Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Love Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:04 am
Ratri_Cat

People said God knew what's best of us and said that slavery was ok once upon a time ago because that was best for us according to God. Some still believe that. stare

i dun get you why you used the stare emote? *mysteriously*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:27 am
@ Ratri_Cat: Look i'm just saying what i think about this subject and what i know! Apparently you are not accepting what i'm saying...in some way.
But this is the truth and everything will be out in time!

Oh and i forgot to write that its not always...the lust thing sweatdrop

o_-falling up-_x

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:51 am
luv-life-4eva
@ Ratri_Cat: Look i'm just saying what i think about this subject and what i know! Apparently you are not accepting what i'm saying...in some way.
But this is the truth and everything will be out in time!

Oh and i forgot to write that its not always...the lust thing sweatdrop
she's not accepting what you're saying because you're not giving her any proof that talking to a person of the opposite gender will actually cause lustful thoughts among the majority of people, regardless of whether they are female or male. you're claiming that what you're saying is the truth but you're not backing it up effectively.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:56 am
@ tassan: lol why do i have to keep on explaining Ratri for you guys? *giggles*

She is unhappy that people used "God knows best" phrase as an excuse for explanations. Slaveholders in the past used the scriptures to verify that they have an inherent right to own slaves, thus saying that owning slaves was a God-given right. And if it's a God-given right, then God knows best, and since God knows best, slavery must be right, because owning slaves is a God-given right. It's circular logic at its worst. I use "God" because I'm referring to what Christians refer to and it was them that used this poor excuse to make Africans miserable.

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:12 am
She is unhappy that people used "God knows best" phrase as an excuse for explanations. Slaveholders in the past used the scriptures to verify that they have an inherent right to own slaves, thus saying that owning slaves was a God-given right. And if it's a God-given right, then God knows best, and since God knows best, slavery must be right, because owning slaves is a God-given right. It's circular logic at its worst. I use "God" because I'm referring to what Christians refer to and it was them that used this poor excuse to make Africans miserable.

uh!!

sorry i asked sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:40 am
tassan

uh!!

sorry i asked sweatdrop
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

why are you sorry he asked? xd

you wanted an explanation and Achmed gave you one. Dang...he knows me too well D:

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:43 am
Ratri_Cat
tassan

uh!!

sorry i asked sweatdrop
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

why are you sorry he asked? xd

you wanted an explanation and Achmed gave you one. Dang...he knows me too well D:

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

i am sorry because i did not understood YOU!!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:26 am
After all this.
Is it a yes or no? xd

I have been trying to find out if it is ok to talk only and not do anything wrong.
But I guess Islam is trully the most hardest religion to go with when you are in love.  

squinty1989

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:32 pm
squinty1989
After all this.
Is it a yes or no? xd

I have been trying to find out if it is ok to talk only and not do anything wrong.
But I guess Islam is trully the most hardest religion to go with when you are in love.

to make it simple (in my terms)

1.you can talk to her
2.she needs to keep parda (wearing hijab)
3.By wrong you mean touching? (then yes you can talk to her)
4.you can only talk to her if she is wearing parda to you need to do parda (by not seeing direct into her eyes)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:48 pm
All I know is that you are aloud to talk, i mean how the heck can you avoid that?! You can't be alone together anywhere even if you're doing nothing wrong. You can only be alone together if you're married. I have this little book for women that says you're not supposed to really make any physical contact if the guy's a non-mahram (someone you can marry) and I know that your supposed to keep your gaze low or something like that. And all my books and teachers say that it is haram to talk to a non-mahram guy on the internet or phone (i'm pretty sure u CAN do that if you're engaged though!)....but i don't really listen to them about the internet part cuz i have some guy friends that i talk to a lot so yeah....

and i'm sorry this is mostly from a girl's point of view, but i can't really help that sweatdrop

-Xo-KrazeeWierdo-oX-

squinty1989

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:37 am
Thanks smile
Your point of view is important! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:36 am
squinty1989
Thanks smile

hehe your welcome

and i see you are online 3nodding  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

-Xo-KrazeeWierdo-oX-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:21 pm
squinty1989
Thanks smile

heart ~You're welcome!~ heart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:41 am
-Xo-KrazeeWierdo-oX-
All I know is that you are aloud to talk, i mean how the heck can you avoid that?! You can't be alone together anywhere even if you're doing nothing wrong. You can only be alone together if you're married. I have this little book for women that says you're not supposed to really make any physical contact if the guy's a non-mahram (someone you can marry) and I know that your supposed to keep your gaze low or something like that. And all my books and teachers say that it is haram to talk to a non-mahram guy on the internet or phone (i'm pretty sure u CAN do that if you're engaged though!)....but i don't really listen to them about the internet part cuz i have some guy friends that i talk to a lot so yeah....

and i'm sorry this is mostly from a girl's point of view, but i can't really help that sweatdrop

what even on the internet -- what if you havent seen them in your life and you are like a million miles away from each other - and the age gap is around three years -- eek i never new that -- i thought that ony in real life you cant and i dont really ... and i wear hijab ...

is it still not ok??  

spottystripes

-Xo-KrazeeWierdo-oX-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:33 pm
spottystripes
-Xo-KrazeeWierdo-oX-

what even on the internet -- what if you havent seen them in your life and you are like a million miles away from each other - and the age gap is around three years -- eek i never new that -- i thought that ony in real life you cant and i dont really ... and i wear hijab ...

is it still not ok??

I'm not sure but in my opinion I think it's worse if you've never met them in your life. The age difference doesn't matter at all, just the fact that the guy is a non-mahram. And it's ok to talk to them in real life as long as you're covered, you don't touch, you keep your gaze low, or anything like that. But it's better if girls and guys just don't mix, but that's kinda hard to do if you live in the U.S. (atleast for me it is) This is just what I've learned from taking a Ladies' Islamic Studies class.

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff