Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
♪ Music is the universal language of mankind. ♪ [A BAND Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

♪ READY TO ROCK?!? ♪
  IT'S JUICE AND JAM TIME
  I SALUTE YOU
  BRB FORGOT MY GEE-TAR
  lolwut?
View Results

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:10 am

Rainer shrugged, hoodie covering her thin frame. Her hands burrowed into the pocket, seeking warmth. So she, Virgil and Cherry could write music. That was okay; at least she wouldn't have to work overtime. And Carrie was probably better at lyrics than she was, so Carrie could take over for her in that department.

"If you guys have a pencil and some blank music sheets, I could probably start," Rainer said quietly, leaning against the wall and bringing her knees up to her chest. Her hands remained in the pocket of her hoodie. "Though you may have to wait, cause my hands are cold," she added ruefully.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:30 am
Caroline nodded, and agreed, "Yeah, you probably don't want to write with cold hands! Besides, we're in no rush."

Caroline brainstormed, in her head, random fragments of lyrics that may or may not string together to form a real song. Or, perhaps, each one could be added on to in order to create a new song.

It's time to face my fears,
but can I really do it?
Lacking the resolve,
missing the will,
there's a void where my heart should be.

In this dark world all around us,
how will we get through?
In this broken paradise,
how will we live?
In this sticky situation,
how will we solve the problems that arise...?

Enter the mind of your own,
and let the thoughts seep into your soul.
Let the voice call out
with a strong lilt.

"Hm..." Carrie had a few fragments, now.

((Oh, Eikre, I think I know what inspired that song of yours. wink Together by Lunatica, right? "Side by side we'll face the threat" I love that line~!))  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:03 am
[Kind of. I was shooting for a realistic-ish song about a group of kids making a foothold in their place in the world. Kinda like these four, eh?]

"Staff paper and pencil?" Virgil asked, as he delved into his little black bag of music to pull out the requested stuff. Finding them easily, he tossed them to Rainer and said, "Ask and ye shall receive. Keep it, inspiration comes at the silliest of times sometimes."

He pulled out another staff paper notebook, this one filled with all sorts of stuff, and flipped it to a blank page, and thought about how to fill it, to match the lyrics. Start off with a couple of cymbal crashes, to set the beat, and shoot right into the melody...whatever it is. In the background...a synth or piano or something playing a cheery and perhaps aquatic harmony.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:07 pm

Cherry hummed quietly, not really thinking about lyrics or the band or any of that jazz. There'd be enough time for that later. Instead she was daydreaming about the end of school and summer. That would make a nice song she mused, and then she was back to thinking about the band. That changed to a daydream about what life would be like if the band actually went and became famous. Would they stay friends? She hoped so.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:10 am
Caroline heard Cherry humming softly, and Caroline smiled. She started to hum to herself, too. This time, she was humming randomly... just sort of making up a random tune off the top of her head. She sung some of her lyrics softly to herself, trying not to sing too loudly so as to not disturb the others. "Enter the mind of your own, and let the thoughts seep into your soul..." Even though she was singing quietly, her voice was strong and fluid, the words clear and crisp as they escaped her lips.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:27 pm
Just as the bad started to get bored, and the novelty of their plans got worn off, the bell rung for their next class. Packing up his stuff, Virgil had no idea what to say to his fellow band members. So, he said nothing at all. Better to say nothing, then to try and fail horribly and miserably right?

Well...that's a lie. He wouldn't say absolutely nothing, it's just that he wouldn't initiate the conversation. He waited by the door for his fellow band mates, bits of music still floating through his head.  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:19 am
Caroline looked up at the clock as the bell rang; she wasn't that surprised. It was, after all, time for the next class. Caroline stood up, brushed off her pants casually, and then went to the door, lingering by the doorway.

"Bye, I guess?" Caroline asked. She wondered when they would all meet up again. "I'll see you all later?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:32 pm

"Actually," Cherry murmered quietly, "You know, if we're gonna be a band, we need to practice some, and we don't have to just do our own songs. We can warm up with some other songs as well." It was her last period of the day, she didn't know about the others, but she had an open garage, her parents wouldn't be home until six, and her brother was working until eight. Plus, even if they didn't practice, they could still bounce around more ideas. "My place is open now, if you guys aren't busy."

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:17 am
Caroline smiled at Cherry with an inward sigh. Now, they had a place to practice. Caroline knew that her house was definitely not an option. She didn't think that her parents would appreciate music practice in their basement. Or in the living room. Caroline nodded and said, "Yeah, thanks! I'm not busy this afternoon..."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:10 pm

[Henry Longfellow!]

"Alright then, what time do you guys want to come over?" she asked, picking up her guitar case with one hand and her orange messanger with the other.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:12 pm
"Hm..." Caroline thought for a moment. "Well, I don't really mind; any time after school I guess. I could go over to your place now, if everyone else can..."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:37 pm
Garage practicing sounded like a good idea. "Yeah, my folks won't mind me coming home a bit later. I'll call them on the way there." Virgil said with a smile, "I could go over there now, if ya like."  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:20 am
Caroline decided that she would call her parents on the way there, too, like Virgil was going to. If she didn't call her parents, they might be a bit freaked, since she hardly ever stayed after school. For anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:04 pm

"All right then," she shrugged as she walked out of the classroom. "Now is fine. Rainer?"

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out