Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
On second thought, I don't like Kristen playing Bella.. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:41 am
Peach Tea Pocky
Did anyone else notice how Rosalie has a funky mole in the Twilight Tuesday vid? Uglay! Rosalie is supposed to be beautiful! And Emmett looks weird too! He has a tight face and is very odd looking. Alice is not what I thought she would look like. I don't like her pixie-ish hair. It just throws her off, to me. Bella looks fine, although in the trailer she is like, "How long have you been seventeen?" And I just thought her voice sounded wrong for the part when I heard it. Anyone else agree?

Yeah I agree, and she also sounds very stupid.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:30 pm
neither bella nor edward are played by actors who look like what I would hope for. cry cry  

Ebbing Lullaby

8,800 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:48 pm
llamazrokmysox
Pubic Genital Lice
Jellycones
I posted a clip of Kristen Stewart acting in Into The Wild a few pages up..

but also, if you guys haven't seen Cutlass (it's actually free on iTunes)
here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdkOZbpeeHU (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pokWR_AIL8 (part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoWGTZpkIiI (part 3)

i think it does her some justice :]

Okay, I've decided. It's her voice, and her face that doesn't make a good Bella. But, she is an alright actor. I WILL see the movie, and try to enjoy her acting. ;]

I don't like her voice. It's not how I pictured Bella's voice to sound, it's to...well, low I guess. I always imagined her voice being sort of light and sweet, but Kristen's is too...well, for lack of better words, low and dull.

It's sorta tom-boyish. :{

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:52 pm
Aradia Helevorn
Thats true. it almost always sounds like she's bored or angry all the time. i mean, i'm kind of being dragged to the movie anyway (i wanted to wait and rent it) but i guess i'll see then, although it don't hold much hope. I just wish there could have been better actors for twilight but thats a wish that will go un granted cause no one would be perfect for the characters. but i agree, Kristen is too bitchy looking, always seems on the verge of yelling at someone. Braty teen syndrom is somthing that she could pass off rather well. well, bella does have moments like that too though when she's being stubborn. perhaps at least those parts will be done right?

Maybe that's out she acts in real life. whee

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 pm
Peach Tea Pocky
Did anyone else notice how Rosalie has a funky mole in the Twilight Tuesday vid? Uglay! Rosalie is supposed to be beautiful! And Emmett looks weird too! He has a tight face and is very odd looking. Alice is not what I thought she would look like. I don't like her pixie-ish hair. It just throws her off, to me. Bella looks fine, although in the trailer she is like, "How long have you been seventeen?" And I just thought her voice sounded wrong for the part when I heard it. Anyone else agree?

Yeah, I am not a big fan for the person who is playing Rosalie. That actress was in the movie Thirteen, and I will always she that actress as a druggy. Rosalie isn't a druggy. But that actress is a good actress though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:14 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
Peach Tea Pocky

Isn't Emmett suppose to be like a BIG strong guy?????? I've seen the actor thats going to play him..and hes not at all.... Rosalie is suppose to be a really pretty girl but..idk... emotion_sweatdrop . I think whoever was doing the casting didn't read the series AT ALLL!!!  

IntotheDestiny

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:53 pm
IntotheDestiny
Evil_Dark_Kitty
Peach Tea Pocky

Isn't Emmett suppose to be like a BIG strong guy?????? I've seen the actor thats going to play him..and hes not at all.... Rosalie is suppose to be a really pretty girl but..idk... emotion_sweatdrop . I think whoever was doing the casting didn't read the series AT ALLL!!!

Its all the directors fault sad
Well not entirely but yeah.
And is it me or is she crazy?
Shes always so hyper and weird.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:17 pm
yeah, i was never really fond of her... her face is too sharp or thin or something, and i always picture bella as much softer and sweeter looking.

and they're saying that she and robert pattinson have chemistry? in everything i've seen them in together it seems really awkward neutral whatever.  

Lindini

cheekypeeky311

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:40 am
I dont think she would play a good Bella either. Idk she just has that look like shes all that and i hate the way she talks in my opinion. I still think that she is a good actress but just not good for the part of Bella.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:27 am
2 words ppl!
Alexis Bledel!

Evil_Dark_Kitty

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:31 am
Pubic Genital Lice
Aradia Helevorn
Thats true. it almost always sounds like she's bored or angry all the time. i mean, i'm kind of being dragged to the movie anyway (i wanted to wait and rent it) but i guess i'll see then, although it don't hold much hope. I just wish there could have been better actors for twilight but thats a wish that will go un granted cause no one would be perfect for the characters. but i agree, Kristen is too bitchy looking, always seems on the verge of yelling at someone. Braty teen syndrom is somthing that she could pass off rather well. well, bella does have moments like that too though when she's being stubborn. perhaps at least those parts will be done right?

Oh, man that wouldn't be good. what if she brought that over into bella's character. i think i just might cry (and trust me thats saying somthing). but i think they should fire the casting director. who ever it is is terrible!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:55 am
Aradia Helevorn
Pubic Genital Lice
Aradia Helevorn

Oh, man that wouldn't be good. what if she brought that over into bella's character. i think i just might cry (and trust me thats saying somthing). but i think they should fire the casting director. who ever it is is terrible!

That'd really blow then if she did that. The only spot I want her to bring that to is when she runs away.

Haha, and I think they might have to fire Stephenie. Because it was her that, I think, suggested Kristen. I read some where that she said she though Kristen had a good acting background. That she had all the experince acting skills from her former movies that'd she be a great Bella.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:06 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
Aradia Helevorn
Pubic Genital Lice
Aradia Helevorn

That'd really blow then if she did that. The only spot I want her to bring that to is when she runs away.

Haha, and I think they might have to fire Stephenie. Because it was her that, I think, suggested Kristen. I read some where that she said she though Kristen had a good acting background. That she had all the experince acting skills from her former movies that'd she be a great Bella.

Yeah, i read that on her site. i just shook my head. someone ovbiously don't know the basics of acting i guess. *shrugs* she's a writer, i think that's what she should keep to i guess. lol. it's just i'm so afraid that this book is going to be murdered in a movie like so many are. it's terrible and should be a crime i think. distruction of literature... and considering this is one of my favorite books it makes me more angry, especially since it's somthing so basic, a well acting cast.

some have been so worried about visuals, that the characters don't look like they pictured them, well thats going to be different for everyone and considering that the vampires are supose to be unearthy beautiful no regular human will be able to portray that perfectly. It's just their acting is very below standards. i'm wondering if they're working with a certain budget that don't permit them better actors... That would be an understandable reason.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:39 pm
I don't know, when I first saw kristen as bella I was supportive, and now that i've seen her act I'm basically falling off the bandwagon. Lemme just say ROBERT OWNS HER IN EVERY SCENE. He's really amazing and she just kinda flops... it's like someone is in the corner going

"OKAY Kristen! Look scared....NOW."

ya know?? Everything with her looks so fake. But I did like her in the messengers, I think she works well when we don't already know the character.

Did anyone read the script???

I dont know if it was the real thing but since I've been seeing clips it seems real... it's so funny to me, she has soo many one liners. it's like this...

Edward: Bella you complete me, if my heart could beat it would be for you.

Bella: Cool.

Edward: Youre beautiful. I love to see the blush in your cheeks.

Bella: Thanks.

Edward: Let's be together forever, I know formally I didn't want to change you but selfishness is ignited in my being and I can't spend eternity without you...

Bella: ALRIGHT, SEXY TIME.

----

sorry bout that, it's my little improv.

so yea... I don't like kristen as bella anymore. sad  

celestialheiress

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:33 am
Aradia Helevorn
Pubic Genital Lice
Aradia Helevorn
Pubic Genital Lice
Aradia Helevorn

Yeah, i read that on her site. i just shook my head. someone ovbiously don't know the basics of acting i guess. *shrugs* she's a writer, i think that's what she should keep to i guess. lol. it's just i'm so afraid that this book is going to be murdered in a movie like so many are. it's terrible and should be a crime i think. distruction of literature... and considering this is one of my favorite books it makes me more angry, especially since it's somthing so basic, a well acting cast.

some have been so worried about visuals, that the characters don't look like they pictured them, well thats going to be different for everyone and considering that the vampires are supose to be unearthy beautiful no regular human will be able to portray that perfectly. It's just their acting is very below standards. i'm wondering if they're working with a certain budget that don't permit them better actors... That would be an understandable reason.

Here's some thing that could change your views as well as many. It did to me. I just watched an older video of Nikki Reed talking about the feed back that many fans have said. She mentioned the stuff about how people were talking about that some of the cast isn't right for so-and-so reasons. She said that everything isn't going to be all the same to as it was in the book. That it was a movie based on the book.

So, the main word to be used is, BASED. It makes a little more sense now to me. It's just the acting I am worried about now. Other wise I can't really complain much anymore.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff