O.o
  o.O
View Results

Triforce-Kun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:31 pm
Wormmon
La Bijou
I--Tama--I
And to die so young too. I was always concerned in what influence Naruto would bring once it became liscenced. That goes for Bleach too. I understand all of the factors involved, but still, the fact that some of these Animes are hardcore the way they are, I would still have to say its a bit much for the youth.

Thats why Bleach is on adult swim, but for Naruto, etc..... they need more censorship and or parents need to know about the violence, and make the disesion if they're kids are allowed to watch it.
Anime really is suppose to be for teens and adults. I hate how these kids get hurt and then the parents blame an anime they were watching. Though some Animes are watered down enough to be child friendly like Pokemon. Heh, wonder if the parents would blame Pokemon for his stupidity if he had been watching that instead.

Even kids in Japan aren't allowed to watch most of this stuff. Yuugiou is originally a violent anime and my friend went over to Japan one time, coming back to tell me the kids he met weren't allowed to watch Yuugiou because of the stuff the Japanese version has in it that the American dubs take out.

This is true. If you think a "kid's" anime is violent, you should see the uncut stuff.

Just don't show it to your parents > . >

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:33 pm
Triforce-Kun
Wormmon
La Bijou
I--Tama--I
And to die so young too. I was always concerned in what influence Naruto would bring once it became liscenced. That goes for Bleach too. I understand all of the factors involved, but still, the fact that some of these Animes are hardcore the way they are, I would still have to say its a bit much for the youth.

Thats why Bleach is on adult swim, but for Naruto, etc..... they need more censorship and or parents need to know about the violence, and make the disesion if they're kids are allowed to watch it.
Anime really is suppose to be for teens and adults. I hate how these kids get hurt and then the parents blame an anime they were watching. Though some Animes are watered down enough to be child friendly like Pokemon. Heh, wonder if the parents would blame Pokemon for his stupidity if he had been watching that instead.

Even kids in Japan aren't allowed to watch most of this stuff. Yuugiou is originally a violent anime and my friend went over to Japan one time, coming back to tell me the kids he met weren't allowed to watch Yuugiou because of the stuff the Japanese version has in it that the American dubs take out.

This is true. If you think a "kid's" anime is violent, you should see the uncut stuff.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

» I watch When The Higurashi Cry. xd Yeah. Intense gore. Hatchet Happy.
                  Defiantly an anime for teens or older.

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

Decadent-Ivy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:44 pm
Wormmon
Triforce-Kun
Wormmon
La Bijou
I--Tama--I

» I watch When The Higurashi Cry. xd Yeah. Intense gore. Hatchet Happy.
                  Defiantly an anime for teens or older.

Higurashi is definitely bloody!I loved it though, even though after a while it got old. But really now, the uncut anime version of Naruto may be violent and not for kids, but this was the cut version so none of that was in there. I don't think Naruto should be censored or anything. When I was 10 I knew better than to imitate cartoons. I blame the kid and the parents for not teaching him better. Justice league is violent, but no one censors that show.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:25 pm
Decadent-Ivy
Higurashi is definitely bloody!I loved it though, even though after a while it got old. But really now, the uncut anime version of Naruto may be violent and not for kids, but this was the cut version so none of that was in there. I don't think Naruto should be censored or anything. When I was 10 I knew better than to imitate cartoons. I blame the kid and the parents for not teaching him better. Justice league is violent, but no one censors that show.

Most of the s**t they put on TV nowadays is unfit for anyone. Some of the kids shows are just disgusting. Makes me miss the old shows (like the original Pokemon series).

Oh, the nostalgia...

Triforce-Kun

TurhanTurnado

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:21 pm
That is soooo depressing. :[  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:06 am
Triforce-Kun
Decadent-Ivy

Most of the s**t they put on TV nowadays is unfit for anyone. Some of the kids shows are just disgusting. Makes me miss the old shows (like the original Pokemon series).

Oh, the nostalgia...

True, it seems that Tv shows are just getting less censhorship now a days.  

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

Triforce-Kun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:34 pm
La Bijou
Triforce-Kun
Decadent-Ivy

Oh, the nostalgia...

True, it seems that Tv shows are just getting less censhorship now a days.

This is true in some areas. some are far more vulgar than what I remember sitting through at times; disgusting. I have a four-year-old niece, and when I see her watching TV, I just want to scream.

I have a friend who has most of the original Pokemon series on tape and has her little brotehr watch that instead of the newer stuff...but that's going into an entirely different topic.

POINT!

Censorship can only really harm, whether it's there or not. I said "********" when I was in fourth grade, and it earned me a smack across the face.

The first time you do something, it's exciting. That first kiss has it's spark, and your first cry (that you can remember) teaches you anger and pain.

The first time I could curse without my parents complaining, I was like "wow, I can finally get away with it!" leading to a string of curses. Now, I don't really do it as much. It's lost it's kick. The earlier you introduce it, the sooner it will be tired out.

Of course, as with most things I say, though applied to one thing, this can also be applied to other things. Now, I'm not saying you should buy your six-year-old sister "girls Gone Wild" for her next birthday, but it's just that, even iif you think a child won't understand, you should still try to teach them about certain things.

I apologize for going off topic with my rambles...it's been a while since I had a decent discusion though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:37 pm
Thats fine Triforce-Kun, that why I posed this topic for disscusion.  

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

Triforce-Kun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:54 pm
La Bijou
Thats fine Triforce-Kun, that why I posed this topic for disscusion.

And quite the discussion it is...er...was. People seemed to have stopped posting o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:03 pm
....Is anybody else seeing we are missing the point?
D:
Are our kids going to be so influenced by TV that they can't figure out enough to take their head out of the sand when they can't breath? Don't you think we should teach a kid, "Don't drown yourself in a sand today, mkay?"
o -0
LTRLY. It should just be something that is done... And parents should have been at least watching the kids some.

Rathmanian

I--Agrona--I

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:37 pm
Some parents dont have the time nor the energy to teach their kids about tv, and even if they did, the kiddos don't always listen to everything their parents tell them. Lets face it, music, tv, and all sorts of things we see and hear in everyday life influence us. wether we realize it or not. Even us as older people. So many factors to this tragedy. I wont even get started on teens backyard wrestling, using picnic tables. Watching all of that Wrestling on tv.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:44 pm

» That's just teenager behavior. I wrestle with friends sometimes when we get together and I don't watch wrestling at all.
                  When I was a kid I would watch Pokemon and never once did I ever pretend to capture someone's cat or dog claiming it was a Meowth or Growlithe.

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

I--Agrona--I

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:50 pm
Wormmon

» That's just teenager behavior. I wrestle with friends sometimes when we get together and I don't watch wrestling at all.
                  When I was a kid I would watch Pokemon and never once did I ever pretend to capture someone's cat or dog claiming it was a Meowth or Growlithe.

capturing some's cat or dog. That actually made me smirk a little.. But yeah, the backyard wrestling I saw on tv once, these youngsters taking it to a higher level. Jumping from elevated positions, doing the stunts with things set on fire. It was very dangerous. And yeah, they were using tables and chairs as props. They were doing the big moves.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:50 pm
Wormmon

I said this exact same thing earlier, but I'm assuming not many people read my long, rambling posts o_o;

When I was a kid, I didn't run around trying to do Magical Girl Transformations WITH IMPLIED NUDITY! like Sailor Moon, nor did I chuck plastic Pokeballs at random animals.

Triforce-Kun

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:53 pm
I--Agrona--I
Wormmon

capturing some's cat or dog. That actually made me smirk a little.. But yeah, the backyard wrestling I saw on tv once, these youngsters taking it to a higher level. Jumping from elevated positions, doing the stunts with things set on fire. It was very dangerous. And yeah, they were using tables and chairs as props. They were doing the big moves.

» Normally when people do big stunts like that just want to do it right then to get on TV and be proud afterwards. 3nodding

welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff