Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Why is the Dothack Series generally addicting? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Euphemius

Vice Captain

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:29 pm
I think it was how creative, and original it is compared to other RPGs. Like really, when was the last time you played/heard of a game where you're playing a character that's playing an online game, and have to save the game and destroy bugs that wasn't .hack//?

And I really like the character designs and all the different personalities of the characters. That and the wide selection of party members.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:52 am
[Dill]
I actually found G.U.'s plot lacking in comparison to IMOQ. I guess what hooked me is the fanboy hope that they might be able to get close to everything that attracted me to the first titles while improving things. But it was sort of a let down.

So I rewatch SIGN and playthrough IMOQ again.

I will say the areas and music in G.U. were definitely top tier, even if they lacked the celtic feel of the first four games. They're good on their own though.

Why didn't you like the story in GU? I thought it was better in GU than in Infection.  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Vendiche

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:05 pm
I could honestly say that I was totally confused when I first started .Hack// and just left it until a friend re-introduced the series to me again. As I saw more of it, I started to get hooked. I guess the reason why it's so addicting for me is because .Hack// in general just leaves me curious and I can't help but want to know more. The plot was interesting enough and I loved how supernatural it would be to get stuck inside of an online game. I wanted to know more about what goes on behind the scenes of [The World] and it all seems like one big puzzle to solve. I like puzzles and this one's just elaborate enough to gain my interest for quite a while.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:36 pm
I became Addicted to it from SIGN around when i was about 6. Think a 6 year old couldn't keep up? WELL I WAS ABLE TO!!! I always did figure out what happened in the last episode if i missed one. Which was ONCE. But Thanks to veoh.com I SAW THAT EPISODE! pure Epicness. also if you haven't, Watch GIFT. but only watch it if you

A) wanna See Helba Naked
B) wanna see mimiru (backshot) naked And
C) wanna see Subaru Almost (top only) Naked.

Well The Manga was Awesome and Still is (X fourth) Legend of Twilighty was awesome (OUKA!) (>//> Ahem) and last G.U was Okay, I liked R:1 better. Same with Roots.  

FenrisHellhound

Unbeatable Werewolf

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:30 pm
iVongolaX27
I could honestly say that I was totally confused when I first started .Hack// and just left it until a friend re-introduced the series to me again. As I saw more of it, I started to get hooked. I guess the reason why it's so addicting for me is because .Hack// in general just leaves me curious and I can't help but want to know more. The plot was interesting enough and I loved how supernatural it would be to get stuck inside of an online game. I wanted to know more about what goes on behind the scenes of [The World] and it all seems like one big puzzle to solve. I like puzzles and this one's just elaborate enough to gain my interest for quite a while.

Same! :0 I didn't really know what was going on too, and then PPN had to explain some stuff to me.
Yeah, it's like the series you just want to keep watching/reading/playing because there is still so much stuff you don't know yet. c:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:49 am
My friend made sort of a neat comment regarding why
.hack// was such an interesting series:

"Dot hack is not like other series in the way that it takes
a bit of adult comprehension to piece the parts of the
series together. What made [SIGN] especially difficult to
understand is the fact that if one episode was missed,
it was difficult to keep track of exactly what had happened.
Events rapdily develop and resolve within the time of one
episode, but each event affects its characters for the
remainder of the series. It didn't help that Cartoon Network
frequently showed the episodes out of order, which made
it impossible to tell whether Aura was good, evil, awake,
asleep, or not even a significant character as of late."

I still stick to my defense that Yuki Kajiura's music made
the whole series.

The Slate Scholar
Crew

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:22 am
I do agree that if you missed one episode, you got confused. ]:

But, I don't think the music made the whole series. I liked SIGN. Even though there wasn't much fighting, and it was mainly talking and people moving from area to area, I liked it. I like there little talks, and the way they talked about other characters. c:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:44 am
What about a memorable quote by Sora?:

"Tsukasa! Let's play red light-green light."

The Slate Scholar
Crew

Eradesa Lrucah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:21 pm
I was addicted ever since I saw .Hack//Sign -sighs- Tsukasa <3

@Slate: x3 Sora was cool, but only near the end of the series.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:39 pm
You mean when he died/comtosed?

/soraridicule

The Slate Scholar
Crew

Eradesa Lrucah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:10 pm
No, when he was a b***h towards B.T. xD
You know, I didn't feel bad for her when she got rejected by Crim? Not at all.
Also in the Bonus dvd when Tsukasa was all nice to him :]  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:59 pm
"Member Address, please."

It's such a shame that no user in SIGN could
dance to save their lives.

The Slate Scholar
Crew

Azure_Flame_Goddess

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:31 pm
there are so many reasons it's addicting, but the big reason for me is b/c the story is so unique. I mean, It's a game within a game. That's pretty cool!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:31 am
@Slate
Well it was online. xD Maybe Harald should have programmed more dance moves for the characters. D:<

@Azure
I agree. It's something you'd never think of, and I like that. [:

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Meliu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:25 pm
The reason why I got addicted was because at first in the twilight braclet manga, things made no sense. So as I persued intrest in .hack, learning about it, I fell in love with what I call one of the best RPG's.

This is .hack
It doesn't need to make sense.
That's why it's so awesome.

@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out