you should be sorry for raising such lousy arguments, you know.

i could hardly understand your premise with the kind of English you have.

anyway, your main point here is that it's a matter of choice, that wearing hijab need not to be scrutinized and must be left on the choice of the women and that by doing so we conform to the "present norms" that you try to refer to.

yeah sure... it's as if choice is something absolute. it's as if choice is something that results only to benefits. it's as if women have that PERFECT and GOOD WILL...

well excuse me... choice is subjective not OBJECTIVE... duh...

we have our own FREE WILL not that kind that yields only to benefits.

what if it's the choice of these women to use prohibited drugs?

is that alright because it's their choice? for you, it's yes. because you have wrongly characterized CHOICE...

what if it's their choice to kill? you'll say that that's good?

Allahu Akbar...

i don't know how come you're arriving at such kind of ideas...

people created this thread to discuss on the very background of hijab itself as a custom or law among the Muslims. they did not create this thread to scrutinize people who do not wear hijab.

it's disseminating the information, miss. not protesting against those who do not wear hijab.

further, you tell us here that the custom on hijab should be known to everyone including each Christian... and that if they don't they're sure to be ashamed of themselves...

shame should not be on them but on you...

why would you try to arrive on such thought?

it's as if you're suffering from schizophrenia. you're DELUSIONAL. you try not to live on the status quo, miss.

if you have time please try to visit the real world, ok?

there are non-Muslims who categorize the wearing of hijab as something that curtails the right of the women. and believe me many have been thinking this way. there are even some campaigns in the West that protest against the wearing of hijab. better not argue on this one.

i'm a student in a Catholic school, though I'm a Muslim. and believe me, too many Christians do not know why Muslim women wear hijab. i experienced it firsthand. and you say shame on them? shame on you...

do you think with this given condition every Christian knows the reason behind the hijab?

do you think there's no need for disseminating the information to everyone about the hijab? stop living in your own world, miss.

i'm being objective with this one, ok? i'm not taking things personally. mark that one. biggrin

now, let me see your rebuttals on this one.

You need to read through what i wrote again... and then ask me questions later, the way i write is fine, its the way you read thats the problem...  

Lily Da Bangali Rani

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:39 pm
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Ok what im saying is if you care to read through the recent posts on this forum you will get your answers...

So my question now is why are still asking if muslim women have to wear a hijab?

The answers are all in this forum... and yeah im not shocked christians hate us... they always have thats why the crusade was put in justice... and still exists till this day...

I'm trying to understand the logic behind it. It's a very unusual notion to me. You may be shouting out the answers in the forum, but there's a difference between seeing the answers and understanding them.

Glad for the general assumption of Christianity stare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:04 am
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

I'm trying to understand the logic behind it. It's a very unusual notion to me. You may be shouting out the answers in the forum, but there's a difference between seeing the answers and understanding them.

Glad for the general assumption of Christianity stare

hasty generalization.. stare stare stare
that's a better term.  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:31 am
Lily Da Bangali Rani

here's your main point in this post: We should stop discussing about the hijab because it's everybody's responsibility to know things about it. and even Christians should know things about it.

i.e., your main conclusion here is that since everyone knows, should know and must know it we should not talk about it.

right?

if it is, how pointless...

Lily Da Bangali Rani
Im sorry if someone ready said what im about to write...
I only read the 1st post by Zaaki...

Your suppose to wear a hijab as a female... its the rule, like it or not... if not a hijab then wear some thing that covers your head (hair, not face) and also boobs area and legs (you get the picture)

Now if you dont cover your parts you will get gunna (sins) however if you are amongst your female friends then you dont need to cover your head or legs or arms or neck... but you still cant reveal too much of your body or you will get gunna (sins)...

Think about it... it makes sense... allah would not want you to be standing naked in his Masjid... the same rule applies when standing on the soil allah created (planet)

Also if you didnt know... when men or women have a bath or shower they are not suppose to get totally naked... men should keep thier pants on untill they wash that area... women are suppose to keep their panties and bras on untill they wash that area... (when your a baby and your mum washes you its a different thing though)

Men have to cover thier legs and thier sexual area too... so why should rules be different for women?

Only 1 minor difference is men only need to cover their head when doing prayer... which is near enough most of the time... so there you go... no one can complain...

I wear a hijab... i have no problem with people not wanting to wear the hijab... so dont think i hate anyone.. i was just trying to help you people out thats all... smile

THIS ANSWER WAS INSPIRED BY BANGALI FUNGHA HE ALSO PLAYS GAIA ONLINE

what you were narrating in this post is all about the hijab. you were DISCUSSING it!!!

YOU WERE TELLING US THAT WOMEN SHOULD WEAR THEIR HIJAB BECAUSE IT'S PART OF THE ISLAMIC RULES. YOU WERE TELLING US "WHY WOMEN SHOULD WEAR THEIR HIJAB".

and then on your above post you clearly emphasized, "stop discussing "why do women have to wear a hijab?".".

oww... very consistent, indeed.

here's what you further said to emphasize that you were indeed discussing it.

Lily Da Bangali Rani
Yeah you have to wear it... its the rules

oh yeah... you were saying that even Christians should know about the hijab.. stated in this post:

Lily Da Bangali Rani

what a great fallacy... you have hastily generalized the Christians... you should know that...

and now you tell me that..

Lily Da Bangali Rani
You need to read through what i wrote again... and then ask me questions later, the way i write is fine, its the way you read thats the problem...

and it's me who's having some problem?

as a summary, here's your main point:

Quote:

1. Everyone, including the Christians, should know the hijab.
2. That by doing so, we need not to talk about it.
3. And that this thread should not have been raised in the first place.

even though ...

1. you were one of those enthusiastically discussing it.

and mind here...

1. that your points are all inconsistent...

oh, let me remind you of your major fault. HASTY GENERALIZATION. that it's as if no one needs the information... hello? you're with your mind, right?
and oh you were a little angry, i think, because...

Lily Da Bangali Rani
STOP DISCUSSING THE SUBJECT AND TRYING TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THERE'S NO REASON FOR WEARING IT... OK!

actually, what we are discussing here is why Muslim women should be wearing it and we are not making it SOUND LIKE THERE'S NO REASON FOR WEARING IT... OK! ... that's what you also discussed.

BOTTOM LINE:

taken from what lily

and

Quote:

practice__what__you__preach stare stare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 pm
Lily Da Bangali Rani

here's your main point in this post: We should stop discussing about the hijab because it's everybody's responsibility to know things about it. and even Christians should know things about it.

i.e., your main conclusion here is that since everyone knows, should know and must know it we should not talk about it.

right?

if it is, how pointless...

Lily Da Bangali Rani
Im sorry if someone ready said what im about to write...
I only read the 1st post by Zaaki...

Your suppose to wear a hijab as a female... its the rule, like it or not... if not a hijab then wear some thing that covers your head (hair, not face) and also boobs area and legs (you get the picture)

Now if you dont cover your parts you will get gunna (sins) however if you are amongst your female friends then you dont need to cover your head or legs or arms or neck... but you still cant reveal too much of your body or you will get gunna (sins)...

Think about it... it makes sense... allah would not want you to be standing naked in his Masjid... the same rule applies when standing on the soil allah created (planet)

Also if you didnt know... when men or women have a bath or shower they are not suppose to get totally naked... men should keep thier pants on untill they wash that area... women are suppose to keep their panties and bras on untill they wash that area... (when your a baby and your mum washes you its a different thing though)

Men have to cover thier legs and thier sexual area too... so why should rules be different for women?

Only 1 minor difference is men only need to cover their head when doing prayer... which is near enough most of the time... so there you go... no one can complain...

I wear a hijab... i have no problem with people not wanting to wear the hijab... so dont think i hate anyone.. i was just trying to help you people out thats all... smile

THIS ANSWER WAS INSPIRED BY BANGALI FUNGHA HE ALSO PLAYS GAIA ONLINE

what you were narrating in this post is all about the hijab. you were DISCUSSING it!!!

YOU WERE TELLING US THAT WOMEN SHOULD WEAR THEIR HIJAB BECAUSE IT'S PART OF THE ISLAMIC RULES. YOU WERE TELLING US "WHY WOMEN SHOULD WEAR THEIR HIJAB".

and then on your above post you clearly emphasized, "stop discussing "why do women have to wear a hijab?".".

oww... very consistent, indeed.

here's what you further said to emphasize that you were indeed discussing it.

Lily Da Bangali Rani
Yeah you have to wear it... its the rules

oh yeah... you were saying that even Christians should know about the hijab.. stated in this post:

Lily Da Bangali Rani

what a great fallacy... you have hastily generalized the Christians... you should know that...

and now you tell me that..

Lily Da Bangali Rani

and it's me who's having some problem?

as a summary, here's your main point:

Quote:

1. Everyone, including the Christians, should know the hijab.
2. That by doing so, we need not to talk about it.
3. And that this thread should not have been raised in the first place.

even though ...

1. you were one of those enthusiastically discussing it.

and mind here...

1. that your points are all inconsistent...

oh, let me remind you of your major fault. HASTY GENERALIZATION. that it's as if no one needs the information... hello? you're with your mind, right?
and oh you were a little angry, i think, because...

Lily Da Bangali Rani
STOP DISCUSSING THE SUBJECT AND TRYING TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THERE'S NO REASON FOR WEARING IT... OK!

actually, what we are discussing here is why Muslim women should be wearing it and we are not making it SOUND LIKE THERE'S NO REASON FOR WEARING IT... OK! ... that's what you also discussed.

BOTTOM LINE:

taken from what lily

and

Quote:

practice__what__you__preach stare stare

I Like how you twist my words... not nice of you dumbledore guy...

If you read the words i shouted out... it basically means as a muslim women we must wear a hijab... and if you choose not to wear a hijab then you will get gunna (sins) but thats your choice... so wear it if you dont want sins & dont wear it if you dont care about getting sins...

Also i mentioned in one of my post that all the reasons for needing to wear a hijab has ready been answered in this forum...

Ok now before both you start getting all upset... this is the message im sending... stop asking why why why why... read the answers first... then all will be clear and you will not need to waste your time and others time asking dumb questions...

Please dont take this wrong way im just trying to help... Its just annoying when someone takes thier time giving you answers and in return you dont even think hard enough to try to understand the answers they gave.

Please dont reply to this cause i feel like were arguing, sorry if i made you guys upset... i was just trying to make you understand that the answers are in your face already...

Peace people (givz dumbledore & cat a squishy hug) 3nodding  

Lily Da Bangali Rani

Lily Da Bangali Rani

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:55 pm
Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore you did not understand anything of what i wrote, so please dont reply cause all you doing is making things worse by misunderstanding and hastly generalising what i wrote...

If you guys want to keep discussing this subject go ahead... but remember that the whole point i was upset is cause you guys didnt take your time to read & understand the answers given in this forum...

All the answers are in this forum already... if you keep asking more and more questions with out understanding the previous answers being given... then you will not learn any thing from this discussion...

Anyways i dont want to talk about this subject anymore... cause i can feel the tension in the air... i feel like you guys are starting to hate me... and i never came here to be hated by people... i came here to help out...

So im out, i wont be bothering you guys anymore, feel free to do what ever you want... byes sad

(Sorry if i said anything to upset any one, please forgive me as i was trying to help, but as you guys cant understand anything i write... theres no point) Peace 3nodding  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff