Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Grammar Nazis Unite! Share your misspelling horror stories! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read Lynne Truss?
  Yes! I worship at her feet!
  Long Live "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves!"
  I've heard of her, but never read her...maybe I should?
  Who is she?
  No
View Results

PtolemaeusZero

Invisible Hunter

5,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:38 pm
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I had to do my Literature project. I am doing it on herbs in Medieval times. Take a look at this site and be horrified! How do you spell vapor wrong?!?  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:40 pm
ShadowCreator42
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I had to do my Literature project. I am doing it on herbs in Medieval times. Take a look at this site and be horrified! How do you spell vapor wrong?!?

I forgot the site... woops! mrgreen http://www.gardenhistoryinfo.com/gardenpages/herbals.html

Horrible  

PtolemaeusZero

Invisible Hunter

5,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

PtolemaeusZero

Invisible Hunter

5,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:21 am
ShadowCreator42
ShadowCreator42

I forgot the site... woops! mrgreen http://www.gardenhistoryinfo.com/gardenpages/herbals.html

Horrible

Okay I just found out that apparently it is just spelled Britishly (My new word!) The spellings are right in Britain apparently...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:47 pm
My Animal Nutrition teacher's grammar is so bad I can barely read it and he wrote our textbook. He's from Japan and doesn't seem to grasp the concept of English grammar. He just throws !, ?, and "" marks all over the place.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:01 pm
Maze353
My Animal Nutrition teacher's grammar is so bad I can barely read it and he wrote our textbook. He's from Japan and doesn't seem to grasp the concept of English grammar. He just throws !, ?, and "" marks all over the place.

From my observations, a lot of scientists don't seem to appreciate the English language very well. Or at least, biologists don't. All my lab manuals so far have had a bunch of simple spelling errors in them.

People need to learn that science and good grammar are not mutually exclusive. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:02 pm
NightIntent
Maze353

From my observations, a lot of scientists don't seem to appreciate the English language very well. Or at least, biologists don't. All my lab manuals so far have had a bunch of simple spelling errors in them.

People need to learn that science and good grammar are not mutually exclusive. gonk

Tell me about it. A colleague was showing me the application she printed off for a vet school. The spelling and grammar was so bad. I was reading it and thinking "This actually came from a university?" eek  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:06 pm
Maze353
Tell me about it. A colleague was showing me the application she printed off for a vet school. The spelling and grammar was so bad. I was reading it and thinking "This actually came from a university?" eek

gonk I just want to go to these people and show them the errors and be like, "Please. Just correct it for next year!" and then run away. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:56 pm
lol. my math professor wrote "calculas," and that's what she teaches, too.  

Mikiela

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:48 pm
Mikiela
lol. my math professor wrote "calculas," and that's what she teaches, too.

I had an algebra teacher that couldn't do basic math... or count. She claims she used to work for NASA. She would always make a silly mistake and say things like "When I used to work for NASA, we had to make sure everything was worked out correctly the the 6th decimal place!" and I would always think "That's why you teach HS math now lady...."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:39 pm
My history teacher always has run-on sentances in his tests, quizzes, and lecture notes. Every day, I yell at him to figure out that YOU NEED A PERIOD ONCE YOU FINISH THE THOUGH ABOUT MONGOLIA! YOU CAN'T JUST KEEP ADDING DEPENDANT CLAUSES THROUGHOUT THE SENTANCE!  

Harmonious Dischord

7,500 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

happyhamster24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:18 pm
I happened to come along one of the worst fanfiction ever made. It was called My Immortal, and it was a Harry Potter fanfiction. It had so many grammar and spelling mistakes that it would make your English teacher cry, or anyone with the misfortune of reading it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:19 pm
happyhamster24
I happened to come along one of the worst fanfiction ever made. It was called My Immortal, and it was a Harry Potter fanfiction. It had so many grammar and spelling mistakes that it would make your English teacher cry, or anyone with the misfortune of reading it.

If you are feeling particularly spiteful you could correct it in red and email back to the author. Oh, and add a "P.S." saying the bill for your time and effort is attached to the email! xd  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

happyhamster24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:58 am
Maze353
happyhamster24

If you are feeling particularly spiteful you could correct it in red and email back to the author. Oh, and add a "P.S." saying the bill for your time and effort is attached to the email! xd

That's what everybody should do, but somebody actually hacked her account and changed the story. Just to note, she made a book about it and, you can find it here:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11099295-my-immortal  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces