Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Homosexuals and Islam Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are gays ok?
  yes
  NEVER! THEY ARE EVIL!!
  i don't know
View Results

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:50 am
Zaaki
A man is not allowed to mary another man...

Because Allah(swt) don't like it. That's it...

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

BUT WHY???

WHY doesn't Allah like it?
That is my question. Why doesn't Allah think guys with guys are ok?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:34 am
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

BUT WHY???

I don't know sweatdrop

Maybe you should ask Allah(swt) lol

My reasons is that Allah(swt) whant to test us.

If there is too many gays, it whill be normal to be gay. And then you whill know what whill hapend.

Allah(swt) also says every human must have a kid(not adopted)...

That was a few reasons, but there is proberly much more reasons...

It feels like your asking why is killing haram...  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:40 am
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

BUT WHY???

I don't know sweatdrop

Maybe you should ask Allah(swt) lol

My reason is that Allah(swt) whant to test us.

If there is too many gays, there whill be more and more gays. And then you whill know what whill hapend.

Allah(swt) also says every human must have a kid(not adopted)...

That was a few reasons there is proberly much more reasons...

It feels like your asking why is killing haram...

You're using the slippery slope fallacy right there. Just because there are gays in the world doesn't mean that they will magically increase and take over the world and no babies will be born.
Why shouldn't kids be adopted? there are so many deprived children that need a home and family. Should we deny them the love and care just to be able to have our own kids?
That doesn't make sense at all.
...killing and being gay are very different things. They shouldn't be weighed on the same level.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:48 am
Ratri_Cat

prove to me that the population of the human species spiraling downwards towards extinction and if we allow people to be gay and marry will affect/encourage that. Otherwise, it's just an opinion and opinions can only go so far unbacked.

status symbol of lots of kids....meaning? You know how to work your woman? Allah gives you many blessings???

ratri is so articulate and intelligent. so nice. biggrin

anyway, not allowing homosexuals is a prevention. because if you do allow them you'll suffer from decline in human population sooner or later. though there is not a problem about it, there would be if it is allowed. procreation is not the main reason anyway.

secondly, it's some sort of a status symbol that is CULTURALLY implied because when you have a large family or many children that means you have contributed much to Islam because you gave birth to many Muslims and, thus, contribute to the religion itself. biggrin  

Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:55 am

ratri is so articulate and intelligent. so nice. biggrin

anyway, not allowing homosexuals is a prevention. because if you do allow them you'll suffer from decline in human population sooner or later. though there is not a problem about it, there would be if it is allowed. procreation is not the main reason anyway.

No problem. smile
The problem with this argument is that it is a slippery slope fallacy. You're assuming that if allowing people to be homosexuals, you're saying that EVERYONE will be gay and no children will be born. First off, just because you're allowed to do something, doesn't mean you're actually going to do it. Take the driving age for example...generally it's around 16. Not every person who becomes 16 is going to attempt to get their drivers' license.
And about the reproduction issue?
In vitrofertilization seems to be working just fine. Lesbian couples have children and their kids are not scarred for life like some heterosexual families' kids.
So what is the other reason for sex then? wink

secondly, it's some sort of a status symbol that is CULTURALLY implied because when you have a large family or many children that means you have contributed much to Islam because you gave birth to many Muslims and, thus, contribute to the religion itself. biggrin
m'kay, I can see the cultural thing. I'm not going to argue about that. it's the whole population thing and homosexuals that's really bugging me.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:59 pm
Ratri_Cat

No problem. smile
The problem with this argument is that it is a slippery slope fallacy. You're assuming that if allowing people to be homosexuals, you're saying that EVERYONE will be gay and no children will be born. First off, just because you're allowed to do something, doesn't mean you're actually going to do it. Take the driving age for example...generally it's around 16. Not every person who becomes 16 is going to attempt to get their drivers' license.
In vitrofertilization seems to be working just fine. Lesbian couples have children and their kids are not scarred for life like some heterosexual families' kids.

Thanks a lot. I learned a great thing. I mean your statement that not because it is legal will that make everyone follow it. Thanks.

Anyway, homosexuals being not allowed in Islam should not actually be nuanced on it being a threat to human population as what others say. I mean that it should be nuanced more on the fact that Islam see homosexuality as a work of Shaitan because Allah originally created a man and a woman and Muslim preachers assume that any "alteration" (I'm quoting at this one) is a work of Shaitan.  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:13 pm
Ratri_Cat

No problem. smile

Thanks a lot. I learned a great thing. I mean your statement that not because it is legal will that make everyone follow it. Thanks.

Anyway, homosexuals being not allowed in Islam should not actually be nuanced on it being a threat to human population as what others say. I mean that it should be nuanced more on the fact that Islam see homosexuality as a work of Shaitan because Allah originally created a man and a woman and Muslim preachers assume that any "alteration" (I'm quoting at this one) is a work of Shaitan.
*Snort* an alteration that has existed since time and is part of nature as well.
Natural Law theory, it seems, is a big part of Islam.
If Allah originally created man and woman to be together, how would men being with men and women being with women be deviant anyhow? How on earth would Shaitan get any benefits for guys screwing around with the same sex?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:02 am
Lily Da Bangali Rani

Omg... the Bible is full of stories and so is the Qur'an...

Stories are like the guidelines to wrong and right etc etc etc... it's your fault if you can't understand the meaning behind the story...

If the Qu'ran is full of stories...which are like guidelines, then why do Muslims have such an issue with homosexuals?
The mentioned the story of Lot as a primary example of a reason why homosexuals and their sexual acts are considered haram.
Some Christians have talked about Sodom and Gomorrah as another example.
But if these texts are more like guidelines...then why are Muslims using them as a rulebook against homosexuals?

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Lily Da Bangali Rani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:42 am
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

Stories are like the guidelines to wrong and right etc etc etc... it's your fault if you can't understand the meaning behind the story...

If the Qu'ran is full of stories...which are like guidelines, then why do Muslims have such an issue with homosexuals?
The mentioned the story of Lot as a primary example of a reason why homosexuals and their sexual acts are considered haram.
But if these texts are more like guidelines...then why are Muslims using them as a rulebook against homosexuals?

Well done you just won a award for asking the most dumb question on this forum lol...

Qur'an was given to us muslims as a guideline to stay on the right path...

Everything in it is 100% correct... and in time it will prove righteous by beating the hardest tests...

This is why we muslims believe in the qur'an, and will continue to do so till judgment day inshallah 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:47 am
Ratri_Cat
Ratri_Cat

No problem. smile

*Snort* an alteration that has existed since time and is part of nature as well.
Natural Law theory, it seems, is a big part of Islam.
If Allah originally created man and woman to be together, how would men being with men and women being with women be deviant anyhow? How on earth would Shaitan get any benefits for guys screwing around with the same sex?

Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore nice information brother 3nodding

Yeah it's the work of Shaitan, he makes people stray towards the wrong path... and by making them gay he succeeds very well!

He loves to make people do what Allah doesn't want them too, sometimes even when they know it's wrong to be gay, they still try to pretend it's OK, & they will even protest it, but deep down inside they know they are wrong and hope they could be normal... rofl  

Lily Da Bangali Rani

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:06 am
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

Well done you just won a award for asking the most dumb question on this forum lol...

Everything in it is 100% correct... and in time it will prove righteous by beating the hardest tests...

This is why we muslims believe in the qur'an, and will continue to do so till judgment day inshallah 3nodding

Let us look at the dictionary definitions, shall we?

Dictionary.com says about the definition of rule in religious sense

rule:the code of regulations observed by a religious order or congregation

Dictionary.com says about the definition of guideline

1. any guide or indication of a future course of action: guidelines on the government's future policy.
2. a lightly marked line used as a guide, as in composing a drawing, a typed page, or a line of lettering.
3. a rope or cord that serves to guide one's steps, esp. over rocky terrain, through underground passages, etc.
4. a rope or wire used in guiding the movement of stage scenery or curtains being raised or lowered.

Guidelines are different from rules. Rules can be set in stone and are like laws. Guidelines are like rules, but they are more likely to change given the circumstances.

When you say

Lily's Quote

You are implying that the Qu'ran doesn't have to be completely followed. The beliefs in the Qu'ran don't always apply to some of the circumstances.
Hence, homosexuality is seen in society and in the scientifice world as something that is natural. So....if we can use science, which comes from Allah and show that there is nothing "wrong" about homosexuals, then the belief about homosexuals concerning the Qu'ran would be null and void.
Now if you said that the Qu'ran was given as RULES...I would have let it drop.
Islam is going to have to evolve if they want to survive long like the Christians have. The oldest branches of Christianity have survived for 2,000 years of so...because they changed (if not slowly) with the times WITHOUT compromising their beliefs and being willing to make alterations.
Buddhism has done it. So has Hinduism. I think it's something that needs to be brought up, especially when seeing images and videoclips about suicide bombers and extremists blasting some archaic idea in front of a congregation. ....and you guys wonder why Islam is getting such a negative image in today's world stare

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:16 am
Lily Da Bangali Rani

Yeah it's the work of Shaitan, he makes people stray towards the wrong path... and by making them gay he succeeds very well!

What sort of evil are you talking about? If you are talking about "Shaitain is making people gay", you are making another fallacy. What is it about homosexuality that is considered evil? If it is the notion that if people are allowed to express homosexuality, no children will be born, then you are going around on another fallacy. You're not making any sense here.

Lily Da Bangali Rani
He loves to make people do what Allah doesn't want them too, sometimes even when they know it's wrong to be gay,

morals are subjective
what is right and wrong is also subjective
there are no universal morals
and again, why is it wrong to be gay? I have yet to see a more conclusive answer than "ALLAH SAYS SO"
Allah would have a reason for telling you guys this. Or...history. As in back in older days, when it was neccesary to populate for communities to survive, homosexuality was banned. Which wouldn't apply now, as we are surviving along quite nicely

Lily Da Bangali Rani
they still try to pretend it's OK, & they will even protest it, but deep down inside they know they are wrong and hope they could be normal... rofl

er...no. they think they're right and that you're being a bigoted a*****e when you say such things. Mostly because you really don't have anything to back up that claim.  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Lily Da Bangali Rani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:20 pm
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

Let us look at the dictionary definitions, shall we?

Dictionary.com says about the definition of rule in religious sense

rule:the code of regulations observed by a religious order or congregation

Dictionary.com says about the definition of guideline

1. any guide or indication of a future course of action: guidelines on the government's future policy.
2. a lightly marked line used as a guide, as in composing a drawing, a typed page, or a line of lettering.
3. a rope or cord that serves to guide one's steps, esp. over rocky terrain, through underground passages, etc.
4. a rope or wire used in guiding the movement of stage scenery or curtains being raised or lowered.

Guidelines are different from rules. Rules can be set in stone and are like laws. Guidelines are like rules, but they are more likely to change given the circumstances.

When you say

Lily's Quote

You are implying that the Qu'ran doesn't have to be completely followed. The beliefs in the Qu'ran don't always apply to some of the circumstances.
Hence, homosexuality is seen in society and in the scientifice world as something that is natural. So....if we can use science, which comes from Allah and show that there is nothing "wrong" about homosexuals, then the belief about homosexuals concerning the Qu'ran would be null and void.
Now if you said that the Qu'ran was given as RULES...I would have let it drop.
Islam is going to have to evolve if they want to survive long like the Christians have. The oldest branches of Christianity have survived for 2,000 years of so...because they changed (if not slowly) with the times WITHOUT compromising their beliefs and being willing to make alterations.
Buddhism has done it. So has Hinduism. I think it's something that needs to be brought up, especially when seeing images and videoclips about suicide bombers and extremists blasting some archaic idea in front of a congregation. ....and you guys wonder why Islam is getting such a negative image in today's world stare

I'm going to answer your weird and pointless questions and remarks... so enjoy...

1st of all rules are written like "you have to do this or you have to do that etc etc ect" the Qur'an has many rules in it, but is not written like rules, it written like a guide... hence why i said it's a guide line... "The Qur'an is a complete guide to living the righteous life"

Ok now your science questions... science was created by Allah to add confusion... just like alot of other things in the world...

Allah said life is a task and who ever finishes the task will be rewarded paradise... if the task was a easy task then it would be very pointless... this is why alot of confusion is added to the world, like false religions, science, people hating Muslims... etc etc ect list goes on...

Muslims are not really having a hard time yet... compared to what's going to happen in the future... you think what you see now is bad? trust me it's nothing compared to the pain we Muslims are going to suffer... this is just the beginning...

The real Islam will never need to change... it does not need to keep up... it's the only 100% real religion... hence why it will never ever change... only false Muslim rulers will try to change the Qur'an...

All Muslims know that the Qur'an is complete therefore there's no need to change or add things... only in false religions like Christianity will need to add things...

Also real Muslims already know Christianity is suppose to stay around till judgement day... so your evolution theory just went out the window...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:21 pm
I still believe that sodomy is IMMORAL. i do believe that that is implied in many cultural perspectives.

there is nothing wrong with sexual portrayal. but for me as long as it is between a man and a woman.

natural laws should be upheld rather than laws created artificially to address some unnecessary desires.  

Lily Da Bangali Rani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:30 pm
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

What sort of evil are you talking about? If you are talking about "Shaitain is making people gay", you are making another fallacy. What is it about homosexuality that is considered evil? If it is the notion that if people are allowed to express homosexuality, no children will be born, then you are going around on another fallacy. You're not making any sense here.

Lily Da Bangali Rani
He loves to make people do what Allah doesn't want them too, sometimes even when they know it's wrong to be gay,

morals are subjective
what is right and wrong is also subjective
there are no universal morals
and again, why is it wrong to be gay? I have yet to see a more conclusive answer than "ALLAH SAYS SO"
Allah would have a reason for telling you guys this. Or...history. As in back in older days, when it was neccesary to populate for communities to survive, homosexuality was banned. Which wouldn't apply now, as we are surviving along quite nicely

Lily Da Bangali Rani
they still try to pretend it's OK, & they will even protest it, but deep down inside they know they are wrong and hope they could be normal... rofl

er...no. they think they're right and that you're being a bigoted a*****e when you say such things. Mostly because you really don't have anything to back up that claim.

Ok just want to back up my claim... i asked your friend Jibril why he attracted to men... when he answered me he also mentioned he wishes he could be normal so ha ha you fail!

And also i'm going to add some of your so called science... as you love it soo much lol... it's scientifically proven that most gay males regret being gay... i remember reading up on in some time back... so if you do your research you will see for yourself... enjoy

ALSO PLEASE STOP SWEARING, IT'S NOT NICE MISSY!
FIND WAYS TO EXPRESS YOUR WORDS WITH OUT SWEARING!

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff