Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:32 pm
The Goth Apple
Laharl Part Deux
The Goth Apple
Here's one I get alot.
I sit down, open my sketchbook in my lap and pull out a pencil. Someone walks up, gawps what's on the page, and asks, "Did you draw that?"
I mean, really. No, I just let some random hobo draw in my sketchbook. Looks like he draws alot, though, doesn't he?
Yeah I know that one. I usually tend to be sarcastic in my answer to that question.
How would one answer that question non-sarcastically? I mean, besides "Yes.".
My reply would be something like "Oh my you're RIGHT! This drawing couldn't be mine, someone must've replaced it with their own."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:51 am
"are you ALWAYS cold?"

ugh! im NEVER cold. i just wear black because im goth. (emo,actually) emo  

black chrystal

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:54 am
black chrystal
"are you ALWAYS cold?"

ugh! im NEVER cold. i just wear black because im goth. (emo,actually) emo
If you're emo then why are you calling yourself goth? You wear black because your goth? You can be a goth without ever wearing a speck of black in your life! Wearing black doesn't make you goth.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:21 pm
I have people asking me all the time whether or not I can breathe while wearing a corset. However, the people who ask me are all genuinely curious about why I live the way I do, and are not trying to insult me, so I always give straight answers.

Then there was this one kid who came up to me and said, "Okay, I'm serious. I'm not even joking, I really want to know, seriously: Why do you like death?" I gave him some speech about it being a part of life and finding beauty in it, really over the top. I don't think he bought it.  

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:29 pm
xxrackellaxx
I have people asking me all the time whether or not I can breathe while wearing a corset. However, the people who ask me are all genuinely curious about why I live the way I do, and are not trying to insult me, so I always give straight answers.

Compared to a lot of questions, I think this one is fairly reasonable. Corsets have had a long, dubious history. Even people who only casually know corsets have heard the health-hazards involved with wearing a corset too tight. It's often only people who wear corsets that know a properly-made corset can actually be beneficial.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:53 pm
GilAskan
xxrackellaxx

Compared to a lot of questions, I think this one is fairly reasonable. Corsets have had a long, dubious history. Even people who only casually know corsets have heard the health-hazards involved with wearing a corset too tight. It's often only people who wear corsets that know a properly-made corset can actually be beneficial.

Yes, but the people who ask me are people whom I work with on a regular basis, and since talking requires breathing, one would think it rather obvious that I am able to breathe. I guess it's really a matter of context.

(is annoyed with Pirates of the Carribean for perpetuating the "all corsets are bad" myth...)  

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:30 am
xxrackellaxx
GilAskan
xxrackellaxx

Yes, but the people who ask me are people whom I work with on a regular basis, and since talking requires breathing, one would think it rather obvious that I am able to breathe. I guess it's really a matter of context.

Indeed. I suspect when they ask about breathing, they mean "breathe well".

xxrackellaxx
(is annoyed with Pirates of the Carribean for perpetuating the "all corsets are bad" myth...)

When I first saw it, my main reaction was "Oh, they say they've never seen a corset before and they don't know what it is. They must be doing it wrong."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:54 am
Laharl Part Deux
The Goth Apple
Here's one I get alot.
I sit down, open my sketchbook in my lap and pull out a pencil. Someone walks up, gawps what's on the page, and asks, "Did you draw that?"
I mean, really. No, I just let some random hobo draw in my sketchbook. Looks like he draws alot, though, doesn't he?
Yeah I know that one. I usually tend to be sarcastic in my answer to that question.

i get that one all the time. for some reason no one in my school believes in originality; most of my artwork is in anime style and for some reason i always get asked if its sailor moon.
which my art looks NOTHING like i assure you.

most people think me and my friend trace. apparently there's no such thing as talent where i come from. and it pisses me off even more when people who know NOTHING about art and cant even draw a stick figure to save their life have the nerve to critisize my work.

and the one that i get the most:
"will you draw me something?"
now i'm just sitting here and minding my own business and i turn around and there's a group of people gawking over my shoulder, flocking you with their requests, and if its not bad enough my mother gives me the same crap when i get home. she flaunts my work because there's no other reason she should be proud of me.

its not that i am unhappy being an artist, a semi-decent one at least, but sometimes i wish i had kept that part of me a secret. it sometimes sucks to be an artist.

and to think, one day i'm gonna make a career out of people's requests. gonk

Ayame_Rikimayu

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas