Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
So Who Are your Mains? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:11 pm
dragwarrior
everyone i know that uses sonic, says "sonic isnt cheap, hes just fast!"

Sonic is hardly cheap at all, unless Smash balls are on (In which case his totally overpwered final smash kills everything)

Sonic lacks a valid killing move, therefore you can take a good deal damage and easily kill sonic  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:27 am
If you think a character is cheap, then your just to stupid to get around it.  

Psychoace

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:31 pm
Psychoace
20 seconds of Super-Sonic is cheap. There's no argueing that point. If you can survive it, then good for you, but odds are the person didn't know what he was doing.

Sonic has one reliable KO move: his fsmash. Unfortunately, that's also one of his best moves for spacing, and it's short-range and predictability doesn't help either.

Like I said earlier, he's a beast in team-battles. Without a partner to smash the foes into oblivion for him, however, Sonic isn't KOing anyone below 120%, which is pitiful compared to EVERYONE ELSE in the game.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:49 pm
I love fast characters. Quick to items and such.
*-Lucario- My favorite. Not as fast, but he counters, has a manuverable "Fire" ability, and very agile.

*-Meta Knight- fast attacks, good speed, and HE CAN FLY!

*-Toon Link- I like Link, but since TL is a smaller target and is faster...

*These guys are my top three because my main strategy is to survive and pick off the damaged. Very effective, very annoying.

-Ike- I have recently been dominating with him, but he is so slow and has bad recovery. I am better at survival.

-Sonic- I am OK with him, but he is a little too fast. No real attacks.

And those are my top five!  

Nitrox Dragon

Tricky Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:39 pm
Mirri the Sneak
Psychoace
20 seconds of Super-Sonic is cheap. There's no argueing that point. If you can survive it, then good for you, but odds are the person didn't know what he was doing.

Sonic has one reliable KO move: his fsmash. Unfortunately, that's also one of his best moves for spacing, and it's short-range and predictability doesn't help either.

Like I said earlier, he's a beast in team-battles. Without a partner to smash the foes into oblivion for him, however, Sonic isn't KOing anyone below 120%, which is pitiful compared to EVERYONE ELSE in the game.

How is it a "reliabe" KO move if its range sucks and it is predicatble? Its not even a fast activating attack. It takes one of those charged to kill most characters in the mid 100's.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:07 pm
Deathguiser
KittyKun306
Mine are:
1. Sonic
2. Lucario
3. Meta Knight
4. Toon Link
5. Ike

Sonic RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really.

Lol. You served him. But ya Soinc sucks, he's just good at getting Smash Balls and has an overpowered Final smash  

PhoenixBlade983

sonicfreak1031

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:20 pm
1. marth
2. lucas
3. ike
4. sonic
5. diddy  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:14 pm
Deathguiser
dragwarrior

Sonic is hardly cheap at all, unless Smash balls are on (In which case his totally overpwered final smash kills everything)

Sonic lacks a valid killing move, therefore you can take a good deal damage and easily kill sonic

isnt it the same with wario or bowser?  

dragwarrior

Starfox64x

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:02 pm
these guys =3 User Image

Starting with Fox... but theyre all pretty even I can kick butt with all of them...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:13 am
dragwarrior
Deathguiser
dragwarrior

isnt it the same with wario or bowser?

Thsoe are survivable with proper staging and manueverability. Super Sponic is 300x faster with more punch. Come on, thats gay.  

Deathguiser

Psychoace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:36 am
All final smashes are one sided, that's why they call them final smashes.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 am
Mine are:
1: Luigi
2: Kirby
3: Ike
4: Marth
5: Mario
6: Ice Climbers
7: Pit  

KRaZyAmmo

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:51 pm
Psychoace

No they aren't. Several final smashes are easily survivable/dodgeable. Just to name a few: Mario, Link, Toon link, Ike, Meta Knight, jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Gannondorf, etc. Theres more, but I'd have to look at a character list. Sonic has the cheapest final smash hands down.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:05 pm
Lucario is my number 1, but I use other characters on occasions too.
Most used other character?

I can't remember....  

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

Psychoace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:36 pm
Deathguiser
Psychoace

No they aren't. Several final smashes are easily survivable/dodgeable. Just to name a few: Mario, Link, Toon link, Ike, Meta Knight, jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Gannondorf, etc. Theres more, but I'd have to look at a character list. Sonic has the cheapest final smash hands down.

It isn't a matter of dodging or not, it still gives a character an advantage that the other one doesn't have. Why is it considered cheap when its something in the game?  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff