Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[OOC] Search for the Hidden ... <Megaplot> [OOC] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:27 pm
Who I am applying for: Kitisho
Username of person RPing Kitisho: Phifer

Quote:
Kitisho (‘Panic’) [Male Adult Lion] – An enormous lion, Kitisho is also disturbingly quiet, rarely speaking and taking his orders from Msiba … whatever orders he’s given. He gives the impression of rage barely restrained, but he – usually – manages to control it well. He’s perhaps one of the – if not the - greatest fighters on the savannah, and has the scars to prove it. Kitisho is paired to the male martial eagle, Ulinzi (‘Control’).

Prompt: Kitisho goes out hunting; make up a story about what happens while he's out there.

~.: @ :.~

Orders. Commands. Demands. Obedience and Loyalty.Despite his daunting size and fierce appearance, he was a silent figure, speaking volumes with his lack of words. Upon the leader's whim, he had to go hunt in order to nourish the group if they hoped to survive long enough to see the end of their natural days. He was the strongest. He was the biggest. He was the best suited to hunt for the group. Kitisho made sure he killed a few prey in order to feed the leader, Msiba, his, in all honesty, creepy sister, Mchawi, the quiet Unyevu, and the glutton that is the leader's younger brother, Machafuko. At first, life was alright, it worked out for him; he got orders, he carried them out, and everyone was happy. ... That was until that earth shake that disrupted his whole way of life. The great valley opened up to them, and curious as they were, the group followed Msiba in. Shortly after, they found a battered group of lions and lionesses , and to Kitisho's dismay, he now had many mouths to feed as Msiba volunteered them as hunters. He was certain that if he continued to hunt as he was, the savanna will have no food left in a few moons' time.

Leaving the great valley and the Aka'mleli, as their pride was called, he headed out for a good place to hunt. A herd, that was what he had to find.

"...Ulinzi..." A voice, as deep as the ocean was endless and jagged as the valley they now resided in, called out to his avian companion, whom was resting behind his neck. When he did talk, it was deep and rough, a hint of a growl heard in each phrase. Since the vultures ruled the sky above the valley, the eagle had kept close to Kitisho. Then again, he had always been there to talk in his stead, he was usually right on about what the lion wanted to be spoken. And just like when it came to hunting, the two made a great pair. Ulinzi took to the sky to find herds and recall information whilst Kitisho used the information to their advantage.

The male martial eagle fanned his large appendages, immediately taking to the sky in moments with a loud caw. "Aye, Kit!" he called out. Looking down below to seek out a nearby herd, he could not help but pass a glimpse over his life long companion, and to many's surprise, guardian. He saw but the harsh life of a stoic lion, a body riddled in scars, big and strong to endure so much pain and suffering as he carried out his orders without question. He was the loyalest lion he knew, one who would now defend only upon the command of Msiba. As the lion's companion and dearest friend, he stood beside his decisions just as he carried out his commands fully. After all, if it were not for him, this lion would not have lived long. So much rage and anger... that was the one thing the massive lion could not fend off alone, that was this avian's job to contain it with words and reason.

"There, ahead. Slight after Noon, a herd of Kudu. Think you can take them?" The eagle echoed down. The lion smirked and rushed head on with a beastial roar; these where the only times he could release his inner turmoils, rage, anger...

My order are clear. Find food. Kill leader and most healthy of group. Return feed 'family'. Make second trip feed pride. Make third, allow Machafuko seconds... thirds... and fourth.... The warrior recalled. As big and strong as he was, that was all he was. Rarely did he talk, but one did not need to when his body did it for him. He had clear orders. With an open herd ahead, he simply had to choose the strongest and the best.

This world has changed since the earthquake. Many were injured. Many were lost. They have lost sight of themselves. They have lost sight of what was important. Distraction. Worry. Fear. Doubt. None of that mattered to him, he had his orders. He just had to carry them out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:39 pm
Who we are applying for: Msiba and Mchawi
Username of person RPing Msiba: TheMadHatter
Username of person RPing Mchawi: Skye Starrfyre

Prompt: Mchawi discovers that the earthquake has uncovered a rift in the valley wall, allowing the rogues access into the valley; she brings the news to a brooding Msiba.

He stretched out lazily against a pile of rocks that had been pushed up by the earth quake, rolling his shoulders against one of the rounded edges. His back needed a good scratching and despite the look he'd received from Werevu about his choice of back scratchers he was determined to make good use of it.

Once he'd relieved that particular nuisance he stretched his body back out. The quiet was nice. There was no whining from little brother, no moping pride to deal with, just himself and the open air and the earth. Well, and of course, his ever watchful companion, but the vulture was quiet for the moment, most likely scheming something of his own.

There was a rather large smirk curving her muzzle as she followed her elder brother's scent out towards a pile of rubble. Her brow quirked slightly as she eyed him once she'd managed to tracked him down. "... Why are you lazing about, Msiba? There are things to be done... Or have you forgotten that?"

He tilted his head over his shoulder when he heard his sisters voice, far too used to it to be caught off guard as others were. "Who said that I was lazing?" His brow raised. "I have to appear as if i am taking time to think over things on occasion or someone, you aside, might realize something."

"I say you are lazing." She nodded, smirk returning as her eyes gleamed, lingering on him for a moment before she turned away, heading back in the direction she'd come from. "Get up. I have something to show you..."

"No sense of the delicate intricacies sister, dear." He smirked as he turned back around lazily to follow after her. He spared a glance upwards when he saw a shadow over their heads; Werevu, hopefully keeping an eye out like he'd asked him to. Thankfully he had nothing to fear from the roving vulture in the sky.

"You came back sooner than i thought you would. I hope you've found something interesting..."

"Would I have interrupted your laziness if I hadn't?" She snorted, glaring back over her shoulder briefly before climbing down some of the fallen rocks. "Just watch your footing." Little bits of debris fell beneath her paws and he was heavier than she was. If he wasn't careful...

"Considering you are calling what I was doing being lazy? You might have if to do nothing else than stop me." He followed her carefully, mindful of the loose stones. Last thing he needed was to be laid up with some sort of injury at this point in the game.

"Look." She stopped short, partially to make sure that he was paying attention and partially because she did not yet wish to go further than where she was standing. Just ahead lay a newly formed rift in the wall, fallen stones creating a pathway up to it. "Even your brute should be able to squeeze through there..."

He raised a brow as he walked a bit past her so he could inspect the rift in the valley wall. ".... Have I told you lately, dear sister, how much I love you?" Perfection had just dropped into his paws. So long as they were able to keep this between themselves he would have an advantage. They could get word outside, they could bring others in ....

"Mm... Not recently, but I believe now would be a good time to start." She smirked, turning her back to him so that she could climb back out, quite pleased with herself for the moment. So pleased that she just might let him praise her a bit if he wanted to.

"You will be keeping an eye on this for me." It would benefit her just as much as it would him for no one else to find out about the break in the walls. If the others found out they would try to get word out somehow, they'd start hunting for their lost friends. He'd have to make sure he came up with a good story just in case that happened. ".... 'ell them that i didn't want them getting too excited so i was scouting myself ...." He muttered to himself as he turned back around to follow his sister.

"Tell them whatever you want. They're your band of misfits." She shrugged her shoulders, catching a bit of his words as she glanced back at him once more. "Perhaps you can get Machafuko to be of some use."

"Oh, have no fear..." He smirked as he caught up to his sibling. "I have our best interests at heart"

The large white vulture dropped himself on a rock in front of the two lions. "If by 'our' you mean just the two of you." The bird smirked, large wings settling as it shifted on taloned feet. "And me, of course."

"You have your own interests at heart, Msiba. I am just lucky that, at the moment, I fit into them." She turned, tail flickering back and forth behind her as she made to walk away. "Nondo will keep watch over the rift. I have other things to see to."

A smirk creept over his maw as he turned to head back toward where the others were staying. He could leave her to whatever it was she was doing. His sister had never crossed him before and he trusted her not to now.

TheMadHatter

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:18 am
Who I am applying for: Nyonda
Username of person RPing Nyonda: EvilSilverDragon

Prompt: Nyonda, alone in the cavern, is feverish and in pain from her injuries; she drifts off into memory to a time when their pride's healer, a mandrill, had helped her recover from a nasty gouge when out hunting.

Content the royal consort lay in a cool cave beside her dear mate, Umoja and their little cubs Ufunuo and Ubele. All was quiet, as the cubs bound around and play, not a sound was made. Looking closely at her little jewels, she tilted her head to the side and the world tilted with it. Baffled, she blinked several times unable to seem to make things make sense. The rocks around her, the coolness and her family, all of which she knew the names and looks of, and yet strangely something wasn't connecting.

Reaching her head forward, pain, something that never belonged in such a happy time, pulsed through her and she let out a moan. It appeared that her mate was worried for her, and her little wonders, so she smiled and asked Umoja to find the mandrill. The name of the wonderful healer escaped her, but obviously those around her would know and find him. Right before her eyes, her strong mate seemed to have turned chameleon, his mane turning dark and textured, reds and deep browns layered in such an odd way. Those eyes she adored so much, full of wisdom and pride seemed to grow cold and changed color like his mane.

With no explanation and the feeling of pain growing, the lioness could only hope the mandrill could fix both of them, the pride needed their strong leaders, importantly, and their cubs needed their parents. Speaking of cubs, she turned to look at them to give out nuzzles and reassurances, as she expected both could use. Disturbingly, the cubs were nowhere to be seen. The dark cave grew warmer to the lioness and she shifted to get comfortable, something that did the opposite to what it was supposed to do.

With the mandrill in sight, she knew all would be well; he had given her bad tasting medicine in constant care that healed her before. Her shoulder was much better and she was still able to hunt and play, so everything would be great. It appeared though, that he was also unwell for she had never seen the poised mandrill hop forward and walk so strangely. His feet were too close together and the forearms didn't seem to be there yet they must be.

Before she could speak to him, he tilted his head in such an unnatural, for a mandrill anyway, way and gave the quizzical stare she'd expect from Hakiki. The furred body of her sign of hope started to haze and pull apart as if there were to be two mandrills. In the center, yellow clawed feet and a gray body started to appear, much smaller than the form she was seeing. As the confusion became too much, her breathing labord and her head fell to her paws. Eyelids shutting she looked to where her mate was, yet saw no one. Shifting restlessly, she was determined to get up, figure everything out and feel better. Her body, it turned out, was as easy to convince as her will and determination when she believed something to be right and someone tired to tell her otherwise.

The cry echoed through the cave, shrill bird sound that she recognized, Hakiki had called out to someone, though who she couldn’t imagine. Once again the world spun and the cave got even hotter.

Breathing heavily, she steadfastly restrained moans of pain as she closed her eyes fighting for a grip on whatever was ailing her. Seeing the mandrill again, him coming in with water and a fruit as well as some pasty stuff, she smiled thinking he was going to fix that gouge she had. Why did rocks come to mind, it wasn’t rocks that had hurt her. Falling still further into the fevered dreams, somewhere, the strong lioness had given up to save her strength for when she could find a way out of the world that didn’t make sense even if everything looked right from time to time. Asking the mandrill, she inquired as to why it was so hot, asked for water, and the bad tasting medicine, feeling she was needed and had to get to whatever it was quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 am
Who we are applying for: Ajili and Ingi
Username of person RPing Ajili: Kolina
Username of person RPing Ingi: Mimsey

Prompt: Ajili has just discovered her mate missing, and has to explain to Ingi that his father has disappeared ... how does she do that?

Quote:

How long had it been? Several days? Weeks? Ajili couldn't keep track but the disappearance of her mate had created a small hole in her heart that only grew larger with each day passing. The lioness had searched as far as she could from the den each day only to return every night without her male companion. It hurt Ajili; she missed the companionship and the security she felt when nestled next to her mate each night and knowing he was there to protect her. Now she had no one to watch over her.

Darkness had fallen and Ajili could not stay away from the den any longer. With a small rabbit clutched in hew jaws the female took the well known trek back to her home. Slipping past well known landmarks and scratched trees, Ajili found herself facing the small opening nestles near several large boulders that marked the entrance to the den. Taking a deep breath and winking away the tears that threatened to escape her Ajili slipped into the den.

Now, back at home, Ajili had to be strong. She couldn't show how distressed she was though tonight...well, tonight she'd have to explain things to her son. The only shining light left in her life that was able to fill that constantly growing hole in her chest. Little Ingi had been asking questions about his father and Ajili, not wanting to upset him, told Ingi that his father would be back soon. Soon had come and past and now Ajili could nothing but explain to Inge that she was unsure if his father would ever return.

Down below in the safety of the den, the rather large cub lay resting on his back. Up above, the roots and bramble crossed over the dirt roof. He’d made a game out of tracing the patterns and twists with his hazy grey eyes. It was a task that might have bored some other children- but Ingi wasn’t one to complain. He made no claims to being smart- but even he knew when to keep himself occupied when times were bad. The thorns twisted down into the roots, and for a moment, he muddled them with his paws to see where it went.

Frowning, he withdrew his paw. He was hungry. He was always hungry- but this time he would be glad to have father come back without food, so long as he came. Mother had said he was coming home soon, so he was pretty sure whatever treats he was bringing back must have been wonderful. Better then wonderful, and he swallowed just thinking about them. But in the same breath, he was going to make sure to tell father he didn’t need them. He missed him too much for him to spend so much time finding good food.

And yet… there was an odd look on mother’s face as she left this morning. He worried, perhaps, that he’d done something. His parents had never been the scolding kind to their only son, but he still worried about pleasing them. The idea that father might be staying away as a sort of punishment was a thought so dark that Ingi had shoved it far away and busied himself with the weeds until things could be settled.

Smiling, he pounced on the branch. It would due until now- and almost as soon as those thoughts riffled past, he heard the sound of his mother walking towards the opening. “Mommy!” He immediately replied, stumbling his rolly body over with a hurried smile. “Daddy-?”

Ingi poked his head out and looked about. So far, no sign of him. But surely he’d come home this time.

Ajili couldn't help the smile on her face at the sight of her little cub but the sound of his voice and the look in his eyes as he waited in hope for his father to join them just hurt Ajili more than little Ingi could know. Lowering her head she deposited the small rabbit on the ground and brushed her head against Ingi's. "He's not with me dearheart." Running a tongue across her little ones back she showered him with affection. She had been spending so much time looking for her mate that poor little Ingi wasn't getting the attention he usually got, but being the good cub that he was, Ingi wasn't showing any signs of desiring Ajili's attention at all times.

A few tears threatened to swell in the lionesses eyes. Fighting them back, Ajili let the rabbit lay for Ingi to eat if he desired. Her little one was just branching out when it came to meat so milk was still readily available for him though if he wanted it. Ajili took wonderful care of her son. She treated him like any cub should be treated with love, affection and the kindness they deserved but she also knew where to cut the line off. The last thing she wanted was to spoil him, though it certainly was hard not to.

Nestling herself against the back on the den Ajili made herself as comfortable as possible. Paws were tired and aching from constant abuse but by the time the morning sun rose she'd be ready to go out again, though this time she'd not be alone. Ajili had scoured all the areas within a days walking of the den and now it would be time to go further. With that thought in mine Ajili beckoned little Inge over to her. There wasn't anyway to put off telling her little one any longer.

A strange expression came across Ingi’s face. A smile that had started so genuinely upon his face caught in a freeze, and slowly melted away. His jaw pulled up against his face, and his ears sullenly dipped over his head. He had been sure… his tummy grumbled, and curiously he peered at the rabbit’s bedraggled carcass. He could eat it all, but the hunger in his heart now superseded any feelings of physical discomfort. The round child rose his head as his mother passed.

“Mom…” He started, catching his words in his throat. He didn’t want to seem ungrateful. “Um…” And then it came out at once. He ran ahead, his rolly body not hindering a kind of childish swiftness as he skirted between his mother’s legs and stopped in front of her. “Mom, could you tell daddy to come home? Please? I don’t need any special food, really I don’t.” he blurted.

He watched as his mother settled down against the den wall. The small boy’s whiskers quirked. He wasn’t a smart boy, but he knew something was wrong. He knew something was wrong but didn’t understand that parents were not constant. That someone could get up and leave one day and never ever come back- it just didn’t exist in the small universe the little family had created. The expression on his mother’s face therefore was hard to read. It was quieting.

“I didn’t do something, did I?” He asked quietly when she didn’t respond right away. "I mean...I know he liked the wishbone and I ate it anyways, and-"

"Ingi..." She hushed him quietly as she reached a paw behind her little Ingi's behind and scooted him closer into her, wrapping her front paws around him to create a kind of cradle. She licked the top of his head before rubbing against it, a small purr rising from her chest. Oh, how she wished she could protect him from everything. "Ingi...your father...I can't find him Ingi. I am not sure if he is coming back but I need to keep looking for him." She looked down at her cub with eyes that dared well up. She refused to let them fall though. She was the only one who could protect Ingi now and how could she possibly show him that she was breaking? No, she needed to be strong, if only to keep Ingi from falling into despair as well. "I am sure that he didn't disappear on his own. Something had to happen to him and he needs our help Ingi." The tears began to dry as she spoke, and her voice became a bit more confident with each word she uttered. "We'll have to leave tomorrow and begin searching for him. It's...it's not going to be easy Ingi but I won't let anything hurt you." She licked the top of his head again in a comforting motion. "We'll find him I am sure. It will just take a bit of looking. Do you think you can help mummy?" She smiled a sad smile but a smile none-the-less.

Ingi listened to his mother’s words, but they rolled over him and flew off before he could really comprehend them. He was lost? There was relief that washed over him. He was just lost! Not angry at him at all! He- his mother’s sorrow did not sink in. In Ingi’s mind, death was not a possibility. His father rejecting his family- not a possibility. He smiled, and rubbed himself against his mother’s crumbling form, completely and obliviously unaware of his mother’s fears.

“Oh, he’s just lost mum!” He breathed. “I can help. We’ll find him.” The bright eyed cub preened. As his mother fought back her own tears, he rolled over in her paws and snuggled down. He was a child who knew no hardship. Two caring parents, and a belly to prove it. This strife his mother warned of held little fear to the young boy’s heart. He did not know what strife was.

“Daddy’s awfully silly to get lost,” He mentioned softly, purring quietly. “Isn’t he mom?”

Ajili woke with a start as the ground below her began to shake with vigor.

The dream, which was more of a memory than a dream, was rattled from her mind as the quaking grew in intensity. The small den they had holed themselves up in for the night was beginning to crumble apart as clumps of dirt and rock showered her and little Ingi. Not pausing a moment Ajili grabbed hold of Ingi's scruff and heft him from her front paws as she darted from the den practically ripping the cub from his slumber. Once outside things weren't any better as earth and rock tumbled down and around her. Out of distress the lioness began darting away from where they had slumbered, not knowing where to go as the ground shifted below her paws threatening to knock her off balance. She needed to find a safe place! She needed to protect Ingi but everywhere she went the ground shifted, so the lioness did the only thing she could, she ran. Through the whole ordeal she couldn't help but wonder why the memory of that fateful night decided to invade her dreams.

I swear to you we behaved ourselves! This could have been worse! Don't shoot us for the length! *Waves white flag*  

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Kytora

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:28 pm
Who we are applying for: Dumu, Peke, and Kuruka
Username of person RPing Dumu: Snuffers
Username of person RPing Peke: iTrep
Username of person RPing Kuruka: Kytora

((Dumu is in
dark blue, Peke in black, and Kuruka in light blue))

Prompt: The cubs are out adventuring as a group the day of the earthquake; what happens when it occurs, and how do they escape the landslides? At the end, they should manage to spot Ukweli fleeing down the mountainside, and follow in his pawsteps to where the rest of the group is gathered.

Dumu eagerly romped around, as it was the first time the cubs were out on their own. They weren’t doing much, just exploring their land. Their mother hoped that this may bring them enthusiasm and zeal for their pride. And the cubs had no problem with her suggestion. As they playfully teased and bantered, they found a mountainside. True to Dumu’s mischievous nature, he said, already starting to scale the cliff.

“Come on! Let’s go. I’m sure there’ll be TONS of fun stuff to play with!” Without a single doubt in his mind, he expected them to follow suit. They had always followed his lead. But… Why weren’t they following him? “Huh? Come ON! It’ll be fine.”, he growled, irritated at the fact that they weren’t doing exactly as he said as they usually did.

Kuruka wasn't as excited as Dumu had been that morning when he spoke of the idea of climbing up the mountain, but she was certainly happy to stop lazing about the den with their Mother. The lioness had encouraged them to do something active, adventurous: get a feel for the new pride's land they had just been accepted into. Dumu had jumped at the chance. Peke...not so much. Kuruka had had to nudge her older brother into joining the other cub in exploring. She promised to stick by Peke throughout the journey, if it made him feel any better.
It sure would make her feel better, anyway.

Soon enough they reached the base of the mountain. Dumu eagerly led the way, picking a path as he went. Kuruka followed, leaving Peke to pick up the end, as she knew he would prefer. And that way, she reasoned with herself, he could catch her if she slipped on a particular rock.
Right? Right. It's what he would do.

Peke didn't want to go on this little adventure. It was boring and silly and childish, but he sister, Kuruka had promised she would stick with him, and well. She was his sister, and the thought of letting her run off with Dumu, who would push her around and boss her and probably get her hurt, alone made him nervous. So he reluctantly agreed to leave his spot in the shade, to run and 'play'.

And oddly enough, as the day stretched on, Peke found he was rather enjoying this little run around. It was nice to stretch his legs and feel the ground press under his paws, and not have to worry about an older lion watching over them. He was much more mature then the other cubs, and could easily survive on his own! He may be small, but he was tough. At first, he hadn't really felt the urge to run around with Dumu and Kuruka. He always felt awkward, and their little games they played always made him feel like a baby. Even now, Dumu was running around without a thought of where he was going. He followed behind slowly, ignoring his siblings attempts to get him to romp with them. Baby games. He would prefer to find Ufie -he chuckled to himself, imagining his favourite toy's irritated look at such a stupid nickname- and bother him over being tumbled and bumped. So instead, the sulking cub followed behind his sister, and when Dumu nudged her to roughly, or she stumbled over a loose stone, he was quickly at her side, giving her a muttered encouragement, the awkward friendly words that he saved for her, and then he would press his nose to the side of her rump and nudge her along, making sure she was alright as they continued along. Dumu didn't seem to notice either of them struggling along. Stupid Dumu.

As they scaled the mountain further and further, the day grew later. Peke and Kuruka, unhappy to be up here in the first place, were happy to have found any excuse to get off the precarious mountain. And they had just found a nice one; it was getting late. Their mother had specifically said to be back at the pride before sundown. It was nowhere near sunset but it would be by the time they got down. Seething at the fact they would have to head down soon, he decided to pretend they had lots of time. “Don’t worry, I’m sure mom will understand why we are late. Besides, the point of this is to get excited that we get to live here right? Then she’ll think it’s fine that we’re having so much fun, we came back a little late.” But Peke didn't agree.

Even now, Dumu was being to childish, and annoying too. Did he just expect Peke to follow him blindly up that stupid mountain, they were already half way up the path, and he didn't feel the need to go any farther! 'Oh, as if being pushed around on flat ground wasn't fun enough, why don't we add the danger of being pushed off a cliff or getting crushed by loose rubble to the mix,' the cub thought darkly. So with a glower aimed at his brother, Peke snorted, loudly and without a word displaying his dislike in this idea. And he liked the fact that Dumu (Dummy) thought he could just get Peke to follow along like Ufunuo would. He wasn't a whimpy pushover. Far from it! So he stood his ground, glaring up at his brother, as the wind brushed his fur, making it fluff and stand up. "I am not going to just romp on after you up some stupid mountain, Dumu," Peke growled, his baby teeth flashing as he grounded out the other cubs name, "Why don't you go get your little buddy and go with him. Me and Kuruka will stay here. Won't we Kuruka?" The cub glanced at his timid sister and gave her a little smile, before turning his face (and glare) back to his brother. Let the stupid bossy punk try and make him go!

As Peke disagreed, he pondered for a moment as to how he would be able to get what he wanted. "Stop worrying Peke! Besides, only brave lions climb mountains so I can see why you wouldn't want to climb it", he said with his smug little smirk plastered on his face. Not because he really thought it as much as he knew he would get what he wanted. He knew Peke didn't take insults and embarrassment well. Dumu was the obnoxious little cub that was easily tempted by things he shouldn't do, especially things that could be described as 'dangerous' 'fun' and especially, 'do not touch'. To him, this could be described as all three. He wouldn't let anything ruin his chances to play around something that would evidently bring him great joy.

She watched the argument between her brothers escalade. Nervous, she backed a few steps away, still in the middle of their shouting match. The first trembles of the earthquake made her slip a little, causing a slight shriek to leave her mouth. And then the huge ripples came.

Kuruka could only watch in terror as the land below the mountain top crumble, collapse, and fall into chaos. She could barely see the ant-like shapes of her Mother and other lions run around the pride in a panic. Her eyes widened in fear as she lost sight of her Mother; she backed up again until she was safely in between her brothers, for the security. Her confidence was shot. Where was Mother? Was she okay?

"Can we please go back down the mountain, now?" she asked timidly. "I can't see Mother, and I'm scared." She flicked her ears back, ashamed at mentioning such a weakness, but unable to hold it in. Maybe if she drew attention to Mother, they would listen and lead the way down again. Or something.

Of coruse, Dumu had his insults, and the lion cub growled. This was far enough! But still, he wasn't a chicken, and with sullen and angry spirits, the lion allowed himself to be badgered into climbing up the mountain. And soon it grew darker, and he called to his brother again, demanding that they turn back. Dumu had his argument, saying they were fine, and that mother would understand. Peke opened his mouth to argue when Kuruka cried out.

And he felt the mountain rumbling, and his heart started to race. He was quickly at his sisters side, and watched with horrible fear as the rocks swallowed his home, sharing his sisters shock. No. No...

This was all Dumu's fault! He glared at Dumu, and then looked back at Kuruka, and licked her ear in a small gesture of caring, "Yes. Let's go. Come on Dumu! This is your fault, you know! Now can we go back!" his anger was growing, but he tried to keep it down, because he knew it bothered Kuru.

Looking up the mountainside, they saw a humongous landslide not heading for them, but towards the pride. Dumu didn’t bother shouting, it was obvious that an earthquake had hit. Filled with adrenaline, his eyes darted around rapidly, quickly spotting Ukweli run down the mountainside and ran after him. He was a seer and was obviously headed for the pack. The path he had chosen was the fastest route down the mountain, although it was steep. But there was no time to choose a detour. Dumu dashed down the mountainside, checking all the way to make sure his siblings were alongside him.

Word count: 1,583

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:27 pm
Who I am applying for: Hisia
Username of person RPing Hisia: Carmel-Filled TeaCup

Prompt: Shortly after the earthquake, Ukweli gently tells Hisia that her sister, Ficha, has been killed. Shocked, Hisia goes off to mourn that night, remembering times when she and her sister were cubs together.

Quote:
Hisia couldn’t bear to face anyone, not even Ukweli or Nyonda, even if she could see her. She couldn’t believe it, she wouldn’t. Even though she had decided this, she knew, deep down, that her sister wasn’t with them in the land of the living. Samahani tried to keep Hisia out of hysterics until the clan was out of earshot.

“She’s not in pain! You must remember that, Hisia!!” Samahani said gently, well as gently as a cuckoo-hawk could. To one not used to Samahani’s harsh voice, they would have assumed that he was angry with Hisia.

Hisia was used to it but she collapsed and started to sob and cry letting the water run from her nose and eyes. Samahani, had not gotten used to all the emotions that this one lioness could emit. He flew over to a fallen birch and waited out the tear storm.

As she sobbed Hisia couldn’t help but remember Ficha.

Hisia looked at her piece of antelope that had fallen in the dirt. Ficha scampered over to her sister and frowned. “Are you ok? Maybe we can wash it off?” Hisia nodded her head to say fine but her eyes began to water. Her tears betrayed her brave face.

“Da strupid stick waus in da way! I didb’t wanna trup!” she cried trying to make a sentence coherent in-between deep sobs.

As Ficha tried to calm Hisia down, a vulture swooped down and took her piece of meat. This sent Hisia further into hysterics with no end to the tears in sight. Ficha, desperate to make her sister stay calm, placed her meat on a low flat rock and tried to rip it cleanly in half. The part in Ficha’s mouth ended up being bigger than on the rock. Ficha placed the other “half” on the rock and nosed it to Hisia, who had finally calmed down.

“Take the bigger half! You should have it. Your feelings make you hungrier than I usually am.” She said eating the smaller half before Hisia could protest.

“Thanks!” Hisia said happier than ever. She munched on the bigger half and tried to savor the flavor but ended up swallowing it in large bites. “You’re a great sister, I promise I’ll make it up to you.” She nuzzled Ficha and playfully shoved her. When they were both done, the two sister went over to a nice grassy spot in the sun and took a nap together, not bothering to look for their mother or Nyonda.

Hisia sat up and looked over towards the fallen tree where Samahani snoozed. She crept up on him and swatted him with her paw. “I cry myself to sleep, and you decide to take a nap too?” She asked in disbelief.

Samahani looked at her as her ruffled his feathers, “You better now?”

She nodded. “Yes, but I never did get to return the favor. And I promised. I hate breaking my promises.”

The cuckoo-hawk rolled his eyes. “I am sure she didn’t mind. Let’s go back to everyone before they worry. Maybe Ukweli will let you see Nyonda, she’ll need you to help with the grieving.” Hisia could only agree as they unconsciously started walking back to the clan. Her crying had made her feel lighter for once, and she was almost happy to believe that Ficha was someplace better and not worrying about them.

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

Quirm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:44 pm
Who I am applying for: Elea
Username of person RPing Elea: Quirm

Prompt: "While out hunting, Elea discovers shortly after the earthquake how useless her leg is, as she can't catch anything. How does she feel?"

"I'll never be able to hunt again, will I?" the voice was glum and surprisingly serious, coming from the young lioness. The question was directed at her bonded, Nadra, who was currently sitting in the branches of an overturned tree, keeping a look-out for potential dangers.

In a normal situation, it wouldn't have been danger she was looking out for, it would have been prey, Elea thought with a slight frown.

"No, you probably won't. Now stop asking that and start figuring out what we're going to do," the vulture clicked her beak, slightly impatient with her companion's depression. She was older than Elea by a summer, but would often swear that it felt like much more - and this was one of those times.

If she could, she would have sighed; as it was, she abandoned her post to hop down beside the young lioness.

Elea looked up from where she'd been resting her head on her paws. How on earth could Nadra be this calm? They'd never feel the adrenaline rush of pouncing on an unsuspecting prey, the feeling of being the best huntress in the pride, the..
She dragged a paw through the dirt to distract herself from her morose thoughts.
Never again. And Elea knew, with the certainty of all young adults, that she could've been great. She could've been the best, couldn't she? So why in the name of Mkodi did this have to go and happen!

A snarl left her lips, and the vulture next to her bent her long neck to nuzzle the girl's ears in a silent sign of affection and support.

But.. what was the alternative? She thought of the heir's two young cubs, their frightened mewls and their wide eyes as the earth itself seemed to come tumbling down on their ears.
Even Ubele had been silent and meek, and somehow, the thought of leaving them and their mother to the rock slide seemed worse than never hunting again. If she had the chance, she'd probably do it all over again, and that was the worst of it. Giving up the thing she loved more than anything in world, and knowing that she'd do it willingly, was a bit more than she wanted to know about herself at the moment. Couldn't she just have a moment of self-pity?

Nadra gave her ear a small n** with her sharp beak, as if somehow reading her thoughts.

Apparently she couldn't. She sighed and made ready to stand and hobble her way back to the others, coming to a truce with her volatile emotions, at least for the moment. Now was not the time to be sniveling, not when the others needed her.

She still loathed the thought of never hunting again, but her expertise was needed, even if it was from the sidelines.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:31 pm
Who I am applying for: Elea
Username of person RPing Elea: Fictiophilia

Elea: Blue Bolded Text
Nadra: Gold.Yellow Bolded Text
Quote:
While out hunting, Elea discovers shortly after the earthquake how useless her leg is, as she can't catch anything. How does she feel?

"It's much too early to tell Elea," Nadra assured her bonded companion. After all, it was only a couple days after the earthquake. The huntress needed time to heal. Unfortunately, the injury was only that much visible.

Elea's rear left leg felt as if it had snapped clean in two. It hung limply at the joint, in a twisted, unnatural way. Putting the smallest amount of pressure on it proved to be extremely painful for the adolescent. And yet, her mind lingered - not on the pain - but on her shame and new-found incompetence. She had a reputation. Note: had. Even among the adults, she was seen as a fellow huntress and was rarely looked down upon. But now - now what would they do? What would their reactions be? She couldn't bear to imagine the looks on their visage; her father's disappointment, her siblings' sadness, everyone else's sneers. Only for a moment did she picture the scene - perhaps she was going overboard with her imagination - but all this was frightening to the crippled huntress.

The vulture's voice finally pulled Elea out of her trance, but as soon as she came back to reality, the pain erupted again. She hadn't noticed herself setting her wounded foot down on accident. A sudden yelp was burning in the lioness's throat, but it took didn’t take much of her willpower to hold it in. She was refraining herself from any relief or relaxation. Punishment, Elea considered it – for being so stupid during the earthquake, for thinking she could make it out of the landslide without a scratch.

"Elea. ELEA, are you listening to me?" Nadra huffed, ruffling her gray feathers in impatience.

"Ouch," Elea winced, trying to attain balance on her three other legs. "Yes, I'm listening, but it's not like I'll do as I’m told. You know that I have to redeem myself. Myself and the pride." Even if it threatened her life in doing so.

Nadra frowned, snapping her beak open and closed irritably. Seeing her friend injured was the farthest thing from Nadra's mind before the earthquake. The lioness was always a healthy female, strong and intelligent enough to be the one of the top huntresses in her pride. Yet, here she was: desolate, rejected and worst of all – miserable. Elea's own self-esteem had taken its toll and sat in her chest, broken and irreparable. And all this was the cause of a miscalculated step – well, major fall in Elea's case.

The two sat at the top of a dead, grassy hill, Nadra perched on the dead trunk of a fallen tree. The avian could see the feline wistfully eyeing the grazing animals down in the plains. She wanted to run, to hunt, to feel the warm, thick blood smeared on her snout. Least of all, she wanted to be free again. She wanted to fly out into the plains without a care in the world, knowing that anything blocking her way would come crashing down before the victim could react or comprehend. But this, too, confirmed to be impossible for the eternally wrecked lioness. Elea simply wasn't accepting the inevitable. Only the avian could see that if the leg was given a chance to rest and mend, Elea could be soaring over the landscape sooner than imaginable. At least, that's what the bird hoped.

The lioness finally released a desperate sigh, letting herself fall to her right, so as to avoid crushing her leg further. Nadra smiled at her companion's action – the first sign of surrender to her own ego. If Elea kept up as nicely as this, she was certain the injury would heal much faster.

"It's useless. For me, for you," Elea whined, allowing her adolescent side to engulf her mind. "I'll never be able to show my face again. I'll never see my siblings or my fath-". Her voice broke, a painful lump at her throat. Her narrowed eyes were close to tears, but not quite yet. It would take much more strain than this to completely break the lioness.

"I'm sure they're fine. Perhaps in a better condition than you are," Nadra tried to lift Elea's brooding atmosphere.

"I wonder if they're safe… I wonder if they're... alive. Well, surely they are."

Her voice faltered and broke again. But this time, she lowered her head, hiding her face from the world, as if nothing to penetrate the safety of her own paw. Her shoulders shook very faintly.

Nadra could do nothing but helplessly stare, nothing but to grieve for her ill-fated friend. The uncharacteristic depression and incompetence brought on the pretense of an early death for Elea. As if the adolescent feline was done in this world and was only waiting to die, broken and alone in the jagged hills near the very prey she had previously feasted upon. Of course, Elea's only remaining friend would do everything in her power to prevent this. Just to rebuild her companion and help her rise to the top again. She would do whatever it would take – and Elea would never know.

"Don't worry Nadra. I'll be okay for a crippled lion," Elea grimaced.

Fictiophilia

Mila Farrell
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:54 pm
Mmm, here's Hisia. <3

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:13 pm
She is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations to whomever wins this beauty!  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:17 pm
Who I am applying for: Hisia
Username of person RPing Hisia: DragonsRage24

Prompt: Shortly after the earthquake, Ukweli gently tells Hisia that her sister, Ficha, has been killed. Shocked, Hisia goes off to mourn that night, remembering times when she and her sister were cubs together.

The stars were so dim as if they knew her sorrows that crept from her hues shining in the light of the pale moon. Silent tears streaked down her pale, moonlit pelt, her eyes half open staring out towards nothing. "Ficha," she was gone, and how her heart tore at her. Hisia was perhaps the stereotypical emotional lioness, though it only proved that she was kind hearted and could do no wrong. Soft spoken, overly involved in anything that pertained to her pride that she was devoted to. Her face always had the appearance of sympathy, understanding, acceptance.

Staring at her in silence Samahani tilted his head, clipped his black tipped beak and wondered in golden eyes what was wrong this time. For a hawk, he was soft hearted as well, more likely from Hisia's contagious look on life, an opportunist, at least in his eyes, and opportunists were rare.

Opportunists, usually did not last long, from what his life had told him.

"I'm sorry," he finally said softly, taking a step towards her, pulling his wings against his back, striped belly dark in the lack of light.

"I know," would this break her? She peered towards the stars, the moon, Ficha, how she loved her, loved her still. Ficha would never be gone from her, her memories were still engraved into her mind, Ficha would never be gone.

"We found these, together one day, right ehre" she said softly, placing a white toed paw upon her chest, over her necklace. The surroundings familiar, somewhat familiar, things had changed overtime, the area weather worn indeed. "Twin jaded stones, perfect together, although hers," a soft laugh escaped her throat, "The one she found is a little beat up, little nicks in it you can barely see from her tiny claws then," she remembered well, and would never forget, never.

"Ficha," she spoke silently, the pain in her heart would lessen over time, but a twinge would forever remain, but she would live on, if not for herself, for Ficha, "I will never forget, never."

Samahani sighed, such sweet nature, why did such a tragedy have to strike someone so pure? "I'm sorry," he said it always, as if it was the first thing to say to any response. His wings opened from there perch on his feathers back and he flew to perch on her shoulder, leaning close, wings wrapped around her as if in a gentle hug.

Comfort, there would be comfort here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:23 pm
Woah. owo Are we going to see the lions early or something? She's gorgeous!  

Lollypop13

StrawberriLori

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:24 pm
So who is Ukweli going to warn? I can't find the name 'Ubawa' anywhere. I'm slightly confused. Thanks in advance. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:44 pm
Who I am applying for: Machafuko
Username of person RPing Machafuko: Andrani

Prompt: Msiba's just told Machafuko that he has to go hunting and get the pride something to eat; something which the lazy lion does not want to do, but is forced into doing anyway. When out of pridal sight, what does he do?

Macha grumped, glaring at nothing in particular. Why did he have to hunt? It wasn't like he was even that great. In fact, he wasn't. He'd never caught anything in his life. It wasn't like he didn't WANT to because he was lazy... Well, that was part of it. But he COULDN'T. He'd tried, but he couldn't.

A pause, and the male spotted something. As he moved closer, he realised it was prey. As his tail curled, he considered his options. Either actually try to hunt like he'd been told to, and possibly come back beaten up by the thing he was supposed to kill... Or just not hunt and hope he found a dead animal somewhere. As he sat down, Mtalia landed on his back.

"Hey, Machafuko, don't you see the antelope standing there?" The vulture ruffled her feathers, looking at the beast. "It's not even making a move to RUN!"

Macha frowned, standign up. "I see it, but you know I can't hunt..." He let out a huff, shaking the bird from his back. "Anyway, I'll have better luck finding something already dead."

Mtalia let out a squawk, feathers ruffling. "Well, if you're not going to try and catch it, then try to trick it!" When the lion stopped, she knew she'd caught his attention. "Trap it somewhere so it can be more easily killed. If you can't use your body, use your brain!" She fluttered back to his back, pecking his head. "You spend enough time thinking!"

Macha growled, shaking the bird off again. "Fine, I'll trick it. Can't be THAT hard..." Flicking his ears, he went trotting off. It didn't take long to find a place where it would be trapped. Now to just GET it trapped...

When he returned, Macha was surprised to find the gazelle still standing there. Was it disfunctional in the brain or something? As he moved closer, it made no move to run. Lunging didn't work, either. It just continued to stare off into space, not paying attention to anything. Spooked, Macha backed up.

The first sign of trouble was the angry rumble right behind him. The next sign was the trunk curling around his abdomen. There was no more warning before the elephant reared up and threw the lion, sending him flying through the air. Macha had never known the sensation of flight like Mtalia had, but he didn't like it now. He didn't like it, either, when his body made a painfull hello with the ground, sending him tumbling.

On a branch near by, Mtalia was laughing. As he regained himself, Macha glared. "Shut up..." Letting out a pained groan, the lion got up and carefully limped off. He wasn't hunting now... No, if he had his way, he'd never hunt again! Mtalia continued to laugh behind him as she spread her wings, following behind the injured lion.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:53 pm
Who I am applying for: Machafuko
Username of person RPing Machafuko: [lightwolf]

Prompt: Msiba's just told Machafuko that he has to go hunting and get the pride something to eat; something which the lazy lion does not want to do, but is forced into doing anyway.  When out of pridal sight, what does he do?

"Hmph," Machafuko grumped under his breath as he reluctantly took to the roguelands alone. (His avian companion... was juuust a bit too annoying for a hunt.) He wondered in the back of his mind why he was actually taking off and going to grab some chow... There was still a dead carcass that hadn't even been started to get picked at! Those lazy lionesses... "I'd even been having a nice nap!" He said more loudly now that he was further away, turning his head back in the direction of the pride. That dream had been oh so tantalizing, he'd been atop a mountain of zebra legs... Not much better than that. Mach hadn't even noticed that his feet had stopped walking when he remembered that dream. He savored it for another long moment before he was pulled out by the squawking of some bird, nobody's in particular. "Oh, what do you want?" He sneered at the thing. It would've been an appropriate moment to take a swipe, but... Nah, that thing wasn't worth it. Mach instead pushed forward into the grasses once more. "Catch the damn thing and drag it back, then go back to sleep."

... Maybe this would make those lionesses stop glaring at him.

... why did he care again? Oh, because they supplied Zebra legs. Just like that dream. "Mmmm, GODS, I LOVE FOOD!" He exclaimed before turning his gaze back to the horizon. "If there's one thing I love more than food, it's sleep, but I'm not sure..." He mused as he once again forced his legs forward. The male didn't seem to be capable of reminiscing and walking at the same time.

Then that delicious scent wafted to his snout. "Mmm mmm mmm food..." the male cooed softly to himself. A herd of antelope was before him. Most unfortunately, many in the herd seemed healthy. He sat and watched (and almost dozed off) before spotting one that seemed lame on it's back leg. He launched himself carelessly after it, but the whole herd ran, including his quarry. He chased it for a few yards before slowing to a long lope and then stopping. From the way he was panting, you'd assume that Mach had just resurfaced from being underwater for 3 minutes, his constant eat-nap-eat-sleep-eat cycle kept him very out of shape.

With a very disgruntled sigh, the male sat, gasping desperately for oxygen. What would he ever do? He couldn't return to his brother empty-pawed. After all, he used that connection to keep himself well fed. The brother of such a magnetic personality like Msiba could obviously get away with a few more hours of nap and a few more zebra legs than could... not a brother of... Msiba. Yeah.

Lost in his ponderings for a few moments, Machafuko gathered his breath and remaining energy in those worn out muscles of his to rise and search once more. He'd need to stay on his brother's good side, what with the way he was milking their relationship. Not far away, a young lost klipspringer had been unfortunate enough to cross Mach's path. Had it been a little older he may have passed it up (too challenging, too fast, too painful...) But it seemed just the right age for a slacker to try to catch. He crouched down, weight hinging all along his spine, and much of his upper weight hanging on his shoulder blades. Mach crept forward, waited for only a moment (for the lion had one thing on his mind: food. Fast food, get the job done and eat.) And then he pounced, having to run only a few paces before he tripped the young thing and bit into it's throat. Not a moment later, he was making short work of the creature that had been alive and grazing all of a few minutes ago. Did Mach even remember what he was supposed to be doing with the klip? Why, of course not! He was busy savoring that flavor. By the time he started to satiate himself, he realized... there was only a flank of it left.

Machafuko pulled away from the kill and looked the skeleton over. Yup, only that hind leg remained, and there was only good meat on its flank. The male's lips tightened pensively as he checked his surroundings for one of those pesky birds. It seemed he had gone unnoticed in his gorging. He picked the back leg off and carried it towards the pride, good meat in his mouth so he could chew off little bits of it as he sauntered back to his brother. His alibi? Why, it was all that was left on that carcass he'd scavenged, of course!

((Regardless, I had a lot of fun with that. XDDD <33 Thanks for the awesome event, staff! 8D *can't wait to watch it unfold*))  
[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff