Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Welcome to the CIC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:33 pm
((haha, I was thinking the exact same thing when I wrote that smile. xD ))

His grin did not subside, not when he could see that they were slowly catching on. Slowly but surely. What did he care, as long as they could understand him eventually. He glanced back and forth between the conversation, and his tail twitched back and forth excitedly. Yes, yes, this was going perfectly!

When the obsidian haired mini god finally addressed him, he felt ridiculously happy and excited. He naturally loved taking place in conversations, and being talked about, and not being talked to was actually a bit disconcerting for him. He was so excitedly he shot up on all fours and bobbed his head enthusiastically. Yes, anything to get him understood!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Aväris’s eyebrows shot up at the kitten’s enthusiastic reply. So it did understand them after all. This was getting… interesting, to say the least. He and Maar shared a look before turning back to the kitten in question. It was going to be hard to explain themselves if someone walked in on them, but at this time of day, most flihvas were out running errands and getting through the day. Hopefully, they could continue this interrogation in peace and utter secrecy.

“Well,” Maar said slowly. “I suppose we’ll have to stick to yes or no questions for now, unless you’re telling me your little kitten paws can hold a quill.”

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:47 pm
He opened his mouth to say that, yes, indeed he could write. Until he realized that was not exactly what Music Man was asking. He looked down at his paws, and lifted one up. He flexed and attempted to curl it up-with little progress. The most he could manage was stretching his claws out more.
He lifted his other paw, and attempted to clap them together, but he lost his balance and put them down before he fell forward. He tried again, nearly falling to the side this time. No, apparently that would not work.

He stood up on all four legs, and bared his teeth, imagining he had something clamped between them. He tilted his head sideways, and stretched up and down, creating an imaginary 'Ka.' Even without actual ink, he could tell from the strain and the wobble in his legs that he would barely be able to create a discernible letter.

So he straightened, and looked back up to the two. He shook his head dismally, acknowledging his failure, in case the other two missed it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Maar had to bite his lip to keep from laughing. The damned adorable thing looked so silly! It nearly fell over twice, trying to write out letters. But that had answered Maar's question partially; the kitten was knowledgable enough to write, and knew how to use a pen and it tried to think of the different ways it could hold the pen. Its intelligence was on par with his own. Interesting.

"Aväris, do you think you could use your magic to get him out of this state? I would try, but I'm terrible with magic," Maar said sheepishly, more talking to the cat than Aväris; Aväris knew of Maar's sad magic deficiency.

Sighing, Aväris shook his head.

"See, you don't even know the basics of magic, Maar," Aväris said reproachfully. Maar glared at him. Aväris grinned, then continued, making sure to include the kitten in the conversation.

"I would try, but I would have to know what it looked like, so I could get a general idea of what I was transforming it back into. And I would have to know it personally, so I could connect with it on the personal level needed to transform its whole body. Wait. I can't keep calling you an it, now can I?" Aväris asked the kitten with a slightly evil glint in his eye. He reached out quickly and grasped the kitten around the middle. He lifted it into the air and examined it between the legs.

"Ah," Aväris said knowingly. "A male. Down you go--" He gently placed the kitten back on the rock, smirking. "Well, I'm sure you had fun watching us dress then. Though as a female, I suppose you would have had a different kind of fun." Maar jostled Aväris's shoulder.

"Enough," Maar said sternly. "Leave him alone. That wasn't a very nice thing to do, Aväris."

"Why, Maar?" Aväris asked innocently. "You let me do it to you all the time."

Maar blushed furiously, whapping Aväris sharply on the head with a wing. Aväris winced, rubbing his head and glaring at Maar while managing to look scandalized.

"Get on with your magic talk," Maar demanded, still blushing. He folded his arms across his bare chest, refusing to look at either the flihva or the kitten.

"Anyway," Aväris continued, speaking as if nothing had happened. "I could try to reverse whatever magic made you into a cat, but I don't know what kind of magic affected you, and the effort would probably kill you. So no, I can't help with magic; sorry."

"Well you could always scratch out a message with your claws, hm?" Maar questioned, looking at the cat curiously. A faint blush still marred his cheeks, though it was quickly fading away.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:29 pm
He looked to them thoughtfully as they discussed their magic. Good and bad at magic? So they needed to practice too. Huh... these guys seemed too human to be gods. Even with different facial structures and... well, yes, anatomical structures (the wings were not exactly common where he came from) their personalities were just like regular old humans.

He listened with rapt attention of course to Avaris's explanation, eager to learn more about this place and magic. Everything he said made sense at least. Of course then there was the problem of understanding the human anatomy and feline anatomy and understanding how manipulate each in turn. Then again, how exactly did he end up with a transformation like-

Wait. I can't keep calling you an it, now can I?

His head shot up. Oh hell no, he knew where this was-

Sure enough, he was lifted up rather quickly from his stomach. Now, he was not necessarily shy, but somehow knowing this guy was doing it specifically to get on his case made it that much more embarrassing. He hissed even as he was set back down after being visually violated. Son of a b***h...

He was very happy that Music man came to his defense... only to have the relief backfire when he saw the exchange. Wait, these two were not conversing normally. These two weren't... were they lovers? Oh sweet mercy, they were just talking about...

He lay on the rock, and put his two forearms over his head, his hind quarters sticking his rump up in the air. Oh please let him be wrong, and not have horrible mental images. He looked up at Avaris's conclusion. Blast it, so the only chance they had was of killing him... almost.

...He wondered why he had not though of the claws before. He thought he was pretty smart, but he felt kinda silly. Experimentally he let one arm down and scratched out on the rock... only to not leave anything. Oh yeah, he was on a rock. Maybe that was why.

He shot up suddenly, an idea on his mind.

Wait a second, what if you-

He stopped when nothing but meows came from his mouth. He growled low at himself. Annoyed, he raised one paw up and pointed to Avaris. After jabbing once to show it was on purpose, he brought the paw up to his own throat.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:46 pm

||Ahahaha, I simply could not resist that little jab at Maar. xd ||

Aväris simply had to laugh at the kitten's reaction to getting picked up and examined. He could only imagine what kind of thoughts were going through its mind. He almost wished he could hear whatever colorful curses were going through the kitten's mind... almost.

Maar sighed, watching the kitten cover its ears. Of course, Aväris just had to make that little jab, and torture the poor thing. It was obviously very uncomfortable and disgusted at the thought of he and Aväris being lovers. He must not be from Aleah'Cim; he probably wasn't even a flihva. Flihva were very sensual and sexual and had absolutely no self-consciousness. The only reason they didn't parade about naked was to keep everyone off each other; it was only a bonus to look civilized and proper with clothes on.

"I don't understand cat or miming," Maar said flatly as the kitten tried to mime a message to them. The rock obviously would blunt any attempt at scratching, though dirt would not hold up so well.

"Are you trying to say you can't speak? Or do you want me to try and fix your vocal chords or something? I don't know if I could do that successfully. But if anything, you can dip some part of your anatomy into ink and write with that, if you're willing to get yourself inked," Aväris continued. He could think of a very sexual joke about that, but refrained from saying it. He did not seek to be the irritating type. "In response to the question regarding your vocal chords, nod once or shake your head once. And in regard to the question regarding the ink, nod twice or shake your head twice."

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:31 am
I don't understand cat or miming.

Little kitty eyes just looked flatly at him. Then maybe trying to figure him out would be the best bet, yeah? That was what they had been attempting to do after all. Usually he was not so dry, but he was a little edgy, and knew he needed a way of communication fast.

He listened to Avaris's interpretation. Eh, close enough to what he was trying to say. He looked at his damp body. He shook himself off once and looked down again. Nope, still not nice and fluffy. But what could he use? He caught onto the man's unsaid implication of course. He had spent far too much time with older boys not to. He ignored it though. Of course, when he first heard it, he thought of black ink all over his tiny body, and just rubbing the whole thing on some paper. That would not work. His tail twitched, as though reminding him he had it. Of course.

So he nodded once. He put one paw to his throat again and put his paws on the rock, and looked as though he were pulling or stretching something. Then the stiff little tail wagged pointedly above him, and he nodded twice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:19 am

||... I don't get the pulling. crying ||

Sighing, Aväris rested his cheek on a palm and placed his elbow on the rock near the kitten. The cat was still trying to get itself dry. Why couldn't it just be patient? He and Maar were already dry -- save Aväris's wings and hair, but they were coming along nicely -- and the kitten shot them with cold water the instant it shook itself. The flihvas grimaced. Cold water with the essence of cat. Wonderful.

"Look," Aväris said flatly. "I really don't understand, but you nodded to both questions. So I'm going to start a little spell, just to probe your vocal chords, okay? But you being wet is not going well, and you just can't seem to stand being wet."

"Can't blame him," Maar murmured. "He is a cat. Now hurry up; I'm getting hungry. The sooner he can talk or write, the sooner he can tell us what he eats."

Aväris rolled his eyes.

"Fine, let me dry him first."

Sitting up, Aväris touched his left hand to the soggy kitten's body, imagining what it would be like to be water. Powerful; unconquerable; fluid; persistent; inconstant; erratic. He used the empathy to connect with the water, listening to what the water told him. Suddenly, his other hand shot up into the air and used a single finger to draw another glowing rune, though this one had more a shape of a figure eight. The rune glowed brighter, then faded into the air. Aväris removed his hand from the kitten's body, then both flihva watched the kitten carefully. For a moment, nothing happened. Then, suddenly, the water coating the kitten's fur suddenly pulsed, as if it had a heart beat, then jerked away from the body. The mass of water had the slight shape of a cat, though the magic released the water and the water splatted onto the floor.

Aväris turned to the now dry cat. Its fur was now dry, though it stood up on end from the force of the water ejecting itself. He smirked, and Maar stifled a laugh.

"Ready to begin speaking?"

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:05 pm
((It's okay, I didn't expect you to))

Well that was... slightly unexpected.

The notion of being dry was a tempting one indeed, and was excited when the being before him hinted that he would help out the poor soaked kitten. His eyes followed the movement of the hand curiously when it touched his tiny body. He watched with awe at the glowing figure drawn in mid-air. His little blue eyes widened at the light, until it disappeared. The hand was removed and he waited.

And waited.

Hey, what give-

He tensed. A single simultaneous squeeze through his entire body, a magical pulse from the constricting water. Then pulled from his skin to the very tips of his fur. If he had not just experienced something far more tense and agonizing, the feeling might have scared him. He only saw the floating droplets in front, and watched those fall to the ground.

He looked up at the two... only to see that they seemed to find something amusing. What was so funny?

Ready to begin speaking?

He nodded vigorously. Let's do this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:25 pm

"Okay, furball," Aväris said, eying its yellow fur. Maar smiled slightly, reaching out to smooth down the tabby's fur. It was quite nice and soft, and was pleasant to touch. Petting the kitten, Maar frowned at a sudden thought.

"You probably won't let us pet you when you get returned to your original form, hm?" Maar asked glumly. "And you'll probably have something to say about it if Aväris fixes your voice." Maar turned his red eyes to Aväris's golden ones. "Maybe this isn't such a good idea..."

Aväris shook his head.

"No, let the cat have his voice back," Aväris argued. "He'll hate you if you don't let that happen."

Frowning, Maar dropped his eyes back to the kitten in question. His shoulders drooped. "Fine..." he said grudgingly.

Smiling slightly, Aväris patted Maar's curly hair before turning back to the kitten.

"This might hurt a bit," Aväris murmured, placing a single finger on the kitten's throat. He was an avid magic user; as such, he knew much of animals' insides, and kittens were no strangers to him. He placed slight pressure on the furry throat, though not enough to choke the cat, but only cause slight discomfort. Probing about the neck, Aväris finally found a tiny lump. Grinning in triumph, he kept the pressure on the tiny lump and brought up the image of the kitten's voice box. He also thought of the tiny meowings before, and since he didn't know the sound of the cat's original voice, he settled for giving it the same, high-pitched cat voice. Concentrating deeply, Aväris kept the image of a kitten's larynx in his mind and let his other hand come up. His hand hesitated before moving slowly in a complicated shape of sharp points and curves. The rune glowed brightly and faded, melting back into the air.

Taking his finger away, Aväris stared down at the kitten.

"Try talking," Aväris commanded. "And don't be alarmed if you only have the cat voice; I don't know what your real voice sounds like, so I had to settle for your high-pitched meows as a guide."

Maar grinned. He wanted to hear the kitten speak!

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:41 pm
He let out a second mew and reflexively arched into the hand stroking him. He regained himself when Music man spoke his dilemma, and tilted his head as he listened. Well, that was mostly true. When he was turned back into his original form, he doubted either one of them would want to pet him. That was a creepy thought. His eyes widened when he mentioned not letting him have his voice back....

Only to feel relief at Avaris defending him. For once he was grateful to the irritating man.

He stayed perfectly still for the odd probing of the larynx. It did hurt a bit, but he managed to remain still, and suppressed the urge to cough, enraptured int he intense concentration of the spell caster. He watched the design, and somehow knew the second it faded that the deed was done. He could feel it, the change in complexities in his throat. He moved his tongue around his sharp teeth experimentally. He blinked at the warning. He sighed.

"That's okay." the high pitched squeak replied.

He stopped. Wait, really? He coughed and shook his head.

"Is that my voice?" he tested out. "Is that, my voice?" He let out a high groaning sigh. "I guess my voice never really dropped anyway." he said dejectedly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:31 pm
Well, at first I was just going to stick with Strider, but as I write about him, I feel like there's a pretty good story behind him already. However, there is one other character that needs work that I will work in later. Not now of course. Though she is important and needs practice.

Miren is also a character from my fanfiction, a girl who grew up with Strider and Amelia. She is the main love interest of the story. My main difficulty might be that I want her different from the other characters I've created so far, they tend to be outspoken... we'll see what happens as I go along. So yeah, just to let you know for later.  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:47 am
((I am a bit confused, and too lazy and busy to read through everything. XD Wow. You write fast! LOL... Um...where are the characters? Where should Shina go? XD))  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:14 am
*Sighs and shakes head* Shame Otulissa. Oh well, nothing we can do. 3nodding
Anyway, it has been decided that first you shall meet with Bloodimoonlight's character first, outside... where the heck our characters are. What, some kinda main hall or something I really have no idea.
Though, if she does not post soon, I'll put in Miren sooner than I expeted, so that we can all roleplay nicely.  

SpunkyOtaku

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:24 pm

||Hokay, so Otaku's and my characters are in a hot springs room in the palace in Aleah'Cim. Use your imagination as for the rest of the palace. You could have your character decide to use the baths in the middle of the day. biggrin ||

Maar burst out laughing, clutching his sides as tears of laughter ran down his face. Aväris laughed as well, though not with the same intensity as Maar. The cat's voice was so... high! It was hilarious! And his voice had never dropped... Amazing.

Wiping away his mirthful tears, Maar straightened and patted the kitten consolingly.

"That's alright, young one," Maar sniggered. "I'm sure the female cats will think its very attractive."

Aväris snorted. He highly doubted the cat would want to rut with other cats; he had been a flihva or human before, so why would he reduce himself to a real cat's level?

"Well, now that you can speak, you can tell us who you are, what you were before you were turned into a kitten, where you come from, and how you arrived here," Aväris said, rubbing the kitten under its chin.

-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff