Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Movies / Music / TV / Other Media
The Dark Knight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maternal Heart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:44 pm
That movie was so ******** awesome.
If you haven't seen it already, I'd advise you to soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:07 pm
Oh, I forgot to point out the best part of the movie. That is, the distinctive lip licking sound that appeared whenever the joker talked.  

Jonnnn

Invulnerable Enthusiasm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:19 pm
Would anyone like to see a pencil trick?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:24 pm
-.-

I'd also like to point out that The Dark Knight is still maintaining a 9.5/10 on IMDB, making it the top rated rated movie of all time thus far.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:28 pm
What was so great about ledger's performance was the small details, like said lip licking. Like I said, this was an absolutely amazing movie, but it isn't really that accurate a representation of the comics (and the good graphic novels are just as good as this movie, just in different ways)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:08 pm
Oh my gosh, I loved it.
Heath played the part to a 'T'.

*sighs*  

lilicorn

Tipsy Shoujo

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:16 pm
No, Heath didn't play the part of the real joker. He played an absolutely ******** amazing role, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't the classic joker, it was an anarchic absolute alternate joker.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:26 pm
Ah, well, I don't even know what the 'real' Joker is like.
But with this movie, and Heath being Heath, it's pretty much how I imagined him.
Only better. Much much better.  

lilicorn

Tipsy Shoujo

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:34 pm
Ok, classic joker is supposed to be a psychotic man who's skin was bleached white and his hair turned green after falling into a vat of chemicals. The incident, along with other events happening in his life turned him absolutely insane. It has been theorized that he actually lives in a state of "super sanity" and because of all the impulses he feels, he simply does whatever satiates them, so some days he might be an innocent prankster, while others (most) he'll be a psychopathic killer

Alternatively he's just one twisted dude who does what he does to get his kicks. Either way, batman has stated numerous times that only the joker himself understands his own grand plans (Which he does have). He usually has a very immaculate appearance and an overly large grin. Usually his weapons are pistols, electrocuting hand buzzers, or joker venom. Also he usually has an almost childlike psychotic humor, almost loves batman in a way, and views arkham as a sort of home that he can escape whenever he feels like doing so.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:00 pm
Jonnnn
Oh, I forgot to point out the best part of the movie. That is, the distinctive lip licking sound that appeared whenever the joker talked.

Whatever. Clearly its him in the nurse outfit. Lol.  

Sky Scorcher

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:01 pm
nitnit
Ok, classic joker is supposed to be a psychotic man who's skin was bleached white and his hair turned green after falling into a vat of chemicals. The incident, along with other events happening in his life turned him absolutely insane. It has been theorized that he actually lives in a state of "super sanity" and because of all the impulses he feels, he simply does whatever satiates them, so some days he might be an innocent prankster, while others (most) he'll be a psychopathic killer

Alternatively he's just one twisted dude who does what he does to get his kicks. Either way, batman has stated numerous times that only the joker himself understands his own grand plans (Which he does have). He usually has a very immaculate appearance and an overly large grin. Usually his weapons are pistols, electrocuting hand buzzers, or joker venom. Also he usually has an almost childlike psychotic humor, almost loves batman in a way, and views arkham as a sort of home that he can escape whenever he feels like doing so.

I read this off off wikipedia too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:09 pm
I actually made that up myself completely based off of my own comic reading experiences, but alright  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:11 pm
Ok.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:18 pm
mind you, their trying to keep it realistic. so try not to kill it 100%. it was still great.  

Sky Scorcher

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:41 pm
I'm pretty sure I said it was amazing/best movie ever etc. quite a few ties. I was just stating that it isn't really a purely accurate representation of the comics (no batman movie has been)  
Movies / Music / TV / Other Media

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff