Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Somking Haram - Why?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxXZero_BeatXxX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:59 am
all over the world differ on which word is used to rule cigarettes. Some say it is absolutely Haram because it is a slow method of suicide and suicide is Haram in Islam. Some base it on the following too:
- Danger to health
- Environment - Disturbing people around
- Addiction
- Bad Smell - Disturbing people around
- Waste of money
- Some even say it intoxicates the body

The best opinion regarding smoking is Makrooh At-Tahrimi as there is not enough strength in all the above points to say smoking is Haram. Makrooh At-Tahrimi is a disliked act very close to Haram. Most of the above points are disliked acts in Islam as well as Haram. E.g. Bad smell is disliked whereas Harming other Muslims is Haram.

Please note, the following are not views to encourage smoking. Makrooh should be avoided to the extent of full regret and Tawbah (Repentance). The following are reasons why to avoid the Muslims questioning why we do not say smoking is Haram.

The reason why the above points can not be valid to say that smoking is completely and clearly Haram is as follows:

1. Slow Suicide, Killing ones self slowly:

a) Suicide is indeed Haram. However, it is almost impossible to prove that smoking is decreasing life span.

Our Aqaaid (Beliefs) is that Allah has written the time of death referred to in the Qur'aan as "Ajal" (Fixed Time). Therefore, how can one claim smoking decreases life?

b) Many men have died due to smoking heavily and were confirmed by doctors as smoking being the cause. On the

other hand, there are old men at the ages of 80+ who still smoke. This shows it is not whether they smoke or

not that matters, it is how much and to what level of tobacco is inhaled. Due to this, in certain

circumstances, smoking can become Haram. However, it is not enough to clarify it Haram in general.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:43 am
Bismillah ---

I agree with you. That Ajal is written for every and each person. I might die the next second, and I might die 100 years later ( If Allah wills ).

You said that some people are 80 + and still smoke. But that doesn't prove that Smoking isn't Haram. Smoking might cause you problems. Those problems can lead to killing yourself. And killing yourself is Haram. So, you can't say, I smoke, but I might die of electric shock for example. That doesn't change anything, if that electric shock didn't kill you, then smoking will. We all can't deny that smoking is not good for your health.

--- Salam

Mini_Angel_1994

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas