Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

never too much...
  gold
View Results

Unwary Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:25 am
Nightmares and Dreamscapes, by Stephen King.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:38 pm
I just finished "Psycho Shop" by Alfred Bester & Roger Zelanzy (two SF&F Grandmasters) and "forever peace" by Joe Haldeman (another multiple Hugo and Nebula winner).

I've always been a huge fan of the Golden Age SF novelists and have tended to ignore the more recent folks. These two novels (published in the late 90's) are some of the newest I've read but only because they were produced by established writers.

I'm just the opposite, however, when it comes to short stories. I usually chase down all the "Year's Best SF" anthologies as soon as they are released.  

Hank Boo Miller

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

She Smurf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:03 pm
Currently I'm reading "Kings Shield" By Sherwood Smith. It's the third book, but I don't remember the series name. I really liked the first two: 'Inda' and 'The Fox', but my interest is waning now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:35 pm
I'm reading Ranger's Apprentice Book Three: The Icebound Land by John Flanagan.  

sugasu

Questionable Wrangler

Starmica

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:11 pm
I'm rereading Eldest, and I just finished reading the first FableHaven book.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:09 pm
"Death Whisper" by Christopher Pike. I love his books. If you want a little bit of killing and horror then I highly suggest Christopher Pike books.  

tigergurl0905

savetherainforest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:17 pm
Right now I am finishing "The Bridge Across Forever" by Richard Bach. Then it's on to "Cat's Cradle" by Kurt Vonnuget. I have a huge pile of books that people want me to read and/or I want to read. And it just keeps growing... eek .  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:06 am
Number two of the deptford histories. But I can't remember what happened in the first one....it was a long time ago...something about a cat. Stupid memory. But, it's not bad. A bit weird.  

Lady Heatherington-Smythe

Principessa Dell-Opera

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:10 pm
Kathulu93
Not much Sci-fi but the Inheritance trilogy is a must read. Eragon, Eldest, Empire. Empire is set to come out in September so I anxiously wait for that. It was a big book so now its two halfs. XD Im so happy.

Actually, dood, the third one is Brisingr, and has a picture of Glaedr on the front. and you are so right: the Inheiratance Cycle is FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!! If you liked Harry Potter, Eragon, and lots of fantasy stuff like that, then u will like the book I am writing myself. It will be published soon, so look for it!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:27 pm
HI PPLZ!

im readin called Queste, by Angie Sage. its an AWESOME book. its the 4th book in a series called Septimus Heap. the names of the other books r (in order) Magyk, Flyte, and Physik. its like harry potter but wwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy better. i so recommend it if u like magic n fantasy.

iceyprincessaqua_93

Fashionable Phantom

13,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Lady Yaviendale

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:16 pm
I've been reading and rereading JRR Tolkien for half my life now! Recently finished Children of Hurin. All time favorite is the Lay of Leithian (the great love story of Beren and Luthien), from the Silmarillion.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:48 am
mm I have to read a lot of books for school... crying
so I'm reading an Italian book it's like...Jacopo Ortis last letters...of Umberto Eco but don't worry it's Italian literature so you don't have to know it wink

tina_dn

fears

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:10 pm
currently reading The Golem's Eye, book two in the Bartimaeus trilogy by Jonathon Stroud. After that it's off to my last Redwall book, Rakkety Tam. They need to go back to the library.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:09 am
Demon Lord of Karanda, third book in the Mallorean, by David Eddings.

Quatres-demon

M4ST3R-N00B

Sensational Noob

12,325 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:56 am
Glass dragons by Sean McMullen
The blood debt by Sean Williams
Arthur by Steven R Lawhead
yeah thats about all for now