Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
AMAZING Male Fantasy Characters- Hall of Fame Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:01 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
I must admit, these responses have shocked me. I would never have expected so much Tamora Pierce.

I am just trying to pick people that everyone would be familiar with. I have tons of other guys that I like even more than the ones I've named, but they're from obscure fantasy books you probably haven't heard of! Which is unfortunate...

@ everyone who was talking about this earlier:

I always pictured Sirius as a very hot guy, and a lot bigger (taller, more muscular, etc.) than they portrayed him in the movie. In fact, the movie character is nothing like how I pictured him.

Lupin too. I always pictured him as hot, but in the movie he totally wasn't! I hated his mustache in the movie, it drove me nuts! I will always picture him and Sirius as hot guys, not the guys in the movies!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:02 pm
Underestimated_Angel
I haven't read any Tamora Pierce. But I must say, all these posts with guys from her books is making me want to grab some Tamora Pierce books from Lhia's bookshelf!
Yes, do it, I highly recommend them! Especially the Song of the Lioness books, they are my favourite! heart  

Lady Midori

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:23 am
Lady Midori
Underestimated_Angel
I haven't read any Tamora Pierce. But I must say, all these posts with guys from her books is making me want to grab some Tamora Pierce books from Lhia's bookshelf!
Yes, do it, I highly recommend them! Especially the Song of the Lioness books, they are my favourite! heart

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll read those first. It will be good to read something new. I've been re-reading books for almost half a year. cry  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:39 pm
Underestimated_Angel
Lady Midori
Underestimated_Angel

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll read those first. It will be good to read something new. I've been re-reading books for almost half a year. cry

Whose problem is that? I've OFFERED you Tamora Pierce books, but NOOOOOOOO... you believe Lady Midori and not me? (Just kidding, Midori. xd )  

Lhia Dunwaith

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:00 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
Underestimated_Angel
Lady Midori
Underestimated_Angel

Whose problem is that? I've OFFERED you Tamora Pierce books, but NOOOOOOOO... you believe Lady Midori and not me? (Just kidding, Midori. xd )
Of course she believes me! This is moi we are talking about...and I'm about the most reliable source of information you can get! Lol, just kidding. But seriously Underestimated_Angel, you're missing out by not reading those books! They are really the books that made me fall in love with (and later get addicted to) fantasy books! And (to tie it back the the topic) they have some great fantasy guys, not to mention some very strong heroines!

(P.S. - No offense taken, Lhia! wink )  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:23 pm
Lady Midori
Lhia_Dunwaith
Underestimated_Angel
Lady Midori
Underestimated_Angel

Of course she believes me! This is moi we are talking about...and I'm about the most reliable source of information you can get! Lol, just kidding. But seriously Underestimated_Angel, you're missing out by not reading those books! They are really the books that made me fall in love with (and later get addicted to) fantasy books! And (to tie it back the the topic) they have some great fantasy guys, not to mention some very strong heroines!

(P.S. - No offense taken, Lhia! wink )

xd LMAO!  

Lhia Dunwaith

Heartless Hippie

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:57 pm
What Book should I start with, with Tamora Prince? In 22 days I'm heading back to the Library and I know they have some of her stuff but I didn't know where to start, any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:03 pm
Heartless Hippie
What Book should I start with, with Tamora Prince? In 22 days I'm heading back to the Library and I know they have some of her stuff but I didn't know where to start, any suggestions?
Why not start at the beginning? I recommend the first book of the Song of the Lioness series, "Alanna: The First Adventure." Then you can move on to the next three: "In the Hand of the Goddess," "The Woman Who Rides Like a Man," and "Lioness Rampant." The next series is the Immortals quartet, with Daine, then the Protector of the Small quartet. Then, if you want to keep going, read Trickster's Choice and Trickster's Queen. She has other books, set in another world, with other characters, but I never really got into those ones. You might though. She is a good writer. The books are short, so I recommend you get more than one at a time.  

Lady Midori

Dunsinane Hill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:07 pm
Lady Midori
Heartless Hippie
Why not start at the beginning? I recommend the first book of the Song of the Lioness series, "Alanna: The First Adventure." Then you can move on to the next three: "In the Hand of the Goddess," "The Woman Who Rides Like a Man," and "Lioness Rampant." The next series is the Immortals quartet, with Daine, then the Protector of the Small quartet. Then, if you want to keep going, read Trickster's Choice and Trickster's Queen. She has other books, set in another world, with other characters, but I never really got into those ones. You might though. She is a good writer. The books are short, so I recommend you get more than one at a time.

Yeah, I think it's best to read them in order. That's what I did, and I think it helped them make sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:46 pm
Okay, my list.
(These are not in order...)

Harry Dresden - The Dresden Files
Rather sexy, it a clumsy way. In the books, not so much the TV series.

Aragorn - The Lord of the Rings
Not gonna lie, he's gorgeous. And sensitive, strong, intelligent, a leader... *fangirl swoon*
But I don't stalk him or anything.

Walker Boh - The Heritage of Shannara quartet by Terry Brooks
Him, I do stalk. Unfortunetaly, like, no one's heard of him. *Sigh*

Capt. John Granby & Capt. William Laurence - Naomi Novik's Temeraire series
Read these books! Both of these guys are really sexy, and ride dragons. 'Nuf said.  

Dunsinane Hill

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:07 pm
Dunsinane Hill

Not gonna lie, he's gorgeous. And sensitive, strong, intelligent, a leader... *fangirl swoon*

heart  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:36 pm
Underestimated_Angel
Dunsinane Hill

heart

I second your heart , and add a 4laugh  

Dunsinane Hill

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:43 pm
Dunsinane Hill
Underestimated_Angel
Dunsinane Hill

heart

I second your heart , and add a 4laugh

xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:53 pm
Okay, Seriously, Sirius Black was my favorite on the Harry Potter series and I cried when he died. I always pictured Viggo Mortensen as Sirius before the third movie came out.

Now I must say that Zoicite from Sailor moon Live is a hunk. I LOVE HIM!!!  

barbara_smith3423

The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:50 pm
God, the list goes on and on.... I just have so many of them. I DON'T KNOW!! Too hard!!! I'm just gonna put a few of my all time faves. Roiben, definitely.(Tithe/Ironside) Edward, of course.(Twilight) Ravus.(Valiant) Fang.(Maximum Ride) Will.(His Dark Materials) Harry.(Gee, I wonder which book he's from...) Bartimaeus.(Bartimaeus) Dustfinger.(Inkheart/Inkspell) I could go on all day...  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff